Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
People who were voting Kash at deadline:

Quid
Me
Madman
Hal
bowmore

At least one of us is guaranteed scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's going to be Exakt and SA right now. Possibly Hal.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Killing bowmore implicates Hal because bowmore was only voting for Hal. So I think scum may have killed bowmore to set up Hal

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Quid get in here, I don't think it was you who was the scum, and I know it wasn't me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

People who were voting Kash at deadline:

Quid
Me
Madman
Hal
bowmore

At least one of us is guaranteed scum.

This post is actual garbage and completely unnecessary.

I'm almost positive I'm going to be voting Exakt.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

This post is actual garbage and completely unnecessary.

I'm almost positive I'm going to be voting Exakt.

I'm thinking through things, TMM.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I can definitely see SA as a newbie scum. They need to come make some posts

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
TMM who is it if it isn't me?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm thinking through things, TMM.

See and then you get defensive again.

You can think through all you want, but that post was garbage. It's exactly what every town person left alive is thinking, so it didn't need to be said.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

See and then you get defensive again.

You can think through all you want, but that post was garbage. It's exactly what every town person left alive is thinking, so it didn't need to be said.

I'm just nervous cuz it's LYLO, dude.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Quid please come tell me what you think, you were wrong yesterday but that's okay. Is there anyone you're getting serious vibes from? Scum are really close to winning, so we need to make sure all the cards are on the table.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hal I want to hear from you too

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (6): EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Quidnose, Someone Awful!, TMMadman

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 3 days, 6 hours.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sorry guys, I was seeing Star Wars and that was kind of an all afternoon and evening event. I just got off of work and I have to get a few checks in but I'll do a reread after I'm done with that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I was going to finish casing Kashuno because I really think that people looking at him before the end of the day and going "those are solid responses" are full of poo poo but that feels like a waste of time.

Kashuno used a whole lot of self-meta that didn't matter, made soft bizarre connections with unflipped players regarding their intent, and was overall just flabbergasted that people DEIGNED to be suspicious of him coming in and saying things like "You list SA as a person you would vote because you would feel him to be scum when he has no content."

I realize this is a moot point right now because he's dead and town, but I'm going to reiterate he was ACTING scummy, I am surprised he DIDN'T flip scum, and that means people dismissing him as town are borderline "no reason and know too much" for me right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

You're framing your perspective as fact. This isn't analysis, it's building a narrative.

This is what I was getting at.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I think I'd rather lynch bowmore over Kash right now. Bowmore has a total of 7 posts and only 2 of them are game related. One where he votes for Hal and then another where he gives a weak defense of his vote and says he's not moving it.

I'm not sure what to make of this, because I keep thinking "TMM DEFENDING HIS SCUM BUDDY" except I keep forgetting Kash wasn't scum :v:

I really don't like TMM coming out and going for what we now know would be an easy miscuddle with bowmore's flip. It's weird considering how from my perspective Kashuno was talking out of his butt really hard. If TMM knew bowmore was town, he might be going for the easy D1 into D2 win here, especially if he could get heat off of Kashuno, who he also would know was town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Also, what changed? You were right there on the Kash train until he started to pick up votes.

Once again EXAKT says what I am thinking as I am rereading lolololol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

It doesn't really matter if D1 lurking is alignment neutral because if we don't hang scum today then we are in LYLO and that's a bad place took be with a lurker.

If we lynch bowmore today and he flips town, we still have lots of content from Kash to look at, but if we don't lynch him today then he makes a very attractive, very easy target for tomorrow.

Boom, TMM setting up a Kash miscuddle if he gets the bowmore vote off. I think this is scum TMM working to get the game in the bag.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I like what Kashuno has said. He didn't waste a lot of time defending himself and I like the points he's made. His reaction doesn't look scummy at all, other maybe that he is going after the people who voted him.

I'd rather ##vote SA. Sorry I was travelling most of yesterday and today but I'm here until deadline so let's chat.

Hal, how was this possibly your opinion with what Kash was doing? Please explain, because I really don't like this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I don't get the argument that it's bad to go after the people who voted for you. It gets leveled against me a lot, but I feel that since I know my own alignment I am the best judge of who I think is attacking me in bad faith. I just don't see going after the people going after you as inherently scummy.

So why would you rather vote SA over bowmore?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I don't think it's that bad either and I do the same thing. It's just also a somewhat easy tack to take because it requires less effort than analyzing something from a neutral point of view.

I'd rather vote SA because bowmore isn't playing any differently than usual. He's more a crapshoot, whereas SA looks like he's forcing stuff and avoiding any heat coming his way. I'd be ok with either really, just have more of a read on SA.

These two votes back to back are an odd combination of distracting metachat with weird setup/respond discussion that I could see being faked content in the thread by a scum team.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I don't see why we shouldn't hang bowmore when his contribution is to come back and in simply restate the position he's been holding the entire game.

I don't know what he's doing, but I don't feel like it's town behavior.

Same thing, pushing the easy miscuddle with absolutely no reason other than "look how terrible he is being." This is a really poor push.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

bowmore posted:

i'll hold my position until one of us is lynched

he made a huge effort post as soon as momentum] started to swing his way, and then nobody looked at him because he made a post, even though it was a pure "i have to do/put a bit of effort in this so i don't get lynched" post

TMMadman posted:

See, I just don't read Hal that way and feel that you're just forcing the issue and hiding behind a 'him or me' attitude.

Hal/TMM scumteam.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

So who is going to be around? We've got about an hour and forty five minutes to go.

I'm not really sure about the Kash vote. I would probably vote him because I don't think a no lynch is a good idea in this game, but if he flips town then I think one of Exakt or Quid would be scum. It's hard to think of them both as scum and acting together so openly.

I've actually been thinking that this might be right:

I was just thinking that Exakt isn't just posting a lot, she is running circles around everyone else and it's got me on edge right now. Also, some of the reactions Exakt had when I started to the question the Kash vote irked me. Stuff like this:

Just makes me feel like Exakt is trying to lead me along into a mislynch.

Again, TMM's top cuddle candidates are two flipped townies and someone who has contributions have been competely townie while he won't even consider bowmore's points on Hal. I think this is lazy scum play trying to get a fast win out by putting his eggs on all the town members and just spraying and praying.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I think at this point, I'd rather do bowmore or SA in that order. I don't buy the whole 'him or me' thing from bowmore and it feels forced and SA has just completely disappeared in a small game. Neither of them has posted any sort of real content, but bowmore is pushing an argument that doesn't read true to me.

The problem is that I don't think BOTH of them are scum together. Right now I think there one scum in these pairings: Exakt/Kash and bowmore/SA. I feeling like Quid is pretty solidly town and I like what Hal has been posting, so I'm leaning town for him right now.

And then SA out of nowhere, what? This is a mega bizarre post. Suddenly SA is on his radar as a viable candidate when he had no opinions on him before (like, literally thought EXAKT was talking about Hal being a lurker instead of SA who he had clearly mentioned before, maybe a slip?), setting up potential chaincuddles with people we now know to be town...I'm a broken record at this point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will put my vote where it needs to be to get things done, it kind of sucks that the two biggest targets aren't really responding to anything.

This attitude feels like one that's trying to look town and helpful rather than actually BEING town and helpful.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

It just feels like a set up to a mislynch, but I think we really need to hang someone.

So ##vote Kash

IRONY.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah a bad broke record and possibly scum based on all the garbage you just posted.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Killing bowmore implicates Hal because bowmore was only voting for Hal. So I think scum may have killed bowmore to set up Hal

And again, totally pushing this white knite narrative with Hal.

TMM and Hal are the scumteam, I will vote for either today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Yeah a bad broke record and possibly scum based on all the garbage you just posted.

Solid retort with great counterpoints.

I have to go pick up my girlfriend from the public transit, will be back in a while.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

And again, totally pushing this white knite narrative with Hal.

TMM and Hal are the scumteam, I will vote for either today.

Alright, town wins then.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Quidnose

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Quid, explain to me why you think Exakt is town. If you're town and Exakt is town, then why would I complain about the Kash lynch feeling bad at the end of I'm scum? I don't really need town credit since any mislynch gets me to LYLO and Kash had been kind of scummy.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Quid, explain to me why you think Exakt is town. If you're town and Exakt is town, then why would I complain about the Kash lynch feeling bad at the end of I'm scum? I don't really need town credit since any mislynch gets me to LYLO and Kash had been kind of scummy.

TMM, the scumteam is Quid and SA. We win.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Quidnose

I think I might be with you on this now Exakt after seeing all the garbage Quid just posted.

But going to hold my vote for the moment.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I can't believe that you almost got me, Quid.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I mean, I can, because I wanted to trust you :3:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am not scum and you need to unvote me right now because I swear to god I will not lose this Christmas game twice in the same goddamned year

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

I am not scum and you need to unvote me right now because I swear to god I will not lose this Christmas game twice in the same goddamned year

Sorry Quid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
(Not sorry, tho, cuz you're scum)

• Locked thread