Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
I was thinking of buying the game because $30 why not, I've probably spent over 10k on steam on games I don't even play, but this stream is reminding me not to give them any money :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Chris: "Anyone watching this. This chat interface, I promise you, is going get scrapped. This is the most awkward, ugly, unusable interface I've ever seen."

There's a bit of that Chris the Escapist told us about. He's just not yelling since he's live- but the bile is real.

This latter portion of the livestream is delivering some serious future Parp material. I'm glad I came back.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 16, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
He's gonna get rammed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Godammit rear end in a top hat don't loving salute CR do the finger animation.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
croberts playing Star Citizen right now, 12.9K views. This guy? 33.9K twitch.tv/lirik

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Nomenclature posted:

"[My game] has the most awkward, ugly, unusable interface I've ever seen."
-Chris Roberts, 12/16/15

He actually said this people

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
Crash Roberts!

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
this is so embarassing.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

This is like watching your dad playing a videogame

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nomenclature posted:

"[My game] has the most awkward, ugly, unusable interface I've ever seen."
-Chris Roberts, 12/16/15

Ahahahahah, someone save that video clip to quote at cultists in the future, because guaranteed they will edit that crap out eventually if not soon.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is Chris Roberts playing his dream. This is him playing the game he has always wanted.

It's amazing.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
JUST PLUG THIS THING

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

haha he just made a very audible "i'm annoyed sound"

LOL he never set up his joystick....

Okay he is getting really pissed. Why are they still showing us this? Cut and bail and dude

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I've seen less depressing funerals.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand freeze.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
I've never owned a mac (well except for an ipad) and I really enjoy PC/Android over Apple, but I can see the appeal of things just working, even if you have less freedom.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
star citizen in a nutshell.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

aaand his computer hard locked.

Perfection.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I can just hear the airhorns in the background. Paarping ode to joy.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Am I on camera?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh they starting it all over again. Okay, just running the audio over again.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I would like to hear Mr. Smart's thoughts

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Holy poo poo this is really really really really bad. If the owner of the company can't run the game how are they refusing refunds?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Why are they showing this? The only thing this does is confirm that Chris has never actually played his own loving game.

I mean, you've got nothing at all, but don't somehow make it worse!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

How the hell did this man convince people to give him money, again?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
LOL wtf with the mismatching audio

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

wow this stream just officially fell to pieces. they tried to cut away from crobberts but left the camera on him as he lost his poo poo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
PLANETARY LANDING. CALLED IT.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

From pupil to planet: the story of ben lesnick

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: this is perfect disaster

and they cut to a commercial hahahahaha

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Vermain posted:

I've seen less depressing funerals.

I'm not sure funerals are meant to have this much unintended comedy in them.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Someone kill him like British tia

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

PLANETARY LANDING. CALLED IT.

nah

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
Revolutionary feature that Space Engineers already has - confirmed!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

wow this stream just officially fell to pieces. they tried to cut away from crobberts but left the camera on him as he lost his poo poo.

Are you serious? Hahahahaha

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

We were right (those of us speculating earlier in the thread on the big reveal of today...)

This is Chris' "SUCK IT moment for Braben...

G0RF posted:

think this is a reasonable guess, for the following reason.

Chris Roberts seems to have the frenemy dynamic with Braben. On the one hand, he encouraged backers to support the game and makes nice in joint interviews with Braben. On the other hand, there have been gauntlets thrown down ("BDSSE") and attempts at upstaging Elite which backfired and were postponed.

I honestly think it burns the hell out of Chris seeing Elite quietly continuing to make steady progress-- with regular new ship roll outs, CQC, expansion to Xbox One, in game Community Goals, etc. Elite has also been on the leading edge with VR - and is about to get a nitrous oxide boost with Vive and Oculus' commercial launches. It's consider a "MUST OWN" title for VR owners because it embraces VR's limitations perfectly and apparently truly does make people feel "they are flying in a spaceship in a huge beautiful galaxy"...

Put simply, to maximize Chris' horror, Elite in VR is "hugely immersive".

As annoying as those milestones are, and as bad as they make CIG's flounderings, their buggy releases, their ship delays and postponed shooter components look, the upcoming planetary landings expansion represents a hugely ambition expansion to the Elite universe. It's now two miles wide and an inch deep.

Nevertheless-- it's pretty drat cool and with refinement passes and looting/crafting in Horizons, it has the potential to get even more immersive. While Frontier strides from strength to strength, CIG lurches, slouches, and can't walk a straight line, let alone start running.

I personally think this really bothers Chris-- and it's made worse by the fact that he has so much more money and should be absolutely leaving Elite in the space dust by now. So I do believe there's a chance Chris- motivated by professional jealousy and pride- would've had his team fast tracking procedural generation with planetary landings. It's on their "To Do" list anyway, but I think a near term preview is possible, though not a near term rollout...

Because even though he's got Braben in his crosshairs, those crosshairs are floating around unbound to his weapon due to crappy code merges...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 16, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Tell me SOMEONE is capturing this for a later upload, because cripes this kind of thing cannot be allowed to just be willy nilly deleted by CIG's later editing.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
PAGING DEREK!!!!!!!!!

"seamless transition from space to ground level" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e: procedural gen though, I thought they wouldnt do that. I think its just for the surface though, you can go inside a hangar and stuff that would be the same always.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This all sounds amazing and I hope to watch it this evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Was anyone recording for posterity?

• Locked thread