Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The road to Jim is paved with Bobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

False alarm.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bible posted:

It sure is nice that his already badly hurt wife gets to relive her heartbreak and humiliation in front of a nationwide audience.

I'm sure if she had the choice to do this in private, she'd still choose to do it on TV.

Sharing their sexual deviancy experiences with people....sounds like Whores!*

* how much are they getting?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

One attempt at humanizing the deeply boring husbands came in the form of a scene in which Derrick teaches Ben Seewald, Jessas husband, how to be a father.

Its really cool being a dad, Derick says, because its just like a regular person but in small form.

One activity which the baby loves a lot, Derrick explains, is to be repeatedly thrown in the air.

Not right after feeding, Derrick says of the throwing game, and not with a low ceiling... but its mutually-beneficial because then you get your workout in, and its good because you get good reps, because theyre not like 100 pounds yet.

I better try that, Ben says, I better practice.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

"and remember that you have to feed it every day, several times a day. Ben, listen to me. Feed the baby. Babies have to eat, Ben."

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The road to Jim is paved with Bobs.

words to live Bob

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

That is exactly the kind of dadding that 10+ kids need.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I found out the hard way that I can't do it in the bathroom or dining room. Or the kitchen. I think they call it trial-and-error.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"Tell me about the rabbits, Derrick," says Ben. "Tell me again about how there'll be rabbits there."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Reverse Centaur posted:

TLC. They're calling it Counting On and it sounded like it was only about Jill and Jessa but the whole family is in it, minus Josh I presume. It looks like next episode is gonna have a good sit down talk with Josh's wife. First episode had lots o' crying and was refreshing in its honesty, the girls even admitted they hosed up defending Josh on Fox News.

Very different vibe than the old show, and only a few episodes I think.

I haven't watched the second episode yet, but it should be noted that, at least as of the first episode, there is also no Michelle or Jim Bob.

One thing I'll say is that, based on the language the girls used in their interviews, it does seem like they got real(-ish) counselling at some point. Whether that was after Josh molested them, or more recently, (also how extensive it was) I don't know. But they were using some serious therapy terms. The interviews were pretty fascinating, and honestly what I was hoping the Fox News interviews would be.

Now, keep in mind, they're not tell-alls by any stretch of the imagination, and they still support Josh as a family member (from a distance). But it's more than I was expecting, which was a quick mention at the beginning, followed by a pilot for their spin-off. The family is clearly pissed as hell at Josh.

Pretty sure I read this show is going to be 4 episodes, 90 minutes (with commercials) each.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

DON'T THROW YOUR BABIES IN THE AIR

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone wants to do an episode summary I'd sure appreciate it.

Also related to hosed up religious families on TLC: this review of a TLC special called My Husband's Not Gay.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Lazy_Liberal posted:

DON'T THROW YOUR BABIES IN THE AIR

why not? doesn't seem very difficult for the Duggars to crank out a new one if it gets broke

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

slomomofo posted:

why not? doesn't seem very difficult for the Duggars to crank out a new one if it gets broke

it's easier than ever.

the jim bobs are having even more jim bobs.

soon they'll rule the world.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Rambling Robot posted:

it's easier than ever.

the jim bobs are having even more jim bobs.

soon they'll rule the world.

This is the essence of Quiverfull, the sound of one hand clapping, if you will.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pvt.Scott posted:

This is the essence of Quiverfull, the sound of one hand clapping, if you will.

That same sound happens when you are one hand emptying your quiver.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That same sound happens when you are one hand emptying your quiver.

One hand jimming your bob.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
rimbob

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The Bible posted:

It sure is nice that his already badly hurt wife gets to relive her heartbreak and humiliation in front of a nationwide audience.

I'm sure if she had the choice to do this in private, she'd still choose to do it on TV.

Hate to say it, but she was pretty much destined to be a baby machine since day one because of her stupid religion, was most likely kept from ever developing a marketable skill of any kind, and has a few kids already. I hope she takes the money and runs.

I never watched the show, but from things I've seen when I've read gossip rags, I always felt bad for the oldest girl, that one son that everyone is sure is gay, and Jinger. I mean, I feel bad for all those kids, but for some reason those three stick out the most.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Jinger always seemed the most reasonable to me. If she ever could get out of the situation, she'll make it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If there are kids in that crazy Fred Phelps church who can escape a compound with guards and fences meant to keep them in, I hope that means there are Duggars who can escape.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

If there are kids in that crazy Fred Phelps church who can escape a compound with guards and fences meant to keep them in, I hope that means there are Duggars who can escape.

Sure, they can escape, but then what? The Duggar girls aren't bound by mere fences, they are bound by a total lack of even a basic education and a deeply embedded belief that they are inherently inferior to men.

Phelps kids have it easy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Bible posted:

Sure, they can escape, but then what? The Duggar girls aren't bound by mere fences, they are bound by a total lack of even a basic education and a deeply embedded belief that they are inherently inferior to men.

Phelps kids have it easy.

This. Never underestimate the power of self-loathing, and the shackles of obligation.

These girls are in a lovely situation, and if they aren't morons they realise they are in a lovely situation. They just truly honestly believe that they cannot, and do not deserve to get out of it.

Also, don't forget the creepy smiling all the time as well. Unhappiness is a sin, so they also feel that by the mere fact of wanting something more, and being unsatisfied with their life of servitude and procreation, they are being bad and wrong.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jim Bob helps pack the Candy for Jill to take to the poors in El Savador.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I love that they are going to witness about Jesus Christ
in a country named "The Republic of the Savior" in honor of Jesus Christ. Between the Catholics and Protestants the pop is ~90% Christian. At this point they'll be hunting for feral children that were abandoned as infants and raised by animals, who will subsequently then die from ingesting too much sugar the first time they are given a backpack full of candy.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
those dead, empty eyes

also you can almost see her kneecaps, what kind of harlot is polluting the house of Jim Bob??

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 18, 2015

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Pvt.Scott posted:

I love that they are going to witness about Jesus Christ
in a country named "The Republic of the Savior" in honor of Jesus Christ. Between the Catholics and Protestants the pop is ~90% Christian. At this point they'll be hunting for feral children that were abandoned as infants and raised by animals, who will subsequently then die from ingesting too much sugar the first time they are given a backpack full of candy.

They're going there to witness to those misguided catholics. As far as their theology goes, the catholics aren't even Christian.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Actually, Latin America is a huge new "market" for evangelicals. That's where they're setting up shop to grow new congregations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Is there any photo of Jim Bob in which he isn't showing his goofy beaver teeth?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Looks like Jill got some pretty good lookin baps goin on under that hoodie

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Jumpingmanjim posted:

She's barefoot, but that's only step one. Get with the program, Jill.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Universe Master posted:

She's barefoot, but that's only step one. Get with the program, Jill.
Duggar women have their shoes locked up at night so they can't run away.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the Jimming of the Bob

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

They're practically part of his personality.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't watched the second episode yet, but it should be noted that, at least as of the first episode, there is also no Michelle or Jim Bob.

They showed MIchelle in the preview for the episode on Sunday. No sign of the big jim jeb bob robert john bim bob though

Say Nothing posted:

You can knock the Duggars for a lot of things but I think they may have the best dentistry as a family that I have ever seen.

Even Derick Dillard had to get adult braces to fit in.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 18, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QmhT4lmpk

Jim Bob comes dangerously close to dancing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jumpingmanjim posted:

"Is the uterus completely retired?" I was genuinely expecting "What's a uterus?"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

would

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I would think that they would not like sunglasses because you could be looking at boobs and no one would know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Yeah, but what about her?

• Locked thread