Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Flagrant Abuse posted:

This show is always surprisingly good and charming considering the premise is nothing special. The actors (especially Rahul Kohli) really help sell it, I think.

It was the same with Veronica Mars, I remember thinking that the premise sounded super lame, and I didn't give it a try until Joss Whedon called it the best show on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

Thank you :allears:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

raditts posted:

So were we supposed to take from the zombie hooker bit that Blaine was running a zombie sex slavery ring on the side, or is there some other guy out there that they somehow don't know about?

It was Blaine. Blaine understands vice. Most of his rich clients weren't willing to become celibate, and don't want to turn their wives, mistresses, or girlfriends into zombies. Blaine to the rescue with high class zombie hookers. An elegant solution from his point of view.

Unfortunately zombie prostitutes aren't able to make a living their usual way, and her new 'clients' probably resent her and treat her poorly because she works for Blaine. It's possible Blaine just didn't think things through and didn't realize that he was removing 100% of her income and she would eventually run out of money and lose her house. He probably just didn't care though. In our society prostitutes are considered disposable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ that slow grin just kills me. I love Ravi.

I'm glad the producers/directors trust the audience enough to let subtlety like that Ravi smile stand on its own instead of adding lines or shooting it as the focus.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

zoux posted:

I'm glad the producers/directors trust the audience enough to let subtlety like that Ravi smile stand on its own instead of adding lines or shooting it as the focus.

Pretty sure the audience had that same smile when superhero brain kicked in.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Zombie Hooker's is almost certainly part of Blaine's organization, but I'm sure Blaine is pretty hands off with the whole operation. Him not paying her isn't some carelessness on his part, he's too busy running the funeral home and trying to find a cure and harrassing Liv.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, that Major and the Zombie Hooker plot was such a downer. A really lowkey and human way of looking at the cost of becoming a zombie.

And the cure being temporary was such a gutpunch. Major :ohdear:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Brother Entropy posted:

did babianeaux ending their partnership seem abrupt to anyone else? like, the reasoning was solid but the conversation seemed real short and going straight from that into 'oh, liv and major have to break up and oh, the cure they thought was good was only temporary' gave it no real time to dwell on
I think all that coming so fast was to give a better sense of Liv's whole world falling apart all at once.

Angela Christine posted:

Unfortunately zombie prostitutes aren't able to make a living their usual way, and her new 'clients' probably resent her and treat her poorly because she works for Blaine. It's possible Blaine just didn't think things through and didn't realize that he was removing 100% of her income and she would eventually run out of money and lose her house. He probably just didn't care though. In our society prostitutes are considered disposable.
I think Blaine considers everyone to be disposable.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, I have trouble believing that the guy who murders homeless kids without a second thought actually gives a poo poo about anyone or anything but himself and whatever can further his goals at that moment.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Was last week the end of the season? Or mid season or whatever.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Cactus posted:

Was last week the end of the season? Or mid season or whatever.

Yeah, returns Jan 12

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Kristen Bell will have a voice-over role in an upcoming episode : http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/29/izombie-kristen-bell-veronica-mars-reunion-cw

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Oasx posted:

Kristen Bell will have a voice-over role in an upcoming episode : http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/29/izombie-kristen-bell-veronica-mars-reunion-cw

That synopsis. :fap:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Binge watched the entire show in probably three days and it's now a permanent part of the lineup. It's kind of been falling apart a little this season but at least the silly has been endearing. Plus, Liv's actress is on the same level as the guy who played Michael Weston in Burn Notice as far as "actor of a thousand faces" goes.

I want more badass zombie Liv though. She's not a monster! Stop discriminating against Zombie-Americans!

jscolon2.0 posted:

That synopsis. :fap:

"50 Shades of Grey Matter."

This is gonna be a weird one.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Enrico Colantoni will have a recurring role later this season : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/izombie-books-veronica-mars-alum-852399

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oasx posted:

Enrico Colantoni will have a recurring role later this season : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/izombie-books-veronica-mars-alum-852399

YES.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Correction:

gently caress YES

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iajanus posted:

Correction:

gently caress YES

Keith Mars would not approve of such language.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oasx posted:

Best news

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Rhyno posted:

Keith Mars would not approve of such language.

Neither would Elias.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kristen Bell erotic voice over....

:hawaaaafap:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

Kristen Bell erotic voice over....

:hawaaaafap:

If this ends up with Liv getting creeped out by her internal narrator and yelling at her to shut up while everyone else just :stare:s, I will be so happy.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Neither would Elias.

No, I'm not going to edit your post. My friend is. I'm just going to watch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently CW programming decided that viewers don't care about the State of the Union addresses as this is back tonight.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently CW programming decided that viewers don't care about the State of the Union addresses as this is back tonight.

iZombie vs. oBama. The choice is clear.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Actually Obama is guest starring on iZombie.

It's going to be a walk-in, he'll come up to Liv eating and be like THAT LOOKS GOOD, CAN I TRY SOME? and we'll all get a good laugh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This seems like it should have aired last week.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So... they did a Christmas themed episode after the holiday break?

edit: oh

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 13, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming this doc is a trap to see if Major will blow the whistle.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wait, so what was the point of that dead Santa thing at the beginning? Did they ever follow up on that?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

All the sly jokes about iZombie and its cast in this episode were EPIC. I loved the Power Rangers bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Wait, so what was the point of that dead Santa thing at the beginning? Did they ever follow up on that?

I think it was just supposed to be a "time passes" thing. Showing that there was a case between them breaking up and getting back together so it doesn't look like it was just cliffhanger drama.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

raditts posted:

If they did I missed it. Weird dead end in an otherwise really fun episode.

Next week looks even better! Erotica writer brain promised to be funny

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

raditts posted:

Yes, they did. Another hobo had been seen with a roll of cash. Then Liv passes a note and the detective tells him they have a witness that saw him at a bar across the street. Which may have been a lie, but if Liv/Santa saw him leave that bar there will probably be witnesses that can place him there. The implication was that the crime was solved and it was the hobo that did it. Simple robbery gone bad.

I thought it was pretty clever actually. They basically made a mini episode to show that time was still passing and stuff kept happening.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Angela Christine posted:

Yes, they did. Another hobo had been seen with a roll of cash. Then Liv passes a note and the detective tells him they have a witness that saw him at a bar across the street. Which may have been a lie, but if Liv/Santa saw him leave that bar there will probably be witnesses that can place him there. The implication was that the crime was solved and it was the hobo that did it. Simple robbery gone bad.

I thought it was pretty clever actually. They basically made a mini episode to show that time was still passing and stuff kept happening.

I think the flash was genuine, it was kind of neat to see it happen from an outsider's viewpoint.

Also holy poo poo that entire episode. I was losing it during the final interrogation, and it just got worse when she took out the glasses, put them on, and then took them off again. :xd:

e: "And by that I mean seeeeeeex."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm assuming this doc is a trap to see if Major will blow the whistle.

I was hoping that the doctor was on the level and Major would get him killed trying to outplay the CEO.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I was hoping that the doctor was on the level and Major would get him killed trying to outplay the CEO.

Putting a bug in his Fitbit was some pro-tier Batman poo poo IMO, I'm down with it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Power rangers reference. Dig at shows with just pretty people *cough cough*. Calling zombies "Romeros."

My Tuesday nights are complete again.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Chokes McGee posted:

Putting a bug in his Fitbit was some pro-tier Batman poo poo IMO, I'm down with it.

It perfectly plays on his weakness, Mister Max Rager could never resist wearing a device that gives data on how great he is at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

There were some fantastic lines this episode. I love this show

• Locked thread