Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

"Spielberg is on the line, he's looking for a 'qualified marine biologist', what do we got on the books?"

Would you want to miss your big break in a dolphin wanking scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
r/starcitizen: What will prevent grieving?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

neonbregna posted:

I am pretty sure forcing your children to consume that should be child abuse

Who said anything about forcing? Here's a video of my kids at a local buffet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sItAt25NiY4

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Grieving is generally caused by the loss of loved ones. So obviously, the easiest way to prevent it is to have no social connections. That alone should make SC pretty darn grief-proof as it is.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bushiz posted:

For real though Sandi isn't a great person but y'all are calling an agency listing a resume and totally misinterpreting it.

The reason it lists 9 different types of swimming and double counts languages and lists her Australian accent is because when casting agents are looking for people to a play bit characters for a scene where there's a swim meet in Australia, they want to be able to pull a huge file from those search parameters.

I know some of y'all can't be that dumb
You're missing the point. The agency resume is seen as an extension of that with its clearly exaggerated claims. Watch a Sandi appearance on "Reverse the Verse", or "Ask Sandi", or elsewhere, and listen to how often she steers a conversation about the game into a self-congratulatory and dishonest conversation about herself. Often apropos of nothing, she has derailed a game discussion to provide viewers with irrelevant "facts" about herself, which include.

• Her "15/15 vision".
• Her Mixed Martial Arts Training classes with a 6th Dan Blackbelt.
• Her discussions about her reading the Lord of the Rings in a French Book club.
• Her discussions of her extensive marketing experience (in doing publicity for a nightclub).
• Her degrees in Marketing & Business Administration.
• Her recent description of her talents making her the equivalent of 10 other employees-- all in one. (She is irreplaceable!)

The reason all these additional details on her agency listing are actually of interest is that we see yet further evidence of her pathological embellishments and lies, all meant to pad out her painfully thin career accomplishments. She claims to be a Marine Biologist, a 15 year student of classical piano, a speaker of a bazillion languages, and a bunch of other crap. Yet the only real accomplishments she seems to have proof of are of her modeling career.

She appears to be deeply embarrassed by her actual biography: a hot Australian chick with acting ambitions who sought out and then married a former gaming legend and movie director- and many, many years later was rewarded with a VP position in a business that won the crowdfunding lottery. Her attempts to keep the marriage secret ultimately failed-- but she's doing yeoman's work trying to burnish her fictive qualifications, at least until such time as she can land a part in a big budget TV or film project and she can leave this motley band of nerdy, needy, ball-less gamer dorks behind.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 16, 2015

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

My second favourite kind of music is contemporary music
Derek Smart.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ZenMaster posted:

In other news Force Awakens is getting 97% on RT

Featuring Star Citizen's own Mark Hamill.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

quote:

The installation issues are because the person didn't uninstall the game properly, IMO.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
if sandis so great how come star citizen is crap

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
What we have here is basically this:

Prototype sim shown at GDC Austin - Scrapped. Redone.
Character model - Scrapped. Redone.
Ship models - Redone. Redone. Redone. Scrapped. Redone. Etc.
FPS/Star Marine - Scrapped. Redone.
Patcher - To be scrapped and redone.
Rendering Tech - Redone. Redone.
UI - Scrapped. Redone. To be scrapped and redone again when MobiGlass is implemented.
Hangars - Scrapped. Redone. To be scrapped and redone again.
3D Support - Scrapped. To be redone.
Arena Commander - To be scrapped and redone.
Physics - To be redone.
Network Coding - Possibly to be scrapped, definitely to be redone.
Sever Architecture - To be scrapped and redone.
PvP/PvE Toilet Flush/Slider Mechanic - Yet to be done.

What we are looking at is 4 years of work producing 1 year's worth of product.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 2, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Leave Sandi alone you bastards! :qq:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

alphabettitouretti posted:

From the comments of an RPS article on ED Horizons.

It's me, I'm the one searching every day to find out if Sandi Toksvig is married. I just want to know if I have a chance with her.

I haven't played ED yet but that expansion better be something amazing for that price. Maybe that person figures space games should be like the X series, where you just play around in small sectors within systems (or at planets, in the case of Earth and the Sol system).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I haven't played ED yet but that expansion better be something amazing for that price. Maybe that person figures space games should be like the X series, where you just play around in small sectors within systems (or at planets, in the case of Earth and the Sol system).

From what I'm reading its less of an expansion right now and more like a year pass for all the things they are going to be implementing. Seems ok if you dont have the base game and dont mind grinding and want a proper scale space game. Doesn't seem good at all if you already have the base game.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

I now have a copy of "Shine".

I'm inspecting it to find Sandi's starring appearance. Software is stripping out DRM so I can take screenshots or grab clips if find any evidence a star being born...

You are doing sterling work.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Stream's starting in 10 minutes. I'm still curious what the big announcement's going to be.

http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Sarsapariller posted:

Stream's starting in 10 minutes. I'm still curious what the big announcement's going to be.

That's a good question, I mean they already announced they were selling the big ships again.

Maybe this is to officially kick off their Christmas/AnyHolidayYouGiveUsMoney sale.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

How bad will the camera cuts be this time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daztek posted:

How bad will the camera cuts be this time.

$100 million dollars good.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Live stream in 5...

hilarious that their logo is smoke and mirrors...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

quote:

You are permanently banned from talking in starcitizen.

:(

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

who else watchin the live stream say yeah

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

who else watchin the live stream say yeah

:yeah:

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

I got banned from the stream chat for asking if the stream is going to get delayed like everything else regarding Star Citizen. :smith:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

what did you say?

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

Aurra posted:

I got banned from the stream chat for asking if the stream is going to get delayed like everything else regarding Star Citizen. :smith:
Why ask when you already know the answer?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Aurra posted:

Mine was for shittalking during the last stream and asking if Sandi would still be employed if she weren't married to chris.

Oooh, we're live!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Aurra posted:

Anything other than the most over-the-top praise will pretty much earn you an instant ban in chat, and quickly earn you a ban on the official forums. It's almost like they're assholes!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Stream on!!!!!!!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Oh good it's going to be three loving hours long and they won't show the surprise until the end. gently caress it, I'll catch the highlights later.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Is a gigantic necklace a requirement to work at CIG?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Protip turn off Twitch chat lest ye want Force Awakens spoilerz

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bushiz posted:

For real though Sandi isn't a great person but y'all are calling an agency listing a resume and totally misinterpreting it.

The reason it lists 9 different types of swimming and double counts languages and lists her Australian accent is because when casting agents are looking for people to a play bit characters for a scene where there's a swim meet in Australia, they want to be able to pull a huge file from those search parameters.

I know some of y'all can't be that dumb

Ghostlight posted:

She lists Tae Bo under her martial arts skills.
I've added emphasis.

Also I can totally post Force Awakens spoilers here if you guys don't want to get them from Twitch.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Not watching stream is the big reveal a sale it's a sale right?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

These new Santa Monica livestreams lack the energy of their older year-end events. It's amazing how much energy and mirth a drunk Wingman could bring, yet how little a sober actress Marine Biologist can.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 16, 2015

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Holy poo poo is that a black guy?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

These new Santa Monica livestreams lack the energy of their older year-end events. It's amazing how much energy and mirth a drunk Wingman could bring, yet how little a sober actress Marine Biologist can.

She seems pissed off and edgy already. She couldn't stop sniping at people in little asides before the stream was even 10 minutes old.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This pipeline video is fascinating for all the ways CIG has ignored it in the past.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Holy poo poo they have CLIPPING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"The interior of the ship for me is a map, it's a multiplayer map."

Man I remember how angry spergs got when we first discussed that.

• Locked thread