Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

etalian posted:

Dana DeLorenzo is italian not jewish.

I don't know...

1. Has dark hair
2. Is in show business

Sounds like she could be Jewish to me.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

etalian posted:

Dana DeLorenzo is italian not jewish.

Do you even watch the show

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The fact that she's still carrying the meat tenderizer when they approach the compound was loving gold.

Hey, Ash gets the shotgun and chainsaw as signature weapons, Kelly has her meat tenderizer. :black101:

... I wonder if Pablo still has that broken bottle somewhere :lol:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
She literally says she's Jewish in the show, guys. I mean, come on.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NarkyBark posted:

Said it before the previous episode but I'll say it again now, I'm ready for a full episode of Ash vs Hand.

I'm suddenly very uncomfortable with where this thread is going.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Man, Pablo's delivery slays me. "We knew what we were getting into when we joined up with you! Well, we didn't. Not even a little bit."

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I am so confused by Amanda.

She was awful until this episode, then suddenly magic happened and Ash went old-school with the hitting on her while in mortal danger.

Amanda is good now? How is this even...

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

WarLocke posted:

I am so confused by Amanda.

She was awful until this episode, then suddenly magic happened and Ash went old-school with the hitting on her while in mortal danger.

Amanda is good now? How is this even...

Maybe Ash could have prevented all of this by hitting on the Evil in the first place.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Command Ant posted:

Maybe Ash could have prevented all of this by hitting on the Evil in the first place.

Well he did.

That's why it's still after him.

Turns out it only wants to be loved.

And your soul

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
poo poo got too weird too fast, and Ash fancying her was the icing on the cake. She has lost her mind! Not unreasonable on the face of things.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bull3964 posted:

So, something that's been bugging me. In the very first episode, the deadite that killed her partner said "We know who you are!". Is there significance to that which I'm missing or was it foreshadowing that no one seems to be talking about?

Don't forget that after that, the Evil pointed her in the direction of Ash. Ruby also had an interest in her

Something is up with Amanda whether she knows it or not.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

I would guess something about her bloodline and the closing of the portals with the dudes talked about in the bookshop ep, or possibly her being the real el heffe to close the portals

if this were a normal show that is; who knows what they're really going to do at this point

perhaps shes the next el heffe

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobthenameless posted:

I would guess something about her bloodline and the closing of the portals with the dudes talked about in the bookshop ep, or possibly her being the real el heffe to close the portals

if this were a normal show that is; who knows what they're really going to do at this point

perhaps shes the next el heffe

El Jefe

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
La Jefa

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kree Jaffa

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man I am so hype about the cabin.

I want Ash to bust in there like he knows exactly what he's in for. Like, the first thing he does should be kicking down the door, shooting that drat deer head, and then smashing the mirror with the butt of his shotgun.

Then grinding the shards to dust under his boots.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh man I am so hype about the cabin.

I want Ash to bust in there like he knows exactly what he's in for. Like, the first thing he does should be kicking down the door, shooting that drat deer head, and then smashing the mirror with the butt of his shotgun.

Then grinding the shards to dust under his boots.

More realistically he will probably got owned by his own evil hand again

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

More realistically he will probably got owned by his own evil hand again

I like to imagine it brings him a cold beer and the two sit down and reminisce about old times.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Burkion posted:

I like to imagine it brings him a cold beer and the two sit down and reminisce about old times.

The it attempts to strangle him after their Ralph wolf and sheepdog moment.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Can't wait to see Ash get clowned on by his own body parts again. The hand scenes in ED2 are some of the finest acts of pure stoogery ever committed to film.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I figure the hand jumps on a rat trap, but instead of getting caught, it gets launched into Ash's balls.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I feel like Starz missed a trick by not making a webisode of the hand murdering its way back to the cabin.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hands gonna open the book at the worst moment, a huge CGI effect with demons and hellfire bursting everyone is going to come into picture, Amanda and Pedro are screaming in all the chaos, the dust settles, and the Hands all up in Ash's face picking his nose and poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Can't wait to see Ash get clowned on by his own body parts again. The hand scenes in ED2 are some of the finest acts of pure stoogery ever committed to film.

My favorite tidbit about Evil Dead 2 is how they had to re-record the sound over that scene because the crew couldn't suppress their laughter :allears:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

bull3964 posted:

I feel like Starz missed a trick by not making a webisode of the hand murdering its way back to the cabin.
Yes, that sure would have been a neat trick. Filming an episode that's filled with the most complicated / expensive thing to animate in the whole show, then releasing it for free on the internet. Why didn't they think of that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Are the ratings good for this show? I'm worried its gonna get canceled after two seasons.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer
I'm really not sure what Starz are expecting from the ratings. The critical acclaim has been great, but the show only seems to be getting 400k-450k viewers a week. We may all have to order Starz to keep this show going.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That's why I wish it was on Netflix.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer
Don't get me wrong I don't want to be all doom and gloom on the ratings, They might be the numbers Starz is looking for, I just don't know. Quotes like this from a Vanity Fair article give me hope, "Given the notoriety of the “Evil Dead” film franchise, Starz had no trouble selling “Ash Vs. Evil Dead” to TV outlets in more than 100 territories worldwide."
So the actual ratings on Starz may not mean anything to them if they are making money selling the show to other outlets.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Ratings on premium channels don't matter. Subscriptions matter.

Starz obviously saw an upswing in subs going into the start of the season and were able to reasonably attribute it to the show which is why it got greenlit for a second season so soon.

Starz also has direct metrics for streaming and unlike a non-premium channel, streaming matters JUST as much as non-streaming since you need a sub to do it and there are no ads.

Finally, Starz opening up subs on Amazon will likely be huge for the show since there are a ton of cord cutters out there that had no legal way to watch the show before now.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Starz is also appealing to a bunch of crowds all at once, as evidence by all the commercials for their other shows right before Ash.

They have DaVinci's Demons for the middle-age club who loves The DaVinci Code, they have the dancing show for the Pretty Little Liars crowd, etc.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Demons has been canceled and the final season is over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Burkion posted:

Well he did.

That's why it's still after him.

Turns out it only wants to be loved.

And your soul

Spits or swallows?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Spits or swallows?

https://youtu.be/VJBwB2g1tyQ

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Episode 8 may be the best episode so far.

It swings more horror than comedy. I love this show but I do think it needs to have a few more serious horror elements in it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This episode is so good. They even brought Denise Bixler back in a full non-cameo scene.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Deadulus posted:

Episode 8 may be the best episode so far.

It swings more horror than comedy. I love this show but I do think it needs to have a few more serious horror elements in it.

It certainly seemed like the best episode to me since the first episode, probably even better.

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This episode is so good. They even brought Denise Bixler back in a full non-cameo scene.
Not her :( According to the credits it's Rebekkah Farrell.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Takei is Okay posted:

Not her :( According to the credits it's Rebekkah Farrell.

If Linda ever shows up again, I hope we get yet another recasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That was a fantastic episode.

• Locked thread