Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao I guarantee you Tarkaroshe is the type of guy who reads this topic every day very loving angrily

I CANT BELIEVE THEY SAID THIS

hah I found this guy

He shot himself in the foot
he's done

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone make fun of Tarkaroshe for angrily reading a topic on a comedy message board that he doesn't post on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tarkaroshe - "i cant believe the goons said that....I'm totally going to own them on reddit right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

"Spielberg is on the line, he's looking for a 'qualified marine biologist', what do we got on the books?"

"CNN's in town because Shamu mauled a person and they need someone with a modicum of credentials who can stand in front of a camera without stuttering or making GBS threads their pants and say the science words they wrote"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tarkaroshe? more like tarkagofuckyourselfnerd

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bushiz posted:

"CNN's in town because Shamu mauled a person and they need someone with a modicum of credentials who can stand in front of a camera without stuttering or making GBS threads their pants and say the science words they wrote"

Hmmm....subjectively speaking, I'm not sure I'd agree with that. - Tarkaroshe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: Hmmm....subjectively speaking, I'm not sure I'd agree with that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

everyone make fun of Tarkaroshe for angrily reading a topic on a comedy message board that he doesn't post on

Unfunny Poster is touching the poop so I don't approve.

He does seem to have found a live one though.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/Tarkaroshe

AP fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 16, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AP posted:

Sometimes touching the poop can generate some comedy. Especially if you're presenting calm reasonable responses to oppose their flailing.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Don't like the game? Don't be an rear end in a top hat. Do something you consider to be more worthwhile than wasting your life trolling something you don't like. Be smart, don't be Smart. It's that simple.

E: Lol, he should take his own advice

Daztek fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 16, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sometimes touching the poop can generate some comedy. Especially if you're presenting calm reasonable responses to oppose their flailing.

Yeah fair play to you, this Citizen is stranger than average.

He keeps refering to his "Freelancer" spaceship as his baby, for those that don't know the Freelancer is the ship that looks like a penis.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So I've started borrowing single seater craft. It generates just as much comedy as the multicrew stuff.

You wait for them to open the craft's doors/bay/whatever which unlocks it for everyone. You let the ladder come down, or whatever, and then action climbing in before they can.

Got an avenger this way and the dude was trying to play it off: "It's okay. I didn't want to fly it anyway. I'll just look at stuff back here."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

What is ghost heat? Which is the best mech that's available to buy on Steam?

Ghost heat is an insane balance decision meant to curb the boating of one particular type of damage for maximum laffs. It adds a huge heat penalty if you fire an arbitrary number of the same gun at the same time (or in very quick succession) meaning that firing three ERPPCs at once does triple the heat it should do.

Best mech depends on what you want to do, really. And also whether you want to spend real human dollars or not. The Timberwolves, Stormcrows, and Direwolves are still kings of the meta at the moment, but if you want to brawl get an Atlas.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Timberwolves just lost Kobe so eh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the best mech is the one you get for free

when you don't play MWO

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I still regret MWO

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Oh god it runs on CryEngine too.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I still regret MWO

Same, I was a founder and it wasn't worth it

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

the best mech is the one you get for free

when you don't play MWO

Subjectively speaking, I dont think we should trust your expertise on judging video game quality.

MWO is pretty rad for a free game.
Subjectively speaking, of course.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When CIG said they were going to use CryEngine, a bunch of the MWO refugees tried to convince them otherwise.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

The head of the company for MWO used to troll players on twitter too.

MWO was good in beta, then :pgi: ruined it. Pity.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Subjectively speaking, I dont think we should trust your expertise on judging video game quality.

MWO is pretty rad for a free game.
Subjectively speaking, of course.

Subjectively speaking, star citizen is dreams happening

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

Have you never had that dream where you fall through the floor of a jpeg and get run over by a knife with a jet engine?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your here's.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So, this live stream is happening at 11 PST.

Think we can get the atheist club mad about CIG supporting theology with a "holy day" live stream? And we could get the christian clubs mad because they're calling it a holiday livestream instead of christmas livestream?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

I do often just kind of randomly float away from things and clip through solid objects in dreams. Everything checks out.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

New patch, coming out!

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I wish SC worked like if your ship took too much damage it bucked you off and ran away to safety and you had to fight on foot .

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I'll probably give mwo a go again after the holidays, simply because instagibbing pubbies while exploding yourself in the process seems fun like in this video http://youtu.be/0DDbUa916bA

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

New patch, coming out!

For me to poop on!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/Wesha

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ghost heat is a system that PGI added to "Balance" people boating one weapon (at the time, PPCs) over all others. Basically if you fire more than X number of a weapon within .5 seconds, you get Y additional heat, increasing exponentially as you add more guns. X and Y vary wildly for every weapon system in the game. Nowhere in the game's UI is any of this spelled out- at best, you get a little warning that you've hit the limit when you add that many guns to your mech, but it doesn't tell you the effect or allow you to plan ahead. So, for example, more than 2 PPCs causes +12 heat, more than 1 AC20 causes +11.5 heat, but you can fire as many AC10s as you want. The damage on those guns- 10/20/10. This is pretty typical of PGI's previous balance decisions- punish the player with arbitrary and unpredictable rules to prevent undesired behaviors.

The best mechs in terms of sheer firepower are still the Timberwolf and Dire wolf, two mechs included in the original clan package. They have been nerfed enormously from their original heights but they are still better armed and armored than any other mech of their weight class. They've been out for years but the price hasn't gone down- they're still $55 each. https://mwomercs.com/clans

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

I love the attitude that we're all poor and that's the only reason we don't "invest" thousands of dollars into this "game."

The scoodenfroody when this thing implodes is going to be glorious.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

In other news Force Awakens is getting 97% on RT

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED
Nice, game is starting to look pretty cool.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

In other news Force Awakens is getting 97% on RT

I'll be watching it in IMAX 3D on Friday. Pretty stoked TBH.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

So does it have to be me (alone), or can I make my kids do it? Those little monsters would destroy that puny pizza box (and wear the empty cardboard as armor) thing in short order.

I am pretty sure forcing your children to consume that should be child abuse

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

its a poo poo sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

All you need to know is that it was a design decision so bad that it makes Chris Roberts looks like a loving genius in comparison.

• Locked thread