Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I hate to break the Grand Order chain, but lets talk Kara no Kyoukai:

How can I get more like that? Am I doomed because TM/Ufotable is just a unique combination? I know poo poo-all about anime, I watched the type-moon care package with UBW/Fate-Zero/KnK, Attack on Titan, Miyazaki-stuff, FLCL and read Dragonball. So I have pretty much no idea whats out there, help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Learn Japanese and read DDD :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Wuxi posted:

I hate to break the Grand Order chain, but lets talk Kara no Kyoukai:

How can I get more like that? Am I doomed because TM/Ufotable is just a unique combination? I know poo poo-all about anime, I watched the type-moon care package with UBW/Fate-Zero/KnK, Attack on Titan, Miyazaki-stuff, FLCL and read Dragonball. So I have pretty much no idea whats out there, help me.

Have you watched normie-tier anime One Punch-Man yet

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Might as well take it to the anime rec thread and point out what specific portions of the things you liked were. For example, from the Miyazaki bit I'd probably wind up saying "Oh, you might like Mamoru Hosoda's films".

If you're OK with not-anime you could always give the FSN VN a whirl so that you can tackle Heaven's Feel because it's starting to look like that movie is not going to be happening any time soon.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

If you're OK with not-anime you could always give the FSN VN a whirl so that you can tackle Heaven's Feel because it's starting to look like that movie is not going to be happening any time soon.

And it might also be a bit of a trainwreck, since they have apparently decided to animate the longest route in the game as a single movie for no adequately explored reason.

Coming back to the F/GO chat for a second, it it better to reset the box the moment you get the ticket, or to keep drawing until you get everything you want out of it?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Aumanor posted:

Coming back to the F/GO chat for a second, it it better to reset the box the moment you get the ticket, or to keep drawing until you get everything you want out of it?

You might as well keep drawing until you have everything interesting, since getting stockings is easy enough that you should have no problem getting all the black tickets even if you clear out every box.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I've seen people saying that once you get the cube thing you can keep resetting to get all the other stuff as much as you want. So at least that's the route I'm going for. I just got my 3rd ticket so we'll see if it works in a bit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yeah after you get all the big prizes it'll have a final box that refreshes every time it's emptied out. It's got the same stuff minus apples.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Guess who managed to spend 16 tickets and 111 quartz with nothing to show for it except some bad 3-star servants and some lovely CEs

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Sounds like an average day with the gatcha.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
On the bright side, i managed to spend 32,000,000 QP in five seconds

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still need more fangs to get Okita to Stage Three, thankfully I can keep resetting these presents to try for more

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Might as well take it to the anime rec thread and point out what specific portions of the things you liked were. For example, from the Miyazaki bit I'd probably wind up saying "Oh, you might like Mamoru Hosoda's films".

True, but if even Baal didn't know KnK when he wrote the op, I figured everyone would just look at me strangely when I say "Something like KnK" in the rec thread.
The other stuff is just the stuff I've seen, no relation to what I'm looking for.

Compendium posted:

Have you watched normie-tier anime One Punch-Man yet

No, but I will. I just want some eye-candy mystery with cool music that takes itself entirely to serious first. Philosophical discussions optional.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still need to watch Knk, sorry everyone

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

I still need to watch Knk, sorry everyone

The only person you have to apologize to is yourself. (And me, you can't recommend me anything like that)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Wuxi posted:

No, but I will. I just want some eye-candy mystery with cool music that takes itself entirely to serious first. Philosophical discussions optional.

Mushishi sounds like it might be right up your alley. And maybe Fullmetal Alchemist (the first series and Brotherhood, ignore the movies). For a good anime movie, Millennium Actress is v. good.

FGO chat: Nursery Rhyme's NP is very cute, but it doesn't seem all that powerful.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 17, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I did some math on the Christmas prize table, which have apple that refills energy.

If i got this right, if you can get 85 stocking per 40 ap quest at max master level, you will break even with the ap cost by using all the apple, which mean you can grind this infinitely.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 17, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Wuxi posted:

Steins;Gate. (It does get goofy at times, but the serious parts will scratch that itch.)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think Beef/Baal had never heard of KnK before, just hadn't seen it yet. KnK actually was included, erroneously in my opinion, in the list of "Anime you should watch if you're new to Anime" on the wiki so it's relatively well known around here.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think Beef/Baal had never heard of KnK before, just hadn't seen it yet. KnK actually was included, erroneously in my opinion, in the list of "Anime you should watch if you're new to Anime" on the wiki so it's relatively well known around here.
I also don't think we should suggest that people watch good things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I knew about Knk far before I came to SA, thanks BMW and Melty Blood.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
seriously has there been no news on the HF movie

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
like do we even have a ballpark date on when that poo poo's coming out

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm guessing from the God Eater delays that Ufotable is pretty slammed so it won't be like this winter season or something crazy soon.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm guessing it'll be a joint release with the Tsukihime remake.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

I did some math on the Christmas prize table, which have apple that refills energy.

If i got this right, if you can get 85 stocking per 40 ap quest at max master level, you will break even with the ap cost by using all the apple, which mean you can grind this infinitely.

Last gacha doesn't have apples tho.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

seriously has there been no news on the HF movie
Literally nothing as far as my knowledge goes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LORD OF BUTT posted:

When we know, you'll know

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Kyte posted:

Last gacha doesn't have apple
Aww... I probably will have to spend those three apples anyway. :ohdearsass:

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Alright, got all the tickets, KFC, and around 60 gold exp cards hoarded up. Santa Alter is gonna get real buff real quick.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://mmos.com/news/fategrand-order-upcoming-anime-speculation

Anime Talk and Gacha Talk shall be one and the same.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

I hope the F/GO anime consists entirely of people spending thousands of dollars on Black Keys

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm excited

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
We get speculation, but still no Heaven's Feel...

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
btw, mewarmo (one of the good translators) is doing the Christmas event. I recommend reading it, it's hilarious.

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Choice quotes posted:

Santa Alter: Let me reintroduce myself. I am Santa Alter, the Evil Santa Claus that cleaves through the breath-freezing winter.
---
Santa Alter: Good grief. All I did was use Morgan as a jet engine to reach the stratosphere. Pathetic beasts.
---
Santa Alter: How rude! I am not screaming! I am singing!
Santa Alter: If I advertise ourselves like this, we won’t crash into any airplanes! That’s just common Santa sense!

--
Santa Alter: Thus, my plan to launch a preemptive strike well ahead of the date is in compliance with ancient Santa doctrine.
---
Marie: Heh heh heh. This is the first time I’ve had such feelings of violence. It makes my heart race! Anti-aircraft fire is so much fun! ❤

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fan art of prologue.

Choice quote posted:

Santa Alter: Time to get on your knees, little ones! Take my presents!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 18, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

while I'm tentatively down for a F/GO anime (because it sounds rad but is unlikely to ever not be in moonrunes) I am going to loving poo poo if this means the HF movie got pushed back to 2017/2018.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The movie will be made by DEEN while ufotable works on the anime

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The movie will be made by DEEN while ufotable works on the anime

if this happens i will go loving super saiyan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need 8 gears to fully ascend okita aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I hope it doesn't follow the manga and ditch Mashu/Matthew/Mash/whatever entirely for the other protagonist.