Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rip jose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

some guy stabbed himself in the head at Heathrow Terminal 5 this AM.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

buteruc posted:

delays are a bitch

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Ratjaculation posted:

Wow, you're the only one in there on release day? Lucky.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

buteruc posted:

that takes some serious commitment

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I know it's like an hour and a half there on the tube

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Was he told he couldn't take it on the plane?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

corn in the fridge posted:

i often shop at waitrose

On the radio earlier they were talking about a shop at a service station but didn't want to say its name, so they said it "rhymes with Gaitrose" instead. Haha, gay-trose.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Whorelord posted:

I'm collecting money for a domestic abuse charity you heartless oval office

Anyway turns out asda isnt the best place to collect for charity. Should've gone to waitrose tbh

Sadly Waitrose will kindly ask you to move along if you aren't one of their three nominated charities for that month. :(

Vitamins posted:

the only thing waitrose is better for is farming looks of derision and hatred from people that make 100x your yearly wage or their husband does

Former JLP partner here (worked in both Waitrose and John Lewis for six years) and can confirm JLP pay really isn't great. Its not rubbish, the yearly bonus helps, but the pay certainly isn't in the highest for retail in the UK. I will say though, if you're going to work in retail JLP's not a bad enterprise to work for.

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 17, 2015

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Sadly Waitrose will kindly ask you to move along if you aren't one of their three nominated charities for that month. :(

Don't all supermarkets have that? Because we were one of Asda's

Either way I want to go to waitrose

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Whorelord posted:

Don't all supermarkets have that? Because we were one of Asda's

Either way I want to go to waitrose

Honestly I'm not sure. I just remember having some very confused reactions on a few occasions where I was put in the position of having to turn away a charity.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Food banks get donated less food if they collect at waitrose, but more money.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Hmm fours hours of last minute chrismas shopping followd by 2 hours of being stuck in traffic because the council thought digging up the main road in and out of the city was an excellent idea. Office christmas party tonight, a bunch of coders and a free bar what could possibly go wrong?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you're all going to gently caress

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Wow, you're the only one in there on release day? Lucky.

:smith:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Make sure you rush your drinking so you get the good stuff. Assuming you're going anywhere that has good stuff and they've included it in the "free" section.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

goatface posted:

Make sure you rush your drinking so you get the good stuff. Assuming you're going anywhere that has good stuff and they've included it in the "free" section.

Yeah, it's a fancy pub with very expensive food, and the free bar is just the boss saying 'I will pay the whole tab' like it makes up for never giving a christmas bonus.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Phoon posted:

im going to see star wars at the fancy/hipster cinema with the sofas

The Electric? Doing that at the weekend, sofa booked.

In other news, I spent the day in Coventry. Best part was leaving in the dark so I didn't have to look at it.

Sorry CovGoons.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

drink everything by the pint, be it beer, wine, or gin

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

Best place for a Skype interview in London tomorrow afternoon?

Somewhere quiet. And sexy.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

goatface posted:

Was he told he couldn't take it on the plane?

"it's a body mod!"

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Pedricko posted:

Didn't I gently caress your order up too?

I took half a day to go buy guitars

One of your female stall workers gave me a bag and i thought about explaining that I wanted to receive it from you so that I could tell some other people about the experience on the Internet and when I hesitated to take the bag she looked at me like I was absolutely insane so I paid for the sausages and had a pork bap

Star wars in 45 mins. I am actually pretty excited for it too

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i don't get to see star wars until after christmas :(

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i hope its on netflix soon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

buteruc posted:

a hotel room, over questionable wifi

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

buteruc posted:

Maybe I'm completely confused about the concept of this new-fangled Skypamazoo, but isn't the point of an interview on Skype that you can do the interview from home rather than travelling?

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

CancerCakes posted:

One of your female stall workers gave me a bag and i thought about explaining that I wanted to receive it from you so that I could tell some other people about the experience on the Internet and when I hesitated to take the bag she looked at me like I was absolutely insane so I paid for the sausages and had a pork bap

Star wars in 45 mins. I am actually pretty excited for it too

She looks at everyone like that. I met her in Sweden and now inexplicably she lives at my house

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Just saw the new star wars. I enjoyed it immensely. that is all.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pedricko posted:

She looks at everyone like that. I met her in Sweden and now inexplicably she lives at my house

how many sausagepeople live in your house? we're at old guy, woman, and you

is this a cult

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

john lewis are hilariously backwards when it comes to anything new

my little brother tried to liase with them when they partnered with carphone warehouse and they would not listen to anything, they basically hid the stand in an area of the store where there was zero footfall and refused to advertise anywhere that you could get a mobile. in the end carphone came to them with a big list of things they needed to do for them to sell anything at all and they got all daily mail about it and started going on about tradition and how thats not the way we do things

he recently spoke to the guy who is in charge of selling tablets and tech and he is apparently on ludicrous amounts of antidepressants because his job is to wrestle middle management into the 20th century, ie the last one

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

There were bits of the new Star Wars that were good and some not so good but overall it was really good this was my review thanks

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

freelop posted:

There were bits of the new Star Wars that were good and some not so good but overall it was really good this was my review thanks

Robot thumbs up was a good one

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Sounds good

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Devol_Tettran posted:

In other news, I spent the day in Coventry. Best part was leaving in the dark so I didn't have to look at it.

Sorry CovGoons.

Having grown up there, nah, we understand. It's a shithole. Blame the Luftwaffe.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
I am not seeing Star Wars until next week but fairly sure I've spoiled myself. Ah well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
han solo dies

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
in your arms tonight

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
In Guernsey. Won't see a Star War until it's out on DVD probably.

It's on at the local "cinema", but I refuse to go because it's such a lovely cinema. So lovely that three of my friends are taking a flight to Jersey tomorrow specifically to watch it in the cinema there.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Jose posted:

han solo dies

You deserved to be sacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Devol_Tettran posted:

Sorry CovGoons.

no the everyman in the mailbox