Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

takeaway salad???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

nice timing fluo

i ordered a takeaway and got chips instead of the salad i asked for and kind of feel like complaining

Salad?

you buying a gyro or something

Fluo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 14, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Vitamins posted:

takeaway salad???

Only time i ever see takeaway-salad is when you order a curry and it comes in that little plastic bag and its 2 week old iceberg soggy with half a tomato

Normally goes in the bin

Make your own salad ffs its not hard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i doubt i'd have eaten it anyway and i didn't eat the chips but they gave me the wrong thing

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

i doubt i'd have eaten it anyway and i didn't eat the chips but they gave me the wrong thing

What else did you order

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Fluo posted:

What else did you order

Couscous

Fluo
May 25, 2007

With mange tout?!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jose posted:

nice timing fluo

i ordered a takeaway and got chips instead of the salad i asked for and kind of feel like complaining

You got a salad.

Potato salad.

Chip salad, is what I'm getting at.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im in too much pain today to make the planned fish pie, so i made a massive steak sandwich instead

it was filthy and delicious

e:

for those of you yet to finish your christmas shopping:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cadbury-Chomp-Bar-Pack-60/dp/B009JS3PBU/

admittedly you pay a premium of 5p/bar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've never had a good steak sandwich idk what the trick is to making it not a pain in the arse to eat you end up just pulling huge chunks of steak out and get left with bread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i fried the bit of the bread that was going to come into contact with the steak, thereby sort of toasting it and providing extra structure + grip

also i used half a loaf of tiger bread, not like sliced bread, giving grip on the outside

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

but you still end up just pulling steak out with your teeth unless you really go to work on it

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

i've never had a good steak sandwich idk what the trick is to making it not a pain in the arse to eat you end up just pulling huge chunks of steak out and get left with bread

try this next time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5y2voEWJ6U

remember to cut against the grain when doing the slices

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i linked that itt earlier but i'd just rather eat more steak than gently caress around with bread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't gently caress around with bread, i eat it

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

i linked that itt earlier but i'd just rather eat more steak than gently caress around with bread

your best bet really then is just to ask an american in goons with spoons, philly cheese steaks, chicago and their italian beef sandwich and all those etc

every state seems to have to have their own little circlejerk special steak sandwich

my friends seem to always go on about reuben but thats corned beef rather than steak

Fluo
May 25, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i don't gently caress around with bread, i eat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLjx4H2WAHg

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Party Boat posted:

I got some sossiges and Christmas pate off an old man running Pedricko's stall :yum:

and that old man... was pedricko...

if that was soda bread i could do that all day. just ate some soda bread. i like soda bread.

Carpet fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 14, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fluo posted:

your best bet really then is just to ask an american in goons with spoons, philly cheese steaks, chicago and their italian beef sandwich and all those etc

every state seems to have to have their own little circlejerk special steak sandwich

my friends seem to always go on about reuben but thats corned beef rather than steak

it can also be pastrami but its cooked so that it could be shredded so is really easy to eat. most of those steak sandwiches are shaved steak which i guess is the thing i'm not doing.

and italian beef is something totally different and they own though

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I bought a big side of beef today, chopped half and tried to make a stir fry with it. It went well, but I melted a bit of my chopping board.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Fluo posted:

Only time i ever see takeaway-salad is when you order a curry and it comes in that little plastic bag and its 2 week old iceberg soggy with half a tomato

Normally goes in the bin

I never order the salad, it just kind of turns up with the rest of the food. I always assume it's intended as an offering to some Hindu bin god and act accordingly.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I bought a big side of beef today, chopped half and tried to make a stir fry with it. It went well, but I melted a bit of my chopping board.

The chopping board stays OUT of the pan; remember that next time.

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

I ate an entire Co Op cake.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Party Boat posted:

I got some sossiges and Christmas pate off an old man running Pedricko's stall :yum:

Was he German? That's my housemate. He's ex German special forces and terrifying.

I'm still off with the flu

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Pedricko posted:

Was he German? That's my housemate. He's ex German special forces and terrifying.

I'm still off with the flu

yeah, I did not stairs him

Mrs B and I had some of the pate, good stuff

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
grow your own lettuce

remember to cut against the grain

stab yourself in the face

hello

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
How come no one grows their own baccy is it really hard?

Today is a good Tuesday I have a works Christmas party gonna have a Michelin star lunch then make poor life choices and drink till tomorrow morning.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I too also had cold beef as part of dinner last night, half price roasting joints on at sainsburys innt.

My bedroom door fell off its hinges because the screws were crap :(

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Can someone with a huge bank account and an actual payment method upgrade me to a premium account for christmas (blinks very fast like the ladies in old cartoons)

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
If anyone fancies a chance at having a go on the ScotRail train driving simulator, chuck £5 in this Just Giving for a chance to win!

http://www.justgiving.com/Simulator

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

StoneOfShame posted:

How come no one grows their own baccy is it really hard?

Today is a good Tuesday I have a works Christmas party gonna have a Michelin star lunch then make poor life choices and drink till tomorrow morning.

i think its the drying that is hard and also maybe illegal

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Jose posted:

i think its the drying that is hard and also maybe illegal

You would also need a good shredding device unless you would roll long leaf like with a proper cigar, it would probably be a real hassle. Its before midday and I have a glass of wine, there is no way this ends well.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fluo posted:

Hi fake American here. Worth noting American corned beef is wildly different than our corned beef and is actually tasty.

(Michigan doesn't have a special steak sandwich. It does have 'coneys', which are hot dogs topped with chili, though).

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Hold on a sec...you mean in The Toon? Or are you on your travels? :ohdearsass:

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Just got a £1,500 a year pay rise :getin:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I had a day in Salford for mystery business / stalking Taff

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Ah bugger. No saus/pâté for me then :(

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
im off work in 30 minutes for 5 days

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

im the busiest I've been all year because the xmas panic has set in and a bunch of dumb cunts with no time management skills decided to pass off a load of projects in this last week

praying for death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Bozza posted:

Just got a £1,500 a year pay rise :getin:

How much will it cost to make the trains run on time