Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

redwalrus posted:

Its all fun until its true.

This was conspicuously one of the few times they cut away from the feed to a crowd shot. Probably thought the crowd would react enthusiastically at the reveal. Or they realized the model and lip sync were poo poo and wanted to minimize the effect. I'm sure this guy went to the wrong pad and was raging out at some confused person getting into their own ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

EightAce posted:

Course he loving is. Money arrives via a swedish wire transfer, nice and clean

is that true if so lol

You seem to know a bit about their inner workings. Do you have a source like Derek? You should really be milking that by posting endless blogs which just quote yourself and then claiming that anytime something goes wrong it was your influence that made it happen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Never change, Seraph.

Or should I say: Nerf_Crapitalism, HappyHippyPillbug, Namefag Edgelord, Trolololowned, SeraphEightyFour, Sephiroth84, Beliathon, Keith Elwood, Bitcoin Stymie, Qhorin, TotallyNotSeraph85, Dr. Bitcorn, LaOtraTia or, well, Seraph84?

King of the lepers

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That's fourteen permabanned accounts in all, for you maths buffs

Many of which were premium accounts and/or had avs

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3wur4g/so_you_like_to_click_the_baitsdo_you/cy0wi5g?context=3

quote:

quote:

How is citing those examples "misrepresenting"?

That isn't what I was referring to. See below

Side note: The examples you cite have absolutely nothing to do with the post you were responding to. Rape isn't the only form of "abuse" in the world. If you want examples, I'd suggest you do some research of instances were Derek Smart has posted personal information about individuals as a means to bully them. That is a form of abuse in itself.

Now, coming back to what I was actually responding to...is this:

quote:

I'm sorry you, and whoever else, feel like any skepticism, cynicism, and criticism towards Star Citizen, CIG, & the community...

What you are doing there is using a strawman argument to deliberately misrepresent the situation in regards to a group / demographic. Using hyperbole to justify whatever argument you're trying to make. Just like how Forbes do with their articles.

Firstly, you infer that any criticism / cynicism is valid. That is a fallacy. Some criticism is far from valid, either due to the accuser being misinformed, or blatantly trolling. Such instances deserve to be called out as such. An example of trolling is labeling ALL Star Citizen fans as "in a cult", whereas an example of misinformation is where certain articles criticise CIG for continuing to bloat the scope of the game. Both are fallacies.

Secondly, you infer that "any" criticism / cynicism is viewed by "whoever else" as being equivalent to being abused. Again, you are using hyperbole here to misrepresent the truth and facts to suit your own arguments. What you are claiming is plain false. Not all criticism is valid. And not all criticism is abuse. Some of it is just plain trolling / misinformation.
Whether you care to admit it or not, if your only way of proving your argument is to deliberately misrepresent the facts, then you shouldn't be here and should go back to the Eve Online subreddit. And I stand by what I said.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's fourteen permabanned accounts in all, for you maths buffs

Many of which were premium accounts and/or had avs

Lowtax has his whales too.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Tippis posted:

3. They're married. A meltdown post from CRobber explained that this had never been a secret in any way, shape, or form, no-siree.

Does anyone have a copy of this? It sounds like something I need for immersion

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Bait and Swatch posted:

Does anyone have a copy of this? It sounds like something I need for immersion

It's your sanity dude

Chairman's response to the Escapist posted:

Derek Smart is very adept at doing what he has been doing; spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. He always grabs one nugget of a fact and uses that to sell a whole lot of lies and disinformation. He tweets about Star Citizen EVERY DAY. Not once but multiple times. If you read his Twitter stream it comes across as the crusade of a crazy man. He continually blogs about us. He constantly agitates…encouraging people to ask for refunds, report us to the FTC, the FBI and/or their local attorney general. He calls me a liar, a fraud, incompetent and many other names. He has slandered my family members and business partners. He has publically doxed me, sharing the address of my home in LA, pictures of my wife and five year old daughter. He constantly attacks Sandi Gardiner, accusing her of having no qualifications, or experience, that she had other people do her work for her and only has the Marketing position because she is my wife. That is incredibly ironic considering we are the most crowd funded project in history, that she wrote the marketing plan, and single handedly executed it when we were a tiny team – even today she’s the only dedicated marketing person at the company, for a game that has raised almost $90M for its development solely through viral marketing, word of mouth and PR. If you were going to criticize Star Citizen you certainly can fault us for taking longer than everyone wants, which would fall on the development side of the company but not marketing! The icing on the cake is that she has five degrees and speaks five languages, which I am willing to bet makes her a lot more qualified than Derek Smart is!

[...]

So why are people making a deal about me having these things now? I also find the continued attack on Sandi fairly alarming. Why is she being singled out? Because she’s my wife? A woman? Yes, she’s also an actress and there’s nothing wrong with her also engaging in one of her passions after hours or outside of work. We let employees play games of D&D in our conference room in the evenings or weekends. I don’t see attacks from Derek Smart about how this is a waste of company resources (and it is not his to comment on or judge anyhow).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Sometimes I think CIG tries to make Star Citizen look like a scam.

I like the way they fixed the fake floor but find different ways to piss Cutlass owners off after they've spawned their ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxxd2OcC04

AP fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 16, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

So you can buy a fake stupid ship and not use it because you don't get the fake stupid game?

What the gently caress do you own then

I think the original pack included the game and a ship. All other ships were sold as extras which means you can buy a ship without having bought the gamepack. It's just another way to scam a few coppers out of people than don't read the small print, they could have simply included the game with any ship purchase. That would be the logical thing because obviously no one wants to buy a ship if they don't have the game but this way makes them more money. "Oh you didn't read what you were buying? So sad. Just melt your ship at a percentage loss and buy the basic package with the money. You can even buy a fish tank with the remainder. :downs:"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

#notallgoons

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He basically proves that entire article right by going into my post history and going "yeah but you're an EVE person so we don't have to listen to you" etc. etc.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000
Sandi's resume is truly a thing of beauty. It would look bad to have road biking without mountain biking, so better put both. And it would be too limiting to be only a soprano or an alto. I see the ego stroke is missing from her swimming experience though.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Berious posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3x270f/cant_play_hangar_or_20_yet_i_paid_180/

This guy spent $180 on jpegs but still can't play. You'd think spending that much would entitle him to tool around in a basic jpeg while they work on his handcrafted artisanal jpeg. But oh you thought you got to play crashing in space for nearly $200? gently caress no that'll be another $45, sucker

Dredging this up. Holy gently caress.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha which one of you is LiterallyAGoon? My hat off to you sir, I tried getting into reddit and explore the trolling potential but I think I'm too old for this poo poo. :bahgawd: I just can't get over how retarded the whole nested comments and voting system is.

e: I was going to act all "in your face carebears" but not specifically as a griefer but surprisingly the whole place is already filled with griefers so it felt too much :effort: for little reward. I was expecting it to be more PvE oriented like the RSI forums. Is this contrast all you guys or are other sharks already in the lagoon?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 16, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
What do the the $2500 Javelin Destroyer, $1250 Idris P, $1000 Idris M & $600 890Jump have in common?

None of them have the basic game package included.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

From the comments of an RPS article on ED Horizons.

It's me, I'm the one searching every day to find out if Sandi Toksvig is married. I just want to know if I have a chance with her.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Hahaha the charming SC community downvoted the poor guy that paid $180 and didn't get the game.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Hahaha which one of you is LiterallyAGoon? My hat off to you sir, I tried getting into reddit and explore the trolling potential but I think I'm too old for this poo poo. :bahgawd: I just can't get over how retarded the whole nested comments and voting system is.

e: I was going to act all "in your face carebears" but not specifically as a griefer but surprisingly the whole place is already filled with griefers so it felt too much :effort: for little reward. I was expecting it to be more PvE oriented like the RSI forums. Is this contrast all you guys or are other sharks already in the lagoon?

ImAGoon! But then, so are you.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

From the comments of an RPS article on ED Horizons.

"Being lost in deep dark space isn't what a realistic space simulator should be like" - a complete idiot

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

"I don't feel scammed" he says. This is why the Crobber continues to get away with it. You paid $180 for a spaceship in a game but didn't get the game.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

So you can buy a fake stupid ship and not use it because you don't get the fake stupid game?

What the gently caress do you own then

It looks like you literally own just some pictures of spaceships

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

no wonder people think we are a cult

Oh no, infighting.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Will the self awareness stick or will they get ejected from the cult? I know what my money is on!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Chalks posted:

Will the self awareness stick or will they get ejected from the cult? I know what my money is on!

No true Star Citizen

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

alphabettitouretti posted:

"I don't feel scammed" he says. This is why the Crobber continues to get away with it. You paid $180 for a spaceship in a game but didn't get the game.

quote:

"im not scammed! im not scammed!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Reddit is incredibly poo poo. It would be one thing if number of votes, whether up- or downvotes, would change the order of displayed posts. But this poo poo of actually hiding unpopular opinions is killing any reasonable potential the platform might have had.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Reddit is incredibly poo poo. It would be one thing if number of votes, whether up- or downvotes, would change the order of displayed posts. But this poo poo of actually hiding unpopular opinions is killing any reasonable potential the platform might have had.

it's a great mechanic if you're an advertiser, and want to hijack a thread.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

I didn't even notice the extra can of what I can only assume is emergency soda wedged in his leg there.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Gwaihir posted:

I didn't even notice the extra can of what I can only assume is emergency soda wedged in his leg there.

For what it's worth he would probably be just as surprised if you pointed it out to him.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Neither did he, and he gave up looking for it after some time.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Okay I apparently missed the story the first time around so I need someone to fill me in. What's the "pubes" thing about? It sounds hilarious.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
For real though Sandi isn't a great person but y'all are calling an agency listing a resume and totally misinterpreting it.

The reason it lists 9 different types of swimming and double counts languages and lists her Australian accent is because when casting agents are looking for people to a play bit characters for a scene where there's a swim meet in Australia, they want to be able to pull a huge file from those search parameters.

I know some of y'all can't be that dumb

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AceSnyp3r posted:

Okay I apparently missed the story the first time around so I need someone to fill me in. What's the "pubes" thing about? It sounds hilarious.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid..._medium=twitter

Starts around 23mins

E: around 44.30

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 16, 2015

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This guy has a fedora on in his avatar. I wonder if he also posts on reddit, is an Atheist, and likes anime?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

mike12345 posted:

it's a great mechanic if you're an advertiser, and want to hijack a thread.

There's an algorithm that looks for sharp changes in up/down votes. It's gamed by moderators at certain levels, but you can go after people. We got PGI into poo poo when they started to whitewash their MMO elevator pitch.

Check 'Controversial' before 'hot'. High numbers of up AND down votes. 'new' is just anything 'new', 'rising' is a small number of upvotes in a small time...Also change your setting to not hide things below a certain threshold.

gently caress it's like you kids never Slashdotted.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

AP posted:

What do the the $2500 Javelin Destroyer, $1250 Idris P, $1000 Idris M & $600 890Jump have in common?

None of them have the basic game package included.

What kind of stupid motherfucker thinks that just giving one thousand dollars for a product should entitle them to be able to use that product? You don't understand the first thing about game development. Get out.

In other news, I have basically checked completely out of Star Citizen and am now having fun in Mechwarrior Online which feels like a complete and functional game by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

What is the name of the logical fallacy where someone presents you with like a dozen cases of poo poo behavior, and you say "Oh only a dozen out of 500k users? We're a great community!"

Because I am seeing that argument pop up more and more in reddit threads and I'd like to put a name to it.

• Locked thread