Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think Wale was there too

Yes, along with Ron Funches

https://www.instagram.com/p/_QfXYCjfVL/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Are King Cuerno and Cage still in? I enjoyed them in the first season but couldn't spot them in the trailer :ohdear:

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Are King Cuerno and Cage still in? I enjoyed them in the first season but couldn't spot them in the trailer :ohdear:

Yup! They're in and they have what seem to be major feuds

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
More importantly, will we finally get to hear El Mariachi Loco sing a song?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Illinois Smith posted:

More importantly, will we finally get to hear El Mariachi Loco sing a song?

If Mil Muertes is killed, maybe his Disciples will return to their normal forms instead of being wrestle zombies.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mil Muertes is the man of 1000 deaths. You'd have to kill him a lot more times for that to happen.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pro Wrestling Tees just announced that they have a merch deal with LU. We're going to get a poo poo ton of Pentagon Jr. shirts and they will all be awesome. CERO MIEDO, MOTHER FUCKERS :unsmigghh:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Pro Wrestling Tees just announced that they have a merch deal with LU. We're going to get a poo poo ton of Pentagon Jr. shirts and they will all be awesome. CERO MIEDO, MOTHER FUCKERS :unsmigghh:

Also means that international shipping is now available for non-US fans, nice!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

Noted cool guy and dirt bike enthusiast Angelico.

Here's a video of the first time he dived off that balcony.

That's less dumb since at least someone/s were there to kinda somewhat try to catch him. It wasn't a ten-foot back bump.

poo poo, if a dude's gonna jump off a balcony and dropkick you off a ladder, least you could do is go up more than a rung or two. Quid pro quo, ya know.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

Mil Muertes is the man of 1000 deaths. You'd have to kill him a lot more times for that to happen.
Well, Fenix killed him once, but nueve ciento noventa y nueve muertes doesn't roll off the tongue so easily, so they keep rounding up.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

C. Everett Koop posted:

That's less dumb since at least someone/s were there to kinda somewhat try to catch him. It wasn't a ten-foot back bump.

poo poo, if a dude's gonna jump off a balcony and dropkick you off a ladder, least you could do is go up more than a rung or two. Quid pro quo, ya know.

Maybe Angelico couldn't hit it any higher than he did.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Maybe Angelico couldn't hit it any higher than he did.

Which means he probably did that dive at least once before to see how high he'd be when he hit the ring.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Umbra Dubium posted:

Which means he probably did that dive at least once before to see how high he'd be when he hit the ring.

I saw something, an interview around the end of the first season I believe, that said when he pitched the spot the first time, they laid out a bunch of crash mats in and around the ring and had him prove that he could pull that off.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

thefncrow posted:

I saw something, an interview around the end of the first season I believe, that said when he pitched the spot the first time, they laid out a bunch of crash mats in and around the ring and had him prove that he could pull that off.

"You can do it again if you don't die the first time doing it" is a very cool and good way of vetoing wrestling spots.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Discount Trombones posted:

Well, Fenix killed him once, but nueve ciento noventa y nueve muertes doesn't roll off the tongue so easily, so they keep rounding up.

Wouldn't it be Mil y Uno Muertes?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dias posted:

"You can do it again if you don't die the first time doing it" is a very cool and good way of vetoing wrestling spots.

I think the interview was Eric Van Wagenen and the way he described it at first was even better, if I recall correctly he said he was just walking across the floor and saw Angelico standing on top of Dario's office eyeing the ring. Yelled at him "You're not actually thinking of making that?" and Angelico just shrugged. So he was like "Well, let's drag some crash mats in"

The other great story was Mundo on a podcast (Stone Cold's maybe?) saying that him and Puma didn't practice the fall off the bandstand through the tables, they just trusted that they could pull it off. But Puma wanted to do it as a Spanish Fly off the bandstand and Mundo had to talk him down into "hey, let's just try not to die instead, what do you say?"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think the interview was Eric Van Wagenen and the way he described it at first was even better, if I recall correctly he said he was just walking across the floor and saw Angelico standing on top of Dario's office eyeing the ring. Yelled at him "You're not actually thinking of making that?" and Angelico just shrugged. So he was like "Well, let's drag some crash mats in"

The other great story was Mundo on a podcast (Stone Cold's maybe?) saying that him and Puma didn't practice the fall off the bandstand through the tables, they just trusted that they could pull it off. But Puma wanted to do it as a Spanish Fly off the bandstand and Mundo had to talk him down into "hey, let's just try not to die instead, what do you say?"

Holy poo poo, Ricochet, that was a CZW-level idea for a spot, and the one that AIRED was already pretty reckless.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dias posted:

Holy poo poo, Ricochet, that was a CZW-level idea for a spot, and the one that AIRED was already pretty reckless.

You are really underestimating how stupid CZW spots get

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Angelico was recently on the MLW podcast and said he wanted to do another dive for season 2 and they said no. His death wish is very strong.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pentagon/Vampiro was practically tame by CZW standards

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Angelico was recently on the MLW podcast and said he wanted to do another dive for season 2 and they said no. His death wish is very strong.

It's smart of them to say no to it -- you don't want it to be something expected from him in every big match, and it kind of got that way by the end of the season. Like that dive he did at the end of the season was probably the most dangerous one, and it had the least emotional impact because it was like "ah here's Angelico's death spot of the night."

(edit): this thing

Benne posted:

Pentagon/Vampiro was practically tame by CZW standards

Yeah, and that's the closest they did to a CZW match, and it was a one-off that had a point. I like when they do brutal important matches with a bunch of color without resorting to CZW-style for the most part, like Grave Consequences.

Not that I have anything against CZW, it's cool when I'm in the mood for it, it's just a very different thing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Fubo.tv has officially made the move to a $9.99 price point. But at least it also added a bunch of new stations that I've never heard of! People who are still grandfathered in at the $6.99 price point do not get the new stations :smith: . But they all appear to be in spanish, so I guess I'm not too mad about it. I updated the first post re: fubo.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I feel like we need to establish the CZW Scale of Stupidity when it comes to spots/matches, similar to the Muta Scale for bloodloss.

For example the big ladder spot from the other night is a .8 CZW, if only because they gimmicked the ladder (CZW wouldn't do that) and didn't do it from the top to the outside (CZW would do that).

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

if it was a piledriver with that setup it would be a .8

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
They're supposed to announce the first round of January tapings this week, so if you're looking to get tickets for next month, be watching @luchaelrey like a hawk for the next couple days.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

I feel like we need to establish the CZW Scale of Stupidity when it comes to spots/matches, similar to the Muta Scale for bloodloss.

For example the big ladder spot from the other night is a .8 CZW, if only because they gimmicked the ladder (CZW wouldn't do that) and didn't do it from the top to the outside (CZW would do that).

So what would be a 1.0 on the dumb spot scale? I'm not a CZW viewer so I wouldn't know

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

LionYeti posted:

So what would be a 1.0 on the dumb spot scale? I'm not a CZW viewer so I wouldn't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRGF9A1KiGY

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Wow it was so dumb Zandig taking that bump while pregnant.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Nick Gage literally almost bled to death from a spot at a CZW show so I don't really think there's an upper limit to how stupid they can get

If you're asking what they do on a typical show, I'm sure somebody can hook you up with gifs of the big spots from Cage of Death last weekend

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

As to this earlier spoiler:

Turns out it is wrong. Spoilers about someone new appearing today: Daga appeared as Daga. Dragon Azteca Jr. was on the show later and they are clearly not the same dude. I still have no idea who Azteca is, but he is good.

The observer cleared this up Dragon Azteca Jr is Rey Horus. This is good news because Horus is awesome

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Grozz Nuy posted:

Nick Gage literally almost bled to death from a spot at a CZW show so I don't really think there's an upper limit to how stupid they can get

To build on this, he told the clearly panicked nurse to patch him up enough so he could do one more move and - as the helicopter was in route to get him - he cut a promo as the nurse was trying to monitor his vitals.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

The observer cleared this up Dragon Azteca Jr is Rey Horus. This is good news because Horus is awesome

This rules, and that guy's own gimmick isn't so distinctive that giving him another character for the show is a detriment.

Still holding out hope that Flamita and Speedball show up soon.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

Oh that's awesome. That's Hijo de Rey Mystero Sr II (so trained by Rey's uncle I think)? Cool for him to come in with Rey, even under a different gimmick.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

To build on this, he told the clearly panicked nurse to patch him up enough so he could do one more move and - as the helicopter was in route to get him - he cut a promo as the nurse was trying to monitor his vitals.

Was this before or after he went to jail?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
:siren: General ticketing announcement for Jan 9 and 10 is going to happen today (last time it was 3 hours or so after the pre-reservations) so if you're looking to get in on those shows be ready.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
So what are the odds of me knowing what the hell is going on if I didn't watch season 1? All the Daily Motion links I've found are potato-quality with unsynced sound.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zakharov posted:

So what are the odds of me knowing what the hell is going on if I didn't watch season 1? All the Daily Motion links I've found are potato-quality with unsynced sound.

Pretty high. They're good about recapping things. You could definitely get away with reading the first few posts of the old thread (which explained the major storylines going into Ultima Lucha, which was the season finale/Wrestlemania) and then either watching just Ultima Lucha, even in potato quality, or reading a recap somewhere. I put a link to the Ultima Lucha thread in the OP.

None of the storylines are really that complex. Biggest backstory is probably all the stuff around Mil Muertes, and that can be boiled down to "think of him as heel Undertaker and Catrina as Paul Bearer." Or Son of Havok, Ivelisse, and Angelico which are "disfunctional mismatched underdog losers won it all." Setting aside all the crazy gimmicks, they stick to fairly basic wrestling principles.

Well aside from the owner keeping a monster/brother chained up the basement and feeding a wrestler to him and then capturing the lady who was trying to kill the monster and brainwashing her into killing the man who trained her instead which started a war and everyone had to flee into the desert.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Or that creepy stalker that thinks that Moths are cool. Also has locked The Sexy star in his basement.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

adhuin posted:

Or that creepy stalker that thinks that Moths are cool. Also has locked The Sexy star in his basement.

In the trailer for the next season, she had escaped and was running scared.

Marty the Moth was such a good comedy heel that turned real dark real fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

:getin: Jan 9 and 10 open

• Locked thread