Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

i dunno what to buy for my mum for christmas. like the only thing she ever seems to do is read on her kindle but buying amazon vouchers seems lame
my dad is gonna get some wine or golf related stuff because i dunno what else to get; he wanted a new winter coat but he went ahead and bought one last weekend damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I'm in the same boat, my mum has no hobbies. Even worse, she has no sense of taste or smell so I can't even buy a bottle of perfume or poo poo for her. Last year I bought her a set of nice pads and drawing charcoals she hasn't used yet. gently caress you for being so hard to buy for you wonderful woman.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

i bought one of those grow-your-own-vegetables things for her last year which she quite liked, she grew some tomatoes and mange tout i think :)
seems daft to get the same thing again though

probably gonna get a big fuckoff box of lindor chocolate cos she likes those, and i guess a kindle voucher or something

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

i dunno what to buy for my mum for christmas. like the only thing she ever seems to do is read on her kindle but buying amazon vouchers seems lame
my dad is gonna get some wine or golf related stuff because i dunno what else to get; he wanted a new winter coat but he went ahead and bought one last weekend damnit

buy her an account

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i got my mam a cheese making kit because i was after some food related thing and it seemed a good choice and wasnt too expensive

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lady Gaza posted:

buy her an account

my mum gets frightened pressing the play button on their new blu ray player, i think the internet beyond the kindle bookstore is a bit too scary for her.

she'd be on here for all of ten seconds before she called me up saying WHAT IS THAT MAN DOING TO HIS ANUS?! and then never speak to me again

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Lady Gaza posted:

buy her an account

e/n would be much better reading than some poo poo from amazon bargain section tbh

I've about finished my christmas shopping as of some last minute panicking on amazon but now the waiting game for things to actually show up starts

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Hermes were kind to email me a notification that my parcel will be delivered by Christmas 2017!

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

ive not done any xmas shopping

my new policy is not to buy someone something unless they tell me what they want. it's better than me kicking them in the throat because they complain when they get something they didn't want

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Boots have 3 for 2 on Laura Ashley's kitchen accessory sets. Like adorable measuring spoons in the shape of cups, actual spoons, egg timers and the like.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

my nephew is getting a bunch of star wars disney infinity stuff because i am cool uncle and buy the best presents :smug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

my nephew is getting a bunch of star wars disney infinity stuff because i am cool uncle and buy the best presents :smug:

i chipped in to get mine anki overdrive which i fully intend to beat him at

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

88h88 posted:

Most of the kids in the family are getting into their teens so cash becomes an acceptable gift for when they want to buy £30 of penny sweets or drugs or whatever.

Penny sweets haven't existed where I live for some time.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

penny sweets cost 5p now, broken britain etc

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

UPS lost another of my parcels.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
ups more like oops

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
more like UPeniS

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

u piece poo poo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

UK thread, I need help. I'm looking at buying a graphics card as a gift for my partner for fallout 4. is there a decent one for a reasonable price? I'm out of touch with these things (posting on 5 year old mac)

also the gaming forums here scare me

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
buy a ps4

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Gtx 980 / 970 / 960 depending on budget

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how romantic

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

loving immigrants coming into my country and raising the prices of Freddos in their loving cornershops.

Vote UKIP

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Man graphic cards ain't cheap. That idea might be out the window.

hey now hun, you were happy when i bought you the SA account

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Corbae posted:

loving immigrants coming into my country and raising the prices of Freddos in their loving cornershops.

Vote UKIP

lmbo if you dont eat chomps exclusively

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i just cleaned out my graphics card yesterday and its running 25 degrees cooler now and the fans aren't at 90% constantly, would clean again

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

I need help... I'm looking at ... my partner ... touch ... 5 year old ... also ... scare me

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

i just cleaned out my graphics card yesterday and its running 25 degrees cooler now and the fans aren't at 90% constantly, would clean again

I'll give this a go myself

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
do you use bleach, or washing up liquid?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i just blew it until all this stuff came out

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Vitamins posted:

Pm me

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

:gonk:

well, i could try that, i guess

(no homo)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

yikes

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bus buddies

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Somewhere in Bristol a virgin weeps more than usual tonight

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

that poor 35 year old man :(

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I got some sossiges and Christmas pate off an old man running Pedricko's stall :yum:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

pedo can we have your xmas schedule

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Got shortlisted for the British Embassy in Tokyo today :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nice timing fluo

i ordered a takeaway and got chips instead of the salad i asked for and kind of feel like complaining