Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Okay, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:chloe:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SA moderator sees video of man licking cherry, immediately posts picture of small child.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
mods knew

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Libluini posted:

Another weird thing from the modding forum:

This guy should be payed by CIG.

Someone not only modelled a new ship for a future mod, he also wrote a complete brochure explaining what the ship does in detail. He also invents 1-2 gameplay mechanics I'm sure Chris Roberts doesn't know about yet.

This guy is basically all what is wrong with CIG in miniature format, minus the pay for his work. (And the obscene pricetag. Of course as modder he can't just demand 2k $ for his "product". :v:)

You can say whatever you want about the madness of producing brochures for things that dont exists in a game that is so far limited to a tech demo but by the Buddha, the cockpit on this trash hauler actually look serviceable.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

FactsAreUseless posted:

SA moderator sees video of man licking cherry, immediately posts picture of small child.

Would it have been better if it was the other way around?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Well the cultists sure are pissed off today. Figured they'd still be riding that news van high.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

aleksendr posted:

You can say whatever you want about the madness of producing brochures for things that dont exists in a game that is so far limited to a tech demo but by the Buddha, the cockpit on this trash hauler actually look serviceable.

That ship has a strange quality to it, like it's made out of cast iron or something?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Well the cultists sure are pissed off today. Figured they'd still be riding that news van high.

:justpost:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Go on... :allears:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

What are they angry about?
I know you tried to bring it up before and it got drowned out by silliness.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Just the comments at the bottom of the article. They have been arguing among themselves for a bit now. I wonder if they know that going to an article about their community being toxic and writing toxic comments only goes on to prove the point? Honestly are they that self aware?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Tippis posted:

What are they angry about?
I know you tried to bring it up before and it got drowned out by silliness.

Just something my wonderful partner in crime wrote up earlier about the community surrounding Star Citizen. I don't like posting links to our site generally, as it seems a bi pretentious, but here you go: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/

Also the comments are worth a laugh.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Meh, that's a pretty good ship concept. He's got solid gameplay behind it and a cool niche to fill, kinda the opposite of NEWS VAN. I'd play that ship in a competent and complete space MMO.

Too bad there's none of those around.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

That ship has a strange quality to it, like it's made out of cast iron or something?

Its kinda like the Eagle of Cosmos 1999. Simple, utilitarian design you would expect from an eastern Europe firm. A place used to produce farm tractors that suddenly get told one morning that they are now doing spaceships by order of the economic planing bureau.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Just something my wonderful partner in crime wrote up earlier about the community surrounding Star Citizen. I don't like posting links to our site generally, as it seems a bi pretentious, but here you go: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/

Also the comments are worth a laugh.

Oh that. I thought they had finally figured out (yet another) instance of CIG not living up to their dreams. If it's just them being persecuted by the whole internet, then that's no different from every other day.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

My favorite comment so far.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!
CiG has some new competition

e: paste fail

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Always wanted to be a journalist, glad to know that this was all it took.

And Steve Bently clearly keeps his poo poo real

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Why people get mad about someone criticizing the video games they like I have absolutely no idea.

"You said mean things about something I like! I'm going to take time out of my life to register an account here and write a post up telling you how DUMB you are! Hahahaha you're going to be so pwned!"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Rajafa Mitswuey gets everywhere to do with SC.
Have these people not got better things to be doi...
Ah

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

You were so owned when he used an adblocker.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

:patriot:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

CiG has no competition

Or so I've been told by their forums over and over and over and over

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
And over again

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You were so owned when he used an adblocker.

I'm still trying to figure out the monetary ramification of that move. I don't know how I'm going to afford my rent let alone keep the site up now. drat him and his dirty ad blocking software!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bait and Swatch posted:

And over again

It's true, they've totally cornered the 'no game / give us thousands of dollars' market

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I'm still trying to figure out the monetary ramification of that move. I don't know how I'm going to afford my rent let alone keep the site up now. drat him and his dirty ad blocking software!

I clicked one of your ads twice to teach that motherfucker a lesson

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Sure does.

https://swgreborn.com/

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

peter gabriel posted:

Lmao

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Agreed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Only Star Citizens think that being passive-aggressive is a good personality trait.

It is fostered by people like Ben writing tomes over minor moderation decisions, and Roberts spending all day rebuffing an article critical of corporate culture and threatening legal action. They are the people who berate service workers who mess up their burger order, or that the checkout line is taking too long. It's 'objectively true', but you come off as a terrible human being. Instead of addressing the core issue being presented, they rather criticise the people who are making them upset.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Ah, taking a leaf out of the SC playbook by hate-ad-supporting as a variation of their hate-pledging.
Very clever. :golfclap:

e: speling r gud

Tippis fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 20, 2015

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

D_Smart posted:

oooooh, I totally see what you did there.

Derek, you validated me!

Now that we're buds, can you add this to the OP? If not for me, then for lowtax, its p. Funny is all

http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/completely-libelous-review/1/

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

This made me legitly lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seems reasonable.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

dota 2 has almost a 1 million people playing at peak, star citizen has a million accounts. this obviously makes them the same size :psyduck:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No matter where you go, the backer salt is real and hype.

Thanks for the writeup inforedux peeps.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

That's not how you teach someone a lesson, you gibbon. Take a page from the star shitizen book. Uncle Smart says something nasty about Crobbits and his ponzi game, shitizens spite spend another $1,000 on jpegs. Get out your goddamned checkbook and send this man 1,000 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Just the comments at the bottom of the article. They have been arguing among themselves for a bit now. I wonder if they know that going to an article about their community being toxic and writing toxic comments only goes on to prove the point? Honestly are they that self aware?

Oh man that's priceless. Are you serious? You can't be serious. You're serious, aren't you?

• Locked thread