Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Chalks posted:

Haha I wonder how these people wrap their heads around mainstream media reporting on how lovely their community is.

"friend of derek smart" probably

also

quote:

So you say we should relax, we shouldn’t act as an unit so we are weaker against attacks from outside….nice try ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Awww yes.... this is going to be a vintage comment section

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

Haha I wonder how these people wrap their heads around mainstream media reporting on how lovely their community is.

Mainstream media is obviously a DSmart alt.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The window is shifting on the coverage a bit:

quote:

Again, this is a far cry from Roberts’ ambitious pitch, which wants to give players the freedom to—for example—start on a planet, board a ship, fly anywhere in the galaxy, invade another ship, and pilot it to another planet. All of this would happen in a persistent world, with other players, and rendered with the powerful CryEngine, which in the right hands makes for some beautiful games. It’s a very tempting pitch, which is why more than a million people backed the game so far. Some of these people have invested so much money in the game, it sounds irresponsible. For example, PC Gamer recently talked to a player who already spent $30,000 on Star Citizen’s in-game ships.

And all this while multiple, anonymous ex-Cloud Imperium employees have said that the game's budget was mishandled, that employees are mistreated, and that Star Citizen is basically doomed. Roberts has refuted each of these claims, and this recent update supports his claims.

I wouldn’t bet $30,000 on it. Frankly, I don’t see why I’d add even a single dollar to a pile of $100 million for a game that doesn’t exist. The whole project could still go up in flames before it’s finished, but there’s no denying Roberts and his team are making progress. Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 is just a small step forward, but it’s something.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/star-citizen-is-now-a-100-million-crowdfunded-game

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hav posted:

After four pages of fat-shaming someone with an obvious glandular condition, this seems ironic.

Lol ok

The only condition Ben has is lack of self control

Also is it really shaming if he doesn't give a gently caress and just keeps eating things by the pallet

Also I'm sure that his wife is a fat gently caress too doesn't help if neither of them want to change and they just keep eating until they hopefully die (before star citizen releases so they can cry while feeling the tight grip of deaths bony hand around their hearts knowing they never got to experience Chris roberts epic space game)

Lol

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also jared is a fat gently caress too that looks like one of those people that live in the Las Vegas sewer city.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Holy poo poo.

I didn't know pizza was glandular.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3wtjg3/star_citizen_may_not_be_a_scam_but_it_feels_like/ :munch:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
nobody that fat can blame it on a glandular disorder

calories don't work that way

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

Holy poo poo.

So is quad fisting sodas apparently rofl

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Eonwe posted:

gently caress you guys be nice to Loiosh

also :yikes: at the last two pages of this thread

I'm going to try a summoning ritual. It works for Derek but I'm calling in the big guns...

"Peter Gabriel, Peter Gabriel, PETER GABRIEL!"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
what the gently caress

quote:

Leezoat Rear Admiral 1 point 12 minutes ago
I've followed dozens of games from the start, many of them extremely niche with rabid fanbases. None of them come close to the cultishness of star citizen.
It must be the insane amount of money people are putting in.

isn't rear admiral an insane amount of money? have the whales started whaleshaming?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

quote:

People seem to be throwing word "cult" willy nilly. To me a definition of a cult is when you believe into something unconventionally no matter how bad the outcome is, but what I see in Star Citizen community is a that people are just excited about the game.

i cant even.......

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ghostlight posted:

Holy poo poo.

It has cheese, which is a milk products, and therefore glandular. QED:ish.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

On this day, Hav lost all rights to not be made fun of. His only defense: "Hey, I was joking guys!"

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Oh wesha lmao

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

have the whales started whaleshaming?
These are sperm whales.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I love the comments doing exactly what the author says they will do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Is it also possible to blame retarded sonichu-style necklaces on glands?

Asking for a friend.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

Asking for a friend.

yes that's the gland in your head that causes that one

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

what the gently caress

isn't rear admiral an insane amount of money? have the whales started whaleshaming?

It's "only" 250$.

I mean, come, on. That's nothing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwaihir posted:

It's "only" 250$.

I mean, come, on. That's nothing.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

what the gently caress

The r/starcitizen subreddit allows users to set any citizen flair, so it's not indicative of funding.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

From memory rear admiral was one of the more common backer tiers because of the Constellation's Mary Sueness.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

Asking for a friend.

Don't joke with that stuff, my sister had a sonichu necklace and that poo poo didn't go away until she got an hysterectomy.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

mashed_penguin posted:

From memory rear admiral was one of the more common backer tiers because of the Constellation's Mary Sueness.

Shame those backers will never get to live their Firefly fantasy because multiscrew will always be inherently poo poo compared to having another fighter. Unless you give the ship an OP win button cannon like the Liberator in PS2 that flat out requires another person to operate.

Instead they'll get owned on the landing pad by packs of organized "greifers" and cry a lot on reddit. :getin:

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Also https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/TeW0Sth.gif&v=-usMHzmPjTw&s=190

It works surprisingly well...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so Kimsemus made a post on the Albion Online forums criticizing a feature & a developer for being completely wrong and he got banned meanwhile, I'm saying way more terrible poo poo and nothing happens

free kimsemus is as true in Albion as it was in Star Citizen

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If you would like a picture of Ben's future unless he loses weight, google diabetic neuropathy.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

so Kimsemus made a post on the Albion Online forums criticizing a feature & a developer for being completely wrong and he got banned meanwhile, I'm saying way more terrible poo poo and nothing happens

free kimsemus is as true in Albion as it was in Star Citizen

That sucks I was looking forward to a new UO I could play while taking a poo poo. And on my tablet too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Berious posted:

That sucks I was looking forward to a new UO I could play while taking a poo poo. And on my tablet too.

He isn't banned from the game

and its still fun

but it does have some flaws

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Don't worry. It's a known issue. Everything is normal.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

He isn't banned from the game

and its still fun

but it does have some flaws

Waiting for release is the hardest thing

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Spawn in mustang.

Someone is landing a constellation.

I fly under him as he's landing and slowly fly up towards him until my mustang clips into his constellation.

Constellation explodes. I don't.

Mad in local.

10/10 goty

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

fuctifino posted:

We normally only get to see him behind a desk and sat down.

what the gently caress

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Hav posted:

After four pages of fat-shaming someone with an obvious glandular condition, this seems ironic.

Glandular conditions are like 5% of obesity cases (because glandular conditions, unless really severe or rare, make you overweight, not obese). As much as people want to bitch and whine 'it's a medical condition!' The data says otherwise. Obesity rates have increased exponentially since the 1980s. Rates of glandular conditions have not.

Even in glandular conditions, it's calories in, calories out. This extra weight doesn't magically come from the sky. And that's some serious loving edema if someone says it's water weight.

For glandular conditions, it is just that your body stores more of the calories you eat than you burn, so you gain more weight than someone who ate the same amount of calories. Glandular conditions can also be managed. Not that I am saying it is easy.

It's eating and self control. The lack of personal responsibility these days is loving mind boggling.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Mirificus posted:

Don't worry. It's a known issue. Everything is normal.

Fallout 5 is looking great.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xanif posted:

Spawn in mustang.

Someone is landing a constellation.

I fly under him as he's landing and slowly fly up towards him until my mustang clips into his constellation.

Constellation explodes. I don't.

Mad in local.

10/10 goty

My new goal is to spawn a ship, fly to the FPS station, snag an assault rifle, fly back to the main station, board a multi-crew ship with someone else, enjoy the multi-crew experience until they go somewhere else, and then kill them and steal their ship.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Renegret posted:

what the gently caress
Yeah, the furniture is ugly and the Razer laptop must be burning a hole in that chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My new goal is to spawn a ship, fly to the FPS station, snag an assault rifle, fly back to the main station, board a multi-crew ship with someone else, enjoy the multi-crew experience until they go somewhere else, and then kill them and steal their ship.

Watching the rage when that happens is goddamned funny. My favorites so far have all involved the little water closet in the Constellation. You can easily hide in there and then sneak out. Make sure you show up after they get out of the seat. I think pilots are invincible right now.

• Locked thread