Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Alighieri posted:

WONDER NO MORE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRyKEy54vKQ

it looks like poo poo

also lol at the top speed, that thing would fall apart at 200

Everything about this car is hilariously, aggressively stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I donno dude that car looks pretty Sikh to me.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

:3:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I showed this to my wife and her first reaction was "they don't go that fast stock, do they?"

Her second was "why haven't you built one for our daughter yet?" :getin:

Fart Pipe posted:

This is loving awesome. I think Im in love.

Yep, I'll take one as well. Wonder how much of a pain that swap is because that seems like my best possible commuter car.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I showed this to my wife and her first reaction was "they don't go that fast stock, do they?"

Her second was "why haven't you built one for our daughter yet?" :getin:

I think I like your wife I've never met.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Peak AI: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221963675648?rmvSB=true

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

I thought you were being a bit hyperbolic even given how neat that thing is, then I read about the drivetrain. :stare:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

http://www.commutercars.com/specs.html

Learned about this weird electric car from my hometown today. The person that designed it wanted a car that could lane split and park in really small spaces. Probably never going to see large scale production.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

razorscooter posted:

Learned about this weird electric car from my hometown today. The person that designed it wanted a car that could lane split and park in really small spaces. Probably never going to see large scale production.

What a nice looking coffin.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

razorscooter posted:

I saw one of those (or a car very similar) on display at the Maker Faire a few years ago, sitting right next to the then-new Tesla Roadster. The Tesla was cheaper.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Came across quite a collection that someone's got of 190E 2.3-16s:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's like half of them in the state.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Guinness posted:

Came across quite a collection that someone's got of 190E 2.3-16s:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's like half of them in the state.

Where in WA is this?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Digital_Jesus posted:

Seems a little too radical for some peoples' tastes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

loving genius.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

This is fantastic.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

blk posted:

Where in WA is this?

It was out at Dirtfish Rally School in North Bend. There was a combo RallyCross and RallySprint event there today. Super great facility, looked like someone was storing these there.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
North Bend has a Popeye's that kicks the crap out of anywhere in the south so it's totalty worth a trip.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Digital_Jesus posted:

I think its a pile of shiite, although some people with a sunni disposition may disagree

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
It's pretty sheikh, if you ask me.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Guinness posted:

It was out at Dirtfish Rally School in North Bend. There was a combo RallyCross and RallySprint event there today. Super great facility, looked like someone was storing these there.

I'll be there in a week, shouting "what the gently caress" at whoever is listening for the state of those things, and likely stealing at least one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'd prefer a Baha'i bug myself.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Das Volk posted:

I'll be there in a week, shouting "what the gently caress" at whoever is listening for the state of those things, and likely stealing at least one.

Grab one for me, would round out the collection nicely. Who the gently caress stores cars in an open bars? I mean they aren't super valuable or anything but still that's bullshit.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I got to drive a Mclaren 570S yesterday after getting to drive the 650S earlier this year. My only complaints are that the rear parking camera is showing a feed at well below 24 frames a second and that the optional sports seats are extremely tight. Other than that, it's absolutely amazing. Incredible visibility, comfortable ride and extremely easy to drive. And unlike its big brother, it's not oh-my-god-I'm-gonna-die fast. Don't get me wrong, the 570 is a very fast car. But it doesn't feel like it wants to annihilate distance the way the 650 does. It's calmer, less serious and nowhere near as intimidating. There's no chance in hell of ever scratching the surface of its capabilities on a regular road, but because it's not as hardcore that's all right.

Also, the best part by far is when the turbos kick in. At around 5k RPM there's this terrific whoosh and kick in the butt. There's no way not to smile and laugh every time that happens. I think it's a superior road car to the 650. And at around $180k it's going to be a very attractive option for people who want exotic looks and sounds in something that's incredibly easy to use and honestly could be daily driven. It's astonishingly good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

He talks about Americans not getting it and doesn't get it himself either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL_T4Lr0uu8

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

AlmightyPants posted:

I got to drive a Mclaren 570S yesterday after getting to drive the 650S earlier this year. My only complaints are that the rear parking camera is showing a feed at well below 24 frames a second and that the optional sports seats are extremely tight. Other than that, it's absolutely amazing. Incredible visibility, comfortable ride and extremely easy to drive. And unlike its big brother, it's not oh-my-god-I'm-gonna-die fast. Don't get me wrong, the 570 is a very fast car. But it doesn't feel like it wants to annihilate distance the way the 650 does. It's calmer, less serious and nowhere near as intimidating. There's no chance in hell of ever scratching the surface of its capabilities on a regular road, but because it's not as hardcore that's all right.

Also, the best part by far is when the turbos kick in. At around 5k RPM there's this terrific whoosh and kick in the butt. There's no way not to smile and laugh every time that happens. I think it's a superior road car to the 650. And at around $180k it's going to be a very attractive option for people who want exotic looks and sounds in something that's incredibly easy to use and honestly could be daily driven. It's astonishingly good.

Extremely jealous! I should get to spend some time with one in spring, but not sure when the press cars arrive and where we fall on the list. I still prefer the looks of the 650S though. If you ever get a chance to visit MTC you absolutely must, it's mind boggling.

The 650S is still head-and-shoulders my favorite car I've driven this year. I had a very healthy respect for it, like the Z06—something about more than 600hp and RWD that says "don't gently caress with me, child," that the same amount of power and AWD just doesn't do.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So I saw this picture on the Internet:

Then I made this one:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Then I made this one:

Ha! I know your pain my friend.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Fuuuuuck. They're so expensive, but god drat are they pretty.

Some guys on rennlist have made them for older 911s out of chopped up bike throttle bodies but it's still a hell of a lot of work and a few grand. Neat as hell, but the benefits for the money just aren't there outside of the cool factor.

And I mean... it is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKrmcbSnqbg

Dave Inc. fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 15, 2015

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

drgitlin posted:

Extremely jealous! I should get to spend some time with one in spring, but not sure when the press cars arrive and where we fall on the list. I still prefer the looks of the 650S though. If you ever get a chance to visit MTC you absolutely must, it's mind boggling.

The 650S is still head-and-shoulders my favorite car I've driven this year. I had a very healthy respect for it, like the Z06—something about more than 600hp and RWD that says "don't gently caress with me, child," that the same amount of power and AWD just doesn't do.

If it matters, the one we got to drive was bright green. In terms of just how astonishingly good a car can be, the 650 is more impressive. The driver who went along with me on that one said that as crazy as the 650 is, the P1 blows it away, but I doubt I'll ever get to do more than see a few of those. What really impressed me about the 570 is that it has almost all the performance that anyone could ever possibly want but it's somehow even more accessible and friendly. Anyone can stick a powerful engine in a lightweight car, but the 570 feels really well put together, safe and usable. And it's starting at a considerable discount to the 650, while realistically being as fast and probably more fun on the street. And in my eyes it's a better looker too.

In my mind, if Mclaren could somehow make an even cheaper model, that would be something worth realistically aspiring to. It's lovely having all that power and fury over your shoulder, but I will say again that everything else about the cars are so well engineered that if they made a car with a small engine and an accessible price they'd make a killing. And with the starting price of the 570 where it is, I think they might steal a lot of sales from Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. The 570 looks exotic, it sounds exotic, it feels exotic and it costs substantially less than the other exotics.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

AlmightyPants posted:

I will say again that everything else about the cars are so well engineered that if they made a car with a small engine and an accessible price they'd make a killing.

Sounds like what you want is a Lotus. :v:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
From a friend doing work in Antarctica: aeronautical and automotive Insanity.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Then I made this one:

lol

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Boomerjinks posted:

I need to know more about that Ford.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wanna know more about that badass c-130.

:black101:

(not the same plane but obviously outfitted the same)

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
https://www.flickr.com/photos/56323263@N05/5255716039/

That guy actually has a ton of crazy Antarctica photos.

Also:
http://www.antarcticfire.org/operations.html

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Boomerjinks posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw that tail number broke in Pago Pago when I was going to New Zealand back in October.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Saw this Mustang today. Dunno much about it. Looks nice though.

Looks like PhrozenPhils mustang - color and all that, but I've got some problems with seeing green properly.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Whatever happened to him (I don't read the mustang thread, maybe he's still around) and his car? I remember the divorce and stuff but not sure if it was ever finished. :(

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Larrymer posted:

Whatever happened to him (I don't read the mustang thread, maybe he's still around) and his car? I remember the divorce and stuff but not sure if it was ever finished. :(

He only just started posting on the last page or so. Life happened, he's doing well, car's still unfinished in storage but all is not lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Then I made this one:

amazing