Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Got some quick bullet points on how to get a refund you can link me to? I'm nine tabs deep into reading stuff, and don't want to lose my place.

Uhh, someone posted it somewhere in this thread, but I don't have a link handy, you might stumble on it at some point :v:

Million Mile High Club

quote:

[–]dostro89CMDR 10 points an hour ago
I still really don't understand why CIG has been flaunting this and so proud. Hell it was 90% of that live stream.
Yes it looks nice but its something that only a fraction of a fraction of the population is going to have access and its a non thing with few gameplay implications. Compared to a ship, landing zone, store, gun, missile, shield, component or even a normal bar, its nothing, insignificant, its why it can be given to a very few.
I don't mind it being made at this early stage, I do mind it being flaunted incessantly.

quote:

[–]UnderdogSMO 5 points an hour ago
Frankly I just think it shows that CIG is attempting to stand by there strech goles and give people that supported hevaly early on an extra (and cosmetic) bonus. Yes it's a location but it dosnt really add anything to the game.
And know I can't get there with out an invite myself.
To many people want something for nothing

quote:

[–]dostro89CMDR 2 points 37 minutes ago
On this point, there are a lot of other rewards/stretchgoal that CIG could have prioritized over this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3wwzza/million_mile_high_club/cxzl98r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"stand by there strech goles" is good.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Prepare your BODIES for what's coming next!! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list

Mirificus posted:

I see they're prioritizing the Million Mile High Club.

Is it me or did this list go missing :tinfoil:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've been playing EVE since 2009. I had no idea it was "near turned based" combat. I also had no idea that while Star Citizen is doing everything EVE is doing "but better" it's also "Not much in common with EvE"

Weird.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Star Citizen, spend $10k to get something or copy and rename a folder.

Decisions, decisions.

I wonder how many suckers whom paid :shepspends: will throw a tempi tantrum because lower class pleb's can get into there exclusive .jpeg area.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Sandi didn't like the bouncer for some reason, so they changed him from the video preview they did on around the verse.

He's me having a photo taken with him.

SelenicMartian posted:

Wasn't he a tad darker?
Yeah he was a black guy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

phosdex posted:

Submit a ticket and wait. Wednesday will be week 6 in queue!

Is there a particular section of the TOS I should cite? Seems suspiciously straightforward.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bought the Freelancer, haven't tried SC out yet.

quote:

I was one of the many people that recognised SC for what it is - a massive space sim that has a great universe to explore.
So, I put down $120 and got myself the Freelancer level at the Kickstarter stage.
I've resolved to not play it until A) I've gotten a better PC and B) The universe/game is more or less complete.
Has anyone else held off playing for a long time so that the game still feels 'new' when fully released, or has everyone gone 'nahh I'm jumping in right now!'
FYI the PC I'm playing on is a i5 750, GTX770 and 12 Gb RAM.

So, he's never going to play it? :psyduck:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Sandi didn't like the bouncer for some reason, so they changed him from the video preview they did on around the verse.

He's me having a photo taken with him.

For some reason I feel much less intimidated. Thanks CIG.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Good job he's waiting because I think he'd get maybe 2 FPS with that PC

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Good job he's waiting because I think he'd get maybe 2 FPS with that PC

His GTX770 is almost as powerful as a GTX970, which is a $300 graphics card. Is performance really that lovely?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

quote:

So yeah, I'm considering going ahead and asking for a refund. Need to think on it a bit more, because there were moments of fun, but way too hard to get right now.
Remember that you can always buy back into the game if they release anything that isn't a buggy mess, but get your money out now while you still can.

That's what I keep telling people as well. The end result is that all those hassle you can get in a $60 game.

The potential is there. But it all goes back to what I've said over and over, despite the fact that they have great engineers over there, none of them - not a single one - has any experience building the sort of game that croberts wants to build. And so they're all on a massive learning curve.

If they ever release anything resembling a "game", we'd be looking at something that could've been made for $20m. Which means they get to keep all that money. Legally. That pisses me off to no end; and I'm never - ever - going to let them get away with it.

I can't wait to see how they try to spin SQ42 (I am expecting a reveal in tomorrow's stream) into a sales pitch when Star Citizen still remains such an unattainable goal. But they will.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

Raping pirates i can deal with, but black men in MY universe?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3wur4g/so_you_like_to_click_the_baitsdo_you/cxzlmll

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Mysteriously, despite the reminder that down votes aren't a dislike button, all of Beers posts are down voted to hell. Not a cult, though.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Daztek posted:

Ever wanted to be part of the Million Mile High Club? Now is your chance!

Wait, so the position of stuff in game is determined by file location on the HDD?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

That's him in the lighter skin tone.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

They really need to stop comparing and 'winning' against games that already exist. They seem to always use the present tense when talking about the non-existent-but-maybe-later poo poo in Star Citizen.

serious norman posted:

Wait, so the position of stuff in game is determined by file location on the HDD?

It is a top down approach to software engineering. Christ, that isn't even a joke.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 15, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gerblyn posted:

His GTX770 is almost as powerful as a GTX970, which is a $300 graphics card. Is performance really that lovely?

It runs like total poo poo. I've got a GTX 780 and it constantly struggles to the point the framerate drops to single digits at times.

The "it's a pre-alpha" excuse is loving bs. I don't care if it's an early release devs should not be pushing out something that performs this badly to the public. Getting your game to run smoothly should be a priority, no? If they can't even get it at an acceptable framerate now without all the features and content, how the gently caress's it going to cope later on?

I think there's something fundamentally broken and I can't see how it's ever going to be fixed. CryEngine was a very poor choice. Even Crysis, made by the guys who built the thing, never felt quite right and that was a much more limited scope. Croberts & crew trying to hammer this slightly wonky engine into an open world MMO with gameplay which absolutely relies on responsive feedback and excellent performance is a loving joke.

Haha look at his stupid tiny head.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Can anyone explain why Shart Shitizens love throwing the term "high fidelity" around like it's going out of style?

I mean, it's a terrible choice of term given it can mean "faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief, demonstrated by continuing loyalty and support." or "the degree of exactness with which something is copied or reproduced." They obviously mean the second one (as in Croberts is going to live up to his promises in... two weeks), but given the constant comparisons to a cult, I can't help but read it every time with the first definition in mind.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

If they ever release anything resembling a "game", we'd be looking at something that could've been made for $20m. Which means they get to keep all that money. Legally. That pisses me off to no end; and I'm never - ever - going to let them get away with it.

You think they can make the game for double what your current game costs? That seems to be lowballing a bit. A lot of superfluous poo poo costs a lot of superfluous money! You have said in the past that this hasn't been personal and you are doing it for the good of gaming/morality/something but it has been sounding super personal lately.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

serious norman posted:

I'd love to know what happens if two people join the same map after one of them has swapped their files around.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 15, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

alphabettitouretti posted:

Haha look at his stupid tiny head.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Watch out, inciting such discussion could earn you a 10 year ban/probation from Lesnick!

gently caress that fat useless bastard who will gladly sacrifice his wife just to serve croberts!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

jaegerx posted:

That video after they fired the nice girl where lesnick looked like he was ruined was just the best, was that chelsea or something? Someone find that video where he says that star citizen marches on and the evil sandi was in the background just rolling her eyes.

Yeah. I think that was Chelsea Day (Travis Day's wife). Everyone loved her.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Rudager posted:

quote:

So, apparently 2.1 will be out before Christmas. I'll bet it's the Million Mile High Club stuff to get extra money from poor backers.

0 * 100 = 0

Also lol, how did their 25QA staff not find any of those severe crashes.

http://imperialnews.network/2015/12...-72-transcript/
There servers are currently 16 player limited and they couldn't find these bugs with 25 QA testers, 90% of which seem to stem from the amount of players on the server.

Something doesn't add up......

EDIT: Also they pushed out a semi-public alpha without automatic big reporting. What's the loving point even putting it out if you don't have stuff setup to collect the data properly?

This is shocking, why? You do realize that, from the get-go, they've been lying their collective asses off, right?

It wasn't ready. They rushed out 2.0 in order to get money for the anniversary sale. Period. End of story.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EminusSleepus posted:

gently caress that fat useless bastard who will gladly sacrifice his wife just to serve croberts!
He brought her to work there so she's probably already in the contract small print somewhere.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

quote:

Is it me or did this list go missing :tinfoil:

Well they did say "subject to change". So they uhm, completely nerfed it. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Is there a particular section of the TOS I should cite? Seems suspiciously straightforward.

No.

1) Tell them that you are not happy with the progress, that you're tired of waiting, and that what you've seen/played thus far, doesn't lead you to believe that the game will ever be completed as pitched, or even in the foreseeable future.

2) Then they're probably going to ask you if it was that rear end in a top hat Derek Smart, or that GamerGate bitch over at The Escapist, who influenced you.

Repeat the original statement in #1 above.

They'd probably reply, quoting you as if you admitted to step #2

Repeat statements in step #1

Then you get to wait. Give them a least a week

Then threaten a chargeback

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gerblyn posted:

Yes. And it's exactly as I've said since July; that the visual fidelity they're shooting for, is never - ever - going to make this game playable in any fashion if/when they completed it.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yes. And it's exactly as I've said since July; that the visual fidelity they're shooting for, is never - ever - going to make this game playable in any fashion if/when they completed it.

By the time it's out the 970 will be an ancient card.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I'm still not convinced this isn't some kind of Scientology MMORPG.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

jfc

e:waaaaiiit a minute. Is wesha seraph?

Seraph would probably write the exact opposite of what is visible in those screenshots, so I'm guessing "nope"

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tace Vim posted:

I'm still not convinced this isn't some kind of Scientology MMORPG.

I'm pretty sure one of the most glorious things to happen, ever, would be if CR made a special announcement, all the Star Citizen faithful eagerly anticipate...and he reveals he and Sandi have been Scientologists all along and spends, like, 2 hours or so just sperging about Xenu ect.

No chance in hell of it happening, since he has his own cult thing going just fine, but drat would that be epic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just want to know how inept you have to be to gently caress up multicrewing when Air Warrior had that in the mid-90s.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

This is shocking, why? You do realize that, from the get-go, they've been lying their collective asses off, right?

It wasn't ready. They rushed out 2.0 in order to get money for the anniversary sale. Period. End of story.
^this

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

From here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey idiot, I thought they had enough money to finish the game so what does it matter if people suddenly stop buying jpgs because people think its a scam?

• Locked thread