Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Snapchat A Titty posted:

More sad than funny.

This is the thread explicitly for funny forum quotes. Not your favorite quotes in general. This distinction is important because the last quote threads have all devolved into hellthreads and when people got called out on it they just said "these are my favorite quotes :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sharzak posted:

This is the thread explicitly for funny forum quotes. Not your favorite quotes in general. This distinction is important because the last quote threads have all devolved into hellthreads and when people got called out on it they just said "these are my favorite quotes :smug:

Funny you should say that...

Nah, sorry. I just had to quote it and didn't know where else. I'll stick to funy quotes from now on. :tipshat:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

some people have a different sense of humor

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Dragonwagon posted:

I finally managed to scrape together a full set of pool balls in Fallout 4. Time to set them up on the table!

:negative:

Dragonwagon posted:

No big deal though, Bethesda's modding community is known to make mods that change rack and/or ball sizes.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Angela Christine posted:

The 'jews run the world' conspiracy always makes me feel bad for unsuccessful jews. :( I can just imagine being a kid who has read about it thinking he is going to get clued in after his bar mitzva -- but nothing. Maybe it's like studying the Kabbalah and you're supposed to wait until you're 40. 40 comes and goes, and still no invite to the illuminati. Finally he goes and asks a kindly old Rabbi. The Rabbi sits him down and says, "Yes, it's all true, but you won't be getting an invitation. I'm sorry, Hershel, but you're a schmuck."

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

In the Stephen King thread, we kid because we love:

oldpainless posted:

I remember In [On] Writing king said he has absolutely no time for bad books whatsoever and then releases a pile of poo poo.

Something to be learned there

syscall girl posted:

If you meet the Buddha Stephen King walking down the road...

Aquarium Gravel posted:

Run him over? It's been tried.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mr.Bob posted:

Sometimes you have to make your entertainment?

No, the driver circuts that controlled the on and off function were fried. I guess i could have if i wired to to be constantly on when it it was plugged in but that would have been a bad idea, so the toggle switch.
Speaking of bad ideas, somewhere around here I have a motion activated birdhouse/food processor combination (Never used, I am not a monster and I like birds.). That thing is a hoot, it will chew up a pencil pretty quick.
:stare:

but thankfully

Mr.Bob posted:

It is pretty much what it sounds like, I somehow ended up with a birdhouse painted by some random kid and i had a food processor and i put the two together with some electrical bits and a motion detector. It would turn on with a five second delay if i stuck anything in the bird house hole.

Edit for I like birds. And would not hurt one.

Enourmo posted:

ok so its just a gimmick housing for the food processor and it doesnt sit outside or anything

because the alternative is positively psychopathic

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Dec 14, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

RandomFerret posted:

Soulex posted:

The Japanese make the best t shirts.

Case in point I bought this on Takeshita street.

Soulex is right though. That t-shirt owns and I don't even give a poo poo about Star Wars.

So it's a pencil sharpener?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

a goon spent no money to build a machine that kills songbirds, entirely on purpose

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

So it's a pencil sharpener?
Yes, in so far as a food processor is a pencil sharpener.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Dec 29, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jenny Agutter posted:

a goon spent no money to build a machine that kills songbirds, entirely on purpose

well it sounds like one but apparently it's still just a food processor, but in a different housing, that isn't used to mulch songbirds, as insanely and hilariously psychotic as that would have been

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

well it sounds like one but apparently it's still just a food processor, but in a different housing, that isn't used to mulch songbirds, as insanely and hilariously psychotic as that would have been

I've read this over and over and I still can't wrap my head around it. Why make it look like a birdhouse?
"Haha, I filled this Snickers with razors! I'd never give it to any kids of course, but isn't that just the craziest?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Das Boo posted:

I've read this over and over and I still can't wrap my head around it. Why make it look like a birdhouse?
"Haha, I filled this Snickers with razors! I'd never give it to any kids of course, but isn't that just the craziest?"

Nothing is going to happen, no one is going to hurt the birds. It's the implication.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
But why?!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Das Boo posted:

But why?!

maybe he's too wacky and quirky for you huh!!!!!! bet you don't even laugh at big bang theory

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

sweeperbravo posted:

maybe he's too wacky and quirky for you huh!!!!!! bet you don't even laugh at big bang theory

So if I make literal death traps and don't use them, can I be fun and wacky too? :ohdear:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Das Boo posted:

So if I make literal death traps and don't use them, can I be fun and wacky too? :ohdear:

Most signs point to yes

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

zoux posted:

Nothing is going to happen, no one is going to hurt the birds. It's the implication.

Switch the housing to a My Little Pony fleshlight and leave it sitting around a Magic: the Gathering convention.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

:cawg:

loving lol thanks I needed a Grinch project :roflolmao:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Missing the trap part. Let's stick it in a jack-in-the-box.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Smythe posted:

Computer error messages putting words in my mouth. forcing me to use its tone and genered language. It's loving passive aggressive and honestly Creepy as gently caress :stare: It's like Error. Okay... then it's like "Alright, Let's Get Hopping Along" and I'm LIKE WTF!? I don't say Hopping Along, and Frankly, I don't like being told what I say and what I don't say by some "Man" in Redmond. It's like - WOW! I'll respond to this stack trace in my own voice, TYVM. :owned:

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Jenny Agutter posted:

it's times like these that I'm glad to have dropped 15 euro on a message board thing

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

oh hey it me

im still kinda :shepface: at that whole exchange

goons gonna goon i guess

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
he should gently caress the bird house

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sham bam bamina! posted:

he should gently caress the bird house

It sure hosed the thread

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Context: a dubious article about silicon valley CEOs supporting Trump.

shiksa posted:

as i spoke with my confidential super rich and powerful source, i noticed the framed memes decorating his office. some would be just at home on the front page of reddit, a site my source laments has been overrun with sjws "worse than the KKK". others however took a different turn, with more risque and controversial material that my contact doesn't share openly with lower-level employees. as i was admiring some of the more private memes on his wall, he walked behind me and whispered in my ear "/pol/ was right."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sweevo posted:

i was pissing at an airport once and an american guy in one of the stalls kept saying "YEAH, THAT'S THE TICKET!" really loudly every time he managed to squeeze a piece out

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Machai posted:

some people have a different sense of humor

he himself said it was more sad than funny!!!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Anatharon posted:

he himself said it was more sad than funny!!!

More Funny Than Sad Forums Quotes: What a time to be a nitpicker

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

haejajaekjak posted:

I've been playing Tribes at an elite level, the same as or better than players like Matin or RTCLL (and definitely way better than fireinasa or mabel or mstarr) for 15 years and have been offered money through small salary to play it at different times over my career.

Here's a video narrated review and analysis I did on Tribes Ascend: PTS vs. Live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljUHoiSYHLA

Here's a youtube channel with many Competitive Tribes Fragging Playlists from various Tribes channels over 15 years.

https://www.youtube.com/user/spockhammer

haejajaekjak posted:

T;A is a heavily dumbed down game for casuals and needs to go the route of Tribes 1 LT PRO MODE (you know where we got paid salary to play the game and then moved on to Overwatch and got paid salary there too) like the Lightweight Perk was starting to do but on Steroids.

There is nothing insane about wanting a high skill level required game that attracts spectators and plays like basketball or hockey. And just because it's hard doesn't mean it has to exclude casuals. It can just be a game mode or mod like "blitz" or whatever.

That;s what my pastor troy music thing was about.

Also when rynex reads this.

I just wanted to say.

Welcome to FYAD Tribes noobie ignorant idiot <3 Dare :-D

haejajaekjak posted:

I'm not arguing that at all. I'm simply stating that T:A's competitive community suffered because the game was overly dumbed down and not as robust for the competitive gamer as most competitive Tribes players would have liked.

Especially people that are into E-Sports and Pro Gaming.

Also to the other guy.

I enjoy the air strafing mechanic in T:A immensely as someone that competes in CPMA, Reflex, and Quake.

I just want the game not to be so ground hugging.

It's a Tribes game so you should expect there to be much higher and consistent aerial acrobatics and less of a Real Life Ski simulator where you're always hugging the ground.

haejajaekjak posted:

iceridge not sb but good description

sb is the one with the flags inside and really big tall hills and they on top and u spam from the hill mortars down on tiny people cuz ur a loving loser
then u go camp the base inside where ppl respawn and kill them more times

sometimes u kill them 50 times in a row

hoily gently caress

ya t1 was the best of the best of the series

but the best of the best of the best of the series was Tribes 1 LT (every pro from every major mod came together - base, arena, duel, renegeades, shifter, meltdown :D, annihilation, etc, as one big family, and we all agreed, this was where the pro scene should be, the skill, everything encapsulating tribes, a truly great skillful game on par with quake CPMA (competitive pro mode arena). so they made Tribes 1 LT :'-)

Soon there's going to be newly marketed games in this genre of "fps-z" type games with jetpacks and rockets.

this game format works best with tribes 1 LT style ctf. if you guys want to know the history check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes1 it's a great resource it's modded by some of the best people to ever play tribes (they get voted this). a couple of them have won cash tourneys, one is on the #1 Overwatch Pro team right now Team Hubris.

these new games will probably not be clones of tribes 1 LT, but they can have a Tribes 1 5v5 LT style e-sports format/game mode and probably will in some form. so i definitely suggest you check them out as this is the direction the series is head in in the future - while still remaining to its multiple armor/class/position roots and offering that to casuals.

all games need a pro mode democratically discussed and decided by the pros IMO.

haejajaekjak posted:

basically these arrogant game devs and casuals get ahold of this series.

then they try to reimagine it while it was never broken from the original (which only got popular because the game had a glitch and was broken in the first place and drm free word of mouth marketing and distribution)

every time the casuals and egotistical devs do this the community completely divides, the pro community abdicates to new games (like chump and talespin did with Overwatch and are now #1 in the ESL @ it) and people get dramatic

the pros are never listened to they leave, a new group of pros come in severely more arrogant less skilled and blind than the historical guys that have been playing for 18 years since they were 10 LOL

these new casual "pros" cry for changes to be made for the game to cater to their low skill level to make them feel good like they're actually good fps gamers, the game gets dumbed down even more. no one wants to play the dumbed down game, even more ppl leave

eventually its just the casual devs and their hardcore fan base of casuals and even their casual pros leave because they aren't getting the ego fix or attention they crave by being #1 at the easiest video game of all time.

the most major ironic and great thing imo was oldschool players coming back to t;a and owning all the new school guys and causing them to quit their own claim to fame game

anyway the series is totally hosed and no one wants to play a basketball game where the rules change every other day to reward the worst players.

this is why im most comfortable playing http://reflexfps.net/ or https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes1

with truly skilled fps players, not cod/cs/console noobies like what ascend attracted.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

haejajaekjak posted:

dunno whats more pathetic, the group of gbs losers trying to vote rig their way into competitive esports on /r/Tribes or the fact that i got a shitload of stalkers from writing a post about player league regulation and unions.

im not going to play a game that rewards casuals that have to vote rigg reddit to feel good while the game population stays uncompetitive and dead neither are any real e-sports organizations or former pros, or current pros with agents, as has been publicly stated.

i realize there are a lot of hurt egos, money on the table, success and failure, possibly firings,

idc about any of this though

the co-founder of hirez contacted me about game ideas and the last bunch of employees they had all lied about their credentials and pedigree of "tribes pro best ever for 12 years" status, HiRezAPC, and some game testers etc.

the quake: ascend prefab physics they provide are a good competitive start but it needs a lot more tweaking

im glad they're reaching out to the historical pros more though like 5150, tribes 1 LT, natural, etc, and won't be surprised if one of my friends ends up with some streamer/game design or talk show type gig

we still have the best/most beautiful tribes playing womyn around Br0n who will come to this t:a game and kick every scrubs butt on stream 4 cash :"-)
she grew up with 4 older brothers who all played competitive tribes for 15 years and has played since she was less than 10

her brother is now a sportscaster

esports is business i do not enjoy partaking in and wish to deal with briefly. but t:a is most likely not going to take off without major reworks even if casuals or t2 pubbies enjoy it.

circle jerking each other isnt going to change this

<2 *hugs and kiss* every1 $$ dare :-)

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

More like Dia-Tribes am I right

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Six hours at 2 in the morning.

PleasureKevin posted:

shut up

Smythe posted:

*cackling* the destruction of my enemies!!! the final obliteration of the foe!! long have we been embroiled in warfare and at times I was sure my doom was immenent. but in the end, on this day, as the sun sets on the battlefield and the moonglow echos off the hilt of thy fallen blade - it is I who stands alone. It is mine whos boots mark the battlefield. I shall survive. I have persevered. I shall not miss you. I loath you. Your vile body disgusts me even now, in death.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Das Boo posted:

Here is the thing about Goon Bird Death House:

It's like owning a gun. Just because you have one, that doesn't mean you're going to shoot anybody with it. But you still have it.

EDIT: Maybe a sword would be a better example in this case.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

It's like owning a gun. Just because you have one, that doesn't mean you're going to shoot anybody with it. But you still have it.

Right. Going on and on about it and describing its structure only indicates that you are intending to impress people with your potential to maim or kill. The "'No birds will be harmed, I love 'em, I promise!' Santa said with a wink," stuff is there to mitigate creepiness and yet does the exact opposite

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

yeah I plan to never use my automatic bird crusher on actual birds, but anyway, as I was saying, I have carefully calibrated a five second delay into it as the optimal bird crushing time to give the bird enough time to get inside but not enough time for it to realize that something is wrong

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Not really. Nobody ever sighed as they drew their birdhouse.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cock hero flux posted:

yeah I plan to never use my automatic bird crusher on actual birds

You'll never convince me that you're not feverishly posting your disgusting results on some bird murdering fetish website

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

bird murdering fetish website

Pet Island?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

:drat: