Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Bait and Swatch posted:

Derek, you validated me!

Now that we're buds, can you add this to the OP? If not for me, then for lowtax, its p. Funny is all

http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/completely-libelous-review/1/

i never got that

plz explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

This guy just keeps on giving.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Oh believe me I have sadly come to the conclusion on that answer long ago. But there's still that hope i have that maybe, just maybe at least one of them will start to become self conscious. I know, I know, it's a lofty goal. But you have to dream right?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Last but not least. Snazzy Turtle clearly has some things to say. Ironically I have pondered this very same thing about the cultist and their insane ramblings.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Thanks to the Star Citizen thread I now own a copy of a fun space game, Elite Dangerous. Thanks Star Citizen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Oh believe me I have sadly come to the conclusion on that answer long ago. But there's still that hope i have that maybe, just maybe at least one of them will start to become self conscious. I know, I know, it's a lofty goal. But you have to dream right?

Dream of how much attention your website is getting. Dream of all those idiots proving your point and bringing even more validity to Vanessa's argument with every post. Those are the dreams you should have.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

i never got that

plz explain

Back in 04 Derek was known for suing people all over the place, so Lowtax wrote a hilarious review of his game to make Derek sue him

Derek sent an angry email to lowtax with his lawyers CCd so I want to see if he is still upset

Equal opportunity grieving

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
The Year 2019:

Sandi divorces Chris to get half the backer money and leaves. In order to avoid the backer's unrest, Chris gets a sex change and pulls a Caitlyn Jenner "Call me Christine!" He garners the attention of SJWs on Tumblr, so when the whales come knocking, a war between tumblr and shitizens breaks out and the word gamergate is thrown around without anyone really understanding what it means. And everyone forgets about Christine Roberts and Star Shitizen, because the new expansion releases for Elite, Elite: Citizen Star, and everyone is pondering the meaning of Paaaarpbud.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dream of how much attention your website is getting. Dream of all those idiots proving your point and bringing even more validity to Vanessa's argument with every post. Those are the dreams you should have.

When you're right. You're right.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Not reading through 400 plus posts to find the next competitor in the Benjamin G. Lesnick Inagaural Memorial Triathlon challenge so pm me or quote this post to enter before 12/23/2015 for your chance to win 10 steam bux

Edit Verus was a weak bitch idiot near

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Dolvak is my favorite of the white knights now. Challenges Derek. Immediately backs down. Constantly breaks his own subreddits rules. He's just wonderful.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Ravane posted:

The Year 2019:

Sandi divorces Chris to get half the backer money and leaves. In order to avoid the backer's unrest, Chris gets a sex change and pulls a Caitlyn Jenner "Call me Christine!" He garners the attention of SJWs on Tumblr, so when the whales come knocking, a war between tumblr and shitizens breaks out and the word gamergate is thrown around without anyone really understanding what it means. And everyone forgets about Christine Roberts and Star Shitizen, because the new expansion releases for Elite, Elite: Citizen Star, and everyone is pondering the meaning of Paaaarpbud.

I'm willing to bet that the papers that Sandi had Chris sign on the live stream were the divorce papers themselves. She's a crafty one. She knows the ship is sinking so she's lining up that exit plan while she still can.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 20, 2015

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ravane posted:

The Year 2019:

Smh if you think there will be any backer money left February 2016

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whats the latest on the lawsuit?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Friendly Tumour posted:

Proceeding at the expected speed of a glacier.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Friendly Tumour posted:

Derek Smart has already begun charging his lawsuit energy into a Spirit Blog Bomb

We must lend him our power :ssj:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Friendly Tumour posted:

Two Weeks

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thank you.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xhuz3/is_the_star_citizen_community_souring_the_game/cy4v8ys

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Star shitizens: every single one of us is a space psychologist.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I literally guffawed at that wall of text.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
if you ask him for a rec he gives you sandi's direct concierge email.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/307286/do-you-really-believe-cig-will-stop-ship-sales-when-the-game-is-complete

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Option 3: "Nobody in their right mind will spend $250 on a loving starship once the game is live and it only takes Two Weeks to earn one."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKRmmpWIfE

So the new "physicalized EVA" is basically a rag doll?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The whale meltdowns that will ensue when people are able to earn $1000 ships in game in any amount of reasonable time are going to be hilarious.*

*assuming the game is released it won't

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Even better, if some cheese way to grind money was exploited and everyone could have one in like 4 hours ahaha

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKRmmpWIfE

So the new "physicalized EVA" is basically a rag doll?

It seems to be a general rule that anything described using the qualifier “physic[s]” in CS is just grand-standing for something fairly simple (and yet poorly implemented).

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Welp my refund got denied.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Even better, if some cheese way to grind money was exploited and everyone could have one in like 4 hours ahaha

CIG will have numerous examples of that from the start. Just look at how quickly people got Anacondas in Elite; thanks to stuff like a mining bug and rare trading exploits people had them in less than a month. Imagine how enraged people will be when their $1000 starships are available within a month, if not faster. Hell seeing a $250 starship be available in a week will likely set people off.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tippis posted:

It seems to be a general rule that anything described using the qualifier “physic[s]” in CS is just grand-standing for something fairly simple (and yet poorly implemented).
To be fair, judging from those "physics" threads, a lot of the player base would be unable to tell the difference anyways.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I guarantee CIG would take those ships/credits back to protect the "integrity" of the game.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

jaffyjaffy posted:

was it the usual response that's been posted in this thread?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

jaffyjaffy posted:

Chargeback time!

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

A Neurotic Jew posted:

was it the usual response that's been posted in this thread?

I've been out of the thread for a while due to finals and graduation-related projects, but it was 700ish words that sums up to "it's been over 14 days eat poo poo" with a bunch of cites to the current ToS.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

jaffyjaffy posted:

Just threaten a charge back. They seem to cave at that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/307202/guess-which-spaceship-did-my-son-draw-me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jaffyjaffy posted:

get a chargeback citizen (unless you did paypal)

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

get a chargeback citizen (unless you did paypal)

That's the plan at this point. Might not even threaten it to their CS and just call my bank outright.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

jaffyjaffy posted:

I've been out of the thread for a while due to finals and graduation-related projects, but it was 700ish words that sums up to "it's been over 14 days eat poo poo" with a bunch of cites to the current ToS.

yea that's what's they've been putting out for a couple weeks now.

get a chargeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Excellent article, how pathetic are the comments though. I love the irony of screaming click bait and feverishly clicking to say so.

• Locked thread