Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Madman is casing me on what I feel is a pretty clear joke, so yeah I think it is weird.

Madman is casing you because you are saying "don't waste time with your stupid bullshit" when you were doing jokephase stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Madman is casing you because you are saying "don't waste time with your stupid bullshit" when you were doing jokephase stuff.

Plus cases have to start somewhere! Scum aren't just gonna out themselves.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid was trying hard to be a bit serious kind of early there too, he certainly seems a lot worse than TMM as far as early "serious" cases go

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Oh hi Hal ##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hi Hal ##unvote

STICK TO YOUR GUNS

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

STICK TO YOUR GUNS

I am

EXAKT Science posted:

well yeah a turbo on someone who has confirmed isn't nearly as funny.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
It got quiet in here...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote quid

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

##vote quid

Hmmm....

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Something pique your interest?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Something pique your interest?

Just trying to decide if I like the vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's a good thing there's two days left before the deadline cause I think everyone is asleep.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i feel asleep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Someone Awful! posted:

i feel asleep

nice one!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm here just waiting for commentary :sun:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Alright I have some time, gonna blow this poo poo wide open

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

The old 'claim to get a fake PM to cover for the fact that I got a real scum PM' ploy.

Would vote Kash.

Was this a serious statement, because it looks like it COULD be part of jokephase but it also reads as very serious three seconds into the day which is very odd

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

I like that you're willing to call it scummy, but not vote even tho we're still firmly in jokephase. Almost half the game hasn't confirmed.

This also seems overly sensitive and trigger happy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Well since there are two scum and it only takes 4 to lynch I feel voting early is dangerous and kind of scummy.

Yes, that does mean I find your vote kind of scummy.

Why were we all being so serious after two confirmation posts :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Well since there are two scum and it only takes 4 to lynch I feel voting early is dangerous and kind of scummy.

Yes, that does mean I find your vote kind of scummy.

TMMadman posted:

According to you claiming VT is useless.

##vote Kash

TMM fully aware of the fact that voting willy nilly could be bad for D1 but seems to be voting Kashuno based on...a meta joke? Am I reading this right?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it's legitimately hard for me to read that as a meta joke considering how serious tmm's posting has been out the gate

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Says the person pushing for a turbo on someone who hasn't even confirmed.

##vote Exakt

And again this is a lot of vote throwing around when TMM's initial serious response to EXAKT was "well I don't want to throw my vote around"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

How is it weird and defensive? There is someone saying that we shouldn't waste a day while simultaneously saying that we should turbo Hal.

This is also the height of irony considering TMM at this point has voted for 2 different people at the drop of a hat~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hold on I need to go back because I clearly have a scum hardon for TMM based on me feeling something was off about his initial post and now I'm glazing over the other content :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So I do think that the EXAKT pushing Hal turbo could be a little scummy if not for the fact that I like a lot of EXAKT's jokephase posting and I really feel like he's not coming from a malicious place. He has enough town sense about him in the moments when he's actually called out:

EXAKT Science posted:

If the scum try to push an early lunch it'll be obvious. Like I said, three players haven't even posted. :chill:

This is his first solid response to TMM, but this is what really seals the deal for me:

EXAKT Science posted:

You have this dumb slapfight every game. It dominates day 1 discussion and never accomplishes anything. We don't have the day to waste. Tomorrow is LYLO unless we hit.

I don't see scum coming in and shutting this down. I feel like scum EXAKT who understands how quick this game could go would silently let this ride out and capitalize on this fact rather than being the voice of reason. Gives me good town feels.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Because it's not a weird thing for TMM to say?

Kashuno are you being intentionally obtuse in this exchange with EXAKT because I don't see how you can actually have the opinion that my thinking it odd TMM is being super serious out the gate is bad, and I've known you to be intentionally obtuse in games when we've been scum together.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

This is an odd thing to say considering TMM was, in fact, also throwing his vote around as much as EXAKT, and with seemingly actual casing intent behind it. Can you explain your thought process, Kash, cause I'm not getting this defense.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EXAKT Science (1): TMMadman
Quidnose (1): Kashuno
Hal Incandenza (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Kashuno (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (5): bowmore, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Quidnose, Someone Awful!

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 17th, 2015 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quid was trying hard to be a bit serious kind of early there too, he certainly seems a lot worse than TMM as far as early "serious" cases go

I disagree, I made a single post saying I was getting bad vibes from TMM and would vote for him based on those early feelings, whereas TMM was dropping votes with his actual cases. Do you still think I'm the one acting scummy here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kash's vote on me isn't great and TMM considering it publicly without comment is also pretty lousy.

I have some feelings but I want to see some responses from people to see how they gel.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yay Quid is town!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Yay Quid is town!

##unvote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You brought up solid points Quid, I don't have strong rebuttals and it helped me look back at things.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

You brought up solid points Quid, I don't have strong rebuttals and it helped me look back at things.

Hurm.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I disagree, I made a single post saying I was getting bad vibes from TMM and would vote for him based on those early feelings, whereas TMM was dropping votes with his actual cases. Do you still think I'm the one acting scummy here?

Well no, not now that you actually posted and did stuff. I don't necessarily think TMM is scummy either though.

bowmore on the other hand...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If you are currently predicating your cases on "this person hasn't posted therefore they are scum," Hal, I will vote so hard for you, because that is the laziest poo poo in the world.

I didn't realize bowmore was in this game but that doesn't make him scum, and you're now two for two in me being your top suspect previously.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Someone Awful are you around?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also is bowmore gonna post or what?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT, aside from exonerating me as town, do you have any opinions on TMM being vote-happy, Hal being "absent=scum" happy, and Kashuno pushing odd opinions? You're the only person I'm fairly sure is town right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

EXAKT, aside from exonerating me as town, do you have any opinions on TMM being vote-happy, Hal being "absent=scum" happy, and Kashuno pushing odd opinions? You're the only person I'm fairly sure is town right now.

whoa buddy I was not being serious friend.

• Locked thread