Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

xcheopis posted:

Once again, catching up on Wander Over Yonder and it just keeps getting better! I'm not sure about the Dominator/Hater relationship thing, though. I dislike romantic crap being shoved every which way into otherwise great shows (just such a thing irreparably hosed up Regular Show for me), so I am wary on that. Otherwise, fantastic job so far!
I kind of like Dominator being so pragmatic that she basically turns up the vamp just for Hater, what with her preferring magma cannons and the like most other times (although the fact that Hater basically matches her when he gets really angry probably helps).

I think one of my favorite things from "The Battle Royal" would have to be Hater having an attack in which he drop-kicks a ball of energy. For some reason I find that hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

X_Toad posted:

I kind of like Dominator being so pragmatic that she basically turns up the vamp just for Hater, what with her preferring magma cannons and the like most other times (although the fact that Hater basically matches her when he gets really angry probably helps).

I think one of my favorite things from "The Battle Royal" would have to be Hater having an attack in which he drop-kicks a ball of energy. For some reason I find that hilarious.

Oh, I meant the way Wander is pushing the romance, not the way it's being handled by Dominator. Her reactions to Hater have been hilarious and Hater being caught between ego (#1 Superstar!) and love (pretty. smells nice.) is also hilarious. Although I did think The Matchmaker was pretty funny.

Black Cube of Darkness trying to pick up the Ring of Ultimate Power was also great.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Is Super Noobs made by the Johnny Test people or is someone actually copying that style for god knows what reason?

Also Super Noobs, unsurprisingly, looks absurdly awful.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

Is Super Noobs made by the Johnny Test people or is someone actually copying that style for god knows what reason?

Also Super Noobs, unsurprisingly, looks absurdly awful.

It's created by Scott Fellows.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's created by Scott Fellows.

*whipcrack* didn't see that coming *guitar riff*

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

With Phineas and Ferb over, Gravity Falls about to be over, and Wander Over Yonder's fate being unknown after this season (unless something has come out), will Disney XD's animated fare almost completely consist of Star Wars and Marvel shows from here on out? If that's the case, that would be kinda disappointing.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I just got caught up on Gumball. The Apprentice and The Hug were incredible.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
At least in the U.S., I don't think either of those episodes have actually aired.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Y-Hat posted:

With Phineas and Ferb over, Gravity Falls about to be over, and Wander Over Yonder's fate being unknown after this season (unless something has come out), will Disney XD's animated fare almost completely consist of Star Wars and Marvel shows from here on out? If that's the case, that would be kinda disappointing.

Star will be back in March. Other than that... There's going to be a new series by the P&F guys, but I don't know when that will be out. And the new DuckTales in 2017.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

From a few pages ago, but if we're going to have a revival of a show by Genndy Tartakovsky, it should be Symbiotic Titan. I was never a huge fan of the guy's work and his directing style, but ST was legit good (ironically cause it had very few actual Tartakovsky-isms).

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 13, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The Toonami guys figured this out when they were trying to acquire the show and shared it a while ago but Symbionic Titan has the absolute dumbest fate for a TV show. The rights got sold to the US government as part of a tax loophole, so it's not even allowed to be shown on TV.

Someone at Cartoon Network must reaaaaally hate giant robots.

mycot fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 13, 2015

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

mycot posted:

The Toonami guys figured this out when they were trying to acquire the show and shared it a while ago but Symbionic Titan has the absolute dumbest fate for a TV show. The rights got sold to the US government as part of a tax loophole, so it's not even allowed to be shown on TV.

Is there a cite for this? Because the story there sounds magical.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Jsor posted:

Is there a cite for this? Because the story there sounds magical.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/98164760488/good-newsbad-news-batman-fans

It's kind of a miracle in itself that Samurai Jack didn't get sold to a cheese company over 11 years.

mycot fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 13, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mr Interweb posted:

From a few pages ago, but if we're going to have a revival of a show by Genndy Tartakovsky, it should be Symbiotic Titan. I was never a huge fan of the guy's work, not his directing style, but ST was legit good (ironically cause it had very few actual Tartakovsky-isms).

The Genndy Clone Wars miniseries was better than the actual movies deserved.

Also, Samurai Jack deserved to be revived like a thousand times more than Titan. If one had to be picked they definitely made three right choice there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

mycot posted:

It's kind of a miracle in itself that Samurai Jack didn't get sold to a cheese company over 11 years.

It also screwed up Toonami's schedule which in turn (with a weak holiday movie haitus me do) lead to the bisection of the block so yeah. Hurray for that crap.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

raditts posted:

The Genndy Clone Wars miniseries was better than the actual movies deserved.
Jedi Power Creep was cray cray, but the cinematic style of the shorts definitely made the thing work.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Juxtapositioning the Clone Wars series with the Prequel Trilogy really brings out the strengths of Genndy's style. He can tell a simple story in 4 minutes and six lines of dialogue when others faff around for 2 hours.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I don't understand what are the "Bad Tartakovsky-isms" that titan doesn't have.
The popular opinion favors clone wars and jack over titan, and those are both mostly action and that's gendy's strong suite.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Acne Rain posted:

I don't understand what are the "Bad Tartakovsky-isms" that titan doesn't have.
The popular opinion favors clone wars and jack over titan, and those are both mostly action and that's gendy's strong suite.

Titan is pretty different in storytelling compared to his other stuff, much more conventional (more dialogue, more characterization, a more explicit main plot). It's easy to see why someone that disliked his other shows would like it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ST was still cool but I was a kid when Clone Wars and SJ were released. So either way they're gonna edge it out for me

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

frank.club posted:

ST was still cool but I was a kid when Clone Wars and SJ were released. So either way they're gonna edge it out for me

That's why you won't see Symbionic Titan for another decade, because the people with money want to relive their childhood with Samurai Jack .

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Helbeast posted:

Closer to release I'm going to make a thread for it, it's a good show, better than even Adventure time.

Also I clicked the link in your AV, I don't know what any of that means.

E: EMH is like the 4th best superhero show ever made after like XMEN, BTAS, and JL/JLU.
Sounds like someone hasn't seen Spectacular Spider-Man, or just really likes the X-Men.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

computer parts posted:

That's why you won't see Symbionic Titan for another decade, because the people with money want to relive their childhood with Samurai Jack .

Samurai Jack is badass

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mycot posted:

I still don't understand what's the point of something like that, that kind of tax write off just seems like more trouble than it's worth(like does the series in question just disappear into a legal limbo forever or can someone else buy the rights up later?), and you'd think CN would know better than to do that kind of thing considering how much of a stink doing that to Megas caused(it's really weird too, CN's only done this three times, and with two of them being robot series it kinda raises up a special sort of stink)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'd rather have more Symbiotic Titan than Samurai Jack since all of the main voice actors of Symbiotic Titan are still alive. At least it can't be more disappointing than IGPX.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The real question is what would the US government want with the rights to a show that no longer airs and never produced any DVDs or other merchandise? Do they want to build the giant robots?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

mycot posted:

What the gently caress? What is the purpose of doing such a thing? I mean, okay from CN's perspective they get paid, but why would the U.S. govt buy such a thing? The only thing I could think of is if they were dying to put ST on PBS, but aside from that...?

mycot posted:

Titan is pretty different in storytelling compared to his other stuff, much more conventional (more dialogue, more characterization, a more explicit main plot). It's easy to see why someone that disliked his other shows would like it.

Yup, pretty much.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the lack of love for dexter's lab in this conversation right now is hosed Up

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
friend Dexter's lab is a given that everyone likes it.
Ignore the 03 one or whatever that was about

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mycot posted:

It also has the best adaption of Enders Game with Lance's flashback episodes

Also those episodes owned because they got away with showing a human getting killed via stabbed in the hear from a sword fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best thing someone got away with on CN was in that robot show the Super Jail guy did. That entire episode where all the special class robots get shot into the sun was amazing.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

frank.club posted:

The best thing someone got away with on CN was in that robot show the Super Jail guy did. That entire episode where all the special class robots get shot into the sun was amazing.

Robotomy. Man that was super short lived.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycot posted:

Robotomy. Man that was super short lived.

Hahah yeah I just found that episode online. It's amazing it even got aired

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

frank.club posted:

friend Dexter's lab is a given that everyone likes it.
Ignore the 03 one or whatever that was about

Everything after Ego Trip should be considered its own show, and should be locked away and forgotten.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

From a few pages ago, but if we're going to have a revival of a show by Genndy Tartakovsky, it should be Symbiotic Titan. I was never a huge fan of the guy's work and his directing style, but ST was legit good (ironically cause it had very few actual Tartakovsky-isms).

Really? I feel like ST's attempts at humor didn't mesh at all with the more serious stuff and robot fights. Like, I get the feel that Tartakovsky was going for, but it just didn't work (for me at least). Which is a shame because I will agree that the actual plot and robot fights and stuff was pretty good.

So I guess what I'm saying reading back over my post is that Symbionic Titan really could've benefited from being split into "serious" and "comedy" episodes the same way someone complained about earlier with Samurai Jack.

computer parts posted:

Bahaha you think the people who grew up with Samurai Jack have money ohgodimsopoor

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mr Interweb posted:

What the gently caress? What is the purpose of doing such a thing? I mean, okay from CN's perspective they get paid, but why would the U.S. govt buy such a thing? The only thing I could think of is if they were dying to put ST on PBS, but aside from that...?

We should get Obama to fund a new season of ST entirely voiced by U.S. Agent the Real Mr. Rogers and animated by U.S. Agent the Real Bob Ross

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

Star will be back in March. Other than that... There's going to be a new series by the P&F guys, but I don't know when that will be out. And the new DuckTales in 2017.
I thought Povenmire and Marsh were shopping that new series to multiple channels and not just Disney. I'll probably watch it. P&F was good, and I liked the Rocko's Modern Life episodes that they did. They were also involved in "Marge vs. The Monorail" in some capacity.

frank.club posted:

Hahah yeah I just found that episode online. It's amazing it even got aired
What do you expect from the guy who made Superjail?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

raditts posted:

Everything after Ego Trip should be considered its own show, and should be locked away and forgotten.

There actually were a couple of good post-Ego Trip episodes, but yeah it is mostly dire

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Was after Ego Trip where the animation style changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Jsor posted:

Was after Ego Trip where the animation style changed?

Yes