Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

goodnight evil prince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Right, which poster itt is Stephen Burns off videogamer dot com. I'm starting to suspect he may be a goon.

I am basing this off the fact he follows several known goons on Twitter.

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

Squalitude posted:

Maybe I'm completely confused about the concept of this new-fangled Skypamazoo, but isn't the point of an interview on Skype that you can do the interview from home rather than travelling?

theoretically. but mostly so you can do the interview without any trousers on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't wait to not be in a loving sling anymore. its been 3 weeks today and i have to wait another 3 ffs

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bobby Deluxe posted:

john lewis are hilariously backwards when it comes to anything new

my little brother tried to liase with them when they partnered with carphone warehouse and they would not listen to anything, they basically hid the stand in an area of the store where there was zero footfall and refused to advertise anywhere that you could get a mobile. in the end carphone came to them with a big list of things they needed to do for them to sell anything at all and they got all daily mail about it and started going on about tradition and how thats not the way we do things

he recently spoke to the guy who is in charge of selling tablets and tech and he is apparently on ludicrous amounts of antidepressants because his job is to wrestle middle management into the 20th century, ie the last one

What are these magic techniques to get stuff moving off the shelves? When I go into a shop, I look at the the things for sale and then I either want to buy them or I don't, how complicated can it be?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Jar Jar Binks is Kylo Ren

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

What are these magic techniques to get stuff moving off the shelves? When I go into a shop, I look at the the things for sale and then I either want to buy them or I don't, how complicated can it be?

Push selling.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Just got back from a star war. How does a major UK cinema chain in a major shopping centre not have any salted popcorn available for such a showing? Did they forget it was on?

Broken Britain :britain:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i refuse to pay for anything at the cinema much like at st james because its too expensive for what you get

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Oh it's absolutely a rip (their Star Wars "combo" was £12.95 for a large drink and popcorn in branded containers lol). But seeing as I only go to the cinema about once every year or so these days I JUST WANTED SOME MOVIE POPCORN DAMMIT.

Also I hate to take this moment to break this to you/party boat/other locals but Kathy Secker died. Goodnight sweet princess of local TV.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Star wars movie confirmed not poo poo. I am happy

The clash of clans ad featuring that bobby comedian and the Nazi was really weird

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TV ads for poo poo ipad games weird me the gently caress out.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I paid £4.70 for a Coke in a Star Wars cup

I have no regrets

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pistol_Pete posted:

footfall

eyeline

engagement

basically if they had put a sticker in the front window saying they now do mobiles and put the display within eyeline of perfume and menswear they would have aced it but instead they treated the whole exercise with disdain and put them out behind kitchenware

the art of getting people to buy stuff is actually p. interesting and all a bit derren brown really

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

star wars is v good, agreed

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

buteruc posted:

Best place for a Skype interview in London tomorrow afternoon?

Somewhere quiet. And sexy.

Your goon dungeon?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bozza posted:

Right, which poster itt is Stephen Burns off videogamer dot com. I'm starting to suspect he may be a goon.

I am basing this off the fact he follows several known goons on Twitter.

https://vine.co/v/eEhrU7jbEUW

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CancerCakes posted:

Star wars movie confirmed not poo poo. I am happy

The clash of clans ad featuring that bobby comedian and the Nazi was really weird
was that what that was for? I got like halfway through the ad and frankly it was scaring the poo poo out of me on a primal level so I went for a pee and missed the film opening crawl. As a result I spent the first scene thinking Max Von Sydow was a relevant character instead of just wise old man (Max Von Sydow).

Movie was good, 8/10.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

how many sausagepeople live in your house? we're at old guy, woman, and you

is this a cult

Two sausage ladies from poland too

This is just for Christmas

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

"sausage ladies" is an extremely offensive term in 2015.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

How do I join the sausage cult and live with you?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
kill one of them and take their place

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you must join in an honourable Bratwurst Battle, a Cumberland Contest, a Chipolata Challenge. You must prove your meaty might

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

There's a Christmas thing in Hyde park. Does it suck?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

god help me i kind of enjoyed an episode of melissa and joey this morning

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you must join in an honourable Bratwurst Battle, a Cumberland Contest, a Chipolata Challenge. You must prove you're mighty meat

ftfy

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

"sausage ladies" is an extremely offensive term in 2015.

My actual job title is "exhibitionist"

It's my day off and MY GIRLFRIEND is dragging me around the loving Christmas market

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sever

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

work gave me some wine

i dont really like wine but im not going to be ungrateful

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you must join in an honourable Bratwurst Battle, a Cumberland Contest, a Chipolata Challenge. You must prove your meaty might

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSAJCRffjbs

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Vitamins posted:

work gave me some wine

i dont really like wine but im not going to be ungrateful

what kind of wine

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I, too, got some wine, and stole all the cheese left over from the office christmas lunch.

edit - It is white, and French.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I am so pissed the tesco here has stopped stocking double chocolate stout, what is everybody drinking tonight?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Fluo posted:

what kind of wine

mcguigan shiraz

it is actually p nice, my opinion is extra valuable because i know nothing of wine

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I am so pissed the tesco here has stopped stocking double chocolate stout, what is everybody drinking tonight?

oh man my local tesco has this stuff its so great, sorry for your loss :(

hobgoblin gold + wine :getin:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Fingerless Gloves posted:

£5 cava brut from asda. Party Boat is out for his work Christmas do and I'm all alone (with a bottle of sparkling wine, a huge bowl of stir fry, and 2010 on Netflix.)

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Kept hearing on the radio at work today about all these cunts that finish up work today and are off till after Xmas & are having their christmas parties tonight.
Any of those pampered cunts in here?

I'm just jealous as I'm going to bed in a bit so I can be up at 4 for work and instead of doing our Christmas piss-up tomorrow they want to do it after christmas??? What's the bloody point?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i am off work now but I missed my work party which was 2 weeks ago rather than tonight for some reason :(

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Kept hearing on the radio at work today about all these cunts that finish up work today and are off till after Xmas & are having their christmas parties tonight.
Any of those pampered cunts in here?

I'm just jealous as I'm going to bed in a bit so I can be up at 4 for work and instead of doing our Christmas piss-up tomorrow they want to do it after christmas??? What's the bloody point?

It's me, though I had my work party last week. I've taken next week off as annual leave though, normally we work til xmas eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not at work again until January 6th. But that's through being part time and having holiday saved up.