Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Before we begin, please join me in rising for a ten-bell salute to a truly exceptional wrestler, model, and friend, buried far-too-soon.

Thank you.

---

After a whirlwind 7-day tour of England, NXT comes to London for a TakeOver special in the sold-out, 12,500-capacity Wembley Arena! No, it's not the Stadium where Queen played, it's just next to the Stadium where Queen played. Confused me too.

This is a hot card. While, on the surface, it may not seem as awesome as Brooklyn - there's no Sasha, or Jushin Liger, or Blue Pants (that we know of?!) - it does feature the payoffs to feuds that have been building for weeks, from Asuka getting bullied by Emma to Finn getting bullied by Joe to Bayley getting bullied by, uh, everyone. Seems to me like the Performance Center should have a class on how to Be A Star.

NXT Championship Match
Finn Bálor (c) vs Samoa Joe

After Finn & Joe's victory in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, Joe requested a title match from Finn, and Finn seemed more than happy to accept. However, William Regal stopped the match from happening, as he had already planned a Battle Royal to determine the #1 Contender to the title. Joe was yanked out by the late Prince Pretty, and wasn't particularly happy about it.

When Baron Corbin interrupted Finn's title match against Apollo Crews, Joe came out to run off Corbin and help Finn. However, he then started to beat down Finn, looking to earn his title match one way or another.

Since then, Joe has knocked Finn out with the Coquina Clutch on like every single episode of NXT TV. Finn does this sorta gross/oddly sexy thing where he drools a bunch to sell it, so it's okay. We'll see if he avoids the same fate tonight.

NXT Women's Championship Match
It's Bayley (c) vs Nia Jax

Bayley's only held the title since August, but has already had multiple successful title defenses - including a *shockingly* watchable match with nuclear heat generator Eva Marie, who had apparently found a kindred spirit in Nia Jax. After Eva lost, Nia Jax announced her intentions with a brutal beatdown on the Assumed-to-Be PSP Champion of the Year And Also Our Hearts. Since then, Nia has, uh, continued her mind games. Let's go Bayley.

NXT Tag Team Championship Match
Dash & Dawson (c) vs Enzo & Cass

Dash & Dawson won their titles in a shocking TV match against The Vaudevillains just one month ago, but not before putting Big Cass in the hospital with leg and knee injuries. Now, Enzo & Cass are back with a shot at the championship - their first since losing to Blake & Murphy at TakeOver: Unstoppable in May.

Apollo Crews vs Baron Corbin

Apollo Crews looks to take revenge on Baron Corbin for costing Crews his championship opportunity. Meanwhile, Baron Corbin wants to prove his dominance over all the "rookies" that seek to take the spotlight off of him. After watching Breaking Ground, I'm not sure how much of all this is a work. Corbin's made great strides as a wrestler over the last few months, and I have no doubt Crews will be able to carry him to a great match.

Asuka vs Emma

Since Asuka debuted in September, Dana Brooke and Emma have tried to make her life hell, with, uh, mixed results. I have a feeling I'll need to make another memorial image before tonight is over.

Oh, and this dude is supposed to return tonight. It remains to be seen if he'll be wrestling, but they are one match short of the traditional six that these shows have had.

---

The preshow starts at 7:30 GMT/2:30 EST/11:30 AM PST! Featuring Kyle Edwards (who is this), Renee Young, Lita, and Tom Phillips's Facial Hair.

You can also watch a special one-hour recap show on the Network, if you've missed the last few weeks of NXT TV: http://network.wwe.com/video/v534737283

A reminder for people going to see this live today: (a) we're all jealous of you, and (b) please don't post preshow results in this thread without spoiler tags, since they're likely NXT TV spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

predictions:

Finn
Jax
Dash and Dawson
Corbin
Asuka

i think on paper this is one of the weaker takeover cards but it's probably the most important in a long time (ever?) as far where the future of NXT goes. Should be a fun show. Bummed I'll be working during the live and primetime airings

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
My predictions are Finn, Jax, Enzo & Cass, Corbin, and Asuka.

It's time for Enzo & Cass. If they don't win here, I'm not sure they'll ever get the chance. It doesn't seem quite time to call them up yet, and a title run would inject a spark into a gimmick that has been getting slightly stale.

I was honestly thinking Crews would win his match until I started thinking about it. Presumedly, whoever wins this match becomes the new #1 Contender. I could see Corbin getting it and either losing to Finn or even losing the shot to Sami Zayn somehow. Would be a decent way to get Zayn back in the title picture fast, though I figure he's got to get called up so soon they wouldn't bother putting the belt back on him. I could also see Crews winning and losing to Zayn, or even losing to Finn in a title match, but that doesn't seem as compelling as the faces feuding with #1 rear end in a top hat Baron Corbin.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It would be heartbreaking for Enzo and Cass to lose here but looking forward i think the dynamic in The Mechanics vs Gable/Jordan works better as a genuine marquee program than Enzo/Cass vs Gable/Jordan and a victory here would solidify The Mechanics as supervillains. I think Corbin is winning here because the timing is finally right on a big singles push for him and they've wanted to do that since he debuted.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll take any excuse to drink at noon on a Wednesday so gently caress yeah I'm hyped for this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
There is no way Enzo and Cass don't win.

Finn,
Bayley retains. She may not "win" but I think the Title stays with her.
Enzo & Cass
Corbin,
Asuka.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Finn
Bayley*
Enzo & Cass
Corbin*
Asuka

*One of these two matches will be a non-finish with shenanigans, e.g. Eva interference, countout while brawling, etc.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Enzo and Cass lose clean because WWE believes that they'll still be over, even if they lose. :colbert:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
So which heel is going to open the show complaining about being overlooked and issuing an open challenge for Sami Zayn to squash?

Adam Rose?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MacDougall posted:

So which heel is going to open the show complaining about being overlooked and issuing an open challenge for Sami Zayn to squash?

Adam Rose?

PERFECT 10

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

MacDougall posted:

Adam Rose?

Weirdly enough, Brad Maddox

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So what are the odds of a surprise Gable and Jordan match?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

So what are the odds of a surprise Gable and Jordan match?
It'll be on the TV taping, like how Enzo and Cass were on the taping in Brooklyn despite being the most over act there. Kinda weird.

I actually hope the Mechanics retain. Because I am rock loving hard for a Mechanics / Gable&Jordan title feud.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

abraham linksys posted:

Before we begin, please join me in rising for a ten-bell salute to a truly exceptional wrestler, model, and friend, buried far-too-soon.

Thank you.
I miss real Breezy so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sagGAKuuSBM

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

It'll be on the TV taping, like how Enzo and Cass were on the taping in Brooklyn despite being the most over act there. Kinda weird.
Yeah, I'm assuming that Gable/Jordan vs. someone will be the opening match if anything. If the rest of the tour is anything to go by they're a surefire hot starter.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Finn
Jax
Enzo/Cass
Crews
Asuka

The key to the Crews/Corbin match is Sami Zayn. Barring being called up nearly immediately, Sami is probably entering into the title picture. Working against a face will let Finn keep the slow burn turn going until the full turn against Sami.

If Sami is going up, Corbin is winning.

(Can I also say it's so loving nice to be able to be able to discuss multiple possible immediate contenders for the belt?)

As for the tag titles, it's a coinflip for me. The Mechanics have had like no reign, so it's hard for me to think that they're taking it off them so soon. However, if you're putting it in E&C, this feels like The Time to do it. I've gone back and forth a few times even while writing this, but I'm gonna lock in E&C.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Part of me hopes that the Mechanics win because I could take it as a sign that Enzo and Cass would be getting called up soon, and I want to see a Enzo and Cass v. New Day promo

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

what the heck is this picture of emma

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Enzo and Cass shoulda been called up the Raw after Summerslam for the Jesus pop

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm amazed at how much I like Corbin now, considering I hated him so much before Breaking Ground.

Corbin is the man

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
I see Bayley vs Nia Jax, and I see a potential Cena/Lesnar at Summerslam. So look forward to Bayley's lifeless corpse being dragged out of the ring, and Izzy breaking down in tears of agony with someone in the family to capture the footage via Vine.

I'm all for Bayley, but this is the most likely outcome because of how destructive Nia has been booked.

Finn
Jax
Asuka
Enzo & Cass
Corbin

I feel like Corbin will overpower Crews by the end. It will be a back and forth, but I see an End of Days for Apollo.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Joe
Bayley
Asuka
Mechanics
Corbin

This will for sure be a weaker show in terms of workrate (at least compared to Brooklyn and Respect), but it's really cool that I'm not sure of any finish besides the Asuka match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't want to fan the flames on it with my own personal theories but simply there's the same level of silence and mystery about Zack Sabre Jr's situation as Kana had when she turned up as a surprise at NXT Brooklyn.

I can make great cases for successful title defences and retention but I am just going to have fun and predict three title changes on the show.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This is gonna be good

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
OYY CANT WAIT TO ORDER SOME FISH AND CHIPS AND WATCH A ROW M8

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hulkamatt do we have to post like that in the takeover london thread is that the rule

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I hope not cause I'm gonna be an American and heat up some pizza rolls

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Nia Jax DQ'd for kicking too much rear end

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Go RV! posted:

I hope not cause I'm gonna be an American and heat up some pizza rolls

U wot, m8?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I know E&C were super serious on the last NXT episode so I hope we don't get robbed of their full entrance here.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

why do the english refuse to speak english

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Photo of Enzo is inaccurate, his hair is so blonde now it's blinding.

Wasn't sure if Sami was going to look ring ready, but he looked fine last night. I hope he's involved somehow.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

too beautiful for this world

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I know I did it earlier myself, but I'm making an official request to change the abbreviation of Cass and Enzo to C&E.

I keep reading Edge & Christian there other way and its throwing me off.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

I don't want to fan the flames on it with my own personal theories but simply there's the same level of silence and mystery about Zack Sabre Jr's situation as Kana had when she turned up as a surprise at NXT Brooklyn.

I can make great cases for successful title defences and retention but I am just going to have fun and predict three title changes on the show.
Paul must have offered a ton of money because iirc ZSJ has no interest in working with the WWE

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonna pick Finn, Nia, Mechanics, Crews, Asuka

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Finn, Bayley, Enzo/Cass, Crews, Asuka

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Joe/Nia/E&BC/Asuka/Crews

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Also free my dudes Gable and Jordan, gimme them live crowd reactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm really looking forward to watching takeover tomorrow.

• Locked thread