Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Like really that comment comes from someone piggybacking off a bad/weak case and adding almost no content of their own. It's bad and opportunistic and you have the gall to accuse me of being the scum in this sccenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

bowmore more like post more

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Like really that comment comes from someone piggybacking off a bad/weak case and adding almost no content of their own. It's bad and opportunistic and you have the gall to accuse me of being the scum in this sccenario

You're framing your perspective as fact. This isn't analysis, it's building a narrative.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'd rather lynch bowmore over Kash right now. Bowmore has a total of 7 posts and only 2 of them are game related. One where he votes for Hal and then another where he gives a weak defense of his vote and says he's not moving it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

I think I'd rather lynch bowmore over Kash right now. Bowmore has a total of 7 posts and only 2 of them are game related. One where he votes for Hal and then another where he gives a weak defense of his vote and says he's not moving it.

Eh, day 1 lurking is alignment-neutral for bowmore. Hence

EXAKT Science posted:

bowmore more like post more

I'd rather go for someone like Kash, who has been acting actively scummy.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Right now I'm with you.

TMMadman posted:

Also, what changed? You were right there on the Kash train until he started to pick up votes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Eh, day 1 lurking is alignment-neutral for bowmore. Hence

I'd rather go for someone like Kash, who has been acting actively scummy.

It doesn't really matter if D1 lurking is alignment neutral because if we don't hang scum today then we are in LYLO and that's a bad place took be with a lurker.

If we lynch bowmore today and he flips town, we still have lots of content from Kash to look at, but if we don't lynch him today then he makes a very attractive, very easy target for tomorrow.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

It doesn't really matter if D1 lurking is alignment neutral because if we don't hang scum today then we are in LYLO and that's a bad place took be with a lurker.

If we lynch bowmore today and he flips town, we still have lots of content from Kash to look at, but if we don't lynch him today then he makes a very attractive, very easy target for tomorrow.

Alternately, we have a lot of content from Kash to go on today, whereas a bowmore flip does much less for us as far as information.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Why bowmore instead of the other lurkbeast?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Because I liked Hals analysis post. Maybe that's just a smoke screen, but it read genuine to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Because I liked Hals analysis post. Maybe that's just a smoke screen, but it read genuine to me.

I wasn't talking about Hal.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well I don't really think, me, you, Quid or Kash have been lurking. SA I guess is on the border of lurking but at least I can tell he's in the game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Well I don't really think, me, you, Quid or Kash have been lurking. SA I guess is on the border of lurking but at least I can tell he's in the game.

SA has posted basically no actual thought or analysis about the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But neither has bowmore and bowmore has posted even less.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

But neither has bowmore and bowmore has posted even less.

I don't find this argument compelling at all.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm happy with my Kash vote.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

Quid who else do you think is the scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like what Kashuno has said. He didn't waste a lot of time defending himself and I like the points he's made. His reaction doesn't look scummy at all, other maybe that he is going after the people who voted him.

I'd rather ##vote SA. Sorry I was travelling most of yesterday and today but I'm here until deadline so let's chat.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

What in Kashuno's response seemed all that bad to you

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I like what Kashuno has said. He didn't waste a lot of time defending himself and I like the points he's made. His reaction doesn't look scummy at all, other maybe that he is going after the people who voted him.

I'd rather ##vote SA. Sorry I was travelling most of yesterday and today but I'm here until deadline so let's chat.

I don't get the argument that it's bad to go after the people who voted for you. It gets leveled against me a lot, but I feel that since I know my own alignment I am the best judge of who I think is attacking me in bad faith. I just don't see going after the people going after you as inherently scummy.

So why would you rather vote SA over bowmore?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I don't get the argument that it's bad to go after the people who voted for you. It gets leveled against me a lot, but I feel that since I know my own alignment I am the best judge of who I think is attacking me in bad faith. I just don't see going after the people going after you as inherently scummy.

So why would you rather vote SA over bowmore?

Yeah I don't think it's that bad either and I do the same thing. It's just also a somewhat easy tack to take because it requires less effort than analyzing something from a neutral point of view.

I'd rather vote SA because bowmore isn't playing any differently than usual. He's more a crapshoot, whereas SA looks like he's forcing stuff and avoiding any heat coming his way. I'd be ok with either really, just have more of a read on SA.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously we should lynch Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hi bowmore how is the summer treating you

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

seriously we should lynch Hal

bowmore this is not what I meant when I said post more.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I don't see why we shouldn't hang bowmore when his contribution is to come back and in simply restate the position he's been holding the entire game.

I don't know what he's doing, but I don't feel like it's town behavior.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

hi bowmore how is the summer treating you
alright, i'm avoiding facebook because of star wars spoilers bit otherwise ok

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
bowmore tell us why you think we should vote Hal

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

alright, i'm avoiding facebook because of star wars spoilers bit otherwise ok

Boba Fett is a clone

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I don't see why we shouldn't hang bowmore when his contribution is to come back and in simply restate the position he's been holding the entire game.

I don't know what he's doing, but I don't feel like it's town behavior.
i'll hold my position until one of us is lynched

he made a huge effort post as soon as momentum] started to swing his way, and then nobody looked at him because he made a post, even though it was a pure "i have to do/put a bit of effort in this so i don't get lynched" post

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also mad gut feelings

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

i'll hold my position until one of us is lynched

he made a huge effort post as soon as momentum] started to swing his way, and then nobody looked at him because he made a post, even though it was a pure "i have to do/put a bit of effort in this so i don't get lynched" post

See, I just don't read Hal that way and feel that you're just forcing the issue and hiding behind a 'him or me' attitude.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

bowmore don't be a merk, I hate the "til one of us is dead" gambit

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So who is going to be around? We've got about an hour and forty five minutes to go.

I'm not really sure about the Kash vote. I would probably vote him because I don't think a no lynch is a good idea in this game, but if he flips town then I think one of Exakt or Quid would be scum. It's hard to think of them both as scum and acting together so openly.

I've actually been thinking that this might be right:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno about EXAKT, he could be scum with bowmore and they are doubling down on over-reacting to jokes trying to get an easy D1 lynch figuring that they can hurry LYLO. He's at least offering reasoning though, even though I think he should also know me well enough to know that I don't really say much that is serious D1.

I was just thinking that Exakt isn't just posting a lot, she is running circles around everyone else and it's got me on edge right now. Also, some of the reactions Exakt had when I started to the question the Kash vote irked me. Stuff like this:

EXAKT Science posted:

Also, what changed? You were right there on the Kash train until he started to pick up votes.

Just makes me feel like Exakt is trying to lead me along into a mislynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually we have an hour and a half now because I took too long to write that post.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm here and will be until deadline.

Why do you think that I'm trying to lead you somewhere, TMM?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm here and will be until deadline.

Why do you think that I'm trying to lead you somewhere, TMM?

I think it boils down to mostly gut. I don't know, something just feels off and I can't shake it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think at this point, I'd rather do bowmore or SA in that order. I don't buy the whole 'him or me' thing from bowmore and it feels forced and SA has just completely disappeared in a small game. Neither of them has posted any sort of real content, but bowmore is pushing an argument that doesn't read true to me.

The problem is that I don't think BOTH of them are scum together. Right now I think there one scum in these pairings: Exakt/Kash and bowmore/SA. I feeling like Quid is pretty solidly town and I like what Hal has been posting, so I'm leaning town for him right now.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

I think it boils down to mostly gut. I don't know, something just feels off and I can't shake it.

I understand. And sometimes there's no accounting for gut reads. Mostly, I don't understand where the impression of "leading" comes from. Can you elaborate on that at all? Or at least make an effort to articulate your thought process? Please, I just want to understand.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

I think at this point, I'd rather do bowmore or SA in that order. I don't buy the whole 'him or me' thing from bowmore and it feels forced and SA has just completely disappeared in a small game. Neither of them has posted any sort of real content, but bowmore is pushing an argument that doesn't read true to me.

The problem is that I don't think BOTH of them are scum together. Right now I think there one scum in these pairings: Exakt/Kash and bowmore/SA. I feeling like Quid is pretty solidly town and I like what Hal has been posting, so I'm leaning town for him right now.

I could vote bowmore, but I'd prefer to get Kash today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I understand. And sometimes there's no accounting for gut reads. Mostly, I don't understand where the impression of "leading" comes from. Can you elaborate on that at all? Or at least make an effort to articulate your thought process? Please, I just want to understand.

It's just posts like this one. If just feels off. It's just feels like you are overly concerned about how people are perceiving you.

Like in the other example, it just comes off as wrong. It just feels like you were all happy that I was following your lead, but the second I question lynching Kash, it feels like you get defensive about it instead of wondering if I'm scum trying to cover for Kash.

EXAKT Science posted:

I think that's might be the best way to describe this post. It feels defensive. I don't know why, but that's the way it reads to me.

• Locked thread