Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

hyperhazard posted:

and it's not even a tumblr post.

This is the biggest reason I'm smdh. Does poo poo Tumblr Say have to reach so hard for content that it takes vaguely related political cartoons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This is art

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

yikes

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is the biggest reason I'm smdh. Does poo poo Tumblr Say have to reach so hard for content that it takes vaguely related political cartoons?

Yeah, it's entire raison d'être seems to be to obsessively track down anything even remotely progressive and append a meaningless "top kek, triggered much?" type of reply.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Blind Pineapple posted:

Every person in this country with 4.5% of the world's population is in the top 1%

While Trump isn't my favorite - simply because he's all bark and no bite (thus far) - the fact that what he's saying is putting the left on major league attack is definitely amusing.

The WH says he's not fit to be President because his comments about the cult of death is unconstitutional. Um, gun restrictions are unconstitutional, forcing us to buy a product or face fines is unconstitutional, aiding and abetting the enemy is unconstitutional. Need I go on? Pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

A good friend of mine who has mostly liberal ideologies, not all, there are some critical thinking skills there, after echoing my distrust of the cult of death and agreeing that their religion is a disease and needs handled, says Trump doesn't speak for her. (After she posted a picture of 15 golf balls she collected on the beach outside of one of Trumps golf courses, claiming they're ruining the environment. @@)

Oh, really? Because he just says what everyone is thinking? Oh, wait, everyone capable of independent, logical thought, that is. Gotcha. Now it makes more sense.

Then a friend of hers jumped in to the conversation and says that the biggest threat to our country is hate, bigotry, stereotyping and prejudice. Wait, we didn't stereotype the two who killed 14 people just two weeks ago - anyone remember that? Had the neighbor reported what she had seen, 14 people may be alive today, but, she didn't want to be labeled as a bigot.

And there we are. Labels. When did that become so taboo that people will fail to report something serious for fear of being labelled? Oh, right, when the left made it that way. Know what I say? Label away. I couldn't care less what you call me. Not one little tiny poo poo less. If it saves just one American life, I'll profile your rear end right now.

That said, Trump is a loud mouth. But he says what everyone is thinking, he's a brilliant businessman and has the numbers to prove it. If he can back up all of that rhetoric, then hell yeah, I'll vote for him. But, I'm going to need to see more than the circle talking he's been giving us. If he has a PLAN, we need to see it.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
It came from Twitter:

Very tempted to simply respond with this:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Very tempted to simply respond with this:

I know people who unironically believe the world should be like Judge Dredd.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It should but the Stallone version

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Elderbean posted:

I know people who unironically believe the world should be like Judge Dredd.

I know people who unironically side with the theocratic president in "Escape From L.A." Deportation or immediate executions for all atheists, drug users, and sexually active single women! :patriot:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
^^^ the smash community is a really strange one (compared to the rest of the FGC) and I'm glad some nerd got banned.

cash crab posted:

The opposite of the preeminent tumblr stereotype is doughy nerds who obsessively collect (often fake or unrelated posts) and go on and on about how not offended. Yet they always seem... so... offended about everything. Makes u think

Je suis fatigue has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Dec 13, 2015

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

BannedSmash posted:

He said it was because I was frequently toxic and angry.

BannedSmash posted:

I'm so loving irate.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Delicious.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Can someone tell me why people get this mad about video games? I'm 29 and I feel like there's a generation gap or something because I've never been a part of a gaming "scene," I just played video games sometimes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If you make games a defining aspect of your life you can get pretty emotional about it.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

oldpainless posted:

If you make games a defining aspect of your life you can get pretty emotional about it.

The Smash scene in particular can get really bad about this. Pretty sure Mew2King has been brought up in previous iterations of the idiots on social media thread, and/or the awkward and ugly thread.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Yes. I speak from experience.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Hehe

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yoink

Stardunk
Jan 19, 2009

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

zakharov posted:

Can someone tell me why people get this mad about video games? I'm 29 and I feel like there's a generation gap or something because I've never been a part of a gaming "scene," I just played video games sometimes

SJWS ARE RUINING OUR VIDYAGAMES BECAUSE THEY BANNED BOOBS WHY ARE GIRLS PLAYING THIS THINGS I LIKE

That's about it. 99% of people playing vidyagames don't give a poo poo, but some communities are very toxic and it gets even worse with some GG influence (god I hope I don't summon the fairy).

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Dec 13, 2015

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fishstick posted:

SJWS ARE RUINING OUR VIDYAGAMES BECAUSE THEY BANNED BOOBS WHY ARE GIRLS PLAYING THIS THINGS I LIKE

That's about it. 99% of people playing vidyagames don't give a poo poo, but some communities are very toxic and it gets even worse with some GG influence (god I hope I don't summon the fairy).

While 3 of the best games of the year have lots and lots of tits in them (Phantom Pain and Witcher 3). Though tits in Witcher are done in consensual sex scenes, while Quiet just wants to shake her titties at you for Japanese gaming reasons.

Every tournament I've been they are really strict on the way people can act. They will tolerate people getting angry up to a point but yelling and screaming and swearing are not permitted. Sorry that somehow oppresses you but everyone has a right to not hear that kind of poo poo when they're trying to have fun. Though they have all been Magic, Warhammer, board game etc so there's probably a level of maturity at work that goes beyond Smash bros players. Actually the con I'm part of refuses to do SMB tournies because their playerbase is so god drat toxic.

Christo posted:

Encountered this on my facebook feed this morning.
The

Thanks man, I never would have gotten it without those helpful annotations!

I honestly though this was a joke the first time I saw it.

Imgur hosed up the order but you can get the jist of this
http://imgur.com/D6lUXE6&aLRKnJK&EmZYbBS&atTWI3w&Pe0BOn2&hzxc27j&SBbCfXF&J92UGqb&pBxLb6V

Friend of mine does modeling, sometimes nude, sometimes not. She posted some recent pictures on facebook, and this guy message her demanding nudes, because if she does nude modeling, that means he's entitled to seeing them right? And when he said no, this was how he responded.

The "you think you're better than everyone else" is such a vapid comment. What the gently caress does it mean anyways? "Yes I think i'm better than knuckle dragging pervs who demand to see my tits" seems like a reasonable stance to take. Basically every woman I know gets this kind of poo poo constantly.

I hate to find out how many people would like this image on imgur, but i had to share it as well
http://imgur.com/b5NW0Jt
It came from someone in my CT FB group shared by a friend of theirs who's a big Trump fan unironically. When people said "hey fucker, stop it with the nazi poo poo" he claimed he wasn't a nazi or an anti-smite, just spreading the truth. When someone says "i like Trump because he talks straight and doesn't bullshit" they mean "I like Trump because he says racist poo poo that I agree with"

Honestly, I thought these were a joke

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

At game tournaments I show my displeasure by quietly going to the lavatory and clogging up all the toilets

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It's also how I celebrate

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

oldpainless posted:

At game tournaments I show my displeasure by quietly going to the lavatory and clogging up all the toilets

Agreed. That's how you show your dominance

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm really digging this insane overreaction.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm pretty sure I'd still be worried about that person making GBS threads in my slippers even though they're not a dog.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Literally. "Back in my day we died!"

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Literally. "Back in my day we died!"

We still do that, grandpa.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

EXAKT Science posted:

We still do that, grandpa.

why do u think forums poster orange fluffy sheep is a grandpa and not a grandma? check you are privilege

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

zakharov posted:

I'm around your age and have played games pretty obsessively all my time and still have yet to get this sandy about any game, ever.

hosed up if true

also, i wonder if people who unironically believe stuff like this know that war doesn't leave its participants unscathed

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

cash crab posted:

I'm around your age and have played games pretty obsessively all my time and still have yet to get this sandy about any game, ever.

hosed up if true

also, i wonder if people who unironically believe stuff like this know that war doesn't leave its participants unscathed

ENITLED loving MILLENIALS, NOT HAVING TO WATCH YOUR FRIENDS AND COWORKERS BE SLAUGHTERED IN FRONT OF YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

twistedmentat posted:

I hate to find out how many people would like this image on imgur, but i had to share it as well
http://imgur.com/b5NW0Jt
It came from someone in my CT FB group shared by a friend of theirs who's a big Trump fan unironically. When people said "hey fucker, stop it with the nazi poo poo" he claimed he wasn't a nazi or an anti-smite, just spreading the truth. When someone says "i like Trump because he talks straight and doesn't bullshit" they mean "I like Trump because he says racist poo poo that I agree with"

Honestly, I thought these were a joke

Communism, feminism, multiculturalism, open borders? Yeah, I can get behind this. An ideology of peace and equality.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
It's a good thing there were no more wars after WW2 and no 18 years olds ever had to do war stuff again

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

swampland posted:

It's a good thing there were no more wars after WW2 and no 18 years olds ever had to do war stuff again

Truly a miracle we can thank the Greatest Generation for :patriot:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If other countries would just do things correctly america would stop getting in wars hth

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

twistedmentat posted:

While 3 of the best games of the year have lots and lots of tits in them (Phantom Pain and Witcher 3). Though tits in Witcher are done in consensual sex scenes, while Quiet just wants to shake her titties at you for Japanese gaming reasons.

No, Quiet has <reasons> she needs that much skin. Replace the Quiet model with a male model and some of these scenes turn hilarious. Bonus if you haven't seen the originals:

"Helicopter": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0IJhMFLDg
"Rain scene": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fishstick posted:

No, Quiet has <reasons> she needs that much skin. Replace the Quiet model with a male model and some of these scenes turn hilarious. Bonus if you haven't seen the originals:

"Helicopter": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0IJhMFLDg
"Rain scene": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

Yea, that poo poo is hilarious and makes the point "if you substitute a man for the woman, does it look silly or does it not?" when you talk about women in games. The thing that drives me nuts about PP is that its so completely unesscary. I think that if they had just had quiet in the outfit, it would be "okay hot half naked sniper, I can deal with that. This game had a dog with an eyepatch, so whatever" but then you add those scenes and even just "what the gently caress? Japan stop it!".

Also, those turn PP into a tender love story between Snake and Ocelot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's worth pointing out that Kojima is equal opportunity when it comes to ridiculous oversexualization

twistedmentat posted:

Also, those turn PP into a tender love story between Snake and Ocelot.

I'm pretty sure that's already canon