Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xa7lb/please_tell_me_sc_isnt_going_to_adopt_a_payment/cy2v5ui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

christ

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

You missed the response to that:

Samfreez posted:

That's a drat fine point.

I shudder to think what the game that exists in these people's heads looks like.

spathi-wa
Sep 8, 2005
hu hu hu ^_^
Lipstick Apathy

FrankieGoes posted:

neonbregna posted:

It looks like our man on the inside came through as promised and all the invites have been sent to the registered goonrathi email addresses. I hope to be a valuable asset to the dedicated ramming squad and look forward to meeting my fellow rammers on the morning shift. If the goonrathi leadership sees fit I am also available for assignment on the weekends.

Per Aspera Ad Astra

Anyone that thinks they haven't gotten theirs, check your spam folder, that's where mine was. But yes, supposedly everyone should have theirs by now, but of course it hasn't been verified until everyone has managed to check in, in the 'verse.

Still waiting on the final numbers and to hear from the guys that volunteered for the super late/early shifts, but it looks like we should be able to keep at least six+ goons active around the clock, 24 hours a day.

I'd post on the offsite but the website is down. has anyone else not been paid for their ramming vids? i got paid for two of my five vids, and i made them public but i'm wondering if there's a hiccup or what.

should i wait for payment for the other vids or just make them public?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I don't know how to read. Is he saying that each of the bullshit releases from CIG so far were a full game?

spathi-wa posted:

If you are joining in literally just for the payment you should rethink why you are doing this. It's only for encouragement, not meant to be a job.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 18, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sillybones posted:

I don't know how to read. Is he saying that each of the bullshit releases from CIG so far were a full game?
I think they're seeing each of the Squadron 42 episodes is equivalent to a game from the Witcher series so CIG should be able to charge full price for each of them.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

spathi-wa posted:

I'd post on the offsite but the website is down. has anyone else not been paid for their ramming vids? i got paid for two of my five vids, and i made them public but i'm wondering if there's a hiccup or what.

You need a Platinum Account to read this message.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'm guessing that he basically pulls everyone who's left at CIG into finishing his baby Squadron 42 at the expense of the game people actually care about with the logic of 'We'll earn enough money selling Squadron 42 to finish Star Citizen'.

They'd have to work a loving miracle to get it done before Q2 2016 if Derek's sources are correct about their financial optics. Even if they did manage to pull it off, it'd be a terrible Groverhouse of a game.

spathi-wa
Sep 8, 2005
hu hu hu ^_^
Lipstick Apathy

Sillybones posted:

If you are joining in literally just for the payment you should rethink why you are doing this. It's only for encouragement, not meant to be a job.

i cant disagree, but ya know, free money for doing fun stuff. thought it wouldnt hurt to ask!

fuctifino posted:

You need a Platinum Account to read this message.

thanks i'll try that

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Reddit: Why Locations like Million Mile High Club Make Sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpULalOuOc

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'm guessing that he basically pulls everyone who's left at CIG into finishing his baby Squadron 42 at the expense of the game people actually care about with the logic of 'We'll earn enough money selling Squadron 42 to finish Star Citizen'.

I'd imagine he'd be doing that

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I just don't understand why people aren't ok with CIG using resources to make a thing that is only available to ~1% of the playerbase especially when the PTU build is basically feature complete and is the greatest game ever created.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Amarcarts posted:

They accidentally left the cameras on at CIG after the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqnrJsyoRY

Merry Christmas

That was hilarious.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Nyeehg posted:

That said, the live stream proves that if nothing else, Roberts is ignorant of his own product (and therefore incompetent). He genuinely seemed lost. My immediate question after watching that was if he's been creating this game for 3 4 5 years, how did he not know the UI was terrible? How did he not see all the bugs/crashes coming? Why can't he get the game working for more that 3 minutes?

It makes perfect sense when you realise that Chris probably doesn't give 2 shits about the Star Citizen MMO, it's just something that got tacked on to milk more money because the fan base wanted it. His baby is SQ42 because that's where he gets to direct all the big name actors and write cool stories and do hollywood movie stuff.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Star Citizen: Kubrick, Copolla, Tarantino, Spielberg, Roberts

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

Also if Sandi is one of my wingmen I'm gonna frag her right away just like I did maniac. It'll probably break the story because there's no way she would let herself get written off in episode 1

Bug Report: "I shot Sandi, then my ship exploded for no reason, the game crashed, uninstalled itself, my forum account was permabanned, finally my hard drive was wiped over with static".

QA Response: "Not a bug. Feature working as intended"

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Star Citizen: Kubrick, Copolla, Tarantino, Spielberg, Roberts

This would be a good thread title considering Karl has gone to ground.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

spathi-wa posted:

i cant disagree, but ya know, free money for doing fun stuff. thought it wouldnt hurt to ask!

thanks i'll try that

If that doesn't work try buying eonwe a new goddamn avatar because I am sick of the pedo elephant thing

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

lmao nice meltdown

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bait and Swatch posted:

If that doesn't work try buying eonwe a new goddamn avatar because I am sick of the pedo elephant thing

eonwe has a pedo elephant? gross.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

D_Smart posted:

He doesn't. As long as he accessed the game after that, and agreed to the current ToS, he's farked.

Good thing I didn't.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

One of the pre-trailer commercials for TFA tonight was for E:D/Horizons. I really hope that was also shown at Chris-R's theater :allears:

And I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of Space Magic suddenly gets added to this. Y'know, as intended all along.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
apologies if this was already posted.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6107707

hmmm sounds suspiciously like a huge pile of bullshit.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

spacetoaster posted:

eonwe has a pedo elephant? gross.

Lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lmao nice meltdown
Karl's an enigma even to CIG employees.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

fuctifino posted:

:five:

That's loving brilliant :)
It really is.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

sup

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

apologies if this was already posted.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6107707

hmmm sounds suspiciously like a huge pile of bullshit.

hahaha "the very specific world of Star Citizen customer requests"

I can't even imagine what horrors they get put through to train for that

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lmao nice meltdown

The only thing better would have been if Jared called him Karl.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

"Ok, I need you to write another automated email template explaining why we're still behind. Make sure to write how we hate sending these out. Then, I want you to read up on all the forum posts and lore from the last 3 4 5 years. If you don't know the lore, you aren't qualified to issue a refund." -Ben

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Star Citizen: Gardiner, Kubrick, Copolla, Tarantino, Spielberg, Roberts

Fixed.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

forget everything you ever knew about the legality of refunds

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Quick legal question here: How much can Chris Roberts keep referring to wing commander before the people who own the rights to WC can sue him? PGI has probably got the documents going through legal now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Amarcarts posted:

They accidentally left the cameras on at CIG after the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqnrJsyoRY

Merry Christmas

Holy poo poo. Even birds. I am died.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
My coworker is a room mate with a star citizen fanatic.

He still believes, and is in for several hundred. I wonder if I should give my coworker some suicide pamphlet's to give his friend when this all comes crashing down.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

jaegerx posted:

I think we will get squadron 42 but it'll be a smaller edition than promised. Probably if we're lucky 6 hours of actual gameplay with 20 hours of mocap.

There's no way we ever get the PU.
I think it's likely they're even having significant issues with the mocap. The Morrow Tour stuff at Citcon looked awful. Gary Oldman's speech looked terrible. The two seconds of Hamill's face in the Old Man trailer were hand animated. And the best they could show of John Rhys-Davies' character yesterday was a grey model spinning in place. They spliced his interview in with shots of him in the motion capture studio and never showed any shots of his character in game, let alone his character in game emoting and speaking.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Quick legal question here: How much can Chris Roberts keep referring to wing commander before the people who own the rights to WC can sue him? PGI has probably got the documents going through legal now.

PGI doesn't have any rights. They licensed the IP from EA. EA still owns the Wing Commander IP. That said, even Chris Roberts, creator of this beloved space sim IP, declined to buy back his IP from EA when he had the funds and the chance.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

FrankieGoes posted:

Holy poo poo. Even birds. I am died.

What is the deal with the birds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootcha posted:

PGI doesn't have any rights. They licensed the IP from EA. EA still owns the Wing Commander IP. That said, even Chris Roberts, creator of this beloved space sim IP, declined to buy back his IP from EA when he had the funds and the chance.

I know. It's just another funny moment from the whole "transverse" episode.

• Locked thread