Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vitamins posted:

i like how every train has its resident drunk glaswegian with a plastic bag full of special brew, is that like part of the package when you buy a train?

well, no. that's the guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm watching star wars episode 2 for the first time since it was in cinemas

It is very bad

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Quote-Unquote posted:

I'm watching star wars episode 2 for the first time since it was in cinemas

It is very bad

episode 1 & 2 are utter poo poo, 3 isn't terrible imo.

4 & 6 are great

5 is the best by far.

7 looks good, got tickets for friday bitches

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bozza posted:

lol yep, we'll just make the trains longer this will not be an issue at all

fucks sake this is like babbys first I don't know what I'm talking about argument

Yeah, longer trains wouldn't fit in the stations.

we should make them taller instead, like double decker buses.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i only have two more horrible rush hour train experiences this year, it's quite good

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Bozza posted:

lol yep, we'll just make the trains longer this will not be an issue at all

fucks sake this is like babbys first I don't know what I'm talking about argument

We just had a new station built nearby with longer platforms because the previous one (which was pretty bloody long) couldn't accommodate current train lengths. Get off of carriage eight at the old station and you'd face plant into a bush, then roll down a fairly steep hill.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I am in Denmark at the moment and they have double decker trains, they are p. good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i only have two more horrible rush hour train experiences this year, it's quite good

i walk to work and it takes 10 minutes its nice

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hisssss

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Move all places next to each other so nobody has to travel anymore
Think outside the box

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Emperor palpatine did nothing wrong
The Jedi are a bunch of petty, authoritarian poo poo heads and it was good that they got wiped out.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Watched some dude on YouTube who reworked the prequels and it was p good.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just rip out the city and fill it up with a nice lake. The Square Mile boating lake, cesspool and body disposal centre.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm buying a house that will let me walk to work when we move offices even if it now takes 30-40 minutes

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Bozza what can we do to improve our trains?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I have to go to Blackpool for work tomorrow :(

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Solefald posted:

Bozza what can we do to improve our trains?

Paying for your ticket would be a good start. #BTP

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 15, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kluliss what do you charge for decorating when i buy somewhere i might have the money to improve some stuff

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Nationalisation, significant recalibration of industry goals... hang the rich, full communism

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
free toilet facilities so goons don't have to go toilet in public :(

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
ban children
ban hen parties
little tvs in the back of the seat in front
somehow make trains from sheffield to manchester not really overcrowded

etc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ban children generally and politicians might do their jobs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All children should be raised on farms until they're prepared to interact with polite society

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i assume you mean battery farms

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Kids should do nothing but stare at ipads

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's what they do already.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bumping this ...

Ratjaculation posted:

anyone know the breed of this weird dog hiding in my garden earlier?

because I put a wildlife camera up and ...

they're gonna kill me in my sleep

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Vitamins posted:

i like how every train has its resident drunk glaswegian with a plastic bag full of special brew, is that like part of the package when you buy a train?

That's me. I earn 60k a year from scotrail

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rip ratjaculation, slain by roe deer

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Rozzbot posted:

I am in Denmark at the moment and they have double decker trains, they are p. good.

In Holland the train toilets are just a hole in the floor. It's loving disgusting.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

rip ratjaculation, slain by roe deer

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bozza posted:

Watched some dude on YouTube who reworked the prequels and it was p good.

You mean he edited the credits right onto the opening text crawl?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Pocket Sand posted:

Hello

I am unemployed atm and now I have to go to the job centre every day for half an hour so they can presumably supervise my internet job searches. Essentially they're taking 1.5-2 hours out of my day to travel there and back which could be better spent looking for jobs

Also they've changed the sign on thing to an electronic tablet which never works and you have to do it several times, streamlining nothing :doh:

I don't like being benefit scum :(

Being unemployed and at the whim of the job centre is the worst, hope you find something soon!

I signed on for a few weeks earlier this year, they were changing to the electronic pad and holy poo poo it was bad. It didn't work once. (not even on the session they told me I had to go to in order to be set up on it, ahead of my actual appointment...)

This was pretty much the catalyst for me going self-employed and starting up my company though so I guess it was useful, sort of?

Jose posted:

decorating

msgd you :)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I was on the dole once. It was a little paper booklet you had to fill out with vaguities about your job search. I was looking at getting similar work to what I had before, but it's not a particularly common job in the UK, so I was writing things 'checked newspaper, nothing suitable'. Never a hitch, always got paid. Popped in every fortnight with (iirc it was a few years ago now) 10 jobsearch records in the 2cm by 4cm box for 'details'

They didn't seem to know what to do with me. Eventually they asked me to come in one extra morning for interview skills training. I conducted interviews at my last job, but still I had to go. There was me and about 8 yoofs, and it had a League of Gentlemen Pauline ring about it. Everyone knew that when you say 'I can do XYZ' you should have an example, but only me and one other guy seemed to understand that by answering we would all be out of there faster, rather than responding with bored silent detatchment.

Anyway it all turned out to be a ploy to get us jobs by honing our competency-based interview skills. Pointlessly, I might add. The Job Centre (or at least the council) had taken a huge chunk of cash from Morrisson's, who were opening a supermarket nearby. Our evidencing of competency was pitched a little high for the trolly trackers, shelf stackers, and checkout slackers that they were paying the Job Centre to funnel us towards

simplefish fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 16, 2015

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i think its the law that they have to look like that

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

im self employed i am terrible at it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You don't get those now, you get sent for mandatory "work experience" doing unpaid shift work at poundland.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
people become unemployed by being lazy and if they weren't made to go and sign on every day or do work for free they would only sit around coveting brightly coloured tracksuits and argos jewellery all day

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Oh I forgot the part where banked and spent jobseekers retroactively became taxable income after I went and found a job in a neighboring county because the 'employment advisors' were poo poo where I lived.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

update: i couldn't eat the whole pizza. i am even a failure at that.