Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

She's been getting a lot of work as an extra in TWD. So far they have all been no moaning parts but one of these days she's gonna get her break.

That turkish rug shop interview mentions she's just filmed a new pilot that might get picked up, she mentioned how all her acting work is done on weekends, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Do I have to change of those settings if I have a Core i7 6700K? That is not a humble brag but actually a deceleration of how stupid I am.

No, the settings are from reddit and I assume are just general Cryengine stuff, nothing specific to Star Citizen or any one hardware setup.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

Sandi totally has what it takes to be a successful C list actress. Someone somewhere has to be doing an indie version of He Man and are in need of a skeletor who doesn't need a lot of touching up

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AP posted:

That turkish rug shop interview mentions she's just filmed a new pilot that might get picked up, she mentioned how all her acting work is done on weekends, obviously.

Just like SC's actual coding work.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I was wondering about this before:
Thanks for answering my question CIG mod team.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6066010/#Comment_6066010

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Seria

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6066090/#Comment_6066090

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

One of Sandi's first acting jobs

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Also there is a really fun thing when the actual UI buttons don't work half the time. Like you have to click a million times and hope you manage to click while the button is actually active. Also, the game preempts you when you try to quit. Every single time I try to quit out, the game crashes to desktop before the game closes :v:

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I see they opted not to use any make-up or special effects for Sandi in that scene.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

:lesnick: is the same guy he was on that lovely wing commander website, though instead of buying random other space games, smashing the box/discs up, taking photos and raging how they weren't as good as Wing Commander. Now he's got to deal with a community hundreds of thousands strong that pisses him off daily by disrespecting his idol.
Doesn't he have an irrational hatred of the Freespace series?

Eonwe posted:

Wesha is a broken person who can only measure his own worth in the amount of fake spaceships he owns
Wesha has sycophants :barf:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/Wesha

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5icYQruQ9I

Mirificus posted:

I forget exactly what it was, something stupid like that.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I think it's a pretty bad sign that the advertised updates for Alpha 2.1 are mostly minor features that could probably be slipped into patch updates without getting much attention (besides the whale jerk-off chamber). Let's say they have a new iteration once per month, they'd need to have at least eight star systems per iteration to reach their goal of 100 star systems by 2017. They'd need to release something like five ships per iteration to reach the promised amount of ships.

The go-to excuse has always been that once they have the foundation in place, it will be really easy for them to build the additional locations and features. Alpha 2.0 is meant to be that foundation, so the question becomes, how quick are we talking? The clip at which they would need to push these things out the door at this point doesn't make basing an upgrade around minor FPS updates all that reassuring.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 13, 2015

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Mirificus posted:

Wesha has sycophants :barf:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/Wesha

Jesus Christ. A mind poisoned by lust for money. Nothing matters but dosh. No person is measured except by how much they own.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think it's a pretty bad sign that the advertised updates for Alpha 2.1 are mostly minor features that could probably be slipped into patch updates without getting much attention (besides the whale jerk-off chamber). Let's say they have a new iteration once per month, they'd need to have at least eight star systems per iteration to reach their goal of 100 star systems by 2017. They'd need to release something like five ships per iteration to reach the promised amount of ships.

The go-to excuse has always been that once they have the foundation in place, it will be really easy for them to build the additional locations and features. Alpha 2.0 is meant to be that foundation, so the question becomes, how quick are we talking? The clip at which they would need to push these things out the door at this point doesn't make basing an upgrade around minor FPS updates all that reassuring.

It's loving impossible. There is so much wrong with 2.0 as it is, let alone trying to build the rest of the universe on top of implementing all the planned features.

Cryeengine. It's all Cryeengine. Apparently they can't change how the "USE" functionality works because it's so deep in the engine code. I guarantee you any sort of stupid game gimmick feature in the future is just going to be pressing USE at a console to bring up a 2d UI widget because that's all that you can really do. They should have taken the bitter pill and switched to UE4 while they had the chance, but now it's too late and they're left with this big broken mess.

Speaking of that, if you try to interact with doors and whatnot inside moving ships, there is significant lag in what you are looking at vs what your in-game entity is actually able to interact with. You can try to open a door but instead climb into a bed. Try to use the turret but instead get into a command chair. It's frustrating enough just flying around casually but in a pinch it will be gamebreaking.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 13, 2015

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

why are they so fat

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At first I just thought he got a few hours probation. Dick move for sure, but still only a few hours.

Up until now I just thought that this was a fun thing to watch it burn, a developer who bit more than he can chew trying damage control on his failed creation. These last few pages however have convinced me that CIG and everyone involved is completely insane. Like Trump, if he was both a developer and the leader of scientology.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

This is a special kind of disgusting as croberts had his full funding at 66 million and they dare blame DS for creating a rush of people asking for their money back? I am sure they refunded 40 million thus far and are desperate for every cent.

Sorry you lost your job I'll raise a glass of $5 pixels for you in my whale tank.

Perfect chance to do the right thing and they failed.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think it's a pretty bad sign that the advertised updates for Alpha 2.1 are mostly minor features that could probably be slipped into patch updates without getting much attention (besides the whale jerk-off chamber).

At least one of the bullet points for 2.1 is "FPS P4ARP polish". Polishing your PAAARRPP until it gleams is always a good idea and I approve.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Grats on 100 million guys !!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

Grats on 100 million guys !!!

:toot:

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
Anyone else having fun in 2.0? I've gone back and forth on this game for years but I'm actually having a blast.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember when Beer got Kimsemused really hard from the RSI forums

rip :(

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eonwe posted:

Wesha is a broken person who can only measure his own worth in the amount of fake spaceships he owns
Can't quote well on tab ATM but here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3v02o0/im_also_now_officially_done_with_the_sale_ended/cxji6k4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fain80 posted:

Anyone else having fun in 2.0? I've gone back and forth on this game for years but I'm actually having a blast.

same

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
IRC isn't working atm and it's probably compromised anyways so here's an update:

Everyone's balaclavas are in the mail and you should all be receiving them shortly.

I wasn't able to lock down a deal with the place in North Hollywood, but there's a Korean BBQ place in K Town with a ton of extra raw meat they are trying to unload. Got a good deal, so that is all ready.

Shai-Hulud is a go.

Bless the Lowtax and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his goons.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I tuned into their twitch and they have been talking about food for the last few minutes instead of watching the movies.

blueberry cereal milk shake!

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Wuxi posted:

At first I just thought he got a few hours probation. Dick move for sure, but still only a few hours.

Up until now I just thought that this was a fun thing to watch it burn, a developer who bit more than he can chew trying damage control on his failed creation. These last few pages however have convinced me that CIG and everyone involved is completely insane. Like Trump, if he was both a developer and the leader of scientology.

Yes, this exactly.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Not purchasing thousands of dollars in aircraft furniture.

Its the The Lindbergh Bomber Collection

http://www.wayfair.com/Lazzaro-Leathers-Lindbergh-Bomber-Collection-X291388.html

Coffee table ~$810
Desk ~$2590

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

It's become increasingly clear to me that CIG has nobody with any actual technical understanding on this project. The state of this Alpha is atrocious and it boggles the mind that anyone could let it out the door in such bad shape.

Technical faults:

* Loading times are absurd.

* The training cannot even be played and is horrifically CPU bound. The entire system grinds to a 5 second halt every 3 seconds. Checking the CPU utilisation shows that Star Citizen is taking 82% of the CPU and the CIGPatcher is occupying almost all of the remainder at 17%

Why is the patching module chewing up CPU time when it's not doing anything?

Why is the main app occupying 82% of CPU time, even when it's not in a rendering loop?

You clearly have a pointless cpu busy loop going on which has the cpu spinning its wheels instead of using the appropriate signalling/semaphore semantics to manage contention.

Your frame rate in the universe is absurdly low. (As mentioned previously the frame rate in the training module is non-existent). I'm running a quad-core cpu, 980TI with 16G of RAM and your frame rate is still dire.

It chugs and frame rate dips all over the place.

Design flaws:

The movement is simply awful and from a first person view is exceedingly unpleasant. The jumping is "indy-level" bad and is essentially pointless as your world doesn't allow it to be used for traversal.

The motion-blur on turn is a poor choice. This just accentuates the lovely frame rate.

Your user interface in the world is generally poor. There's a lack of clear discrimination around which object the "use" appellation applies to and the general interface is not intuitive, it's inconsistent and it's generally poorly designed. For God's sake get a decent UI designer on-board.

Basic lack of QA:

* Elevator's approached from the top open, but don't let the player enter. (Collision bounds not updated)

This project reeks of technical incompetence. The idea that this level of ineptitude is going to produce the seamless experience being claimed is a ludicrous falsehood. Clearly, nobody has ever written a game engine before as you barely seem capable of keeping the Win32 message loop going.

And Chris, how on earth could you let this turkey go out the door? I've left Star Citizen alone for quite some time because I wasn't happy with the lack of progress, the decision to use CryEngine for a space combat game was inept and the double-precision fiasco was simply incompetent. I was hoping time might start to resolve these issues, however this demo is worse than ever.

Let me be clear, Derek Smart has never produced a decent game in his life, but your published response - in light of this demo - is simply not credible. You are clearly not as far along as you should be and the implementation on the primary client platform is scarily inept. Seriously, you think the people who put together this awful demo are going to be the people who will solve the serious technical challenges of real-time streamed asset management and frame-of-reference transition?

I realise my individual disappointment is irrelevant to you, but at some point, you're going to collectively have to pay the piper. Stop pouring effort into graphic-based ship-selling packages and hire yourself some decent programmers, because you are - not to put too fine a point on it - currently in deep poo poo. The 2.0 Alpha demonstrates that more than Derek Smart's idiocy or The Escapist Magazine's speculations ever could.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...es-exactly-that

Quick, without looking, what sort of response do you think this is getting?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dirty Hairy posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6071840/#Comment_6071840

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

1500 posted:

Its the The Lindbergh Bomber Collection

http://www.wayfair.com/Lazzaro-Leathers-Lindbergh-Bomber-Collection-X291388.html

Coffee table ~$810
Desk ~$2590

Lindbergh's propeller is spinning in its graveyard.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Wow-- that one delivered.

The narcissism on display just boggles the mind. She considers herself the equivalent of 10 trained employees? Unbelievable.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Kurt M is not, in any way, a huge loving tool.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Kurt M is not, in any way, a huge loving tool.
I love how he deleted his Reddit account because r/starcitizen wasn't enough of a hug-box.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

They have 100m all is well

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Dirty Hairy posted:

Oh come on, there is no subtly or tact there.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:eyepop:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Got a code 9 error? It might be because you have an older HDD

serious norman