Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ravane posted:

So... Money finally got fired... And they stole his hat? :ohdear:

The pizza barge was late one day and well... you don't have to be able to outrun Ben you just need to outrun the guy behind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

D_Smart posted:

While I'm not into fat shaming or any of that nonsense, I agree. He let himself go and it's all about control. Clearly he can control it since he wasn't this obese at the start of the project. I guess getting a steady - and larger - paycheck means you get to eat as much crap as you want. Therein lies the rub.

Surely its the stress. My God the things that man must have seen behind the scenes. Plus imagine having to work with Sandi , who he clearly loving abhors and pretend to actually like her. he must go home and sob into a family size KFC bucket every night. Some people hit the booze , others fire up a crack pipe. He has pizza hut on speed dial. The guy is clearly very distressed.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

from the EVE thread

lmbo

you big mean troll! :argh:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3wur4g/so_you_like_to_click_the_baitsdo_you/

Lots of cultists mad that CIG isn't getting unalloyed suckjobs anymore. Some fine reading.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

That video after they fired the nice girl where lesnick looked like he was ruined was just the best, was that chelsea or something? Someone find that video where he says that star citizen marches on and the evil sandi was in the background just rolling her eyes.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

thats because right now Star Citizen is deader-er than usual

Eve is boring though. Just Mittani being mad with power, the directorate being full of egos and drama and the rest of Eve waiting with baited breath for the age of goon to finally die. Literally the same as last year and the year before that and so on.

Star Citizen has cultists getting upset a big fat clown. Much funnier.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

jaegerx posted:

That video after they fired the nice girl where lesnick looked like he was ruined was just the best, was that chelsea or something? Someone find that video where he says that star citizen marches on and the evil sandi was in the background just rolling her eyes.

Please please please someone find this.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

New and improved patches! Going up during the Livestream!

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Daztek posted:

New and improved patches! Going up during the Livestream!

I don't think those are the kind of patches people are asking for...

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

So yeah, I'm considering going ahead and asking for a refund. Need to think on it a bit more, because there were moments of fun, but way too hard to get right now.

Loiosh, I saw this as a massive WC nerd, and as someone who still thinks on the off chance that CIG can pull this off...

100 million. Your money ain't needed. Get your money back.

I adore and love your enthusiasm for this game. It's what made me volunteer all that poo poo work for CR for free. Because it was something we all wanted.

But you will miss NOTHING getting your money back NOW. If it happens, buy in and join us as we grief the ever-loving poo poo out of cultish whales, because we'll be giggling and laughing all the way enjoying the game.

If it doesn't happen, you'll be glad you can spend money you have NOW due to your REFUND/CHARGEBACK to spend on other enjoyment/rent/whatever.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Iglocska posted:

I don't think those are the kind of patches people are asking for...

Hey man, these are special patches from China, cover your monitor with them and all the crashing and glitching will be gone! Only $25 for 5.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Hey man, these are special patches from China, cover your monitor with them and all the crashing and glitching will be gone! Only $25 for 5.

lol if you think you can get those for $25

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

it's like even when we win, they win :(

did anyone actually enjoy arena commander? let alone more than "most AAA titles"

it reads like a troll. Star Marine? really?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/new-york-ag-isp-investigation,30753.html

From the comments:

quote:

Those giving negative advise know very little about AAA game development. SC started dev 3 years ago. 5 to 6 years are required to make such game. For those following progress, the last 6 months have been the proof that CIG is doing very well, with a team of 268 and growing.
The solo game Squadron 42 will be released end of 2016 and the MMO in 2017, with Beta starting end of 2016.
Dont get be twisted by no sayer that a few months ago was still shooting vaporware and scam everywhere. Every so called "red flag" have been proved to be false, from a handful of dedicated Trolls.

Star Citizen is gonna be awesome!

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So money hat black man got fired? What happened with that?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHqiIcplsTQ&t=84s

I think you mean this video which was a day or so after a rumoured office rant (swearing/double firing) that possibly resulted in four people, three of them very visible, exiting the company.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Chalks posted:

I thought at least they'd make some token effort then give up rather than design the entire system around bullshit from the ground up.

The Star Citizen goon experience.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jst0rm posted:

So money hat black man got fired? What happened with that?

No, he didn't.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

EightAce posted:

Surely its the stress. My God the things that man must have seen behind the scenes. Plus imagine having to work with Sandi , who he clearly loving abhors and pretend to actually like her. he must go home and sob into a family size KFC bucket every night. Some people hit the booze , others fire up a crack pipe. He has pizza hut on speed dial. The guy is clearly very distressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLse2nVqxY

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I would leave and become the worlds best basketball player

Not a bad plan!

Holy poo poo people are still giving money to this train wreck.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I'm so glad I learned how to create a cult. Thanks Chris Roberts. Thanks Sandi! Why hadn't I thought of praying on the mentally ill before?!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

excellent music choice

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

So, apparently 2.1 will be out before Christmas. I'll bet it's the Million Mile High Club stuff to get extra money from poor backers.

quote:

17:51 Q: WHAT’S YOUR FEELING REGARDING 2.0 PTU EXPERIENCE? ANY DOWNSIDES TO SUCH FREQUENT PATCHING?

A: Only downside was the cost of pushing that much data. However the upsides were faster iterations which resulted in a final build 100 times more stable than the first! Testing with thousands of players allows us to find issues we simply can’t with 25 QA staff. Overall it was a great experience, we’re going to continue to use this approach next year and improve it with automated crash reporting and the like!

0 * 100 = 0

Also lol, how did their 25QA staff not find any of those severe crashes.

http://imperialnews.network/2015/12/10-chairman-episode-72-transcript/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is Croberts arrested yet?

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

no_recall posted:

I raise you this

Sigh...challenge accepted...lovely photoshop incoming.

Source Images:
http://imgur.com/a/dudgb

Ffycchi fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 15, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
...so I heard something about alpha 2.0, and 100m raised, and then I decided to check up on the SA thread to get the straight dope and maybe see if the Avenger finally got the front gun unfucked.

....hoooooooooo poo poo, I think I need to get some more nog, dump in some whiskey, and block out a good long while to read through everything in the OP.

Also, looking into black market selling the account.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

...so I heard something about alpha 2.0, and 100m raised, and then I decided to check up on the SA thread to get the straight dope and maybe see if the Avenger finally got the front gun unfucked.

....hoooooooooo poo poo, I think I need to get some more nog, dump in some whiskey, and block out a good long while to read through everything in the OP.

Also, looking into black market selling the account.

Get a (refund|chargeback), Citizen.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Daztek posted:

So, apparently 2.1 will be out before Christmas. I'll bet it's the Million Mile High Club stuff to get extra money from poor backers.

0 * 100 = 0

Also lol, how did their 25QA staff not find any of those severe crashes.

http://imperialnews.network/2015/12/10-chairman-episode-72-transcript/

There servers are currently 16 player limited and they couldn't find these bugs with 25 QA testers, 90% of which seem to stem from the amount of players on the server.

Something doesn't add up......

EDIT: Also they pushed out a semi-public alpha without automatic big reporting. What's the loving point even putting it out if you don't have stuff setup to collect the data properly?

Rudager fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 15, 2015

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ever wanted to be part of the Million Mile High Club? Now is your chance!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can MMHC be spawned as a ship?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Berious posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3wur4g/so_you_like_to_click_the_baitsdo_you/

Lots of cultists mad that CIG isn't getting unalloyed suckjobs anymore. Some fine reading.

[–]IDoNotAgreeWithYouScout 5 points 9 hours ago
Who cares? Ignore them and keep the money running in, no press is bad press.

Is that Sandi's reddit account?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

skaboomizzy posted:

I love how pants-shittingly terrified they are that someone else would dare to interact with them in a video game or even on a message board in a disagreeable (to them) manner. How do these people function in the outside world where someone might dare to tell them "no" or "I'm sorry, your fursuit is not acceptable to wear to the office for casual Friday"?

"Look i'm just HYPOTHETICALLY (pathetically) saying that MAAAAAYBE, like, possibly....n-no don't b-b-ban MEEEEEE! 'll be good!! I swear!"
They're like hostages with AK's pointed at them.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Daztek posted:

Get a (refund|chargeback), Citizen.

Got some quick bullet points on how to get a refund you can link me to? I'm nine tabs deep into reading stuff, and don't want to lose my place.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

Ever wanted to be part of the Million Mile High Club? Now is your chance!

Star Citizen, spend $10k to get something or copy and rename a folder.

Decisions, decisions.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Trip report on 2.0 live: Still can't change about half of the keybinds. :cripes:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

Trip report on 2.0 live: Still can't change about half of the keybinds. :cripes:

It's still pre-alpha, don't worry. It's a known issue, everything is normal. Do you know nothing about games development?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sandi didn't like the bouncer for some reason, so they changed him from the video preview they did on around the verse.

He's me having a photo taken with him.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP posted:

Sandi didn't like the bouncer for some reason, so they changed him from the video preview they did on around the verse.

Wasn't he a tad darker?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Got some quick bullet points on how to get a refund you can link me to? I'm nine tabs deep into reading stuff, and don't want to lose my place.

Submit a ticket and wait. Wednesday will be week 6 in queue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

I hope they thoroughly ensure no unauthorized people manage to squeeze in there otherwise that's gonna look like the Bataclan every other day.

• Locked thread