Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ecco I'm glad you decided to stay in the game and not get replaced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I was 100% sure Kash was scum after Tomm flipped cop and then I got NKed :( GG scum, thanks ANarc!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

TMM you are the worst please don't play again tia

No you're the worst.

100yrs and asiina are bad town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ecco I'm glad you decided to stay in the game and not get replaced

same! I am typing this right now at my desk with the window in a tiny box in the corner like a super rebel. tomorrow is also my last day of having weird schedules too, what (im)perfect timing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

No you're the worst.

I've found that it's often more productive to reflect on what changes I could have made to my game than it is to accuse others of being "bad", if for no other reason than it's all just an internet game that we play for fun.

edit: I quoted TMM there but that goes out to anyone it applies to

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

TMM you are the worst please don't play again tia

this is the most wrong TMM is spooky accurate in his reads some time, just needs to work on his convincing skills :3:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good work on figuring out my top secret strategy Ecco

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also cpig if you could tell me why I tipped you off so hard, I'm curious. You are good at figuring me out as well

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

No you're the worst.

no I think you'll find that it is you.

you are so impossible to play with that as soon as the game became about You the town lost all momentum and caring. when you finally did die and flip, I could hear the town's collective, exasperated sigh all the way from the scumdoc.

you happened to be correct re:me but only because you pulled it out of thin air; you did more than I ever could to discredit the idea that I was running a gambit. (and of course you dropped re:me as soon as it became expedient for you to go after someone else.)

if you continue to play the way you do as town you will become a huge liability for your team and will suck the enjoyment out of everyone else. you were a very easy vote for me to pursue as scum, and if I were town I'd have straight-up put you on ignore.

please play better thank you goodnight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I've found that it's often more productive to reflect on what changes I could have made to my game than it is to accuse others of being "bad", if for no other reason than it's all just an internet game that we play for fun.

Sorry but that's not going to happen here. I directly told everyone exactly what I was and maintained that position until I was hung. There was absolutely no reason to suspect I was anything other than town. Asiina simply didn't like my play style and voted me for it. I'm not sure what 100yrs was thinking. CPig is the only one I'll forgive for my lynch because he was getting the job done. Although he still probably should have no lynched me.

Why do you think I never looked twice at CPig? It's because I saw his claim in his very first post.

Town simply blew this game and never once looked at Ecco because she had claimed vig.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i even tried to hint that i'd investigated cpig and he'd come up town but instead it came across as a kushuno soft clear : (

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tommunist posted:

i even tried to hint that i'd investigated cpig and he'd come up town but instead it came across as a kushuno soft clear : (

we caught that in the scumdoc, good work opop for telling everyone about it publicly so nobody thought to go back and check.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not going to get into a huge discussion about why claiming VT doesn't matter, but claiming VT means literally nothing.

Tommunist posted:

this was my favorite part of the game because I was like "yeah cool yep"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It loving doesn't matter that I was vanilla. All that matter is that I was town and that was plainly obvious. Why do you think CPig, Tomm, Opop and Taste didn't immediately vote for me? I'm guessing it's because they knew I was telling the truth.

There was absolutely no reason to question my claim and I had no reason to inject my claim if I was scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

You are a SECRET SANTA! You wish to have a Merry Christmas to all, and as such, win when your Santee receives a present on or before Christmas Day (12/25). Your Santee is:

Kashuno

CCKeane posted:

Hey Kash, a little elf told me that they're happy that you liked the gift haha! They also said they'd be back. Oh yes, oh yes they'd be back, as long as there is work in Boston and they have a plain unmarked white van.

I've included a picture so you can try to spot them!

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha I came clean and met up with Kash to give him the rest of his gifts, planning ways to troll him was funner than actually applying :effort:

Geez, that was the perfect triple-cross. I'll never plot to troll Kash again!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Anon! Game Critiques:

- Thank you for hosting the game! Like I said via PM I had a lot of fun (up to when people stopped posting but also like I said that's on them not you).

- I liked the flavor a lot, and I liked that you were willing to work with the scumteam when we did something unconventional.

- I feel like the town was a little underpowered, just a cop and a doc with a game this size is a little weak. As you saw in the doc I was reasonably convinced there'd be a tracker in the game, since that would be the perfect foil to the godfather-roleblocker duo.

- Thanks again for the game and I hope Game 2 goes even better!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

TMMadman posted:

It loving doesn't matter that I was vanilla. All that matter is that I was town and that was plainly obvious. Why do you think CPig, Tomm, Opop and Taste didn't immediately vote for me? I'm guessing it's because they knew I was telling the truth.

There was absolutely no reason to question my claim and I had no reason to inject my claim if I was scum.

You're really frustrating to play mafia with and each game i've played with you you've died early or been a super easy lynch because of the way you play mafia and interact with other people in mafia. Please consider reflecting on your play instead of getting indignant.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Sorry but that's not going to happen here. I directly told everyone exactly what I was and maintained that position until I was hung. There was absolutely no reason to suspect I was anything other than town. Asiina simply didn't like my play style and voted me for it. I'm not sure what 100yrs was thinking. CPig is the only one I'll forgive for my lynch because he was getting the job done. Although he still probably should have no lynched me.

Why do you think I never looked twice at CPig? It's because I saw his claim in his very first post.

Town simply blew this game and never once looked at Ecco because she had claimed vig.

Is there anything you could have done differently that might have prevented this? (that's a genuine question and not an attempt to be snarky)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

No you're the worst.

You're not wrong about that. I like being town because I don't have to lie, and I like being vanilla since there's less pressure, but I am indeed horrible at reading people as scum or not.

Oh well. I'm glad that scum team was won by players who were around and present, it's a worthy loss.

Thanks Anon!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

When I asked my final 'why is ecco alive?' I had also typed a long scenario about Ecco gaming her own meta that I decided not to post only because I figured people would just suspect me as scum and I didn't want to have to bother defending myself. Fancy that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You're not wrong about that. I like being town because I don't have to lie, and I like being vanilla since there's less pressure, but I am indeed horrible at reading people as scum or not.

Oh well. I'm glad that scum team was won by players who were around and present, it's a worthy loss.

Thanks Anon!

Ehhh. I don't blame you too much for hanging me, although obviously I do think it was a bad decision.

I knew Kash was scum the day I was getting hung but for a while I thought it was you and him together.

I'm still just seriously stunned that nobody could spot Kash as scum when I thought it was pretty obvious, especially after my lynch.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
By the way, opop protected ecco n2 and kash n3. Lol

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also thanks for the game ANarc. :)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Ehhh. I don't blame you too much for hanging me, although obviously I do think it was a bad decision.

I knew Kash was scum the day I was getting hung but for a while I thought it was you and him together.

I'm still just seriously stunned that nobody could spot Kash as scum when I thought it was pretty obvious, especially after my lynch.

For me it was about the way he presented himself. That's more or less how I try to read people besides looking for blatant clues. He didn't remind me of the scum Kashes I have vague memories of, and he seemed pretty natural to me at least, but like I said, I may not be the best judge of character.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yep it was kash all right.
Ecco sure did fool me this time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think I missed it, what actually happened to Keane?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

also cpig if you could tell me why I tipped you off so hard, I'm curious. You are good at figuring me out as well

I just know things sometimes Kashuno.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Opopanax posted:

I think I missed it, what actually happened to Keane?

Exactly what I said happened: Ecco killed Keane in the ultimate bus to play with her meta.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
TMM you have to realize how not town you came across especially after your day 1 tunnel on me at the expense of any scumhunting for the future. Like I understand policy lynching a claimed 3p but the way you shut down any other analysation for the rest of the day really killed this game for the town. Like there is never a reason to just keep repeating yourself like you do, being annoying isn't an effective form of convincing people, and really will just result in your policy lynch in future games because no one wants you around even if you are town because you will just distract everyone from scum hunting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nah TMM isn't the reason town lost. Like we lost time focusing on him only really on one day, but I mean I definitely was trying to look at other players and often incorrectly at that. If anything TMM just needs to work on his persuasion is all, so we could've agreed with his right opinions.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TMMadman posted:

Exactly what I said happened: Ecco killed Keane in the ultimate bus to play with her meta.

:allears: I like it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Can someone post the scumdoc? I love reading docs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Can someone post the scumdoc? I love reading docs.

If it's not up by the time I get home I'll post it but forewarned it's pretty boring. D1 was exciting and funny but after that Ecco and I basically ignored each other in favor of basically being SKs minus the second nk

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Sorry for not posting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yikes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah tmm you are awful and I know you act that way on purpose because you've said you like trolling for reactions and to feel smug when people fall for your idiot act, so in all sincerity, gently caress you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Yeah tmm you are awful and I know you act that way on purpose because you've said you like trolling for reactions and to feel smug when people fall for your idiot act, so in all sincerity, gently caress you.

No gently caress you. Sorry, but you are the bad town player here Asiina. You substituted in and then flat out refused to vote for someone because it's so far against her meta that it was inconceivable to you. Except that you then go ahead and vote for me when my meta includes the fact that if I claim on D1 then I'm telling the truth. Then you flat out parked your vote on me and refused to move it AND refused to answer any of my questions.

Frankly, we should have voted you out at that point because you just refused to play the game afterwards. You didn't vote for 3 straight days.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Except that you then go ahead and vote for me when my meta includes the fact that if I claim on D1 then I'm telling the truth.

lol that is the dumbest meta I have ever heard of, how can you possibly think anyone is going to ever consider and accept that as fact

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
here's the thing. if it's a meta read you are aware of it is COMPLETELY USELESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah that's right, in wizardfia 2 TMM spent the postgame complaining about the ~unbalanced setup~ (that town won the last time it ran) after he lost didn't he? :v:

• Locked thread