Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Leos Klein posted:

:smug:

At this point I'm so tired. Going for 400+ combos is good enough for me.

Can I :smug: too. I was so pissed off at work just now I just went ahead and did this. I guess I do better when I angry play.

halokiller fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
All aboard the :smug: train!

Though mine was a good deal shorter.

And man, my EN Cool team absolutely destroys medleys. When there's not a normie being bonded, I get to S rank around the beginning of the third song.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Oh boy, new SSR is Sachiko. Budgeting 3 10-pulls. Just did two: 3 SR, one of which was a dupe. Gonna do my last pull in the morning.

Good luck. Maybe I'll go for it too, can't wait forever for my hypothetical ideal SSR card to show up.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Last pull results: 9 dupe R and a Chieri SR.

Overall: 2/3 pulls were bare minimum, one pull had 2 SR. Good to know my lack of luck is consistent.

Now I just need Girlfriend (Note) to leave its two-weeks-and-counting maintenance so i can continue to fail at being lucky drawing new waifu cards.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I pulled when Anastasia was featured as the SSR.

I got her.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

graybook posted:

Oh man, niiiiice. Which songs were on your medley? My highest is only a 1412 with Loveless World, Wonderful Rush, and Wild Stars.

Looks like it was Paradise Live, Loveless World, and Wonderful Rush. The first and last part of paradise live always kills me, guess I got lucky that time

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ooh, yeah, those odd sections. I don't completely know where I stand on patterns like that - sometimes it's like, hey, it's neat and is a regular irregularity, and sometimes, I can't zero in on the rhythm they're going for (like in dailies).

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Is there any way other than events to unlock the Expert versions of some songs? I've been doing some MedFest stuff on Expert and finding that I really like the beat maps for some of the older songs that seem sort of boring on Hard.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Is there any way other than events to unlock the Expert versions of some songs? I've been doing some MedFest stuff on Expert and finding that I really like the beat maps for some of the older songs that seem sort of boring on Hard.

Expert songs are just on rotation, there's no unlocking to be done. Over the next several months we should get more in rotation at a time, if EN follows JP.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
New CGSS song is up, Tokimeki Escalate. Also wtf, I just got 4200 star jewels for some reason.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
15.5k event points. I'm a tad behind, people.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Someone save me from continuing this terrible mistake.

Also, my own :smuggo:, I guess.

Typically if I see Loveless World or Merfes Vol. 1 I'm guaranteed to not make it.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 15, 2015

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Which part of Loveless World gets you? I'm usually happy to see it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

For some reason the very end just trips me up whenever it comes up. I know I've been able to do it before, but even with a perfect support running I can't seem to do it.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Oh hey! I play these games. I'm a really big rhythm game fan (Was huge into DDR and Rock Band) so as soon as I found SIF I took to it and have been playing a little over a year on the EN side and just started on the JP side. I just started Starlight Stage as well, which I'm really liking.

I just got my first Medfes EX full combo, but looking at your guys scores I seem to have gotten the welfare medley

I'M STILL PROUD.

I'm pretty new on Starlight Stage but I managed to Tier high enough for the last 2 Tier SRs (Mika and Asuka, as well as the point SRs) which I'm using to build my teams because I'm sitting on a bunch of gems I refuse to use for rolls right now.

I'm kind of an event person. I play almost all the events on SIF (and try to tier, which I'm currently working on for Santa Maki) and really like the events on Starlight Stage.

Idol hell is real.

Apathetic Panda fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 15, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Apathetic Panda posted:

Oh hey! I play these games. I'm a really big rhythm game fan (Was huge into DDR and Rock Band) so as soon as I found SIF I took to it and have been playing a little over a year on the EN side and just started on the JP side. I just started Starlight Stage as well, which I'm really liking.

I just got my first Medfes EX full combo, but looking at your guys scores I seem to have gotten the welfare medley

I'M STILL PROUD.

I'm pretty new on Starlight Stage but I managed to Tier high enough for the last 2 Tier SRs (Mika and Asuka, as well as the point SRs) which I'm using to build my teams because I'm sitting on a bunch of gems I refuse to use for rolls right now.

I'm kind of an event person. I play almost all the events on SIF (and try to tier, which I'm currently working on for Santa Maki) and really like the events on Starlight Stage.

Idol hell is real.

Definitely be proud. Comboing that high marks skill progression. :3:

I think I'm gonna get back to SS more for the sake of bonding a bunch of new idols I've picked up over the past month.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the gently caress, Expert songs can give Rs?

Just beat one of the Cool Experts and got a Cool Maki.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What the gently caress, Expert songs can give Rs?

Just beat one of the Cool Experts and got a Cool Maki.

Are you playing the song as a non-event song? IIRC there are a bunch of songs (idk if it's all songs) that can give Rs as highly infrequent rewards on regular play.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Are you playing the song as a non-event song? IIRC there are a bunch of songs (idk if it's all songs) that can give Rs as highly infrequent rewards on regular play.

Non-event, yeah, on JP.

I cant' remember if it was Private Wars or the non-new Lily White song.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Paradise Live was the hardest one; after I got the last part I let out this huge sigh.

I would've played way more of MedFes, but finals week kept me from playing much. I can likely still get the event card at least.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Wish I was cool enough to tier these events and idolize the SR you get from them. Life goals man.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
You'll get there in time, I'm sure.

With regards to the upcoming ex in en: I'm looking forward to Loneliest Baby. I feel like I've practiced it enough this event.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Non-event, yeah, on JP.

I cant' remember if it was Private Wars or the non-new Lily White song.

Also, apparently the chance to get an R reward from a regular Live Show has been increased on JP, so that might play a part.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

Now I just need Girlfriend (Note) to leave its two-weeks-and-counting maintenance so i can continue to fail at being lucky drawing new waifu cards.

Same. Good news! They'll probably have functional versions of the apps in the stores tomorrow! Or later today, I guess? It's the 16th in Japan, I suppose.

Also, getting Rs from SIF is a nice present, but it would be really nice if they'd at least offer up more than the initial batch of normals, at the very least.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

Same. Good news! They'll probably have functional versions of the apps in the stores tomorrow! Or later today, I guess? It's the 16th in Japan, I suppose.

Also, getting Rs from SIF is a nice present, but it would be really nice if they'd at least offer up more than the initial batch of normals, at the very least.

Yeah, I had checked earlier today due to having google-translated their site and seeing something about Tuesday, so we'll see what happens there. I'll be sure to hunt down resources regarding how to play and navigate, and links will be added to the OP as I'm able to find them.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's probably going to be Android earlyish tomorrow (their time), and then however long it takes them to navigate the App Store submission process for iOS, though. Someday I'll be there for a working, simultaneous launch...

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The Play store page has updated at least, which isn't to say the server's necessarily available.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Zenostein posted:

That means little when GF Note has been "scheduled to re-open tomorrow" every day for the past two weeks.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

How many more event points would I get if I could play full 3 EX medleys (only have 53 lp)? I get ~620 for the two songs I can fit in now.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

How many more event points would I get if I could play full 3 EX medleys (only have 53 lp)? I get ~620 for the two songs I can fit in now.

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Medley_Festival

If you're only doing 2 EX, the closest to 620 points are S Score/B Combo (624) or A Score/S Combo (621). The corresponding base point values for those performance combinations with 3 EX songs are 970 and 965 points, respectively, so ~345 points more for a full 3-song EX medley.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dang that makes one hell of a difference.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gotta say, this this the first time I've been compelled to shoot past the max reward since that Christmas Umi last year kinda forced you to if you wanted to tier.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dang you are going HAM

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
And Maki is mine. I love how lazy I can be with medley events.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Having 120+ LP really helps when it comes to justifying spending gems on refills, and if I really get into a groove I can spend a few hours just popping refills like a bad addiction. I'm definitely gonna shoot for 100k tomorrow, but depending on how I'm feeling vs how the cutoff looks I might just call it there.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
AND THE GIRLFRIEND THING IS FINALLY PLAYABLE

Some kind of video is playing. (I'm going to shittily describe what's going on.)

There were four girls eating, one of which was Chloe Lemaire. One of the girls was imagining some dude they were talking about? And she thought he was a sloth. Then they're in the gym and all of a sudden he's a Jojo. Now they're daydreaming about stuff. Brown haired girl likes some kind of melon pan looking thing. Principal Jojo observes with tempered amusement.
Now they're clapping for some kind of lottery. Everyone's luck is poo poo.
Now they're 3D and not 3D again.

And that seems to be it. Managed to get through about a third of the loading before the video ended.
I really need to learn Japanese faster.

Also I'm pretty sure this is on the official website but I never saw it all the way through.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Also I'm pretty sure this is on the official website but I never saw it all the way through.

Yeah, that's been up for a while as a promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXMQ5htvfJA

e: left to right in the first shot are Fumio, Kokomi, Akane and Chloe (Cool, Cool, Passion and Cute Cool, Cool, Pop and Sweet). Clearly you didn't watch the top-tier anime.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 16, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It was too many waifus for me at the time. Now I know I need to catch up.

Okay, first obstacle. Name entry.
Nickname field, family name field, given name field, I get that much, but I have no clue what the hell the bottom text says here and kanji-searching is tricky. I guess I'll blunder through it somehow!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

If you can screen-cap it I'll try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm just going to assume it wasn't anything serious.

Now I have to choose a center girl, or something.

Resources seem to be low so I might just end up making a pastebin guide as I gaijin my way through this new musical waifu simulator.