Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm so glad I stopped caring about these.
It's truly agonizing to watch-- especially with Alexis, Ben, Lando and Justin as hosts. 30 minutes of "here's what's up in MY life" chatter, 5 minutes of "we can't give you dates guys", 10 minutes of Wing Commander chat and a few questions answered.

It's basically Chris and Sandi's Tender Underbelly brigade. Only Thomas seems to have some balls there now- and he's behind the camera most of the time.

--

Highlights of this one.

Ben threw down on critics, "dinks", conspiracy theorists-- presumably goons. "You guys suck!"

Lando is now complaining to those who've sent him messages saying "You're killing my soul" when he closes down threads...This is therapeutic for them, apparently.

Chris showed up to announce 2.0 will go live to everyone later today.

Ben is in ecstasy as Chris speaks; Alexis knows her husband's heart truly belongs to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
holy lol at that picture.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

G0RF posted:

BEN ON RTV: "The Javelin and Idris will be available during the livestream. There will be a couple available..."

This little tidbit was buried halfway through the livestream- but it probably the only news of note we'll get. Here's a react thread in /starcitizen and one on /starcitizen_trades that will probably get a lot of comments soon.

Will be curious to see if it's seen as good news or cause for protestation.

Derek was right, they are desperate for money

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

I think it's a great troll.
I'm torn between thinking this, or that they're actually serious.

Which I suppose is what makes a great troll.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

G0RF posted:

Ben is in ecstasy as Chris speaks; Alexis knows her husband's heart truly belongs to another.

:lol:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm so glad I stopped caring about these.

Is that why you're still watching intently

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
This thread's hard to keep up with; who's Karl and why should he gently caress off?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Kakarot posted:

Is that why you're still watching intently
You can watch it without caring about it.

Indeed, it is the only way to watch it now.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
But seriously, someone give an award to whomever sewed on those shirt buttons, they're doing god's work

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Wintermutant posted:

This thread's hard to keep up with; who's Karl and why should he gently caress off?

He fucks with urkle and we don't like that much

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wintermutant posted:

you're karl

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Describing how he was once a baseball mascot named "Oliver Trash" who had to walk around the stadium with a garbage bag is peak Huckaby. I almost died.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I guarantee he was never hired and just started showing up one day doing this lmao.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Describing how he was once a baseball mascot named "Oliver Trash" who had to walk around the stadium with a garbage bag is peak Huckaby. I almost died.
Didn't he say he had to wear a tux while he did that?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Wow, this was cringeworthy.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
if anyone would like to learn more about Huckaby's previous professional endeavors, here's an article:

quote:

Part of the intrigue of Mr. Trash is the uncertainty over exactly what he's supposed to be or do. His official biography says he's an usher. But what usher wears a tuxedo with a Waste Management logo on the back? Or dances madly past home plate to the beat of OutKast's "The Way You Move"?

When the music fades, Mr. Trash whips out a plastic garbage bag - as if producing a dove from thin air. Then, as if that needed topping, he proceeds. To. Pick. Up. Trash. Slowly. He goes fan to fan, collecting mustard-smeared wrappers and empty cups.

This is not the sort of act that wows them at Carnegie Hall. But people love him.

I can't fukin breathe.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

G0RF posted:

:vince:

I liked how they threw out PR bombshells with the discussion about the new "we don't give a poo poo about your ship criticism" forums and then proceeded to instantly change the mood by bringing Christ Roberts out to pacify the masses.

Well played CIG, well played. :golfclap:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Oh, I thought he was a writer

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
a job is a job and you do whatever you have to do to stay fed, but it's all just so perfectly "Jared".

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

G0RF posted:

This picture with your caption provided me many laughs

FatherChristmas
Nov 9, 2012

'Tis the season

Karl, fucketh thyself.

G0RF posted:

It's truly agonizing to watch-- especially with Alexis, Ben, Lando and Justin as hosts. 30 minutes of "here's what's up in MY life" chatter, 5 minutes of "we can't give you dates guys", 10 minutes of Wing Commander chat and a few questions answered.

It's basically Chris and Sandi's Tender Underbelly brigade. Only Thomas seems to have some balls there now- and he's behind the camera most of the time.

--

Highlights of this one.

Ben threw down on critics, "dinks", conspiracy theorists-- presumably goons. "You guys suck!"

Lando is now complaining to those who've sent him messages saying "You're killing my soul" when he closes down threads...This is therapeutic for them, apparently.

God this poo poo is incredibly hard to watch. My hats off to you for sitting through it, I couldn't manage more then ten minutes.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Plus, there are dozens if not hundreds of people on the record on Reddit claiming they were making additional ship purchases just to spite Derek Smart / The Escapist. It's entirely possible that more people were motivated to double down on dumb by spending more than actually sought refunds.

They rattled their sabers to rally the faithful, not to scare their enemies-- and it worked. No further action is necessary.

Yes. There is that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShredsYouSay posted:

I don't think that's a diet coke...

It's a Coke Zero. :lol:

Because yeah sure, drinking a Coke Zero instead of a regular Coke is gonna help him lose weight.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Physics chat should be directed at finding out how those buttons are still holding his shirt closed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Romes128 posted:

Physics chat should be directed at finding out how those buttons are still holding his shirt closed.

Using real physics or SC Physics™?

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

G0RF posted:

Plus, there are dozens if not hundreds of people on the record on Reddit claiming they were making additional ship purchases just to spite Derek Smart / The Escapist. It's entirely possible that more people were motivated to double down on dumb by spending more than actually sought refunds.

They rattled their sabers to rally the faithful, not to scare their enemies-- and it worked. No further action is necessary.

What if Derek Smart and the Escapist article were both plants to make people spend more money on SC? :tinfoil:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

quote:

Once again, you impress.

Hey, do me a favor next time you're feeling suicidal (or masochistic, I dunno which anymore), try this: QD to array 126 fly back to where you started and tell me the following:

1) did you make it?

2) did you get "gridref error"?

3) did the range change before and after you got to the array?
By fly do you mean like, at cruise speed? I don't mind QT'ing around but that's like a 19 hour trip without warp, there's no way things will hold up for that long.

No fly; you can QD back

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A picture tells a thousand pounds.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
And the exodus at the Austin studio that's definitely not closing, down-sizing or relocating, continues. This time, two lead engineers. There are others who have yet to update LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/thewrightjames

https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephholley

Remember when I said more departures were coming? More are coming. Jan 2016 is going to be fun.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kakarot posted:

I dunno about desperate, they have always been money whores and people already know that 'never go on sale again' is crap (unless they are loving retarded. But with a community as stupid and delusional as SC, I don't doubt anything). It just seems like easy money for the only people that tune into this garbage seriously, devoted whales.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

Yeah, Idris M & Scythe can't be sold again, people would flip the gently caress out as it's the only promise they've actually kept since kickstarter (promise kept assuming you ignore the secret wait list).

Apart from those, the 890 Jump is therefore the only ship they could have sold in Nov/Dec 2015 that they so far haven't.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

--

Highlights of this one.

Man, The Last Supper COSplays are getting weirder and weirder.

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007
please refrain from discussing coke while mr smart is present

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Man, The Last Supper COSplays are getting weirder and weirder.

Lol if you think they'll ever have a last supper

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Ragequit posted:

A picture tells a thousand pounds.

And the rest.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Alternate captions

"Today on QVC, we have a surplus of Chins. No, not the asian guy in the back Sandi, you racist bitch."

"Lesnick's wife could only look on in envy as Ben evacuated himself for the first time while sitting on his in-studio $2,000 Restoration Hardware porta-potty"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Xaerael posted:

Alternate captions

"Today on QVC, we have a surplus of Chins. No, not the asian guy in the back Sandi, you racist bitch."

"Lesnick's wife could only look on in envy as Ben evacuated himself for the first time while sitting on his in-studio $2,000 Restoration Hardware porta-potty"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Didn't they make a big post in September about how they are restructuring and canning a bunch of people, but giving them till the end of the year or whatever?

Is "People are leaving Austin" really news any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

:eyepop:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/303142/anyone-who-gets-a-refund-on-their-pledge#latest

• Locked thread