Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Doresh posted:

Actually, the Immortal review gave me an idea. Aside from my hypothetical WoD parody about plumbers (or Oirams, as they will probably be called), I have been thinking about something along the lines of Special: The Snowflaking. There are no actual stats in the game, but each player has to come up with unique names for each and every game mechanic and concept they'd like their PC to use / be good at.

Nice, like those parodies of modern schools seen in horrible old-people political cartoons.

All "my character has a Strawberry in Fulminations and feels that he is Vermilion on the scale of de Beauvoir's Immanence."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

LordSaturn posted:

Have we seen the TBZ annelidist stuff? It's been referenced a lot but never spelled out that I can find.
Here.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

theironjef posted:

We carry on the conversation about replacing simple terms with "round" with colorful terms like "escapade" and discuss the merits and flaws of doing so. Then questions.

I think you could have devoted more time to discussing the value of language being used to create impressions and expectations, and how some terms might better encapsulate a concept than the D&D-isms. As an example, I tend to regard "DM", "GM", "Storyteller", and "Referee" to imply different things about the role; the Dungeon Master is someone who manages a dungeon, that being the entirety of the game; a Game Master is one who holds control over the game in general and absolute terms; a Storyteller is one who has the job of telling a story; and a Referee is someone whose job it is to adjudicate rules. In more detail, a term like 'Storyteller' implies that it's their job to tell a story, which sets expectations for what they and non-ST players are supposed to do.

And sometimes simply using D&D terms implies the wrong things. D&D and games copying it have a history of using 'Dexterity' for the speed-agility attribute, but in modern parlance 'dexterity' is fine motor skill, while the ability to reposition one's body quickly is in the sports-medicinal world terms 'agility'. Some games blindly copy D&D (and I hate them for it), but sometimes I think there are subtler reasons for choosing one word over another than 'avoid lawsuits'. 'Stamina', 'Health', 'Constitution', and 'Endurance' all have their own connotations, and sometimes you want to avoid certain connotations in order to control player expectations.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Rangpur posted:

Yes. At this point, it's basically Exalted, in that whoever runs out of exceedingly long descriptions of their special move first dies instantly. The curse of all shonen manga is to descend into self-parody if they run long enough. ...Huh. And I think I just realized why TBZ is built for one-shots/short campaigns.
There is only one shonen manga that has actually avoided power creep and its because the writer knew off the top how absurd it is from a narrative standpoint most shonen mangas are. Hence the reason why JoJo's caught me off guard because it looks so stereotypical of a shonen manga but most of the time it most battles are won/lost from how quick thinking the characters are. That and the most intense battles in the entire show are ones that ironically don't involve punching.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

MadScientistWorking posted:

There is only one shonen manga that has actually avoided power creep and its because the writer knew off the top how absurd it is from a narrative standpoint most shonen mangas are. Hence the reason why JoJo's caught me off guard because it looks so stereotypical of a shonen manga but most of the time it most battles are won/lost from how quick thinking the characters are. That and the most intense battles in the entire show are ones that ironically don't involve punching.

I wouldn't say avoided entirely. It just happened largely between Part 2 and Part 3, when Jotaro, the most boring and powerful Jojo, happened.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Mors Rattus posted:

I wouldn't say avoided entirely. It just happened largely between Part 2 and Part 3, when Jotaro, the most boring and powerful Jojo, happened.
The problem with that argument is that its not exactly consistent as to whether or not Jotaro's powers actually are relevant in any given battle. There is at least one I can think of where he's absolutely useless at the encounter and my most favorite one where Star Platinum doesn't play into the battle at all.
EDIT:
Not sure about parts 4,5, or 6 but I know in 7 he flat out states that he isn't really all that powerful anymore.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

MadScientistWorking posted:

The problem with that argument is that its not exactly consistent as to whether or not Jotaro's powers actually are relevant in any given battle. There is at least one I can think of where he's absolutely useless at the encounter and my most favorite one where Star Platinum doesn't play into the battle at all.
EDIT:
Not sure about parts 4,5, or 6 but I know in 7 he flat out states that he isn't really all that powerful anymore.

I think you might be reading a different Jojo's Bizarre Adventure from the rest of us.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Red Metal posted:

I think you might be reading a different Jojo's Bizarre Adventure from the rest of us.
This must be the work of an enemy etc.

I think the real difference is that Jotaro's power set does not change - if anything it backslides somewhat - during his later appearances. So yeah, he probably got one of the best "toolkits," but it's how you "use it" that counts.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Nessus posted:

This must be the work of an enemy etc.

I think the real difference is that Jotaro's power set does not change - if anything it backslides somewhat - during his later appearances. So yeah, he probably got one of the best "toolkits," but it's how you "use it" that counts.
Ehhhh..... JoJo's is the type of manga where its been established that your ability to use parlor magic and keeping track of time is arguably just as important in defeating someone with Jotaro's toolkit. Its kind of why JoJo's is different is because its not out of character or even absurd storywise for that sort of thing to happen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jon and Jef:

Bakshi's Wizards movie that you did in Movie Mastery? Someone made an RPG with at least one supplement.

You know what must be done.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Also, thanks for reminding me about Dr. Magnethands. That's totally what is happening Friday.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

LatwPIAT posted:

I think you could have devoted more time to discussing the value of language being used to create impressions and expectations, and how some terms might better encapsulate a concept than the D&D-isms. As an example, I tend to regard "DM", "GM", "Storyteller", and "Referee" to imply different things about the role; the Dungeon Master is someone who manages a dungeon, that being the entirety of the game; a Game Master is one who holds control over the game in general and absolute terms; a Storyteller is one who has the job of telling a story; and a Referee is someone whose job it is to adjudicate rules. In more detail, a term like 'Storyteller' implies that it's their job to tell a story, which sets expectations for what they and non-ST players are supposed to do.

I've always considered them interchangeable, personally. I do think a lot of that stems from branching out from (A)D&D in the early Nineties, and figuring that these were terms coined in order to avoid tangling with TSR's hyperactive legal department. When Railroady McRailroaderson tried to explain to us that being a Storyteller meant that yes, it meant he could hitch us to his high school epic, we shut that poo poo down with a quickness. And despite some flowery language from Vampire, they were generally interchangeable. In an era when there were still DM's eyes-only sections, every GM was a Keeper of Secrets.

I think you're right, at least in the case of modern storygames. When everyone shoulders more narrative and mechanical responsibilities, there's more room for the Overlord to be something other than a term for 'dude what runs the game'.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

LatwPIAT posted:

Okay, now do Hollyhock God.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso

Bieeardo posted:

When Railroady McRailroaderson tried to explain to us that being a Storyteller meant that yes, it meant he could hitch us to his high school epic, we shut that poo poo down with a quickness.
A lot of people didn't, though. The 90s produced a whole new genre of "GM was a dick" stories, except with the GM in the role of rear end in a top hat Auteur Director instead of rear end in a top hat Old Testament God.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

theironjef posted:

Here's a non-anime thing you can enjoy if you want something less anime and more rambling podcast full of listener questions!
Why should we have to choose? I propose you theorycraft an OWoD pastiche called Shonen: The Publishing. In a crapsack setting like World of Darkness, the need for heroes is greater than ever. Lo and behold, they're starting to emerge! But the same forces that animate them are fickle, set in their ways, overworked and easily bored. Will your great curse take the form of Power Creep? Self-parody? Frequent Hiatus? Disinterest? Should you ever give in, your Cancellation is all but assured.

The clans/tribes/spheres/Nilknarfs are Passionate Youth, Dark Revenger, Natural Prodigy, Gag Magnet and Harem Potentate.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Mors Rattus posted:

Okay, now do Hollyhock God.

Chief latte foamer.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Rangpur posted:

Why should we have to choose? I propose you theorycraft an OWoD pastiche called Shonen: The Publishing. In a crapsack setting like World of Darkness, the need for heroes is greater than ever. Lo and behold, they're starting to emerge! But the same forces that animate them are fickle, set in their ways, overworked and easily bored. Will your great curse take the form of Power Creep? Self-parody? Frequent Hiatus? Disinterest? Should you ever give in, your Cancellation is all but assured.

The clans/tribes/spheres/Nilknarfs are Passionate Youth, Dark Revenger, Natural Prodigy, Gag Magnet and Harem Potentate.

That sounds like something that would be great for a short gag campaign.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Which Nilknarf is Saitama?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Natural Prodigy (at punching). Cursed by Frequent Hiatus.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Do they have to be from manga or anime? Because I want to make Kazuma Kiryu: Dark Revenger/Poorly Exported.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

A lot of people didn't, though. The 90s produced a whole new genre of "GM was a dick" stories, except with the GM in the role of rear end in a top hat Auteur Director instead of rear end in a top hat Old Testament God.

Ayup. That guy we shut down hard, but we ate that garbage with a spoon when it came to LARP.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Midjack posted:

Jon and Jef:

Bakshi's Wizards movie that you did in Movie Mastery? Someone made an RPG with at least one supplement.

Wow, one copy on Amazon for 43 bucks. I'll buy that with Christmas money, since it sounds amazing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

theironjef posted:

Wow, one copy on Amazon for 43 bucks. I'll buy that with Christmas money, since it sounds amazing.

I might still have my copy (don't remember if I sold it or not)- if I do, it's all yours.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

Pm me a PayPal address, I'll chip in for that.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Thanks for the Dr. Magnethands recommend. I was surprised you actually answered my question about drunken roleplaying, but I promise my next question to you will be much more random and stupid.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Thanks for the Dr. Magnethands recommend. I was surprised you actually answered my question about drunken roleplaying, but I promise my next question to you will be much more random and stupid.

We play it at the local store on their 40k league night sometimes. Immediately becomes the most fun thing in the building.

Generally though, we buy the cheapest board game on the used rack and play that. Some of them have been real winners, and some of them have been old trivia games where the questions don't make any sense.

Midjack posted:

Pm me a PayPal address, I'll chip in for that.

Pope Guilty posted:

I might still have my copy (don't remember if I sold it or not)- if I do, it's all yours.

we don't have a paypal set up for System Mastery, but you can use mine if you want (Jon will keep me honest). It's theironjef at gmail. But definitely let Pope check to see if he's got a copy. That game sounds like a legit win, given how extremely annoyed Wizards left us.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If I still have it it's in some boxes- I'll check tomorrow afternoon and let you know.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

theironjef posted:

Nice, like those parodies of modern schools seen in horrible old-people political cartoons.

All "my character has a Strawberry in Fulminations and feels that he is Vermilion on the scale of de Beauvoir's Immanence."

I think you could also turn this into a party game of sorts if PCs are created one after the other and everyone has the same general profession. You'll start with "policeman Ice Miller tazers murder hobos" and end up with "Grand Upholder of Order Julius Leaf-of-Autumn metes out righteous justice against the Hordes of Chaotic Beggarness with Bolts of Lightning" (or something similar with latin terms).

Rangpur posted:

The 5-dot-mentor has no time for you because he is busy being an old pervert. Unless you're a girl, then he has time for you, though not in the way you think.

Combat also largely consists of mental combat, in which you rattle off exposition about all of your special moves and abilities to gain extra dice for when you actually do end up using a special move or ability.

Midjack posted:

Jon and Jef:

Nice. There can never be enough silly post-apocalyptic games.

Tenra Bansho Zero

Against the Tide

This chapter features an example sub-setting or "playset" for Tenra. It describes a specific region of Tenra in greater detail, but is by no means hardcoded into the greater setting. If the GM has better ideas for that particular region, he can just go for it.

The playset in question revolves around the province of Ryurin-shu on the Central Continent aka Yashima. More specifically, it is about a border conflict in the making after the geographical restructuring brought to you by the Phantom Star uncovered a big soulgem deposit in the ancient forest Naira-do that humans didn't give a drat about before.

Torigoe

Torigoe is the domain in which the forest Naira-do lies, and therefore the possible future battlefield over the soulgem mine. It used to be a pretty nice place to live in, but the Phantom Star hit it hard. Tsunamis and earthquakes ruined a good chunk of farmland while almost 1/4 of the entire area fell victim to the ocean.
Most of the Kitan family ruling over Torigoe and their advisors fell victim to either the Phantom Star or Golden Tiger, the Kongohki bodyguard who supposedly regained his memory during the calamity and went berserk (though whether he really did go crazy or is just a sacrifical lamb is open to GM fiat).
The last Kitan alive is the 17-year-old Kagetora, nephew of the former regent and woefully inexperienced. One of his first orders of business involved ordering his Armours to help clean up the farmland, showing that he was one of the few regents who actually gives a drat about the common folk. Unfortunately, his retainers felt that using their prized Armours and heirs for field work was dishonorable at best and insulting at worst.

Though Kagetora can count on the help of the 100 Falling Shadows Sect, a ninja clan that a sworn to protect the Kitan family, him being the only Kitan left has caused some of the ninja to fantasize about getting rid off Kagetora to free themselves of their century-old obligation to become freelancers.

Notable places in Torigoe include the sacred mountain of Ihara - or rather what's left of it, as it kinda slid off into the ocean, which wasn't a particularly good omen to say the least. The newly-created plateau is now home of an Annelidist community studying the rare Annelids that have started to appear here. They're also helping the nearby villages, earning them some much-needed anti-discrimmination points.

Of particular importance for PCs is The Copper Monkey, an inn owned by the omnyoji Last Call who only uses summoned Shikigami as staff - except for the bartender Ten Thousand Winters who is a Kugutsu. Also included in the building is a brothel and a yakuza gambling den, because why not.

As if Kegatora didn't have enough problems, the newly uncovered resources on his territory has awaken the interest of a much more powerful neighbor...

Hakusen

Hakusen is the realm of Buren, Master of the House of Thunder, the Dragon of Hakusen, one of Tenra's greatest warlords and overall magnificient bastard.
Buren always hated the Priesthood with a loving passion. So when the Phantom Star fell and the Priesthood split into two, he openly declared war on both. The much closer Northern Court (with their floating HQ only a 3 days ride away from Hakusen) immediately tried to curbstomp this insolent Lord, only for said lord to beat them and kick them off his land. Now he spends all day bolstering his already impressive forces, and Torigoe's soulgem are just want he needs.

Hakusen is unsurprisingly very militaristic, and very industrialized as Buren makes heavy use of kimenkyo war machines whose know-how he may or may not have gained from the Kimentoh. As a monument for his past victories and warning to future enemies, he has an big, ever-growing arch made out of the bones and destroyed Armours of his foes.

One of Buren's most interesting retainers is Radiant Deception an ex-miko that has no doubt played a big role in Buren's victory over the Northern Court.

Naira-do

One of the oldest forests in all of Tenra (in fact the name means "Eldest" in the Oni tongue). The reason Naira-do has been left completely untouched up until now is because humans met with heavy Ayakashi resistance when they tried to cut down the forest. The tengu clan of Ihara even warned humans about leaving the forest alone.
Humans, being humans, they naturally marched in with an army - never to be seen again. Soon after this, the entirety of the Central Continent fell prey to natural disasters and children gone missing, until a lone monk entered the forest and everything went back to normal. The monk - whose name was long forgotten by history - was never seen again, and the forest has since been declared sacred and a taboo by the Priesthood.

The forest is essentially run by fey, aka very powerful and human-like Ayakashi who each rule over their own little sub-domain and who share the forest with an Oni village and the Sharpened Leaves Ninja clan, who are bad enough dudes that the Ayakashi leave them be.
To keep anyone who is not a badass Ninja, the above mentioned monk as started a line of Forest Lords aka Keepers of Promise, who employ various human and non-human agents to divert humans away from the forest or - when necessary - kill them. The current Forest Lord is Yasuko, a monk/priestess/omnyoji who is sometimes plagued by visions (especially as of now) and stumbled into the forest during a trance (which seems to be the how a new Forest Lord os recruited). Her residence is The Restless Temple, which crawls through the forest on hundreds of marble arms and is home to various sorcerers and monks.
Yasuko's rival of sorts is Glass Rain Weeping, a humanoid henge Ayakashi who is actually responsible for the soulgem deposit getting discovered because he finds killing humans hilarious (in the great "fey are endlessly amused by humans" tradition).

Suma

This possible game-changer domain is ruled by Itokawa Yoichi. Too overweight for combat thanks to a gland defect, he studied warfare and became an accomplished general, playing all sorts of mind games with Buren over contested islands.

Appendix

To fill out this last post a little, let's take a look at the Appendix.

Media Resources

A list of various other pieces of media to get the right feeling and/or inspirations for TBZ. I don't know of this is from the original book or stuff from the translators.

The book recommends the entirety of Zatoichi, Ran and of course RoboGeisha, as welll as more ninja movies than you can throw a stick at.
The manga and anime list features obvious candidates like Blade of the Immortal, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll, Samurai Champloo and Princess Mononoke.
For games, we have things like Tenchu, Way of the Samurai, Okami, Muramasa the Demon Blade and of course Sengoku Basara for general insanity. As the only thing with a Western setting, the book also recommends Valkyria Chronicles for its character-driven drama during a TBZ war campaign. Actually, playing Valkyria Chronicles with Kongohki and Armours would be rad. Or Kijin, so you end up purposely wounding your guys to mechanica them up later.

Other roleplaying games are also recommended, giving you typical candidates like Sengoku, Legend of the Five Rings, Blood and Honor, The Mountain Witch... and Hellas, which TBZ-grade crazy for Ancient Greek.

Player / GM advice

Just some general roleplaying advice and tips. Of particular note is that neither the translators nor the original writer of TBZ demand of you to be a 100% weeabo who knows all about Feudal Japan and honorifics. TBZ characters are supposed to stand out, so if you want to play as a redneck samurai who knows nothing about properly addressing other people, just go for it.

Though to help everyone out, there are lots of Japanese names for places and people, split into various charts depending on the person's standing.
Particularly useful are the charts to randomly create Kugutsu, Buddhist, Kongohki and Armour names, as those are quite poetic and nonsensical ("Vermillion Temple", "Ultimate Tiger", "Steel Demon", to name some rolled examples). You can't roll up Moon Moon, but you can end up with Heavenly Heaven. Or Spider Ox.

And thus ends this series of posts. TBZ is pretty rad, and I can't wait for the upcoming supplements, both the official one and the Persona-esque setting.

Next Time: While I'm at translated Japanese RPG stuff... does anyone wanna hear about Double Cross supplements? Let's make it a DX-mas!

(Warning: I'm spending the holidays with my family, where I am notoriously unproductive. I'll probably not be able to finish this this year. Or start it, for that matter.)

Doresh fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 16, 2015

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

You didn't mention the very excellent 222 Things to do in Tenra list! :argh:

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Doresh posted:

As the only thing with a Western setting, the book also recommends Valkyria Chronicles for its character-driven drama during a TBZ war campaign. Actually, playing Valkyria Chronicles with Kongohki and Armours would be rad.
Soooo...Valkyria Chronicles II, then? :v:

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

NachtSieger posted:

You didn't mention the very excellent 222 Things to do in Tenra list! :argh:

It's too much to cover XD

Anyhow, it's basically a list of generic locations and stuff that a PC could do there or have happen to him, including "help an old lady get to the local doctor", "Notice that the masked miko shrine maiden you saw earlier at the market has been following you for about an hour now", and my personal favorite "Get ambushed by a four-armed kongohki who bursts through a nearby wall and furiously attacks you (and only you)" (which incidentally already make for the nucleus of a scenario). And that's just the stuff that can happen to you in a big city.

AmiYumi posted:

Soooo...Valkyria Chronicles II, then? :v:

Why couldn't the sequels be released on a platform I own?

Doresh fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 16, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I didn't find Wizards, but I did find a copy of Pandemonium! Adventures in Tabloid World that System Mastery is welcome to.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Doresh posted:

Next Time: While I'm at translated Japanese RPG stuff... does anyone wanna hear about Double Cross supplements? Let's make it a DX-mas!

DX sourcebook talk would be cool. I don't think the False Hearts or Infinity Code books got much attention at all when they came out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

we don't have a paypal set up for System Mastery, but you can use mine if you want (Jon will keep me honest). It's theironjef at gmail. But definitely let Pope check to see if he's got a copy. That game sounds like a legit win, given how extremely annoyed Wizards left us.

Pope Guilty posted:

I didn't find Wizards, but I did find a copy of Pandemonium! Adventures in Tabloid World that System Mastery is welcome to.

Just kicked a paypal to the above address. Thanks for doing your podcasts!

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Didn't know where to ask, but what's a good 2-player roleplaying game? For Christmas I thought my dad might like to play an RPG with me, but his last experience was with first edition DnD and I've never played before. We'll have 2-4 days to play it together. If you have questions please ask, any recommendation are appreciated~

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Midjack posted:

Just kicked a paypal to the above address. Thanks for doing your podcasts!

Received! I'll purchase that copy and we'll get on it soon!

Edit: Purchased. It is on the way to San Diego from Alaska, just like any right-thinking person would be.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 17, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The worst submarine posted:

Didn't know where to ask, but what's a good 2-player roleplaying game? For Christmas I thought my dad might like to play an RPG with me, but his last experience was with first edition DnD and I've never played before. We'll have 2-4 days to play it together. If you have questions please ask, any recommendation are appreciated~

We have a What System Should I Use Megathread

If you want it to be D&D-esque, my recommendation would be Scarlet Heroes, which is built from the ground-up to allow single Player-Character adventures, and has a lot of on-the-spot random generators to make it easy for a GM to pull a story out of their rear end at a moment's notice.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

We have a What System Should I Use Megathread

If you want it to be D&D-esque, my recommendation would be Scarlet Heroes, which is built from the ground-up to allow single Player-Character adventures, and has a lot of on-the-spot random generators to make it easy for a GM to pull a story out of their rear end at a moment's notice.
Thanks, I'll go check over there.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

unseenlibrarian posted:

DX sourcebook talk would be cool. I don't think the False Hearts or Infinity Code books got much attention at all when they came out.

Also I forgot to say it earlier in my fit of righteous anger, but this. I would have done this a while back but I dunno how to do F&Fs and I apparently haven't learned by reading :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

unseenlibrarian posted:

That's unfortunate. Those two have some neat stuff in them, and my favorite pre-made adventures.

NachtSieger posted:

Also I forgot to say it earlier in my fit of righteous anger, but this. I would have done this a while back but I dunno how to do F&Fs and I apparently haven't learned by reading :v:

Maybe you should just try learning by doing? As long as it isn't too embarassing, it could work out XD

• Locked thread