Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

TMMadman posted:

I absolutely would have breadcrumbed something to back up any eventual claim.

Well, I absolutely thought it was a waste of time, so I didn't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Exakt, do you think there is any chance of a Quid/Hal scum team? I know that Quid started this day pointing at me and Hal, but in the end he came down on me. Do you think that he could have been distancing/busing Hal a bit there?

I'm sure I'm going to get looked at funny because I didn't hammer Quid twice, but I felt I was being prudent since I still had suspicions about you as well.

No. Why would Quid case a scumbuddy when I am town and saying that I believe him? All Quid needs as scum is for me to vote Hal, then SA can come in and hammer.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
This is the same line of reasoning that clears you in my mind, TMM.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

I did it, cuz I'm the cop and wanted to back up my claim when I finally had to do it. I didn't want to claim in case I could stretch it out and confirm SA as scum tonight.

Please tell me your reasoning for doing a gotcha on me instead of just announcing the information. Were you going to, like, convince yourself I wasn't scum if my analysis had been more to your liking?

I'm seriously endlessly curious as to what the town motivation for doing what you did was.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

Please tell me your reasoning for doing a gotcha on me instead of just announcing the information. Were you going to, like, convince yourself I wasn't scum if my analysis had been more to your liking?

I'm seriously endlessly curious as to what the town motivation for doing what you did was.

No, then I would have claimed a result and gotten you killed. However, I figured that by telling you I thought you were town, I could get you to case the remaining townies and therefore out your scumbuddy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am so mad I didn't claim because I did not think scum would loving do this with it being too much of a risk and I should have known bette rakfnakgaklgjaklntgaga

You have no idea how mad I am at myself right now that all of this is going to lose us the loving game FOR THE GODDAMNED SECOND TIME IN A ROW

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
No way is Quid cop. At -1 in LYLO, any cop who doesn't claim is basically gamethrowing.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also my role PM says I'm the cop and there can't be two.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I wanted to loving get another night, was pissed that I was getting voted out based on ACTUAL GODDAMNED CASEWORk, and at the end of the day I guess I'm a really lovely cop so loving sue me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Literally gently caress this, you win, EXAKT, well played. You made the ballsy play and I literally hosed the pooch because whatever. I'm done.

##vote Quidnose gg scum

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

I wanted to loving get another night, was pissed that I was getting voted out based on ACTUAL GODDAMNED CASEWORk, and at the end of the day I guess I'm a really lovely cop so loving sue me

Quid your emotional appeals are really good.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hal/TMM, you ready to hammer yet?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

No, then I would have claimed a result and gotten you killed. However, I figured that by telling you I thought you were town, I could get you to case the remaining townies and therefore out your scumbuddy.

And honestly, even then it still isn't foolproof because there is still the slight chance that he'd bus a scumbuddy.

I actually think knowing a town member is the better option because that means town has a confirmed townie for the next day.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

And honestly, even then it still isn't foolproof because there is still the slight chance that he'd bus a scumbuddy.

I actually think knowing a town member is the better option because that means town has a confirmed townie for the next day.

Yeah I wanted to confirm his as town, but he wasn't so I couldn't.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Quid your emotional appeals are really good.

They are, but,

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quid seems solid to me right now, although usually you need to put some pressure on him to work out if he's scum or not.

is proven to be true.

If only you had breadcrumbs quid!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Agreed, that's how I usually play it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

In the circumstance where I'm here, claiming to be ready to vote with him, and he has a scumbuddy waiting in the wings to hammer, I don't think he's bussing either of you. Look at the way Quid totally skirts around saying anything about SA, and you'll know it to be true.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I am so mad I didn't claim because I did not think scum would loving do this with it being too much of a risk and I should have known bette rakfnakgaklgjaklntgaga

You have no idea how mad I am at myself right now that all of this is going to lose us the loving game FOR THE GODDAMNED SECOND TIME IN A ROW

Just curious but why wouldn't you think scum would claim cop on D2? This game can only go to D3 at most, so I think scum would naturally make the claim at some point because all they need to do is get a single mislynch to win the game.

Claiming first is always going to be better, even more so when if you are the one getting attacked.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Just curious but why wouldn't you think scum would claim cop on D2? This game can only go to D3 at most, so I think scum would naturally make the claim at some point because all they need to do is get a single mislynch to win the game.

Claiming first is always going to be better, even more so when if you are the one getting attacked.

Absolutely. I have won multiple small games with open setups like this by claiming cop out of the gate on LYLO. That's what has me the slightest bit hesitant, but Quid's counter is so weak I just can't buy it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

They are, but,

is proven to be true.

If only you had breadcrumbs quid!

Why aren't you hammering me, Hal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Honestly as much as I think breadcrumbs are stupid and worthless I just don't see EXAKT setting all that up from the outset.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I really want SA to post! I don't want the dream to die.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also it's Friday night and all I have going on in my life is this game of mafia I don't want the day to end

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Because I didn't get a scum result, wanted another day, and felt my casework stood by itself since I wasn't loving faking it and therefore everyone would clearly see that EXAKT was talking out of her rear end? I didn't anticipate her jumping down my throat about the person I loving investigated and didn't case since I was grounding my casework in the end of the day, as I have goddamned said, and I also didn't anticipate everyone buying a "I have a case on you for reasons" thing. I suspected she might be trying to float a cop claim but didn't think she would actually do it because she had no confirmation I was the cop without a rolecop, but she did it and it worked, because the game is going to end as soon as on of you guys hammers.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

He's town, I investigated him last night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Absolutely. I have won multiple small games with open setups like this by claiming cop out of the gate on LYLO. That's what has me the slightest bit hesitant, but Quid's counter is so weak I just can't buy it.

That's what I'm having trouble with as well.

I mean I get not claiming immediately in his first post, but I think if I'm the town cop and I have a town result on lurker might not be voting quickly I would claim fairly quickly.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like I said I don't play cop very often so I guess I suck at doing what I am supposed to do at the right time and when I was asked to do some actual loving case work I did it and thought it stood on it's own because I know my casework as town is solid, I know how I play. And then I got caught in a gotcha so gently caress it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also it's Friday night and all I have going on in my life is this game of mafia I don't want the day to end

Remember, Hal, the nights are open in this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

That's what I'm having trouble with as well.

I mean I get not claiming immediately in his first post, but I think if I'm the town cop and I have a town result on lurker might not be voting quickly I would claim fairly quickly.

What does this even mean?

I know most of the people in this game don't abide lurker cuddles so I was banking on dealing with it later if I needed to and then the gotcha happened.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

So eager to win.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

God bless opop

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Because I didn't get a scum result, wanted another day, and felt my casework stood by itself since I wasn't loving faking it and therefore everyone would clearly see that EXAKT was talking out of her rear end? I didn't anticipate her jumping down my throat about the person I loving investigated and didn't case since I was grounding my casework in the end of the day, as I have goddamned said, and I also didn't anticipate everyone buying a "I have a case on you for reasons" thing. I suspected she might be trying to float a cop claim but didn't think she would actually do it because she had no confirmation I was the cop without a rolecop, but she did it and it worked, because the game is going to end as soon as on of you guys hammers.

But how was Exakt talking out of her rear end when you started the day by casing me and Hal?

It wasn't until you revealed your scum picks that she started to go after you. And since you came down on me, why wouldn't a scum Exakt just jump on and get a quick hammer with an active Hal?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

What does this even mean?

I know most of the people in this game don't abide lurker cuddles so I was banking on dealing with it later if I needed to and then the gotcha happened.

It means that if I'm the town cop and I have a town result on someone who doesn't seem to be voting or playing, then I want the town to know that almost immediately because it means I can't count on the lurkers support. Especially at LYLO.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

But how was Exakt talking out of her rear end when you started the day by casing me and Hal?

It wasn't until you revealed your scum picks that she started to go after you. And since you came down on me, why wouldn't a scum Exakt just jump on and get a quick hammer with an active Hal?

Because maybe you're scum with her still? I don't know what the deal is. I know I have a town result on SA and that's it. I don't know why anyone else is doing anything else.

I'm not really even understanding what you're saying but I'm kinda done at this point. Plenty of time to talk about it postgame.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Why are you voting yourself??

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Quid is scum. Vote Quid for great justice.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Because maybe you're scum with her still? I don't know what the deal is. I know I have a town result on SA and that's it. I don't know why anyone else is doing anything else.

I'm not really even understanding what you're saying but I'm kinda done at this point. Plenty of time to talk about it postgame.

The only possible combo to you should be EXAKT and SA or else the game would be over.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Quid

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't know why I didn't see that sooner, Quid boxed himself in by voting himself and claiming SA was town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
:redhammer:

• Locked thread