Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sabre

Vanguard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
JPEG gallery.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Freelancer will be flyable, and the Sabre will be hangar ready.

Ship sale begins with 3 Reliant variants.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I look forward to racing along the surface of blank-concrete-slab planet.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Reliant variants going on sale in 2(0) mins

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And thus the engineering debt was saddled with News Van gameplay.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They've talked about it before. It still seems ludicrous.

All the thrills of being an ambulance chasing scumbag, in space.

...actually that does sound kind of fun.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

They've talked about it before. It still seems ludicrous.

Yeah. Apparently they want to integrate stuff for streaming or... something. I don't know.

Variant 2: Research!

Variant 3: Combat!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tippis posted:

That was after WWII and is therefore inadmissible as evidence in a space-WWII game. :colbert:

June 27, 1923

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Unbelievable. They have a camera/gun? LOL

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

someone explain the idiotic news van ship cause I don't get it at all...

like, who needs that to record footage in game AT ALL

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I've never understood "Research" spaceships. It'd be like trying to cram a chem lab in the back of an 18 wheeler.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is among the dumbest things I've heard about in a video game.

Perhaps It can be used to film evidence of piracy and griefing throughout the 'verse. Maybe they can call the news van company Video News Productions.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It starts horizontal and then shifts to a vertical orientation during flight.

When it rotates somebody's going to get feet in their face :lol::lol:

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

heres a news van to film all the gameplay in our game

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Acquilae posted:

It can be used to film evidence of piracy and griefing throughout the 'verse. Maybe they can call the news van company Video News Productions.

You can only submit grieving griefing reports with the NewsVanShip

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Idris and Javelin sale planned in 20 minutes.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

News Van? Really, a loving News Van? What in the goddamn gently caress is even going on with this game? Like seriously, how the gently caress are they going to jam in universe journalism gameplay into this poo poo? Seriously, how are you supposed to even play as a newsman in a star-fighter video game?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ben posted:

Star Citizen's going to be fun with the $35 aurora.

LIES

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
Fanfare for the Common Man rip-off music?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Javelin blockout walkthough showing a ship that holds more people than the game.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Protip turn off Twitch chat lest ye want Force Awakens spoilerz

Luke getting killed and being resurrected on the dark side isn't really a spoiler

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Well it's gonna be more fun than the gas station attendant ship, the space-bus or the loving NEWS VAN ship.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Javelin blockout walkthough showing a ship that holds more people than the game.

If they really want to sell these they should show off a pimped captain's quarters.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why does the Star Citizen logo include Ben and Sandi's name in the background?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

DoctorStrangelove posted:

News Van? Really, a loving News Van? What in the goddamn gently caress is even going on with this game? Like seriously, how the gently caress are they going to jam in universe journalism gameplay into this poo poo? Seriously, how are you supposed to even play as a newsman in a star-fighter video game?

"We gotta send our News Van out there to cover and get the scoop, great Scott!"

*uses CIG's possess any companion NPC mechanic to automatically see what's going on instead*

neonbregna posted:

Luke getting killed and being resurrected on the dark side isn't really a spoiler

You're right. It sounds like the kind of utter dumb poo poo, that makes me want to watch the thing, just to see if it really got this stupid.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The designers just dont care how they get it to work as long as it exists. Who cares if there is no real functional purpose for the thing to exist, it sounds cool and some person is dreaming about becoming a cameraman in space and he's willing to spend mad cash for it.

Its the engineers duty to make this nightmare work. I pity every single comp eng/sci that works in CIG.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
"Fan Cave" :cripes:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Someone explain to me how these big ships aren't just a gigantic gimmick, like, finding a crew for it seems like it will be super frustrating. Not to mention when someone drops during a mission or whatever.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Oh my god they are building a studio to look like a basement and they call it the fan cave. You can't make that poo poo up.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Woot! Chris gave a shout out to Imperium!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Daztek posted:

Someone explain to me how these big ships aren't just a gigantic gimmick, like, finding a crew for it seems like it will be super frustrating. Not to mention when someone drops during a mission or whatever.

NPC crew.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

neonbregna posted:

I hope this happens or I will be grognard

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

so you have to go wake them up or interrupt them eating their space soup to get them on deck? why the sleeping quarters and mess halls? WHY???

Y

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bait and Swatch posted:

I hope this happens or I will be grognard

I hope Mark Hamill is a surprise appearance with EP.6 Palpatine-levels of oooooldfuck makeup.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ZenMaster posted:

so you have to go wake them up or interrupt them eating their space soup to get them on deck? why the sleeping quarters and mess halls? WHY???

Y

Multiple shifts of NPC crew.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well poo poo. Those MISC ships look dope as gently caress. Except for the news van. That looks retarded. "Now with built in Twitch functionality (because making sure Shadowplay is running is too much work)!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ZenMaster posted:

Y

it will be space dwarf fortress

only less fps

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mirificus posted:

June 27, 1923

Looks more like WWI, so obviously not applicable to space-WWII. :colbert:

(All true scotsmen have big wheel permanently attached to their goalposts — it's so much easier that way.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That Retaliator isn't centered in that frame and it's really bothering me.

• Locked thread