Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

Metallica has always been more thrashy than Mega besides.
I'm inclined to disagree because I'm a Megadeth fanboy, but now that I think about it, Metallica has been more thrashy while Megadeth has always been more technically adept. Yin and yang. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

A human heart posted:

I don't think you need to be British to think that sounds ridiculous.

Oh yeah, I just meant that trying to do that when playing to a crowd of dour East Midlanders is probably not going to help matters. Well, except for the guy who was off his tits on MDMA and then got chucked out before Belphegors set.

OTOH he did jump into the crowd and start a circle pit himself when shouting at us didn't work, so I admire his pluck.

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Cryptopsy and Abysmal Dawn tour announced:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
That's really weird because just yesterday I threw on some Cannibal Corpse after having not listened to them in a long while and I was really feeling it, which made me want to see Corpse again even though I've already seen them six times. Looks like I'll be traveling to the Chicago show.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Winnipeg promoter must be asleep or something because that is another decent midsize tour he's let go. gently caress man.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Going to see Tengger Cavalry tonight. :toot:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
im seeing gently caress THE FACTS tonight which is gonna rule

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So it looks like I'm gonna have to skip the Decibel tour because motherfucking Pig Destroyer is coming that night.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I am super excited for this:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

kajeto posted:

Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Cryptopsy and Abysmal Dawn tour announced:

Just saw them with Cattle Decapitation a couple months back. Excellent show.

Baroness next week now. :woop:

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

funeral fag posted:

Here's some cool new metal drama where Pete Helmkamp calls out some guys from Pissgrave and apparently they're real shits

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=526535934182377&id=487162971453007

https://www.facebook.com/Pissgrave/?fref=ts

The other side, Pissgrave says hes full of poo poo.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

13Pandora13 posted:

Just saw them with Cattle Decapitation a couple months back. Excellent show.

Baroness next week now. :woop:

Send them both to the UK tia

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Wyzt posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Pissgrave/?fref=ts

The other side, Pissgrave says hes full of poo poo.

Sensible chuckle at #warmetal

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
New Rotting Christ in February! This is some good poo poo, love me some mid-tempo melodic black metal with random greek warbling.

I'd just link the Soundcloud file itself rather than giving MetalSucks clicks but whenever Season of Mist does this poo poo I can NEVER find the specific song on their Soundcloud ( or on Rotting Christ's ). I don't know if that means it's an exclusive or if I just suck at searching Soundcloud.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/12/09/rotting-christs-elthe-kyrie/

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

The Winnipeg promoter must be asleep or something because that is another decent midsize tour he's let go. gently caress man.

Probably just waiting for the B.C. theater to finish renos. :(

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

I got my own Seagrave art, check that off the motherfuckin' bucket list.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Holy loving poo poo is that for the new Nucleus release? If that's reflective of the sound of your album, :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

Gamma Nerd posted:

Holy loving poo poo is that for the new Nucleus release? If that's reflective of the sound of your album, :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

I'm really happy with it, and the few people who heard mixes dug it a lot, so it should be ok. Not gonna be a radical difference production wise from the EP, but I think it sounds beefier/better this time. Damian Herring is mastering it now.

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 10, 2015

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I finally got around to listening to Demontage and they rule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lmDNwEGXaI

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New Avantasia single on Youtube. The singles off the last albums have been really painful, but I'm digging this one. It's pretty Meat Loafy, quite an AORgasm. (That said I'd love if Tobi could get Meat Loaf aboard sometime)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjRq72ZBZxs

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
New Abbath track premiere! :derp:

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/listen-to-count-the-dead-by-abbath

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
gently caress me Abbath rules.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If it's new release time, Lost Society announced their new album, Braindead, coming February. :woop:

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
That Abbath track is laughably bad. Deplorable.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

I finally have something to put on my Secret Santa list this year

The Clit Avoider posted:

That Abbath track is laughably bad. Deplorable.

:crossarms: *takes off The Clit Avoider's mask* :eyepop: It was Demonaz all along!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Demonaz Immortal will probably also make some real bad music, but at least they won't be selling mugs and shower curtains.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If Abbath mugs are wrong then I never want to be anywhere near right.

I finally spent proper time with the new Cattle Decapitation. My first experience with it wasn't really great and the AOTY nods were baffling to me. Well, it hit me today. The rhythms are pure brutality and the vocals are weird as poo poo. I didn't embrace that weirdness on my first listen but now I'm all about it. His vocals were always a little too dry sounding for me but the production is great this time around and the fact that his lyrics are so clear through the growls is nuts. The shrieky hog screams and cleans are definitely the icing on top for me.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Spotify tricked my rear end the other day. They added a brand new Augury album called "Bending Twisting Turning" which shocked me because I had no idea they were working on new material. Turns out it's just some lovely alt rock band with the same name that Spotify struggled to categorize. I wish there was some new Augury.

Anyway, here's some real Augury in case you forgot about them: :frogsiren:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hlSMQ-_WAU :frogsiren:

In other news, I've been listening to the new Ur Draugr album... which I downloaded solely based off of the incredible album art. Turns out the music owns as well. It's in the realm of 'progressive black/death' or whatever we're calling it nowadays and it's definitely worth checking out if that's your thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPOYODT-rP0

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Spotify is pure loving trash - stop using it.

Google Music's metal selection is prime and good.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Spotify is pure loving trash - stop using it.

Google Music's metal selection is prime and good.

This. Although Tribulation's album seems to have disappeared from it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I was pretty impressed by Tidal having a couple of Nunslaughter albums.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Splurged on some early Christmas presents for myself. :3:

Unfortunately I forgot I already had a copy of Somewhere in Time, but I'll probably just end up trading it with my friend for one of his old Overkill CDs.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 11, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
That pic reminds me, did anyone ever go see that fake version of COC that was the Blind lineup minus the dudes who are actually in COC?

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

A human heart posted:

The Demonaz Immortal will probably also make some real bad music, but at least they won't be selling mugs and shower curtains.

Oh no doubt. It'll all be awful, barring some miraculous fluke. Then it might just be merely bad.

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

I finally spent proper time with the new Cattle Decapitation. My first experience with it wasn't really great and the AOTY nods were baffling to me. Well, it hit me today. The rhythms are pure brutality and the vocals are weird as poo poo. I didn't embrace that weirdness on my first listen but now I'm all about it.

You were right the first time

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Opulent Ceremony posted:

I liked it but, yeah, half the stuff on any given AOTY list is just "Hm, this is weird. Better put it on the list so people think I'm eclectic and open-minded," so anything unusual sounding (like Cattle Decapitation's vocals) gets them some extra points.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Opulent Ceremony posted:

He's half right. CD's blandness aside, Travis Ryan is an amazing vocalist.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
14 years since Chuck died https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8vUbMmOwM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I went to see eyehategod last week and a some people got very upset when Mike IX talked trash (jokingly) about our lovely local bands that opened up for them. Also, some kid killed himself out in the parking lot.