Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

:laffo:

Someone posts criticizing the SC community and the only comment (at the time) is "don't you have any better way to spend your time?"

Ben posts a 1000 word essay regarding a ban and "I'm glad you got to the bottom of this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks, Ben

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol remember when Ben suggested Chris Roberts play Alpha 2.0 live

lmaoooooooo

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Thanks Ben, for helping the Star Citizen community become a toxic cesspool.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

be sure to post the best of the best hatemail itt.

So far it's been shockingly quiet. But for sure will. We don't aim to piss off, just trying educate.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So far it's been shockingly quiet. But for sure will. We don't aim to piss off, just trying educate.
Hopefully someone will link the article in r/starcitizen or the RSI forums. I'm sure the results would be glorious.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lately it looks like CIG can roast Ben as a scapegoat for everything to last another season.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Mirificus posted:

Hopefully someone will link the article in r/starcitizen or the RSI forums. I'm sure the results would be glorious.

I'm thinking of writing a review of 2.0, or what little I've been at to play. Something along the lines of a the good/the bad/and the ugly review.

"I awoke on what appeared to be a space station. A used container of Chinese food and what appeared to be space port strewn out next to the bed. Something told me the backers would find this entire scene amazingly immersive. As if many a nights had ended this exact way, minus the being in space bit of course. I checked the lockers in my room half expecting to find a furry space suit, but alas there was nothing. Guess some levels of immersion are still being tweaked."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its going to be awesome when Ben gets fired by his idol

hopefully it will bring about a bit of self awareness, but probably not

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

That's a really good read - I've not heard of the site before, anyone know how popular it is?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

At this point, as sad as it is to say, nothing short of a total shutdown of production would wake them up. Even then you'd still have hanger ons. Just look at the never be game over folks regarding Metal Gear. Even after Kojima has left Konami they're holding on. Some people just can't let a dream die.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
as someone who has admittedly cared way too much about games - repeatedly - in the past,

i suspect the fantasy the citizens live in is something they cling to more than life itself.

lest it suddenly dissapear

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

D_Smart posted:

Shiticizens are trying to come to grips with the fact that, after the procedural generated planets #FAIL, they're still the laughing stock of the gaming community since they're being shafted in broad daylight and in glorious UHD

...then there's this: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/
Wow @ that part about Ben outing the guy on reddit. Must have wasted an entire work day writing it.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Eonwe posted:

If that happens I will need to re-reg on their forums to respond to every single mod announcement with "Thanks Ben!"

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
these people are basically our dystopian cyberpunk present's version of the fictional people plugged into computers simulating drugs 24/7

'hey, i know, theres a bunch of lardasses our age with decent jobs who wish they could just tune out... and be a space captain in a whole 'nother universe. because they're pathetic. why don't we take advantage of their cushy white collar paychecks?'

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Citizen#Development

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Chalks posted:

That's a really good read - I've not heard of the site before, anyone know how popular it is?

Well as a co-creator and writer of the site let me tell you: not that popular. Lol. We just do it because it's something we love, gaming, comics, board games, etc.

We made enemies (I guess you could say) of the cultists awhile back as we call it how we see it and they don't like that. V wrote an amazing tear down of the infamous letter and I was writing a series in the history of the game, but after getting restlessly poo poo on I took a step back. Just quit giving a poo poo about the whole SC thing for a bit - hence the lack of post here. Today that changed.

We're not journalist. We're opinionated as gently caress and we just talk about what we want. Some like it, some don't. More importantly we answer to no one but ourselves. And we have no qualms about passing some people off with the truth.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 19, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

We're not journalist. We're opinionated as gently caress and we just talk about what we want. Some like it, some don't.

looking forward to more amazing teardowns

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Started development in 2011? Stop spreading FUD, development of Star Citizen actually only began this year.

Nice try Mr Smart, go troll somewhere else. :smug:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Dirty Hairy posted:

That's actually not true. The window looks narrow, but we also don't sit like four feet back from it. See and avoid is still the name of the game below 18,000 and in visual meteorological conditions.

I stand corrected, but could we say that visibility, while not something that is ignored, is not the prime concern of commercial airliner cockpit design ? My bet would be that readability and accessibility of all the avionics sit much higher on the design goal list.

Lest play a game : What would you do with 4ft of dash space ?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

You can try to teach them basic physics, but then peace in the middle east within this century might be a more accessible goal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Well as a co-creator and writer of the site let me tell you: not that popular. Lol. We just do it because it's something we love, gaming, comics, board games, etc.

We made enemies (I guess you could say) of the cultists awhile back as we call it how we see it and they don't like that. V wrote an amazing tear down of the infamous letter and I was writing a series in the history of the game, but after getting restlessly poo poo on I took a step back. Just quit giving a poo poo about the whole SC thing for a bit - hence the lack of post here. Today that changed.

We're not journalist. We're opinionated as gently caress and we just talk about what we want. Some like it, some don't. More importantly we answer to no one but ourselves. And we have no qualms about passing some people off with the truth.

What I have read has been of general high quality, so please continue. One thing she forgot to mention (or may not know) is that CIG never says how many backers they actually have. They say how many accounts are on RSI, and they say how many ships are bought, but not how many people have actually paid to back SC.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Jon Do posted:

looking forward to more amazing teardowns

Well thank you. We also did a podcast awhile back, appropriately entitled Losers, where we drunkenly express our "love" for all things star citizen. Though not sure how relevant it is now with 2.0 finally creeping it's way out of Sandis sludge box.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

aleksendr posted:

I stand corrected, but could we say that visibility, while not something that is ignored, is not the prime concern of commercial airliner cockpit design ? My bet would be that readability and accessibility of all the avionics sit much higher on the design goal list.

Lest play a game : What would you do with 4ft of dash space ?

Store dozens of aviators, obviously :D

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well, refund request sent, gently caress this noise.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
So is there a some sort of effort post that explains everything about the Star Citizen situation? Was never a backer or followed the game and have only heard a steady ramping up of oneoff comments from people about the situation. The OP doesn't actually explain much.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Reddit: Is The Star Citizen Community Souring The Game?

One time? :rolleyes:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What I have read has been of general high quality, so please continue. One thing she forgot to mention (or may not know) is that CIG never says how many backers they actually have. They say how many accounts are on RSI, and they say how many ships are bought, but not how many people have actually paid to back SC.

Thank you, sincerely. Usually were being called talentless assclowns or something similarly unoriginal. I'm not sure if she knows that or not actually. I think she's editing it right now to make sure it reflects that reality. So thank you for that info.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 19, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Same

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

:gary:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I can't play at all pretty much as it's so loving dull - when it's not boring as gently caress it's broken.
The only fun I had was making vids and suspiciously video capture software running stops the game loading :lol: so gently caress this :v:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Happens "one time" and also "happens every day". Typical reddit doublethink or just stupidity?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Schizotek posted:

So is there a some sort of effort post that explains everything about the Star Citizen situation? Was never a backer or followed the game and have only heard a steady ramping up of oneoff comments from people about the situation. The OP doesn't actually explain much.

I don't really ever post my own poo poo, but here's an article I wrote awhile back about the start of the game, Chris Roberts, and where it was going if this helps: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/09/29/star-citizen-a-war-in-space-currently-being-wage-across-the-internet/

Also this, the pt 2: http://www.informationredux.com/ind...e-conversation/

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Usually were being called talentless assume clowns or something similarly unoriginal.

Allow me to also offer you and your co-writer praise on a fun and informative site. If you want followup articles, perhaps track the progress of PGabz's refund request...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

KiddieGrinder posted:

Happens "one time" and also "happens every day". Typical reddit doublethink or just stupidity?

They are judging it by their own standards of even a stopped clock being right twice a day :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Loxbourne posted:

Allow me to also offer you and your co-writer praise on a fun and informative site. If you want followup articles, perhaps track the progress of PGabz's refund request...

I don't expect anything to happen, but if this is the last first hand laugh I can get out of these idiots then I am up for bugging them for a bit.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

I don't expect anything to happen, but if this is the last first hand laugh I can get out of these idiots then I am up for bugging them for a bit.

If you don't hear anything you should make a thread on reddit about how your polite refund request is getting ignored to see if you can get a 20 page effort post from :lesnick: since he apparently has nothing better to do with his time.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Loxbourne posted:

This is actually a really good idea. I mean for those that haven't bought into the game it would be nice to show them what efforts must be taken, and where they will lead, should one invest and then decide to pull out. I imagine there are plenty of people out there that are weary of getting involved due to the possibility of not being able to get a refund should things go south. Also it would just be drat hilarious to post their increasingly "gently caress you" responses regarding refunds.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I quite enjoyed the article. It did a great job of capturing how CIG has been stifling dissent. As Beer said, please continue to write more about Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chalks posted:

If you don't hear anything you should make a thread on reddit about how your polite refund request is getting ignored to see if you can get a 20 page effort post from :lesnick: since he apparently has nothing better to do with his time.

I'll certainly give it a go, could be fun

• Locked thread