Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

malal posted:

FO4 has a lot of issues, and I can merrily ignore most of them, two in particular have really started to grate on me.

The first is CHA checks for XP and its only to be an rear end in a top hat. It's really easy XP, even if your CHA is poo poo you can wear a hat, shades, a nice suit or underwear, and pop some mentats. My issue is it has solely used to be an rear end in a top hat, get more money, or to pry more information out of someone. even if you think you are doing a good thing, I guarantee in the end its a bigger rear end in a top hat option then choosing the button on the right.

My second bitch is doing the main missions. I wanted to just plow through one of what seemed the main story lines (minutemen) but now the missions are looping. I've saved the same loving kid three times now. I assume I need to do one of the other main story lines, so while I'm off trying to find my idiotic kid I keep having to do these stupid times missions or face the loss. I even tried not turning in the mission, it works for a while then just auto-turns it in for you.

The game has infinitely respawning sidequests for the factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

malal posted:

FO4 has a lot of issues, and I can merrily ignore most of them, two in particular have really started to grate on me.

The first is CHA checks for XP and its only to be an rear end in a top hat. It's really easy XP, even if your CHA is poo poo you can wear a hat, shades, a nice suit or underwear, and pop some mentats. My issue is it has solely used to be an rear end in a top hat, get more money, or to pry more information out of someone. even if you think you are doing a good thing, I guarantee in the end its a bigger rear end in a top hat option then choosing the button on the right.

What annoys me is that there are barely any skill checks for anything except charisma. When I helped a bunch of robots I was absolutely delighted when I found that I could just use my intelligence to jury-rig up a fix instead of hunting down new parts. It is the only time I've seen in the entire game where I got the option, and it's really a let down when that concept was everywhere in the previous games.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

princecoo posted:

What annoys me is that there are barely any skill checks for anything except charisma. When I helped a bunch of robots I was absolutely delighted when I found that I could just use my intelligence to jury-rig up a fix instead of hunting down new parts. It is the only time I've seen in the entire game where I got the option, and it's really a let down when that concept was everywhere in the previous games.

That's the only time. There's literally one quest where you can solve a problem in a way that isn't shooting it or passing an entirely chance-based Charisma check.

Fallout 4 has made me realize I actually have expectations of what exactly a Fallout quest entails. It's not a big list of demands, it amounts to 'more than one way to complete a quest, and ways to utilize my character's skills'. You know, just reasonable ways in which a quest would be different if I did it on a different character. By that definition of a 'Fallout quest', there is only one Fallout quest in this Fallout game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I just realized a lot of the right and bottom edge of the map in fallout 4 is just ocean so there's nothing there. It's still a very big world but deceptively smaller than it looked. New vegas had something similar IIRC where there were impassible mountains around the edge of the world that made it smaller than it looked.

The bounded area of the map is actually fairly deceptive. For example, the Glowing Sea in the lower left goes well beyond the marked boundary.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm looking forward to PS1/N64-era polygons being used for indie retrogames like 8 and 16-bit sprites.

https://sketchfab.com/models/a4ca0e3864e143af9bf1dffc7fc8029b

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

The bounded area of the map is actually fairly deceptive. For example, the Glowing Sea in the lower left goes well beyond the marked boundary.

There's also a lot of stuff to explore in the sea.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Also defense for settlements in fallout 4 is almost useless because enemies tend to just spawn smack in the middle of your corn fields because gently caress you.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

This is really cool thanks for sharing!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Also defense for settlements in fallout 4 is almost useless because enemies tend to just spawn smack in the middle of your corn fields because gently caress you.

The benefits of settlements are massively not worth the effort in general. Building a post apocalyptic dollhouse has it's own appeal but it would be nice if there was a compelling reason to.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

The benefits of settlements are massively not worth the effort in general. Building a post apocalyptic dollhouse has it's own appeal but it would be nice if there was a compelling reason to.
Like you've just woken up from a deep freeze and have the know-how and super resourceful on how to build poo poo from the past and you realize like, you could totally do a better job than these scrubs in the area. But nope gently caress that, rebuild society and better? Naw gotta go find my kid gently caress everything else forever.
I don't have an issue with wanting to rescue your kid, I just have an issue with them wasting that good set-up to rebuild the Wasteland to save a kid.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

Even if there was, the tools are kind of poo poo. It's like when they added house building to Skyrim and it was poo poo. Did anyone actually like the hearthfire houses? The settlements in Fallout 4 pale in comparison to any game like Ark or Rust that let you actually build something, and the inevitable customization mods will blow it out of the water as well. As is, it just feels really bare bones like most of what bethesda does because they basically just make the skeleton of the game and wait for modders to finish it. Because people will pay them anyway.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I just picked up a couple 3DS games and ugh...

Yo-Kai Watch has some entertaining new ideas for a Pokemon clone, but the battle system seems to be a shallow puddle of hot garbage. In addition to that there's no pokeball equivalent item - no, you have to beat the poo poo out of a monster and then hope it asks to join you. There are items you can use to increase your chances but you can only figure out which item to use on which character via trial and error, AND you can only use one item per monster per battle. Found a rare yo-kai but fed it a food that it doesn't like? Tough poo poo, good luck finding it again.

LoZ: Link Between Worlds seems really fun for what little I've played so far, but it seems to be relying too much on nostalgia. The game keeps elbowing you in the ribs and winking while saying REMEMBER THIS FROM LttP? WASN'T THAT A FUN GAME?? Like...the intro has you going to Sanctuary through a secret passage, complete with a room with two switches, one that opens the door and another that drops snakes in the room. You know, just like LttP! Then you have to go visit the wise man Sahraslawhatever. Just like LttP!

I actually loved LttP and this game seems fun so far, but it's like if it keeps shoving it in my face I might as well just get the GBA remake and play that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ryoshi posted:

LoZ: Link Between Worlds seems really fun for what little I've played so far, but it seems to be relying too much on nostalgia. The game keeps elbowing you in the ribs and winking while saying REMEMBER THIS FROM LttP? WASN'T THAT A FUN GAME?? Like...the intro has you going to Sanctuary through a secret passage, complete with a room with two switches, one that opens the door and another that drops snakes in the room. You know, just like LttP! Then you have to go visit the wise man Sahraslawhatever. Just like LttP!

I actually loved LttP and this game seems fun so far, but it's like if it keeps shoving it in my face I might as well just get the GBA remake and play that.

Without spoiling anything, it starts deviating pretty hard when you get to the dark world. I mean it's still basically LttP 2, and it's always going to feel like that, but there's both a lot more original stuff and a lot more playing with your expectations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I found Link Between Worlds to be pretty terrible, the dungeons where just to simplistic and I found everything without ever consulting a guide, it was just so blatant that the secrets where right there.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Ryoshi posted:

I just picked up a couple 3DS games and ugh...

Yo-Kai Watch has some entertaining new ideas for a Pokemon clone, but the battle system seems to be a shallow puddle of hot garbage. In addition to that there's no pokeball equivalent item - no, you have to beat the poo poo out of a monster and then hope it asks to join you. There are items you can use to increase your chances but you can only figure out which item to use on which character via trial and error, AND you can only use one item per monster per battle. Found a rare yo-kai but fed it a food that it doesn't like? Tough poo poo, good luck finding it again.

That actually sounds kind of interesting: like Pokémon, but with SMT's negotiation system.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

dpbjinc posted:

That actually sounds kind of interesting: like Pokémon, but with SMT's negotiation system.

It sounds more like Ni No Kuni to me, speaking of terrible pokeyman recruiting systems.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Even if there was, the tools are kind of poo poo. It's like when they added house building to Skyrim and it was poo poo. Did anyone actually like the hearthfire houses? The settlements in Fallout 4 pale in comparison to any game like Ark or Rust that let you actually build something, and the inevitable customization mods will blow it out of the water as well. As is, it just feels really bare bones like most of what bethesda does because they basically just make the skeleton of the game and wait for modders to finish it. Because people will pay them anyway.

Agreeing with that completely, Beth did the minimum effort and it's a clunky rear end mess as a result, even the god drat snap-to is pitiful and that's day one of babby's first modular base builder. What annoyed me the most though was despite a good proportion of the settlements being on eneven ground there was absolutely no accounting for this in the workshop. Even something feasibly flexible like the wire fences can only go dangling off into mid-air or tunnel into the side of a hill leaving you to cheese a janky mess of a fence over the terrain. I would have also liked to have seen more than 2 building styles or at least some sort of quality level within them. I know it's the wasteland and all but can we just not charge an exorbitant amount of resources and pretend my settlers worked real hard so I can have a house that doesn't look like it was built while intoxicated?

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Dungeons of Dredmor is pretty fun, but a fair few of the skills, particularly the pre-expansion ones, favour trying to be funny over actually telling you what the skill does. Particularly the Vampirism line, which as far as I can tell never tells you your ability to steal health is based off your health regen stat. My first try with it was a slow loss to attrition because I didn't realise the stat that raises an attribute you can't actually use any more is critically important.

The last boss is also a poo poo wall of health and obscenely high resistances that can zap a quarter of your health off if he feels like it. I don't know if he's possible to melee, and the only winning strategy I've seen for a melee character is to peg a bunch of poo poo at him while playing keepaway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dpbjinc posted:

In SMT you can pick who to talk to and negotiation lets you get them to join. In Yo-Kai Watch it's like a carnival game. You throw poo poo at the little clown dolls and hope one falls over. Most of the time they won't. Of course 99% of the side quests in the game ask you to find specific yokai so have fun wandering around for hours hoping one joins you.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Collectibles drag most things down. L.A. Noire is an exception.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shadow of mordor too

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Collectibles drag most things down. L.A. Noire is an exception.

what do you collect?

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Gitro posted:

Dungeons of Dredmor is pretty fun, but a fair few of the skills, particularly the pre-expansion ones, favour trying to be funny over actually telling you what the skill does. Particularly the Vampirism line, which as far as I can tell never tells you your ability to steal health is based off your health regen stat. My first try with it was a slow loss to attrition because I didn't realise the stat that raises an attribute you can't actually use any more is critically important.

The last boss is also a poo poo wall of health and obscenely high resistances that can zap a quarter of your health off if he feels like it. I don't know if he's possible to melee, and the only winning strategy I've seen for a melee character is to peg a bunch of poo poo at him while playing keepaway.

Ugh, there was also a bug in the Mac version where you would lose stats every time you loaded your save. I lost a really good run because enemies that should have been pushovers were almost 1-shotting me.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

oldpainless posted:

Shadow of mordor too

Shadow of Mordor had collectibles all marked on your map and there was actually a reasonably limited number of them, which helped.
Also you got to kill more orcs along the way and that was great.
Man, that was a good game with a letdown of an ending battle.

I just started properly playing Far Cry 4 and wow these Shangri-La segments are dumb.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gitro posted:

While this is absolutely a problem with the game, I still get a laugh out of it the first time. Like seeing a random Skepticism skill in the paranormal investigator tree, and all the description will tell you is "You're going to bust this conspiracy wide open, and expose this monster for what it really is!"

quote:

I tried meleeing him briefly on an extremely powerful clockwork knight setup and it only worked for a couple turns when I got lucky. I quickly had to get out and go to the usual strategy, which is to just throw lots of clockwork sawblades and holy hand grenades until the righteous damage and bleeding gets him. If you happen to have magical law, keep the gag order on him 100% of the time because it's guaranteed to work and makes him completely harmless at a distance. Always keep an escape option around such as multiple invisibility potions/inky hoglanterns, or the teleport from mathemagic. An escape option is a pretty important part of any build though.

If you have realm of the diggle gods, I actually recommend playing without the extra 5 floors. There's not enough extra items to justify the game going on that much longer so you eventually start seeing the same top-quality items appear over and over, and monsters take way too long to kill. It's unfortunately a huge slog and it makes dredmor even worse. Conquest of the wizardlands and you have to name the expansion pack were much better expansions.

Owl Inspector has a new favorite as of 05:28 on Dec 18, 2015

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Replaying X-COM: Enemy Unknown.

Later in the game, you'll make your way through Very Large alien ships, and if all goes well, you're looking at a 30-60 minutes level. You have to creep along slowly, because when you encounter enemies, there's usually a group that will all "activate" at once. If you're not in a good defensive position, they'll do a lot of damage to you. The RNG of it can be really brutal some times. I had just spent 45 mins in one level, because the "aliens are over here" sound cues were flatout lying to me, and I was running back and forth for no goddamn reason. I group up and go to press on, and in about 2 characters' moves, I activate 8 enemies. All of them are super upgraded either in armor/weaponry, or in devastating psiotic abilities. Just wiped out 3 of my top officers, and I had to give up. So unforgiving.

This can happen in those 'Terror' missions where you have to save civilians. If you get a cramped map, you can easily stumble upon 8 of the crab-like, zombie making dudes, and they'll kill all the civilians in 2-3 turns.

Love the game tho. Really jazzed about the upcoming sequel.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Captain Lavender posted:

Replaying X-COM: Enemy Unknown.

Later in the game, you'll make your way through Very Large alien ships, and if all goes well, you're looking at a 30-60 minutes level. You have to creep along slowly, because when you encounter enemies, there's usually a group that will all "activate" at once. If you're not in a good defensive position, they'll do a lot of damage to you. The RNG of it can be really brutal some times. I had just spent 45 mins in one level, because the "aliens are over here" sound cues were flatout lying to me, and I was running back and forth for no goddamn reason. I group up and go to press on, and in about 2 characters' moves, I activate 8 enemies. All of them are super upgraded either in armor/weaponry, or in devastating psiotic abilities. Just wiped out 3 of my top officers, and I had to give up. So unforgiving.

This can happen in those 'Terror' missions where you have to save civilians. If you get a cramped map, you can easily stumble upon 8 of the crab-like, zombie making dudes, and they'll kill all the civilians in 2-3 turns.

Love the game tho. Really jazzed about the upcoming sequel.

This is because enemy groups that haven't been activated teleport around the map to simulate movement. So one turn they'll be near you and the next they could be on the other side of the map. There was a bug for a long time where they would sometimes land right on top of your group and activate, which usually lead to a team wipe for me. Nothing like having a good run and 12 enemies suddenly appear right next to you to ruin your poo poo.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Regrettable posted:

This is because enemy groups that haven't been activated teleport around the map to simulate movement. So one turn they'll be near you and the next they could be on the other side of the map. There was a bug for a long time where they would sometimes land right on top of your group and activate, which usually lead to a team wipe for me. Nothing like having a good run and 12 enemies suddenly appear right next to you to ruin your poo poo.

Oh god really? Yeah, they kept making noise from where I had just come from. Some of those ships are just too drat big.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Captain Lavender posted:

Oh god really? Yeah, they kept making noise from where I had just come from. Some of those ships are just too drat big.

That is one of the many fixes in The Long War mod, but TLW is also really difficult and tailor made for only the spergiest players.

I love it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

bewilderment posted:

I just started properly playing Far Cry 4 and wow these Shangri-La segments are dumb.

I really hated the artificial height limit applied to the helicopter and how it would take away all control away from you and spiral you downwards.

Don't give me a helicopter if I can abuse it.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

While this is absolutely a problem with the game, I still get a laugh out of it the first time. Like seeing a random Skepticism skill in the paranormal investigator tree, and all the description will tell you is "You're going to bust this conspiracy wide open, and expose this monster for what it really is!"

I always assumed that skill was some sort of polymorph. Normally it's not so bad because you can just use it and learn what it does, but when it's a core part of how to use the skill line it's a bit daft. They're usually funny enough to forgive, and I always get a chuckle out of 'Agar Aguardian'.

quote:

I tried meleeing him briefly on an extremely powerful clockwork knight setup and it only worked for a couple turns when I got lucky. I quickly had to get out and go to the usual strategy, which is to just throw lots of clockwork sawblades and holy hand grenades until the righteous damage and bleeding gets him. If you happen to have magical law, keep the gag order on him 100% of the time because it's guaranteed to work and makes him completely harmless at a distance. Always keep an escape option around such as multiple invisibility potions/inky hoglanterns, or the teleport from mathemagic. An escape option is a pretty important part of any build though.

If you have realm of the diggle gods, I actually recommend playing without the extra 5 floors. There's not enough extra items to justify the game going on that much longer so you eventually start seeing the same top-quality items appear over and over, and monsters take way too long to kill. It's unfortunately a huge slog and it makes dredmor even worse. Conquest of the wizardlands and you have to name the expansion pack were much better expansions.

I like the Diggle God buffs and fertility is amazing for Vampirism, but yeah the extra floors drag. I try to remember to keep it turned off, same as remembering to use No Time to Grind. Is there a way to keep those permanently selected? It's annoying to have to remember to recheck them every time.

I was going to see if the bat transformation would work for escape, but it doesn't. Didn't matter since I ran out of projectiles before I ran out of teleport potions. Hadn't really needed an escape before then either, Vampirism is stupidly good against anything that isn't a robot or undead. Just stay at full health for an entire fight, no big deal.

For another complaint: games that have a bunch of stats and don't properly explain how they work. I don't want a spreadsheet breaking down everything, but to use Dredmor as an example, I have no idea how counter, dodge or aim actually work. Do 5 points of magic resist matter? Should I stack one of counter or dodge really high or are there diminishing returns? This armour drops my dodge by twenty points, is that a big deal? It's normally not an issue but I've got like 10 item slots to fill and a shitload of choices for what to put into them, and a whole bunch of skills I can choose at character creation. It's annoying to try to make a good choice in a game with perma-death without really knowing what my choices actually do.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

bewilderment posted:

I quite liked the feel of the first one where you just have the knife and the tiger. The art direction is pretty cool and it felt good running around like a ninja and knifing demons with my tiger bro. Not so keen now the enemies are upgrading with flamethrowers and poo poo, it's definitely a bit samey.

The wingsuit is so much better in FC4 than 3 though, they've clearly thought about where you're going to use it. If you launch from the homestead and go to your right the land slopes perfectly so you can swoop down the road at about 20ft up for a mile or two and drop into the lake at the end. The mission where you suit through the canyon was a cool setpiece too.

Things I don't like at all - revenge attacks on outposts. The concept is fine but if you fast travel they always seem to happen once you're a few hundred metres away from the camp you travelled to. Then I have to run back away from whatever waypoint I'm on and hope I make it in time. Just irritating after a while. Same for message couriers/king's trucks; I'm generally on foot so I get 30 seconds of notice before they're away in the distance, along with any chance of me hijacking them instead of blowing them up.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So Sword Coast Legends is free on Steam this weekend and I figure I'd give it a shot. Make my account, make a character, not really entirely D&D but whatever, get into the game and there's this weird fog of war effect that's purple and ripples all over the place and after a minute and two fights I have to shut the game off because that effect combined with camera movement made me physically ill. Can't really say if the game has any merit to it but it's pretty bad when it literally assaults your senses to the point of almost making you throw up.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

The fact that From uses that design in their other games has nothing to do with whether or not a giant laser-shooting anime sword looks out-of-place in a gothic horror van helsing-esque setting. It's a 100% subjective complaint with the aesthetics and drawing weird connections to other stuff the developer has made doesn't change how I'm going to view the game as a singular product. It's my opinion on the aesthetics and it might not look out-of-place at all to you. But to me, it was random and cheesy as gently caress and borderline fan servicey.

It's an incredibly small complaint with the DLC compared to the fact that half the time I am just not enjoying its content.

A blue laser firing sword isn't that unusual in a game filled with Cosmic Horrors from another dimension. :v:

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I'm way behind the times and just started playing Saint's Row 3, and I'm not sure I'm really on board with the whole thing of using Activities as story missions. As in, a mobile phone call, followed by driving to the mission marker and the game just launching you into an activity you've already had a story mission tutorial on.

On the one hand I get that GTA clone story missions are usually pretty bland, and I appreciate the honesty. But on the other hand, devs, come the gently caress on, guys.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saints Row 3 had a troubled development cycle, let's put it that way. The way it ended up with the activities is that you get 2-3 of those activity missions from each of your new buddies, then one that's just a cutscene, and then they gently caress off until their storyarc starts.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Action Tortoise posted:

what do you collect?

There are landmarks, cars, and golden movie reels. I found all landmarks, I think I found all garage locations with the one off cars that aren't just driving around the city, but I never found a single golden movie reel. I don't know how - there are 50 of the drat things, I should have found at least a few by accident.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Nuebot posted:

In SMT you can pick who to talk to and negotiation lets you get them to join. In Yo-Kai Watch it's like a carnival game. You throw poo poo at the little clown dolls and hope one falls over. Most of the time they won't. Of course 99% of the side quests in the game ask you to find specific yokai so have fun wandering around for hours hoping one joins you.

Yeah. I've played the poo poo out of most SMT games and loved them, but this is a whole other level of completely arbitrary. Plus the SMT games are backed by a very strategic battle system, whereas in YKW your monsters are basically on autopilot until you fill their soul meters and command them to use an ultimate attack (which you charge up by doing one of three little touchscreen mini games). There seems to be some strategy in your team arrangement and stuff but unless you run from battles all the time your dudes are so buff just from random grinding while looking for rare Yo-Kai that nothing is really a threat.

Plus the rarity of some of the dudes can't be overstated - there are some monsters I have seen ONCE.

The other issue is this: you can't target a specific enemy with an item to try to entice them to stay until the battle is already underway. You can toss an item before the battle starts but it goes to a random enemy. If you want to be sure to throw it at the ultra rare guy and not the dumb ninja you have six copies of already you need to start the battle and target the correct guy with the touchscreen, THEN throw an item at it. But if your monsters are too strong/fast they'll burn down the enemy you target almost instantly and you won't get to toss anything at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

darkwasthenight posted:

I quite liked the feel of the first one where you just have the knife and the tiger. The art direction is pretty cool and it felt good running around like a ninja and knifing demons with my tiger bro. Not so keen now the enemies are upgrading with flamethrowers and poo poo, it's definitely a bit samey.

The wingsuit is so much better in FC4 than 3 though, they've clearly thought about where you're going to use it. If you launch from the homestead and go to your right the land slopes perfectly so you can swoop down the road at about 20ft up for a mile or two and drop into the lake at the end. The mission where you suit through the canyon was a cool setpiece too.

Things I don't like at all - revenge attacks on outposts. The concept is fine but if you fast travel they always seem to happen once you're a few hundred metres away from the camp you travelled to. Then I have to run back away from whatever waypoint I'm on and hope I make it in time. Just irritating after a while. Same for message couriers/king's trucks; I'm generally on foot so I get 30 seconds of notice before they're away in the distance, along with any chance of me hijacking them instead of blowing them up.
Fun fact: If you ignore the revenge attacks, absolutely nothing happens at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Morglon posted:

So Sword Coast Legends is free on Steam this weekend and I figure I'd give it a shot. Make my account, make a character, not really entirely D&D but whatever, get into the game and there's this weird fog of war effect that's purple and ripples all over the place and after a minute and two fights I have to shut the game off because that effect combined with camera movement made me physically ill. Can't really say if the game has any merit to it but it's pretty bad when it literally assaults your senses to the point of almost making you throw up.

It also requires you to create an account with them to even play the game, which is complete bullshit and one of the quickest and easiest ways to know a game isn't worth playing.