Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I wish I could have voted in this election. About 2 years ago I had decided to get more involved in politics and was looking forward to voting on different issue. Come to find out I am in a zone that is not technically in any city and therefore I don't have the requirements to vote. Anyone else in that situation? I'm just outside the houston city limits so I can't vote in houston election, but I'm also too far from the city my home address is attached to to be able to vote there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Buy some cheap property in Houston and claim it as your residence.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What's the easiest way to change my voter registration if I moved counties?

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Spacebump posted:

What's the easiest way to change my voter registration if I moved counties?

You can fill out the online voter registration application and mail it to your county's voter registrar, then check on this same page in a couple of weeks to make sure that you are registered.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A little late, but I hate Torchy's because I can't loving afford it. The Tuk-tuk (thai taco, it's good) is $5.95. For one taco. How the gently caress do people spend so much money on food?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Aliquid posted:

A little late, but I hate Torchy's because I can't loving afford it. The Tuk-tuk (thai taco, it's good) is $5.95. For one taco. How the gently caress do people spend so much money on food?

I bought one taco, and no drink. I beat the system man!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aliquid posted:

Their tacos are pretty sizable. I find one quite filling, whereas in a lot of other places I have to get two, or sometimes three.

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

Aliquid posted:

The bourgeois of the Mueller area no know bounds, buying fake snow to play in during the warm winters of Austin. I still shop at that heb over 7th or hancock cause its so nice though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My favorite HEB is the one off Far West. Its so nice it even has a giant kosher section :shobon:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just saw the Houston runoff results, good work Houston.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's Willie D from Geto Boys btw. No word on if Paul Wall is also worried about issues of authenticity in Houston's inner city, oh and is transphobic as all hell.

zoux fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 14, 2015

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
There's a reason Bun B is the city's cultural ambassador and Willie D has a gimmick advice column in the Press.

I wondered if there'll be a push to have his column dropped for the HERO remarks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also today was filing day and TONS of people drew challengers. Notably, the President of the He-Man Muslim Haters Club Molly White will draw a former rep for her challenger in HD 55.

I dunno this lady but she tweeted out all the matchups.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Also today was filing day and TONS of people drew challengers. Notably, the President of the He-Man Muslim Haters Club Molly White will draw a former rep for her challenger in HD 55.

I dunno this lady but she tweeted out all the matchups.

Is this going to be turned into a highly symbolic Respectable Republican versus Tea Party Darling contest?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

enraged_camel posted:

Their tacos are pretty sizable. I find one quite filling, whereas in a lot of other places I have to get two, or sometimes three.

Yeah, one taco is exactly the sort of portion size I should be eating now that I'm old and decrepit. (Also, 5.95 is very on the high end for my location, although I will admit that if we carried a Thai taco I'd probably get it somewhat often anyway.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Is this going to be turned into a highly symbolic Respectable Republican versus Tea Party Darling contest?

Well, that is the simplest narrative.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I see TMF is going to run against Menendez again. I wonder if it'll turn out any different this time?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

I see TMF is going to run against Menendez again. I wonder if it'll turn out any different this time?

Depends on the pendejos turnout.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Looks like both my local house districts are just facing primary challengers. Shame I can't mount even a token opposition campaign since I'm on the state payroll :/

At least it will all be entertaining seeing who tries to hitch their wagon to the Trump train.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

The weirdest part: Chris Bell endorsed Bill King.

Not that weird. Chris Bell hates Turner.

Remember in 2003 when Tom Delay was trying to push through mid decade redistricting and the Texas Dems went to Oklahoma to prevent a quorum so Delay couldn't go forward with his plan? Well, Turner was the one who came back from Oklahoma to break the deadlock and in exchange he was given the chairmanship of the appropriations committee.

Chris Bell was in Congress at the time and lost his seat when redistricting went through. Since then Bell has lost like infinity races and hates the poo poo out of Sylvester Turner.

That is why Chris Bell endorsed Bill King, notorious out of touch shithead.

In other news, former Harris County Sheriff and Mayoral Candidate Adrian Garcia is taking on Congressman Gene Green in a primary. Lets see what Annise Parker has to say about that:

https://twitter.com/AnniseParker/status/676554334306328579

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 15, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Remember in 2003 when Tom Delay was trying to push through mid decade redistricting and the Texas Dems went to Oklahoma to prevent a quorum so Delay couldn't go forward with his plan? Well, Turner was the one who came back from Oklahoma to break the deadlock and in exchange he was given the chairmanship of the appropriations committee.

Chris Bell was in Congress at the time and lost his seat when redistricting went through. Since then Bell has lost like infinity races and hates the poo poo out of Sylvester Turner.

I never knew that. That's pretty lovely.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean, someone was gonna be the guy to go back, unless Chris Bell thinks that they should be in Ardmore to this day. Did Turner sneak out of town or something, how divided were the D's on continuing the quorum break?

Anyways that's petty as gently caress.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

I mean, someone was gonna be the guy to go back, unless Chris Bell thinks that they should be in Ardmore to this day. Did Turner sneak out of town or something, how divided were the D's on continuing the quorum break?

Anyways that's petty as gently caress.

Well, technically it was Whitmire who broke the deadlock because it was preventing a Seante quorum, but Turner brokered the deal. But yeah, it's petty as gently caress.

Bill King would have set this city back 20 years on transit and urban development issues just like Bob Lanier.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought there was a House break during session and the Senate break was during the special. But this was 12 years ago, so I'll defer to you.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sab0921 posted:

That is why Chris Bell endorsed Bill King, notorious out of touch shithead.

In other news, former Harris County Sheriff and Mayoral Candidate Adrian Garcia is taking on Congressman Gene Green in a primary. Lets see what Annise Parker has to say about that:

Hahaha, it's like a human centipede of spite, pettiness and greed.

Or politics I guess. :v:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

Lmao. Is there a reason she has beef with Garcia?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Lmao. Is there a reason she has beef with Garcia?

Nah, she's just super snarky on twitter and its funny as hell.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I wish Austin's mayor was at all cool or interesting :smith:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SJDQAVKDSs

edit lol I was the 29th view

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
At least you guys have a nice concert venue across the street from your city hall.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I saw the last name Adler and my mind immediately jumped to the Texas Hammer.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

On the taco issue, there's a Torchy's in Dallas (in the SMU area) and it was a bit pricey for tacos but good. I've been ruined by Rusty's cheap but yummy tacos.

Geez, Houston, when did your politics get interesting?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

My Face When posted:

On the taco issue, there's a Torchy's in Dallas (in the SMU area) and it was a bit pricey for tacos but good. I've been ruined by Rusty's cheap but yummy tacos.

Geez, Houston, when did your politics get interesting?

Either Annise Parker or HERO. One of those.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The twee! It burns!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Omi-Polari posted:

The twee! It burns!

That reminds me - is overwhelming twee a thing in other Texas cities as well? I went by A-town gifts (a local art market) looking for secret santa things and was just blown away by the absolutely ridiculous amount of twee bullshit on display at a display of pictures of Austin on coasters and cutting boards. Every new mural seems to be angling to become the next "You're my butter half" or "i love you so much"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Bill Nye Boo'd In Texas For Saying The Moon Reflects The Sun

The sky is blue
The moon emits light
*clap-clap-clap-clap*

In The Heart of Texas!

E; drat it, some idiot told me this was recent and I didn't check the date.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 15, 2015

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Whose god is the moon god now?!

I am so confused.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone explain this historical racing controversy to me? I understand the legislatures point of view on it; claiming the Racing Commission overstepped it's authority which was also the ruling by a District Court. I don't understand why the horse people are so adamant about wanting it or why the Commission has decided this is the hill they are going to die on. I also don't understand the whole argument about how repealing something that wasn't legal for decades is going to destroy racing in Texas. The whole idea of historical racing seems like bullshit to me. Where's the fun in loosing your drat money on a computer generated race? It's almost like betting on that arcade race you find on the midway at the State Fair.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Roumba posted:

Whose god is the moon god now?!

I am so confused.

Meanwhile, in 2009 Waco...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Nah, she's just super snarky on twitter and its funny as hell.

It really is: https://twitter.com/AnniseParker/status/662392928791232512