Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
I don't think rockstar will let me use the word cockswain :(

we'll see I guess

edit: I can't spell good

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Go with the real "Coxswain" spelling then!

(although you probably can't have "cox" either)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
named mine gently caress boat

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Cheap Shot posted:

Obligatory bote pic

Can you change the name or is this one of those "you only got one shot at this so make it count"-type things?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

classy as always

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

is there anyone dumb enough to spend £65 on a videogame yacht?

Well,

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Can you change the name or is this one of those "you only got one shot at this so make it count"-type things?

You can change it, for a suitable hefty stack of cash ($100k, I think?)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
It's $25k to rename.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Oh cool, I misremembered then.

I really like the yacht naming and customization, they could have easily gone the low effort route and just added the heist yacht to the map and let everyone buy it like the existing properties. I'm glad they went the extra mile, I really like player customizing.

Not a fan of the app, however; custom plates really should have been an in game feature!

Ripper Swarm fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 17, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
What should I do if I haven't played online in over a year? I haven't done any heists yet and have no clue how to do them, or anything else new.

And did they ever make it so when you do races/whatever you are with people in similar levels, or is it still me as a lv 30 against lv 200 guys?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Does anyone know if there's a particular prefix for UK civilian vessels? I feel like "Saltire" by itself is missing something. I think I heard mention of it being HMP, but that just brings up a list of jails.

Thin Privilege posted:

What should I do if I haven't played online in over a year? I haven't done any heists yet and have no clue how to do them, or anything else new.

And did they ever make it so when you do races/whatever you are with people in similar levels, or is it still me as a lv 30 against lv 200 guys?

Play with goons on your platform. I think you'll still get some takers for heisting since the money is pretty good, try not to go on heists with pubbies though, that can be hellish. After either the previous update, or the one before they made it so all car upgrades can be unlocked either by racing or by levelling up, though things like the turbo require L100. Mostly I'm not sure it makes that much difference though. That might be my own suckyness though.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

Does anyone know if there's a particular prefix for UK civilian vessels? I feel like "Saltire" by itself is missing something. I think I heard mention of it being HMP, but that just brings up a list of jails.

Yeah, HMP is Her Majesty's Prison

You've got options, "MV" is the current one, "SS" is for oldschool steamships and ships that carried mail (like the Titanic) had "RMS".

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
On the subject of ship names..

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Ripper Swarm posted:

Yeah, HMP is Her Majesty's Prison

You've got options, "MV" is the current one, "SS" is for oldschool steamships and ships that carried mail (like the Titanic) had "RMS".

Or HMS if the vessel is military.

Here's a fun list of ship prefixes.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

It's $25k to rename.

It's actually 250,000. Which is insane, I have the mid level yacht, I don't know if the others are different.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Oh poo poo, I'm glad I didn't actually rename then after that cursory glance or I'd have been very surprised.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Mr Scumbag posted:

Not clever. Try again.

I'm sorry my boat isn't named to your satisfaction forums user Mr Scumbag.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
That guy doesn't have a boat, or any friends with a boat, and when he goes to a stranger's boat they throw rocks at him and call him names

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ripper Swarm posted:

Not a fan of the app, however; custom plates really should have been an in game feature!

They used to be but then you were limited to one. There's a workaround, though, order a plate for a car but don't take the car in to complete the order. The plate will show up for free for your other cars.

I think that if you place the order on a car you grabbed off the street and garaged without insurance you can then destroy the car and not have it cluttering up your garage but I could be wrong.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ignore my hideous character.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

After spending some time as both a VIP and a hired mercenary I can say that this game mode is not bad.

We went 2-on-2 for a few hours earlier, Zenzizenzizenzic'a Sea Org (with gileadexile) and my organization Dr. Tim Whately (with Cute as heck). With at least 2 companies you can pretty much continually run VIP jobs and compete against each other.

The issues I've had have mostly been with balance. One mission is to steal 2 cars from police impound. The problem is that there are so many cops and the distance is so far that you will be killed, and then it is pretty hard to reclaim the vehicle because of the number of cops. Meanwhile, the opposing team only has to make one pass in a Savage to destroy both cars and win.

There is a yacht defense mission where it is almost impossible to get anywhere near the yacht, even with AA off and only 2 people defending.

The other big issue is that the number of missions is very small and they're exactly the same every time. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is having a big group of goons to play with / against.

It is also lame that each VIP can only hire 3 bodyguards at a time.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

titties posted:

After spending some time as both a VIP and a hired mercenary I can say that this game mode is not bad.

We went 2-on-2 for a few hours earlier, Zenzizenzizenzic'a Sea Org (with gileadexile) and my organization Dr. Tim Whately (with Cute as heck). With at least 2 companies you can pretty much continually run VIP jobs and compete against each other.

The issues I've had have mostly been with balance. One mission is to steal 2 cars from police impound. The problem is that there are so many cops and the distance is so far that you will be killed, and then it is pretty hard to reclaim the vehicle because of the number of cops. Meanwhile, the opposing team only has to make one pass in a Savage to destroy both cars and win.

There is a yacht defense mission where it is almost impossible to get anywhere near the yacht, even with AA off and only 2 people defending.

The other big issue is that the number of missions is very small and they're exactly the same every time. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is having a big group of goons to play with / against.

I sucked so bad at guarding Otiosley's body..:downsgun:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
If you're VIP in a pub lobby, get all sneeki breeki in a sub. People STILL don't understand submarines and its the best.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Finally cracked LVL 100 and bought a Dubster 6x6.

Not as exciting as the yachts and other poo poo, but I thought it was pretty neat. :3:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Only 20 more levels and you'll be able to buy an RPG.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Nah, RPG is at 100. Minigun is at 120.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

titties posted:

That's it, only 3? Lame indeed.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Has anyone ever seen a KDA above 6.00?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hacks are back (if they ever went away).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Captain Melo posted:

Anyone want to run some heists on Xbone? Gamer tag is rebelEpik

Anime_Otaku posted:

This. Also, any goons on Xbone want to get together and do some VIP stuff. Did some with a group from a WoT clan I'm in but I'd like to have a go with people that aren't transphobic dudebros or talk about wearing a t-shirt with a slogan including the words "enemies foreign and Obama" without it being because they lost a bet.

I'll be on Friday and this weekend a bit. I was going to hook up with yous guys earlier but the new kid took priority.

Gt: soulex555

Soulex fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 17, 2015

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mutata posted:

back to crew sessioning, was good while it lasted :toot:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

mutata posted:

I found that out the hard way too. Some crew of 4 with the VIP having god mode jumped into a full lobby and within 15 minutes it was empty save for just a few.

They then had the nerve to bitch about being bored in all chat.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Great sessions last night/thins morning, I blew 12m and now I'm a dirty poor, but I got a boat called gravitas shortfall and I'm in love with the Nightshade.

Anyone up for grinding some cash tonight? I'm down to less than half a mil and still want more poo poo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

titties posted:

Hope that org only uses legit cash!!!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
It looks like they "fixed" one of the free mode missions where you have to pick up a package (from the airport) and deliver it somewhere in the hills. Previously, it was impossible to get a wanted level. Now: everyone automatically gets a 4 star wanted level. It was next to impossible to live long enough to both call my mechanic and have my insurgent delivered (thanks to that dumb bug where if you die during delivery, you don't get the car) due to the constant swarm of swat/cops. But I eventually got it, secured the package, and delivered it. Christmas is saved.

Rockstar seems to have missed the memo where people said they want to enjoy player versus player stuff without cops ruining the fun.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Do you mean the VIP mission?

That's kind of intended to be done as a group. I've done it a few times with lobbies with other orgs and it's been fun and the cops didn't clog stuff up too bad. Then again we started and ended the mission in the turret limo.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

UserErr0r posted:

It looks like they "fixed" one of the free mode missions where you have to pick up a package (from the airport) and deliver it somewhere in the hills. Previously, it was impossible to get a wanted level. Now: everyone automatically gets a 4 star wanted level. It was next to impossible to live long enough to both call my mechanic and have my insurgent delivered (thanks to that dumb bug where if you die during delivery, you don't get the car) due to the constant swarm of swat/cops. But I eventually got it, secured the package, and delivered it. Christmas is saved.

Rockstar seems to have missed the memo where people said they want to enjoy player versus player stuff without cops ruining the fun.

Was that the one that got stuck just outside the airport fence? that whole thing was a battle.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.

Pound_Coin posted:

Great sessions last night/thins morning, I blew 12m and now I'm a dirty poor, but I got a boat called gravitas shortfall and I'm in love with the Nightshade.

Anyone up for grinding some cash tonight? I'm down to less than half a mil and still want more poo poo.

I should be around from 9pm GMT. RSC is Bloody_Typical (on PC btw)

I'm good for cash so if you want to do heists and keep my share thats fine.

Also who ever said the armored Shafter SWB is good was right, fully upgraded it's quick and can corner, the bullet proof glass doesn't last long though compared to the armored Kuruma, especially against minigun fire it's not even there but apart from that pretty good.

Bloody Typical fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 17, 2015

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Good things about the new variety of armored cars:
1. Bullet resistant glass is way less boring than god-mode Kuruma windows.
2. Aren't lovely to drive in first person.
3. You can throw a bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
4 - they are a middle ground between the Kuruma's bullet proof but very explosion prone armour and the Insurgent's gently caress-you-I-can-take-5-direct-RPG-hits bullshit.

• Locked thread