Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

In a game that just ended, when I took AI Nazca's cap they had no forts left and precious few troops. Before I finally eliminated them though I was having their PG land on their cap literally every other turn. Ended up killing it something like 6-7 times. Given they maybe had 5 or so priests left, they were recalling far faster than any human player could possibly have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

After some false starts and with the help of #Dom4Goons I was able to get 15 provinces in the first year using Vanheim with Vanheres and a nature 9 bless tree. Progress!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Okay now start a new game but have your kid design your pretender.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

biosterous posted:

Okay now start a new game but have your kid design your pretender.

"Give me a [Noun] [Good/Bad]guy."

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Ramc posted:

"Give me a [Noun] [Good/Bad]guy."

Make one called the eternal moose warrior, get a giant army of mooses and moose related things.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

My kid has no strong feelings about moose.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Ramc posted:

My kid has no strong feelings about moose.

What kind of father are you

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Washout posted:

What kind of father are you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724860&pagenumber=18&perpage=40#post447438169

namad
Nov 7, 2013

This is the best thing to ever exist. I didn't used to even want kids, now I do.

P.S. have you done any other lp's with your kid? even as testposts? I'd love to see more.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

namad posted:

P.S. have you done any other lp's with your kid? even as testposts? I'd love to see more.

I have not. More recently our commute games of choice are 3DS ones, which I can't screenshot even if I wanted to. Currently it's Super Mario 3D Land, he's also seen Mario Kart on it, Theatrerhythm and Rocket Slime. He liked Rocket Slime so much that I got a Rocket plush (well a slime plush) for him. He loves it. It's a crime that the sequel is still only in Japan. His co-ordination has gotten better and with the deck stacked in his favor (endgame armed tank vs starter enemies) he can actually do it himself. He was super jazzed the first time he did it.

(He actually beat the first level in Super Mario 3D Land on the ride home today without any help, and was once again very amped that he did so)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Because this is no longer the Dom4 thread here is another dad update- the kid beat the first two levels of Super Mario Land 3D unaided. I am so proud.

I also saw that Dragon's Dogma is coming out on PC. I would be tempted to boot that up on the XBox360 and show him it but it would just absolutely blow him away and his gaming career would basically peak right there and it'd be nowhere to go but down.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
I'll be posting the rest of the turns so you can all mock me in the new year!

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Absum posted:

samog is just samogging

look i was just saving the awards for christmas day ok

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
also i'm starting a newbie game, in case anyone here is interested

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Samog posted:

I'm down.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Samog posted:

I would be an excellent addition based on my history of poor expansion, terrible diplomacy and sub par pretender creation.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Samog posted:

I'm up for that.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

I'm down.

I am rooting for you.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Donkringel posted:

I am rooting for you.

I appreciate the support.

I won my first game vs the AI. It wasn't that apocalyptic, so the world got off easy this time. Rainbows and Trees and people called into the sea to drown.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Did you know that if your pretender god dies of a disease that you lose all the cool items they had that you spent however many gems forging, even if it happens in your home turf?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ramc posted:

Did you know that if your pretender god dies of a disease that you lose all the cool items they had that you spent however many gems forging, even if it happens in your home turf?

TRILLWINTER

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ramc posted:

Yep. If you have diseased people keep an eye on them and take off all their things before they die. Same for any other cause of death, really, but outside of disease you generally don't get to expect it coming like that, so.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Hospital staff have sticky fingers I guess.

Also man it is easier to maim a god than you'd think.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Samog posted:

look i was just saving the awards for christmas day ok

good news, all, christmas day is here (according to some churches), and i have three fabulous prizes to give out.

fortunately exactly three people who aren't already part of dom crew submitted images, if you don't count ramc

Klaus88 posted:

See, stuff like the last page of discussion and the fact that the interface for dominions inspires this reaction:

Really means that its more fun for me to watch the game being played then to actually play the game.

:munch:

Great stuff. Great stuff. I award Klaus88 ten points out of ten points, and the first prize: a copy of Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension.

One of the most powerful Baudin memes I have ever seen. I award StoryTime 9.5 points out of 10 points, and the second prize: a copy of Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension.

Elite posted:

Hello internet connoisseurs, I present a dank and/or hilarious meme for your appreciation. It may or may not be borderline unreadable, but if you aren't squinting at barely visible details then it isn't Dominions.

You can also have this vintage image to help explain why dogpiles fail:

Though really they should've all been computers rather than skulls.

Anyway I'm in for another Dominions LP, the Wheel turns once again as they say.

A strong showing from Elite. I award him 9.4 points, and the third prize: a copy of Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension.

If you were one of the lucky winners, you can contact me on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/samog/) to collect your prize!

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
the mug, of course, goes to decrepus, in recognition of his filial and virtuous service to the dominions four community

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
That was unexpected, I thought it was a pretty throwaway effort. Shows what I know. Maybe I'll embarrass myself playing multiplayer sometime! Steam name: Zigorney.

StoryTime fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 8, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Last place: Two copies of Dom4.

Also my first official multiplayer game of Dom4 involved a start with 3 connections, two of them forests, one a throne. Nice, nice. It was reset because of similar map issues for everyone, but very Dom4. Auspicious.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
So how dead is the thread? Because Dominion is game that is fun to read about, but there is no way I am playing it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Regarding the thread's deadness, I'm not sure when Baudin will be posting the final turns. However, two games that people are planning to LP, either thoroughly or in part, have started recently; one is a standard draft game, similar to this one, that I'm planning to do a full LP of and have encouraged other players to record turns of as well, while the other is... Special, and has some people expressing interest in LPing it as well. (By "special", I mean it had people draft units for everyone else's nations, and the results are amazing and awful and it's going to be a disaster and I can't wait to see it.)

For something that's relevant to this thread, Baudin's actually in the game I'm planning to LP. He drafted a nation that's considerably better than his one in this game, even! However, it's also better in a way that's going to make everyone want to kill him, so, we'll see how that goes.

I'm planning on letting a turn buffer of two or three in-game years build up before I start my LP, so it'll be a few weeks before that starts. No idea when the baddraft LP will start, meanwhile, or if it'll have its own thread; people may just post updates for it in my thread, since I offered to let them do so. Either way, those are coming, so, you'll have that to look forward to.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Xarn posted:

So how dead is the thread? Because Dominion is game that is fun to read about, but there is no way I am playing it.

Play the game, join us friend.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Roland Jones posted:

For something that's relevant to this thread, Baudin's actually in the game I'm planning to LP. He drafted a nation that's considerably better than his one in this game, even! However, it's also better in a way that's going to make everyone want to kill him, so, we'll see how that goes.

he has elegist and an awake dragon so he won't be a super easy target.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shh, spoilers. (Not really.) But yeah, like I said, it's a better nation than the Jewish giants and their various associates we see here. Really, I don't think any of the nations in it turned out bad, even if some are better than others.

And then there's baddraft, where everything is bad. Including the attempts at drafting bad things, as evidenced by how often people wound up accidentally giving decent units and combos out.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Did I win?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

uguu posted:

Did I win?

It looks like you did not get a copy of Dom4, so yes.

You did.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Turn 29:

Alas my call of the Winds attack failed:

The main reason it failed is because I forgot about the PD he would inevitably drop, which prevented me from hitting him in the first few turns:

drat.

He then proceeded to raid my second fortress:

Now lets see how my attack went on his fortress:

poo poo. That’s a lot of zealots killed, and only longdead really to show for it. Not a good trade at all, luckily none of my mages died though, which is good.

Lets see what he did that was so effective:

loving flaming arrows.

Plus I was able to keep him out of one of my other provinces. This should be an interesting turn.

Just something to note: I finally have a master smith with air.

At turn 29.

I’m going to try something potentially very stupid, I’m moving in my earthquakers.

They might be able to damage whatever he throws at 144, where most of my troops are trying to extract:

Assuming all goes as planned my troops will move first, meaning I don’t lose all of my troops in that location (most importantly the commanders there), and I can get the hell out. This is looking a lot like I’m going down in flames, but here’s hoping I can damage him enough to prevent him from moving on me in the immediate future.

End Turn!

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Turn 30:

Ok I’m sure this is going to go just fine!

gently caress.

Ouch.

Yay?

Well this isn’t good. I’ve lost a bunch of gems with those three master smiths dying, plus they rolled nice earth mods too. Plus the killer rings of levitation. It’s really not helping that I failed to clear the siege on my second fort. gently caress. I think I’m going to have to pull back.

Hopefully my next research goal will be able to turn the tides for me. I need to be able to turn his troops against him. Not a lot of interesting things here - most of my moves are pulling back

Sorry for the short turn - there’s not a lot going on from my end unfortunately!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Wait I thought this LP was dead.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

quote:

They might be able to damage whatever he throws at 144, where most of my troops are trying to extract:

---

gently caress.

What happened there?

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Ramc posted:

What happened there?

I'm not completely sure - I believe that they killed a bunch of undead, then promptly fell asleep and died to skeleton spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Turn 31:

I’ve successfully run away from Morlockia (I believe someone recently [as of writing this update] mentioned that Morlockia is the only nation worse than mine, but I’m not sure that’s true).

That battle between Pax and Fallen Alfheim is pretty one sided - Pax destroyed them.

Ouch.

I’ve got a few good things going for me. First off I have a decent Marshmaster

I’ll be able to boost him further if I survive.

Unfortunately I can’t seem to clear those fiends off my second fort with my regular troops. Time for gross overcompensation. I’m going to have to clear them by force (and likely they’re going to run off as soon as he sees what I’m doing). This is probably dumb in the short term, but I need a few more turns to counter those goddamn skeletons.

Those skeletons seem to be doing ok against the elf men

Further south Boing seems to be rolling over Rotekian fairly quickly:

And Pax appears to be conquering Fallen Alfheim more or less uncontested:

Here’s hoping I live long enough to see which one of these two kills the other off!
End Turn!

• Locked thread