Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

That whole subreddit is a goldmine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Crash74 posted:

LOL they just say that to cover their back if they're wrong. Goons have swallowed Derek's salty load and can't now think for themselves.

They're backing him all the way because they believe he's right. Why else are people like boocha and beer4 cuddling up to him after pulling their money? Of course when the game launches and it becomes painfully apparent they've been had, they'll just say "oh lol we knew we were just pretending" to try and save face. That didn't sound convincing when I was 6, and it still doesn't now

:psyboom: welp time to call it quits fellas, writing mushmouth a check for 15 grand today

This is basically us.

:gary: :gizz:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I'm not sure the logic behind the arguement. If SC comes out and we come slinking back we lose face with no one. CIG isn't going to not take my money. But if SC doesn't come out, we are out nothing, and they lose everything.

Hmm, I'm either out hundreds/thousands of dollars, or I might need to admit I was wrong about something. drat tough call that.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I'm not sure the logic behind the arguement. If SC comes out and we come slinking back we lose face with no one. CIG isn't going to not take my money. But if SC doesn't come out, we are out nothing, and they lose everything.

Hmm, I'm either out hundreds/thousands of dollars, or I might need to admit I was wrong about something. drat tough call that.

Careful, you are coming dangerously close to independent thought.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Star Citizen: The Only Way to Win is Not to Pay.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Then again, consider the response you get when you suggest that they might at some point have to admit they were wrong. The amount of vitriol the mere mention of this hypothetical causes suggests that it is a tough call for some since it's debatable which would be the worse outcome for them.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Joke's on you, SC is already out :shepface:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Sarsapariller posted:

Same. Game developers need a union, they are getting screwed six ways from Sunday.

I hope to god there is a secret goon working on Star Citizen so he/she can take the mantel of the worse managed project a SA Goon has worked on.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Ahem:

G0RF posted:

Star Citizen: The Only Winning Move is Not to Pay.

:colbert:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
How the gently caress does a thread move so loving fast.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

Then again, consider the response you get when you suggest that they might at some point have to admit they were wrong. The amount of vitriol the mere mention of this hypothetical causes suggests that it is a tough call for some since it's debatable which would be the worse outcome for them.

I guess, if you are at the "no questions asked" phase, admitting to being wrong about anything would cause a cognitive dissonant cascade.

Personally, I don't have that problem. Like the OUYA, I was completely wrong about that, it came out when I said it wouldn't. I've sure had egg on my face since then.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

plus if it comes out we get to crash starter ships into thousands of dollars in autism chariots

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Tippis posted:

As in the physical plug is unreliable/falls out or as in the driver layer flakes out?

The physical plug falls out, usually when someone pushes the throttle too hard and it tips over, this is especially hard to diagnose when you're wearing a VR headset.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Xaerael posted:

I still love how these morons think that the naysayers are all Dsmart fanboys. I don't think I've ever touched a Dsmart game in my life.

Wikipedia clearly says that the only two games in video game history were Wing Commander and whatever game that Derek Smart made back in the day.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I am sure we are all experiencing many sleepless nights at the prospect of hypothetically down the road having to admit we were wrong about Internet spaceships.

Gonna be a real blemish on my Internet permanent record for sure

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

illectro posted:

The physical plug falls out, usually when someone pushes the throttle too hard and it tips over, this is especially hard to diagnose when you're wearing a VR headset.

This is why my X52 is literally screwed to a plank of wood which I g-clamp to my desk when I play ED.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

If this game really does come out I'm going to feel really stupid for not having spent thousands of dollars on spaceships in a computer game.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sickening posted:

How the gently caress does a thread move so loving fast.

literally this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

illectro posted:

:haw: Brilliant.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I was playing with the thought of buying SC today....then I realised that there is no singular SC to buy so I went nah.

But I'm happy to see we have a dedicated SC hate thread, don't mind me, I'll just sit here and watch :downs:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Crash74 posted:

They're backing him all the way because they believe he's right. Why else are people like boocha and beer4 cuddling up to him after pulling their money? Of course when the game launches and it becomes painfully apparent they've been had, they'll just say "oh lol we knew we were just pretending" to try and save face. That didn't sound convincing when I was 6, and it still doesn't now

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Yeah, we've been over this before. If we are wrong and it comes out, goons will buy the game and absolutely blast the gently caress out of whales and ruin their day. If we are right, we get to laugh as the worst community on the internet gets screwed over. Goons win either way, Shitzens lose both ways.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

If this game really does come out I'm going to feel really stupid for not having spent thousands of dollars on spaceships in a computer game.

Yeah man, but remember, at least it's not a huge scam like ED.

(Disclaimer: LMAO if shitizens actually think they won't have to pay for each "chapter" of Crobber's masterpiece: Hitchhiker's squadron of fireflies (Original idea, please don't steal).)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

"I'm not a whale I'm a manatee :smuggo:"

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

BigglesSWE posted:

But I'm happy to see we have a dedicated SC hate thread, don't mind me, I'll just sit here and watch :downs:

This is also the recipes, cattes, and Eonwe thread. Relax, post about your favorite birds in Star Citizen. Oh, and I feel a bit bad about that last comment on Eonwe. I'll make up for it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Free Kimsemus!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This is also the recipes, cattes, and Eonwe thread. Relax, post about your favorite birds in Star Citizen. Oh, and I feel a bit bad about that last comment on Eonwe. I'll make up for it.

This made approximately zero % sense to me.

I think I'll like this place!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Berious posted:

I think this is the moment Chris realized his game was a piece of poo poo and a failure

https://youtu.be/ZWq8ynUq7wM?t=1061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFDsL_mwBY

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Another week so some new jpegs :shepspends:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15114-MISC-Reliant-Variants

News van variant :allears:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

BigglesSWE posted:

This made approximately zero % sense to me.

I think I'll like this place!

It's okay, it made very little sense to me either. (mostly bad attempts at injokes)

drat, they have hauler, researcher, skirmisher, and news van, but no bird watcher variant. I'm disappointed.
Seriously though, didn't they already have a ship for hauling stuff, and a ship for research? (whatever that entails)

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 18, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Star Citizen - The Detritus of Society

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Wait WHAT? The SHIPS cost real life money!?!??!

(I actually already knew this, I just never really get over the ludicrous pricetags).

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
how is it possible that Roberts managed to out-PARP his reveal of the dog fighting module, nearly two years ago? I am still in awe.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Ahahaha, a loving news van

'Breaking: xxx_dArKLoRdsAtaN_xxx tells Maverick0468372 '1v1 me fgt' We will have more on this developing story!'

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Oh cripes, how their transmissions of new ships/variants have changed! From just essentially: "Hey everyone, we're revealing this new set of ships that do this and this, as always - entirely optional if you want to get them, you don't have to you know." back in 2013 and even in 2014...

...and now THIS loving poo poo is the first thing you are required to see on that page:

quote:

It’s time.

Your whole life, you’ve had your feet planted on the ground, but felt the pull of the stars. You’ve come close to buying ships in the past, but didn’t because you never found a ship that inspires the same awe and wonder that you feel every time you look at the night sky.

That’s about to change.

Introducing the new Reliant. Proudly continuing MISC’s legacy of award-winning reliability and engineering ingenuity, MISC’s new Reliant is a versatile and durable multi-crew ship that is priced to own and guaranteed to last.

Speak to an authorized MISC dealer today for options and take that first step off your world.

:barf: Notacultnotacultnotacult.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

What will be in star citizen you aks?

I have it on good authority that things like this will be possible. Birds loving with cats trying to fight each other: http://youtu.be/cbBlYfTbA44

Enjoy citizens

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

how is it possible that Roberts managed to out-PARP his reveal of the dog fighting module, nearly two years ago? I am still in awe.

It's just that inexorable drive for excellence: always more, bigger, better!

…he's just a bit confused which part this is supposed to apply to.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

kikkelivelho posted:

croberts seemingly not caring at all about the game part of SC is far more damning than simple incompetence. It really does seem like he is mainly interested in being the famous director rather than creating his "dream game". It really looks like he doesn't even really like playing.

I guess the positive thing here is that Chris being this detached from the game part of the game gives the actual developers and producers some breathing room to do their jobs.

I think CRoberts is just perpetually stoned out of his goddamned mind and its hilarious

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for the roaming goon news crews who ram into other ships to have footage to broadcast. It'll be Nightcrawler in space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hey Derek I've been holding my breath for three hours

Cut a bro some slack willya

• Locked thread