Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a public service announcement to all: the next time you load up noby noby boy you'll get to see all this, so there's no reason to spoil the experience by viewing it online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Incredible. loving incredible.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au_jnd5PSvU

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm so proud of GIRL

Soral
May 30, 2009

welcome home!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

me, teary eyed: th-thats... thats great... excuse me.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Incredible. loving incredible.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i looked at the game, and it looks like one person submitted 6.5 trillion meters and thats how it ended. theres empty leaderboards for all the planets between the sun and earth too, girl skipped right over all of them. as for me? well, i may not have contributed as much as i would have liked, and i wasn't there for the final stretch like i wanted to be (knowing one person basically skipped to the end eases my pain though...), but i'm proud of the part i played in getting girl across the solar system, and will hold noby noby boy in my heart, where he will continue to stretch and grow until it explodes and i die. so long, BOY. so long, GIRL.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 15, 2015

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

lumpy what did you do to these people https://twitter.com/mylittlepwnies3/status/673179845451497473

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Did he actually make that post.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

i dont know. also is space funeral good and should i play it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

NickRoweFillea posted:

i dont know. also is space funeral good and should i play it

first of all why do you ask that all of a sudden. and two yes its fantastic and cool and everyone should play it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i looked at the game, and it looks like one person submitted 6.5 trillion meters and thats how it ended. theres empty leaderboards for all the planets between the sun and earth too, girl skipped right over all of them. as for me? well, i may not have contributed as much as i would have liked, and i wasn't there for the final stretch like i wanted to be (knowing one person basically skipped to the end eases my pain though...), but i'm proud of the part i played in getting girl across the solar system, and will hold noby noby boy in my heart, where he will continue to stretch and grow until it explodes and i die. so long, BOY. so long, GIRL.

Very good. Do you think the 6.5 trillion was a hack or did they just bump the multiplier to an insane number

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why would you bring this into the noby noby boy thread, on today of all days. gently caress You.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

Very good. Do you think the 6.5 trillion was a hack or did they just bump the multiplier to an insane number

they bumped the multiplier, according to people in the know. supposedly we would've made it in about a month even if they hadn't bumped it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPygbSDWu_U

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

rediscover posted:

I copypasted that from /v/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Or from a pastebin of a copypasted set of /v/ posts anyways.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Congratulations, gamers

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I copypasted that from /v/

ok thanks. it took 2489 days for noby noby boy to finish. thats cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au_jnd5PSvU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

they upped the multiplier to 20,015 from 2015 and i am creating powerful numbers

i will get girl to the sun for us all.

doing gods work

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Yechezkel posted:

Letter shown after Girl reached Earth:

:cry:

thats so cool. i like that a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If Noby Noby Boy came out today that letter would be data mined out of it by Day 2 and that hypothetical situation makes me sad

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Yechezkel posted:

That's powerful

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

they upped the multiplier from 20,015 to 2,000,015. lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

they upped the multiplier from 20,015 to 2,000,015. lol.

Haha cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

If Noby Noby Boy came out today that letter would be data mined out of it by Day 2 and that hypothetical situation makes me sad

gently caress data miners

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
2015. just something i n oticed. i notice these things because i took the red pill on september 11 2001. just kidding

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

gently caress data miners

i cant hate on them cos stuff like the cutting room floor website is cool. when i really really like a game i wanna know every single thing about it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant hate on them cos stuff like the cutting room floor website is cool. when i really really like a game i wanna know every single thing about it

that is cool. without them i wouldn't know all the cool 9/11 stuff from mgs2. I'm still glad noby noby boy got an honest conclusion

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the creator of 2015's former game of the year, Undertale, had files in the game data politely asking miners to keep his secrets. it did not work.

Dec 26, 2012

Yechezkel posted:

cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

no they will not posted:

that is cool. without them i wouldn't know all the cool 9/11 stuff from mgs2. I'm still glad noby noby boy got an honest conclusion

the creator of 2015's former game of the year, Undertale, had files in the game data politely asking miners to keep his secrets. it did not work.

Hmmm... Starting to come around, in regards to data miners.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

im sad my PS3 broke and i couldn't be a part of the ending to noby, but i am happy for GIRL. but i am also sad that i think the creator left namco & we'll never see his next great idea

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

im sad my PS3 broke and i couldn't be a part of the ending to noby, but i am happy for GIRL. but i am also sad that i think the creator left namco & we'll never see his next great idea

uh this was at e3 this year you dope!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os8l7Zho2L4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

His new game comes out soon

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

oh wow i am happy to be wrong, sick!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why would you bring this into the noby noby boy thread, on today of all days. gently caress You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

• Locked thread