Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I am sure that putting extra restrictions on unmelting ships will in no way cause even more work for their CS teams and back up ticket queues further with unhappy customers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Ravane posted:

It's kinda funny that X-Rebirth is still a better game than Star Citizen and much closer to what shitizens want than the actual game.

If X-Rebirth had followed the Early Access model it would have been praised, the game has improved significantly since the original release. It's certainly not X-4 but it's got more gameplay in it than Star Citizen right now.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tortolia posted:

I am sure that putting extra restrictions on unmelting ships will in no way cause even more work for their CS teams and back up ticket queues further with unhappy customers

Pretty sure the support backlog is intentional, jpg issues aren't that complicated. There's no real advantage to them in answering support calls faster, especially for refunds, a backlog is just a good excuse as it's believable that before there's a game they'd fall behind dealing with game support.

At least now we know why they paused unmelts months ago, it seemed odd then because the procedure was to have store credit on the account for the unmelt and some of that credit would have been new money. The real reason they stopped was because they wanted all the unmelts done with new money.

Citizens think there's a chance this policy will change, I dunno, CIG have planned this for months and didn't tell anyone.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Every time. loving every single time I give CIG the benefit of the doubt and go "maybe they're just really incompetent", they do poo poo like this and look like sleezy scammers again.

gently caress. :argh:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Space school bus. Space garbage truck. Space spaceway maintainence patrol vehicle.

If there are birds in SC I'd like some kind of ultralight JPEG to to follow them and to better observe their migration patterns.

Would 400$ be enough for such a JPEG?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Einbauschrank posted:

If there are birds in SC I'd like some kind of ultralight JPEG to to follow them and to better observe their migration patterns.

Would 400$ be enough for such a JPEG?

Here you go

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Libluini posted:

Every time. loving every single time I give CIG the benefit of the doubt and go "maybe they're just really incompetent", they do poo poo like this and look like sleezy scammers again.

gently caress. :argh:

If it looks like a sleezy scam, and acts like a sleezy scam, it's probably Star Citizen.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bait and Swatch posted:

Bwahahaha. Is that article accurate about what's in elite dangerous? It has everything these idiots want and instead they bash it while throwing money at vaporware hoping the mist with transform and kinda look like the virgin mary at some point so they can pray to it

No idea, but coming from a website literally named space.com must burn.

And loving lol at CIG rear end loving its customers again as they continually try to mine the well for more money. And there are still people who will let CIG poo poo in their mouths and then tell them it tastes good. Sorry, if you are that stupid and deluded to constantly let a company gently caress you over so blatantly, you deserve what you are going to get.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
It amazing when you stop to think about it, CIG figured out a way to get people to pay for the same jpg twice and the 2nd time they won't even take store credit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you refund havers want to play a fun game that is pretty ambitious but a GOOD MODEL for early access

buy Clockwork Empires

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3503803

its basically a 3D version of Dwarf Fortress

one of the devs is a goon and posts on SA a lot (Nvining), they are also the ones that did Dungeons of Dredmor

anyway its a pretty solid little game and it becomes more Dwarf Fortressy all the time

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dapper Dan posted:

No idea, but coming from a website literally named space.com must burn.

And loving lol at CIG rear end loving its customers again as they continually try to mine the well for more money. And there are still people who will let CIG poo poo in their mouths and then tell them it tastes good. Sorry, if you are that stupid and deluded to constantly let a company gently caress you over so blatantly, you deserve what you are going to get.

That space.com article made me want to buy Elite.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Store credit will be allowed*

*In next build**

**2 weeks.

There's a certain genius to the deception going on at this point, nobody thought during the design to allow store credit, on the store. :gary:

Anyone who actually believes that is an idiot, considering the system this was brought in to replace only used store credit.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bait and Swatch posted:

Bwahahaha. Is that article accurate about what's in elite dangerous? It has everything these idiots want and instead they bash it while throwing money at vaporware hoping the mist with transform and kinda look like the virgin mary at some point so they can pray to it

it doesn't have $5000 real-money autism chariots that they can roam around shooting peons with but also never dying because them dying in would be griefing

TigerBomb
Sep 25, 2007

illectro posted:

If X-Rebirth had followed the Early Access model it would have been praised, the game has improved significantly since the original release. It's certainly not X-4 but it's got more gameplay in it than Star Citizen right now.

I keep hearing zis. I was burnt by X-Rebirth, buying it on blind faith and getting nothink but bitter ashes.

Why should I believe you?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

AP posted:

*In next build**

**2 weeks.

There's a certain genius to the deception going on at this point, nobody thought during the design to allow store credit, on the store. :gary:

Anyone who actually believes that is an idiot, considering the system this was brought in to replace only used store credit.

"Sorry, we just didn't think about it. Even though all the current systems allow it. Even though we would have had to explicitly turn it off with the new system. Just, uh, slipped our minds."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Imperium still trolling the forums.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm laughing at how they decided to launch that buyback thing without that system in place, and only are adding it in after people got mad about it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its honestly exactly how CIG does business

they roll out a system, working or not and then fix poo poo later (2 weeks later)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Star Citizen: You can unmelt ships now, but you still can not unmelt your self respect.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

AP posted:

*In next build**

**2 weeks.

Someone post the Ben quote where he said that any kind of restrictions on packages would amount to DLC or w/e and they would never do something like that

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

AP posted:

*In next build**

**2 weeks.

Bullshit fatman, they wanted to mine the well and now are getting bitched at for it. You're going to hang onto the system as long as possible, see how much money it gets you. If its getting you something, it'll never be fixed or indefinitely delayed. If it is more trouble than its worth, then you'll revert it back.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

That space.com article made me want to buy Elite.

Same here. Its also :laffo: that they think their system will be an 'Elite Killer' when Elite's will be much more refined by the time they even get to roll theirs out.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm laughing at how they decided to launch that buyback thing without that system in place, and only are adding it in after people got mad about it.

They'll maybe never put the new system in, think of the money they'll make for the months of unmelts they haven't actioned. You can get your special jpg back, you just have to pay more, what do you think Citizen's are going to do?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone post the pic of ben talking about how they'd have to charge for database changes because of schmeg building up in the database

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

someone post the pic of ben talking about how they'd have to charge for database changes because of schmeg building up in the database

this is a real thing that was said

by the way

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lol how much loving creative thinking does it take to code in a button that uses store credits, yeah loving right, it's obvious they fully intended on fleecing people and are only backpedaling because they saw the enormous pushback on places like Reddit and now have to completely rethink how they are going to go about this while still being able to collect money. It's never about customer service for them.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

illectro posted:

Bwahaha, I'll only believe this if X-Rebirth finally allows players to change ships. Are you still confined to that stupid ugly thing you get in the beginning? Only if the answer is not yes will I be interested in the slightest.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

2.1 Notes

Hangar Module

Ships
The AEGIS Sabre is now hangar-ready!
The new MISC Freelancer (base) model is is now available in the Hangar!

Environment
A new lighting pass for Revel and York has begun.

Fixes:

Environment
Fixed an issue with texture conflicts in the left and right expansion bays of Selfland.
Fixed an issue where some untextured items would appear on the reflections inside the VFG Industrial Hangar.
Fixed an issue where there was a faint pink-purple tinge in the VFG Industrial Hangar lighting.

Technical
Fixed an issue where having all Constellation variants in the hangar at once would cause severe streaming issues.

User Interface
Fixed an issue where the ladders in the VFG Industrial had no use prompts to descend them.

Arena Commander Module:

Additions:

Gameplay
Pilots can no longer exit ships in Arena Commander.
Except for Free Flight mode, where pilots and crew can still exit their ships and EVA freely.

Fixes

Gameplay
Fixed an issue where decoupled mode could be activated while in Cruise mode.
Fixed an issue where ship attachments (weapons and components) would not behave correctly when the ship was destroyed.
Fixed an issue where the Battle Royale game mode would sometimes not end.
Fixed an issue where players could get kicked from Vanduul Swarm for being idle while waiting to respawn.
Fixed an issue where ejecting during self-destruct would allow players to bypass the respawn penalty.

Ships
Fixed an issue where the self-destruct of a ship would be canceled after ejecting or exiting the pilot chair.
Fixed an issue where the P-52 Merlin could not respawn in Race mode.
Fixed an issue where multiple ships had broken or incorrect damage states in multiplayer game mode.

User Interface
Fixed an issue where Vanduul ships weapons were not being displayed in the OVR HUD.
Fixed an issue where ship holograms were not displaying sections of the ship.

Social Module:

Additions:

Gameplay
The first iteration of our new physicalized EVA system is in place.
Two new sliders have been added to the audio option menu.
“Dynamic Range” and “Ship Computer Speech Volume”.

Ship
The MISC Freelancer (base) is now flyable in Crusader.

Environment
Added an “aim” pose for characters that are prone.

User Interface
Both the Hangar Elevator and the Main Menu “Universes” UI now allows users to select instances (either best available or instances with friends/contacts) after they have selected the location.

Balance/Tweaks:

Gameplay
Mobiglas animations have been streamlined to make the process of accessing missions faster.

Character
Crouch animations and related locomotion have received some tweaks.
The animations for “Idle to Movement” and “Movement to Idle” while holding a pistol have been tweaked.
Some minor changes to how stop, starts, footsteps and running are animated.
Run/walk animations have received tweaks.

Technical
Several performance improvements for Crusader have been made.
The Port Olisar ship selector console has received some performance improvements.

Fixes:
Gameplay
Fixed an issue where weapons were not brought back up after MobiGlas had been toggled off.
Fixed an issue where aim-down-sight did not persist when transitioning to and from prone.
Fixed an issue where QT could not be activated once a character had passed the “edge of universe boundary”.
Fixed an issue where players could get back into a ship after ejecting, despite the canopy having been destroyed.
Fixed an issue where players could activate the ship self-destruct while in the green zone.
Fixed an issue where pilots would not receive a collision warning for certain objects and stations in Crusader.
Fixed an issue where ships that had self-on or near landing pads would not despawn and thus render the landing pad useless.
Fixed an issue where it was possible to get the Port Olisar airlocks stuck in a permanent cycle state.

Character
Fixed an issue where activating aim down sight would not correctly override sprint when the player had a weapon out.

Ship

Fixed an issue where the landing gear for the Retaliator Bomber was missing collision.
Fixed an issue where the Vanduul Scythe cockpit would shoot forward when the ship is destroyed.
Fixed an issue where decoupled mode could be used in Cruise mode.
Fixed an issue where interacting with the Constellation Andromeda side airlocks would catapult players out into space.

Environment
Fixed a typo on the construction sign for the ArcCorp Galleria, so it now correctly lists “2946” as the completion date.
Fixed an issue with railing collision in various areas of ArcCorp.
Fixed an issue where audio elements from the ship-terminals at Port Olisar would abruptly cut off as a character interacted with it.
Fixed an issue where the scroll bar in the Contacts List (“F11”) was very difficult to see.

Equipment

Fixed an issue where weapons would pop into place during select/deselect animations rather then happening smoothly.
Fixed an issue where the “Use” prompt for pick-ups (such as guns) would show up through walls.
Fixed an issue with the P4-AR Ballistic Rifle, where it added a camera jerk when shifting fire modes.

Technical
Fixed an issue where motion blur would be much more drastic on faster machines.
Fixed several server-side crashes.
Fixed some of the server and performance issues that were occurring when there were many AI ships active simultaneously.
Fixed an issue where joining instances via the “Contacts In Instance” function was frequently timing out.

User Interface
Fixed an issue where “Contacts in instance” was very difficult to read on the Elevator terminal UI.
Fixed an issue where the party list would disappear for the leader when there are more then 2 members of the party.
Fixed an issue where “Contacts In Instance” wouldn’t appear on the Hangar Elevator until the user had entered and exited a instance.
Fixed an issue where the text entry field for contacts had to be cleared by clicking “X” each time.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Amarcarts posted:

Chris: [intercepted radio message] I watched a whale crawl along the edge of a razer keyboard. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Mocapping, scamming, along the edge of a razer keyboard... and parping.

The aurora, the aurora...

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the cash grabs the past couple weeks have been sickening.

I'm reminded of three weeks ago, when Lesnick apologized about the words "PLAYABLE NOW" and claimed it was an honest mistake, but never got around to changing the wording in the trailer or their own youtube channel.

The idea that there isn't a straight forward way to add store credit to the website is just as ridiculous. Deploying these tactics paired with the recent rejection of refunds really puts some substance behind the idea that they are getting desperate for money.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Was this unmelting thing what Derek kept telling us to wait for?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ShredsYouSay posted:

Was this unmelting thing what Derek kept telling us to wait for?

No I think that's when the RSI website disappears at 4am one morning, never to return.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the cash grabs the past couple weeks have been sickening.

I'm reminded of three weeks ago, when Lesnick apologized about the words "PLAYABLE NOW" and claimed it was an honest mistake, but never got around to changing the wording in the trailer or their own youtube channel.

The idea that there isn't a straight forward way to add store credit to the website is just as ridiculous. Deploying these tactics paired with the recent rejection of refunds really puts some substance behind the idea that they are getting desperate for money.

Yeah, I wouldn't have believed it, but they are seemingly getting pretty desperate. I wouldn't discount the rumor that they are looking for an investor. I don't think a publisher would touch them unless they had similar, maybe even harsher terms than Microsoft and Freelancer (IE: Chris and Sandi completely removed from any sort of positions of power) and they got bought out for cheap, especially if progress looked like poo poo.

And lol if the backers think that for a single moment Chris gives a hot gently caress about what he promised he wouldn't do. All he gives a poo poo about is his magnum opus at this point, and I wouldn't be surprised if all remaining funds were going to finish that while a skeleton crew was left fixing the modules and poo poo.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Amarcarts posted:

Chris: [intercepted radio message] I watched a whale crawl along the edge of a razer keyboard. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Mocapping, scamming, along the edge of a razer keyboard... and parping.

You smell that? Do you smell that? Backer money, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of backer money in the morning. You know, one time we had a limited sale on Idrises going on, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I logged in. They didn't leave any one of 'em, not one stinking fat whale. The smell, you know that money smell, the whole sale. Smelled like . . . victory. Someday this scam's gonna end.

You don't need to change a line if Lesnick is the photojournalist.

The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad. Oh, yeah. He's dying, I think. He hates all this. He hates it! But the man's a... He reads poetry out loud, all right? And a voice... He likes you because you're still alive. He's got plans for you. No, I'm not gonna help you. You're gonna help him, man. You're gonna help him. I mean, what are they gonna say when he's gone? 'Cause he dies when it dies, when it dies, he dies! What are they gonna say about him? He was a kind man? He was a wise man? He had plans? He had wisdom? Bullshit, man! And am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me! Look at me! Wrong! [points to Disco Lando] You!

ShredsYouSay fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 19, 2015

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You know, thinking about it, Rob and a few others in the team could do a bunk and disappear easily to some south american beach with all the cash.
If they lost the weight, no one would recognize them.
Sandy would be hosed though, unless she adds 20 stone to deform her face.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Did anyone see the Disco Lando produced 'advert' that was shown before the RTV stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/30598087?t=33m54s

This is how they spend their time.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

fuctifino posted:

Did anyone see the Disco Lando produced 'advert' that was shown before the RTV stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/30598087?t=33m54s

This is how they spend their time.

This is ancient, afaik from his time before working for CIG. But I might be wrong.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I hope they hire Wulf.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Iglocska posted:

This is ancient, afaik from his time before working for CIG. But I might be wrong.

And there was me hoping it was some kind of internal test sandbox at CiG... lol.

It was new to me and assumed it was freshly produced.

AP posted:

I hope they hire Wulf.

He'd have to shave his wulge, then have it mocapped.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

I hope they hire Wulf.

I don't. No amount of funny is worth hearing one day, from an ex-CIG woman employee, that he harassed or tried to get fresh with her and have the loving CIG White Knight brigade harass her 'lying'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

phosdex posted:

Welp just over 6 weeks they finally replied and denied my refund. Pretty much the exact same as the previous image that was posted.

This what happens when CIG's ToS expired and Derek's lawsuit is nowhere to be seen.

CIG got balls to deny refunds now

• Locked thread