Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

can we lynch Hal?

I'd vote Hal or Kash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I'd vote Hal or Kash.

Right now I'm with you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's not me, I am a good guy.

I would like Kash to get back from the gym and say something of substance. TMM makes a valid point that there is very little actual content in this game and Kash should be able to at least offer a general opinion if not a well-constructed case before heading out for a workout. Reads like buying time.

bowmore seems to be getting a pass right now. It's hard for me to say much about him without people saying OMGUS but all he's done is vote me on "gut" and then double down on my reaction that wasn't serious at all. He's played enough games with me to know that I'm not going to over-react to an early vote and that I'm an easy case to make, and I don't like how he's now trying to hurry a vote on me without providing a substantive reason (although this is also typical bowmore)

I dunno about EXAKT, he could be scum with bowmore and they are doubling down on over-reacting to jokes trying to get an easy D1 lynch figuring that they can hurry LYLO. He's at least offering reasoning though, even though I think he should also know me well enough to know that I don't really say much that is serious D1.

Quid seems solid to me right now, although usually you need to put some pressure on him to work out if he's scum or not.

TMM/SA I don't have a handle on yet, although SA's post here

Someone Awful! posted:

i don't really know what TMM being TMM means but if this is pretty much how he always plays, I can work with it. It discounts my only real read on him, so :shrug: is not the first time in this game Kash has made a "TMM gonna TMM" post either

gut instinct says hal is scum but i have absolutely nothing to substantiate it with. i also have a weak scum-read on EXAKT but i think i may just be oversensitive to what feels like someone playing town leader, because nothing EXAKT has posted actually reads as particularly scummy

is pretty white-noisy. Not really taking a stance on anything and leaves himself open to vote 2/3rds of the players.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Okay Hal that was a good post.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
SA is new, but that post is really their only piece of real content, and I don't love it. They could very easily be newbie scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

There are 6 people in this game aside from you and two of them have barely posted anything. We have produced 4 pages of content.

What exactly do you need to reread here?

All your are doing is dodging a simple question. One you should have an answer for immediately in this small of a game.

Look dude. I play every single active game simultaneously and many of them have the same players.i need to take the time to review my scum reads in each game before discussing them because it could be residual from one of the other games they are in that gives me vibes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
PS I just stepped out of the gym and am getting in the train. I will post content when home thank you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Cool. So right now I've got scum vibes hard from SA and TMM, a very weak ping from Hal. EXAKT and Quid feel town to me. Bowmore posts nothing yet again so that's a null.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'll own up to being a crappy white-noise poster so far this game, but dumb doesn't always equal scum. it does make me an easy target for scum to push though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Someone Awful! posted:

i'll own up to being a crappy white-noise poster so far this game, but dumb doesn't always equal scum. it does make me an easy target for scum to push though.

I don't disagree with that! It's hard for a game with so little time for a player without meta reads to be super contributive with how little content there is. If I felt strong enough, I'd have a vote on you

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Someone Awful! posted:

Ehhhhh

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
SA I understand that you're new, but that post really doesn't do anything to contribute to scumhunting. All it does is deflect away from you. I'd appreciate it if you would pick two or three players, read through their content, and analyze it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Someone Awful! posted:

i don't really know what TMM being TMM means but if this is pretty much how he always plays, I can work with it. It discounts my only real read on him, so :shrug: is not the first time in this game Kash has made a "TMM gonna TMM" post either

gut instinct says hal is scum but i have absolutely nothing to substantiate it with. i also have a weak scum-read on EXAKT but i think i may just be oversensitive to what feels like someone playing town leader, because nothing EXAKT has posted actually reads as particularly scummy

This post bothers me though. Gut reads don't appear out of nowhere. Even if it's just one thing someone said, it had to have originated somewhere. What about Hal ticked you?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am less bothered by Kashuno asking for time to review as I am with the fact that it was entirely unnecessary for him to post. Why not just look at the thread, go "I'll deal with that later" and then go to the gym? That's self-consciousness about a need to generate content and that isn't town.

Then he comes back with this:

Kashuno posted:

I don't disagree with that! It's hard for a game with so little time for a player without meta reads to be super contributive with how little content there is. If I felt strong enough, I'd have a vote on you

And this is the most mafia-coach buddy buddy poo poo, yo.

##vote Kashuno this is not town play and glaringly scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

That post jumped out at me so bad I couldn't remember if he had actually posted reads:

Kashuno posted:

Cool. So right now I've got scum vibes hard from SA and TMM, a very weak ping from Hal. EXAKT and Quid feel town to me. Bowmore posts nothing yet again so that's a null.

TMM is an easy target, Hal is currently on a lot of people's lists. This is lazy.

I am most curious about including SA. Why is he a strong scum vibe over Hal? Why is he someone who has posted more content than bowmore?

You set up this grand parlor reveal you had to delay for the gym and this is what we get? There is nothing to back this up. Come on, Kashuno, play scum better :(

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah I definitely agree with Quid about Kashuno. The way he's been interacting with SA gives me strong scum vibes. This post in particular:

Kashuno posted:

I don't understand the need to justify not having a vote down, at least not from a town perspective. Especially contrasted with his earlier post:

Kashuno posted:

So you have hard scum vibes on SA, on par with TMM, but don't feel strongly enough to vote. This doesn't seem consistent to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The interactions between Kash and SA read to me like they could be a bus. I'm much more confident about Kashuno, however.

##vote Kashuno

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
bowmore more like post more

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lmao these votes are trash and you tell me I need to play scum better

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's as if the two of you have never played Mafia with me. Or you're scummy as hell lmao but whatever I get lynched and you guys are at lylo tomorrow from what amounts to basically thinking that SA isn't quite worth a vote yet. Lol at the idea Bowmore has produced more/equal content to look at as SA that is just so transparently fake and easy to disprove it's embarrassing. SA's post bother me more than Hal's because Hal looks like he is analyzing the content of the game more than SA excusing himself from looking into things.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
FWIW after that exchange I think there is likely scum between exakt and quid as both those cases are full on trash, but I'm not sure which. If I had to go with my gut thoughts, it'd be exakt for hopping on a bad case, restating, and then trying to expand on it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So Kash reacts poorly and attacks the votes. Hey Kash, are you RPing me this game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

So Kash reacts poorly and attacks the votes. Hey Kash, are you RPing me this game?

No I react poorly to bad votes not all votes :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah I definitely agree with Quid about Kashuno. The way he's been interacting with SA gives me strong scum vibes. This post in particular:

I don't understand the need to justify not having a vote down, at least not from a town perspective. Especially contrasted with his earlier post:

So you have hard scum vibes on SA, on par with TMM, but don't feel strongly enough to vote. This doesn't seem consistent to me.

Also I just want to point out that I don't have a vote on SA or TMM so what is your point here EXAKT?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

No I react poorly to bad votes not all votes :v:

So you ARE RPing me! :aaa:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

EXAKT Science posted:

Also I just want to point out that I don't have a vote on SA or TMM so what is your point here EXAKT?

mafia edit

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

That post jumped out at me so bad I couldn't remember if he had actually posted reads:

TMM is an easy target, Hal is currently on a lot of people's lists. This is lazy.

I am most curious about including SA. Why is he a strong scum vibe over Hal? Why is he someone who has posted more content than bowmore?

You set up this grand parlor reveal you had to delay for the gym and this is what we get? There is nothing to back this up. Come on, Kashuno, play scum better :(

So let's look over this post. States that TMM is an easy target, even though frequently I'm not one to jump on the TMM bandwagon out the gate. Also I've pointed out prior to this places where TMM and I have been in agreement. Hal is giving me a weak scum ping, which just because there is other suspicion on Hal Quid immediately discredits. It's lazy because I have two people on my scum reads that other people do? It's lazy because I find scummy acting players to be scummy? Wtf does that even mean?

Let's move on to SA. He is a strong scum pick over Hal, because a lot of his posting is "I don't have meta reads guys so I may be wrong BUT HERE'S THIS THING." It's needlessly apologetic and an easy out for SA if one of them is lynched and flips town. Hal looks to be putting in effort, and it's a solid analysis of things so far. By a pure numbers game, SA has posted 321 more words in this game than Bowmore, which is inherently more content to analyze. Why Quid even brings this up when even a precursory glance could easily see the difference between SA and Bowmore is beyond me, and seems more like a really weak attempt to discredit me.

And the final line. I did not set up a grand parlor delay, I explained clearly upon returning that with so many games running simultaneously I needed a chance to read stuff over again and make sure any reads I was feeling were solely a result of this game and not being tainted by other games. That's misleading and shows Quid is either ignoring or not reading what I say.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

So let's look over this post. States that TMM is an easy target, even though frequently I'm not one to jump on the TMM bandwagon out the gate. Also I've pointed out prior to this places where TMM and I have been in agreement. Hal is giving me a weak scum ping, which just because there is other suspicion on Hal Quid immediately discredits. It's lazy because I have two people on my scum reads that other people do? It's lazy because I find scummy acting players to be scummy? Wtf does that even mean?

Let's move on to SA. He is a strong scum pick over Hal, because a lot of his posting is "I don't have meta reads guys so I may be wrong BUT HERE'S THIS THING." It's needlessly apologetic and an easy out for SA if one of them is lynched and flips town. Hal looks to be putting in effort, and it's a solid analysis of things so far. By a pure numbers game, SA has posted 321 more words in this game than Bowmore, which is inherently more content to analyze. Why Quid even brings this up when even a precursory glance could easily see the difference between SA and Bowmore is beyond me, and seems more like a really weak attempt to discredit me.

And the final line. I did not set up a grand parlor delay, I explained clearly upon returning that with so many games running simultaneously I needed a chance to read stuff over again and make sure any reads I was feeling were solely a result of this game and not being tainted by other games. That's misleading and shows Quid is either ignoring or not reading what I say.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I am less bothered by Kashuno asking for time to review as I am with the fact that it was entirely unnecessary for him to post. Why not just look at the thread, go "I'll deal with that later" and then go to the gym? That's self-consciousness about a need to generate content and that isn't town.

Then he comes back with this:

And this is the most mafia-coach buddy buddy poo poo, yo.

##vote Kashuno this is not town play and glaringly scum.

btw this post is junk:

1) contradicts the immediate following post and 2) assumes I'm stupid enough to coach a newer scumbro IN THE THREAD.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

btw this post is junk:

1) contradicts the immediate following post and 2) assumes I'm stupid enough to coach a newer scumbro IN THE THREAD.

How is it contradictory? I don't think I see it.

Also, I don't think Quid was saying that you were coaching a scumbro. It could very easily be buddying up to a townie as well.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

That doesn't make it better, it makes it worse, imo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

That doesn't make it better, it makes it worse, imo.

we are at lylo-1. If I am wrong, and throw a vote on a town player, all it takes is one more townie to vote them to allow scum to lynch it. I'm taking my time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
welp. Deadline is today and I am gonna take a chance on it ##vote SA

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

we are at lylo-1. If I am wrong, and throw a vote on a town player, all it takes is one more townie to vote them to allow scum to lynch it. I'm taking my time.

But then why did you vote Quid earlier?

Also as Exakt pointed out earlier a scum rush would be pretty noticeable, so voting isn't really more dangerous than any other non-lylo day.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

But then why did you vote Quid earlier?

Also as Exakt pointed out earlier a scum rush would be pretty noticeable, so voting isn't really more dangerous than any other non-lylo day.

Because I felt confident in being correct. A scum rush doesn't have to happen considering how likely people are to just go with the vote leader.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Less than eight hours to deadline, dorks!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote exakt my vote is not moving and when this really apathetic town votes me out maybe you can all do some analysis of the stuff I said in light of my town flip.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

##vote exakt my vote is not moving and when this really apathetic town votes me out maybe you can all do some analysis of the stuff I said in light of my town flip.

lol k scumbo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

lol k scumbo

except not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Your case on me is inconsistent and reeks of OMGUS. You were calling me and Quid town, and then once we started voting you, we catapulted to the top of your scum list with basically no justification. You also have not engaged any of the questions I've been asking you since your mysterious switch to finding the folx voting you scummy.

• Locked thread