Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Hal

gut vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote bowmore

OMGUS

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

EXAKT, aside from exonerating me as town, do you have any opinions on TMM being vote-happy, Hal being "absent=scum" happy, and Kashuno pushing odd opinions? You're the only person I'm fairly sure is town right now.

Okay so quick takes before I go back and look at some quotes:

TMM's seriousness rubs me the wrong way.
Hal also pings me
Kash pings a little bit, but not as much as the other two. I don't think he's scum with Madman if one of them is scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
TMM First!

This is TMM's confirmation post, and a big part of what makes me feel scummy vibes. I jump in and vote Kash for scumslipping and saying that he got a PM, then TMM throws this out:

TMMadman posted:

The old 'claim to get a fake PM to cover for the fact that I got a real scum PM' ploy.

Would vote Kash.

It reads self-conscious to me, moreso than I would expect from town. This is only the game's third post, and Madman already seems worried about where his vote is going. He also throws soft suss on me for my vote, but again, doesn't vote.

When he finally votes Kash, it's not even for the original "slip," but on the back of a meta case instead. This is the same TMM who in his very previous post said that "voting early is dangerous and kind of scummy."

TMMadman posted:

According to you claiming VT is useless.

##vote Kash

This looks to be an attempt to instigate a slapfight with Kash, but it reads hollow to me. I shut it down, and say it would be a waste of time. He then votes me for telling him not to waste time while myself voting Hal.

TMMadman posted:

Says the person pushing for a turbo on someone who hasn't even confirmed.

##vote Exakt

This vote doesn't feel real to me. I agree with Quid that it feels defensive, but why? I'm not going after Madman here, just telling him to knock off behavior that tends to be anti-town, and, sadly, alignment neutral for him. What motivation does TMM have to be defensive towards someone who is casing Hal? I don't like it at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't think anyone "cased" me at that point

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also everything since the brief interaction Madman had with Quid is sideline-y and content-lurky. I feel like a town Madman would be doubling down and fighting harder rather than backing off.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't think anyone "cased" me at that point

okay so replace "is casing" with "wants to turbo" and my argument remains unchanged.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hal really doesn't have a lot. His early posts are a bit snipe-y, and he throws a lot of soft sus without committing to anything. What really pings me is this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well no, not now that you actually posted and did stuff. I don't necessarily think TMM is scummy either though.

bowmore on the other hand...

He throws soft sus at bowmore after moving away from Quid. bowmore had yet to post since the start of the game. When you call him on it, he backs off immediately, calling it a joke.

Hal Incandenza posted:

whoa buddy I was not being serious friend.

I feel like town Hal would heed his own advice to

Hal Incandenza posted:

STICK TO YOUR GUNS

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also Hal's only vote is this one:

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote bowmore

OMGUS

This vote very successfully describes itself.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Kashuno kind of pings me, but he always pings me. I don't really like that he didn't throw down any votes until this vote on Quid, which I don't really think is justified:

Kashuno posted:

##vote quid

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Someone Awful, I would really appreciate it if you could come offer up some thoughts and reads. You haven't posted anything of consequence and it really is critical going into day 2 knowing where everyone stands.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Hal really doesn't have a lot. His early posts are a bit snipe-y, and he throws a lot of soft sus without committing to anything. What really pings me is this:

He throws soft sus at bowmore after moving away from Quid. bowmore had yet to post since the start of the game. When you call him on it, he backs off immediately, calling it a joke.

I feel like town Hal would heed his own advice to

I had no guns to stick to on bowmore, I have not yet begun to load a gun this game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Didn't this game start like less than 24 hours ago or something?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Didn't this game start like less than 24 hours ago or something?

What's your point?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I had no guns to stick to on bowmore, I have not yet begun to load a gun this game.

Yet you're voting him now. Convenient.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

he had to omgus me because he was deflecting before and people were calling him out on it

i see no reason to change my vote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

What's your point?

My point is that you are casing people like it is day 3 of the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly *inconvenient* that the I am voting him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Also Hal's only vote is this one:

This vote very successfully describes itself.

Yes, the inherent joke I was making was not lost on you, bravo.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, the inherent joke I was making was not lost on you, bravo.

It doesn't just feel like a joke, Hal. It feel like a joke with an agenda.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

My point is that you are casing people like it is day 3 of the game.

I can't help that I've got a strong gut, Hal.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The ONLY thing giving me pause right now is my :tinfoil: "would TMM, as scum, be that self conscious and weird out of the bat."

I know meta cases are crap but has anyone actually seen TMM as scum because I don't think I ever have. Is this par for the course?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

The ONLY thing giving me pause right now is my :tinfoil: "would TMM, as scum, be that self conscious and weird out of the bat."

I know meta cases are crap but has anyone actually seen TMM as scum because I don't think I ever have. Is this par for the course?

iirc he was scum in an ecco game but I don't remember anything that stood out for me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

Alright, Quid is almost certainly town. I'm also thinking Exakt is probably town. I don't really like the Quid vote and it physically pains me to say this, but Kash is also probably town.

So that means the scum is between Hal, bowmore and SA.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm around now, hi. also i'm not scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And Quid, I decided to use my vote because Exakt rightly pointed out that a scum rush would be obvious. So I felt free to vote, especially if the person didn't have a vote on them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I know it's a little early, but I will not be around for deadline tomorrow, and tbh probably not most of tomorrow period. I will try and post during the day for sure, and tonight.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

Yay Quid is town!

gut says this is a really weird/buddying response to quidnose's (admittedly good and useful) posting

Quidnose posted:

So I do think that the EXAKT pushing Hal turbo could be a little scummy if not for the fact that I like a lot of EXAKT's jokephase posting and I really feel like he's not coming from a malicious place. He has enough town sense about him in the moments when he's actually called out:

This is his first solid response to TMM, but this is what really seals the deal for me:

I don't see scum coming in and shutting this down. I feel like scum EXAKT who understands how quick this game could go would silently let this ride out and capitalize on this fact rather than being the voice of reason. Gives me good town feels.

i don't have meta, being pretty new (obviously), but my first read on that same point was that EXAKT was trying to look town by shutting down a line of discussion (TMM's hate-on for kashuno) that wasn't really going to go anywhere useful anyway. :shrug:

lemme keep reading

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

dunno how to feel about TMM. i feel like it'd be to scum's benefit to let jokephase go on for awhile and TMM seemed to be seriousposting right off the bat

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
SA who do you think is a scum?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

Kash are you scum? Please tell the turht.

also Kash never answered this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Someone Awful! posted:

dunno how to feel about TMM. i feel like it'd be to scum's benefit to let jokephase go on for awhile and TMM seemed to be seriousposting right off the bat

Gonna go ahead and disagree with you here I think TMM would just be himself.

EXAKT Science posted:

also Kash never answered this.

No?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Gonna go ahead and disagree with you here I think TMM would just be himself.

No?

You don't seem convinced.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Kash what are your scumreads so far?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

You don't seem convinced.

Tis the season

http://youtu.be/Pw2sex1mJNI

EXAKT Science posted:

Kash what are your scumreads so far?

Bout to hit the gym, I'll give you my scum reads later tonight

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Tis the season

http://youtu.be/Pw2sex1mJNI

Bout to hit the gym, I'll give you my scum reads later tonight

Really? You typed up that whole sentence instead of writing the names of two or three people? Exakt wasn't asking you to defend your choices or share your reasoning but you still dodged the question.

I might need to rethink my Kash is probably town stance.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or maybe I want to chance to reread before posting my reads holy gently caress

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There are 6 people in this game aside from you and two of them have barely posted anything. We have produced 4 pages of content.

What exactly do you need to reread here?

All your are doing is dodging a simple question. One you should have an answer for immediately in this small of a game.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i don't really know what TMM being TMM means but if this is pretty much how he always plays, I can work with it. It discounts my only real read on him, so :shrug: is not the first time in this game Kash has made a "TMM gonna TMM" post either

gut instinct says hal is scum but i have absolutely nothing to substantiate it with. i also have a weak scum-read on EXAKT but i think i may just be oversensitive to what feels like someone playing town leader, because nothing EXAKT has posted actually reads as particularly scummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we lynch Hal?

• Locked thread