Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah, but the fact that those guys are in the food business isn't really that important. The fact that they made Zombieman and their :speculate: about Saitama are important, but not particularly related to the stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The 2ch scene had a post from Armoured Gorilla saying he had opened a takoyaki store too, so it's just something they've kept in mind all around.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Yeah, but the fact that those guys are in the food business isn't really that important. The fact that they made Zombieman and their :speculate: about Saitama are important, but not particularly related to the stand.

but it messes with the zombieman joke. who cares about the plot points

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

but it messes with the zombieman joke. who cares about the plot points

how does it mess with it? its the same joke, we just get it earlier in the anime

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I thought it was a cute nod as the Murata manga readers and anime watchers wouldn't be privy to their lives otherwise until many many years yet to go.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
The Garou arc probably fits best into a two-cour anime season, which means that's not going to get animated until Murata gets close to the end of the Garou arc. That could be quite a while, and most anime havers would probably forget about that scene by then.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kabanaw posted:

The Garou arc probably fits best into a two-cour anime season, which means that's not going to get animated until Murata gets close to the end of the Garou arc. That could be quite a while, and most anime havers would probably forget about that scene by then.

There is a shitload more Garou content in the murata version though.
I wonder if it was made specifically for the Anime?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There is a shitload more Garou content in the murata version though.
I wonder if it was made specifically for the Anime?

It was made before the anime was a thing I believe. I think it was mostly to avoid catching up to ONE, and to flesh out parts that ONE felt needed fleshing out.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Plus Mob Psycho 100 is heavily implying that it's wrapping up, so OPM is probably going to become his main project soon, which the arc expansion stuff would give him time to adjust into that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I somehow doubt OPM will become his main project, especially considering the remake.

I don't know if OPM being his main work would work in its favour either.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Plus Mob Psycho 100 is heavily implying that it's wrapping up, so OPM is probably going to become his main project soon, which the arc expansion stuff would give him time to adjust into that.

Not a chance.
Major loose ends foreshadowed from pretty early would remain after the current villain's defeat.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
What, the black helmet cult stuff? That could very easily just have been a recurring joke never intended to be an actual plot point the whole time.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mighty Dicktron posted:

What, the black helmet cult stuff? That could very easily just have been a recurring joke never intended to be an actual plot point the whole time.

it's heavily hinted there's something else inside mob

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
What's with all this Mob Psycho stuff I haven't had the time to read yet in an OPM thread.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was hoping Mob Psycho 100 would end on chapter 100.

BurningDance posted:

What's with all this Mob Psycho stuff I haven't had the time to read yet in an OPM thread.
Mob Psycho is another series written by ONE. It's pretty good.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I'm going to say that the newest episode which had Saitama's aura inside the seer's crystal ball is vindication of my theory Boros' prophecy was a trap meant to kill him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Hello thread.

Xarbala finally convinced me to jump aboard the ONE train so I spent the whole evening catching up on the Garou arc.

Wow.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Xarbala finally convinced me to jump aboard the ONE train so I spent the whole evening catching up on the Garou arc.

Wow.

Took you long enough Mod Seafood.

Can't believe you thought you could mod this subforum without reading the ONE version.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Wow.

I remember bingereading all of one in one night... and ending on garou asking saitama what it meant to be a hero.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Wow.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Wow.

It owns owns owns

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

i am so proud of you bad seafood

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Wow.

Welcome to the fold Bad Seamod

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
And now I'm all caught up.

That cliffhanger.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

(from Murata's twitter)

That is honestly one of the moments I'm so excited for in the manga and eventually anime. That panel just cracks me the gently caress up every time I see it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hello thread.

Wow.

I know right? Who would've thought the art would progress so well? It starts from 'Am I looking at some napkin doodles?' and then it gets 'Ok I can understand what I'm looking at here' all the way to 'I could unironically recommend this to someone because it finally looks decent'

Bad Seafood posted:

That cliffhanger.

And now you can suffer along with us.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I for one eagerly await the battle between Fubuki and crippled Tatsumaki

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"But for now...

I'm just going to kick your rear end."

I probably did the biggest OH poo poo I ever did.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

That cliffhanger.

It's not that bad of a cliffhanger.

RareAcumen posted:

And now you can suffer along with us.

Waiting for Saitama's response to Garou's question was much much worse.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I started rereading too now because of course that's what you do when you're reminded of how good ONE is

And it's so obvious that Lightspeed Flash is way too similar to Speed of Sound Sonic that if they have no connection at all that... it would actually be the perfect joke come to think of it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They even use the same Wind Blade Kick technique, I believe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Where are you rereading it? Batoto seems to have removed even ONE's version.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kissmanga?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kild posted:

Where are you rereading it? Batoto seems to have removed even ONE's version.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-artist-one-r9123

It's there.
It's not licensed so it'll not be taken down until it is, and considering the remake, it never will be.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm reading on Batoto, it's just a pain to start with because they changed things up. You have to click through the most recent additions to get to the manga and you can navigate normally from the pageview there. They probably only show the full table of contents to registered users but just click on one of those Portuguese chapters and switch languages from the dropdown navigation menus.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Or just log in to the site.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

what wizardry is this

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's not that bad of a cliffhanger.

Waiting for Saitama's response to Garou's question was much much worse.

Having to be patient for a new chapter, episode, or movie to come out is suffering. Alternatively:

Having to be patient for a new chapter, episode, or movie to come out is suffering.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

That cliffhanger.

Yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I just expect him to punch out of it like he did with Ground Dragon.