Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

NmareBfly posted:

someone in the last thead said to get these:
http://www.amazon.com/Mackerel-Fillets-Tom-Yum-Sauce/dp/B00HV3K6IK/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1450476992&sr=1-1

and they were loving tasty but now there are no more @ amazon.

nice and meaty fillets with a tasty spicy sauce that I kinda wanted to drink right out of the tin afterwards but I was vaguely scared of heavy metal poisoning because it came from china so i didnt, this was likely a mistake.

They come from Thailand dumbass, I would have never told you to get canned fish from China unless I was actively trying to kill you.

I went to the Panasia site and it looks like they don't make the Tom Yum or Green Curry flavors any more, just some chili flavor. Sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

They're not the same place?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Can I still say I'm down with the dine if I eat Niboshi Dashi. It's technically sardines?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Arkanomen posted:

Can I still say I'm down with the dine if I eat Niboshi Dashi. It's technically sardines?

You are down with the dine but that's only 2/10 dad points

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Thread has gotten me interested in trying sardines. What other foods go well with them?

naem
May 29, 2011

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

Necros posted:

you eat the bones??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlzhPVMAsg

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

eating the 'dines right now, using horse radish. thought it was an overly bold move but i like it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Secks Cauldron posted:

Thread has gotten me interested in trying sardines. What other foods go well with them?

Get some ZESTA crackers (none of this store brand poo poo) and slap them on when you eat the sardines. It's loving good

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

whoflungpoop posted:

fish is pretty nasty and it smells funny like the seafood part of the supermarket smells gross as hell

im sure its hleathy for u but so is vegetables and they dont smell gross, unless u do something stupid like cook them and then they smell like farts

yeah but aren't you the forum girl that talks about eating lots of meat and then having nasty shits and farts

naem
May 29, 2011

http://youtu.be/-GL5lzMJomY

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Secks Cauldron posted:

Take a can of sardines in oil and toss them with pasta and feta cheese.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

whoflungpoop posted:

even the freshest seafood smells nasty, i just realized this must be what gay dudes feel like when confronted with even a freshly showered snaz

You are overselling. You know you want that fish.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXz-bIMxzoE

Fag meets dad

2:45 deep style

raton fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 19, 2015

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ok that guys snively nasal voice is way worse than eating the bones good god

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

EX250 Type R posted:

They ate the gray squirrel stir fry I made them so why not fish and eggs

lol you ate a squirrel? are you a redneck or just poor and retarded hahaahhahaha :roflolmao:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mad Monk posted:

I enjoy a can of herring in mustard sauce from time to time. Sardines aren't all that bad, they're just not that good.

because thats the cheapest poo poo garbage can of sardines you can buy at the store

and theyre still alright

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

whoflungpoop posted:

even the freshest seafood smells nasty, i just realized this must be what gay dudes feel like when confronted with even a freshly showered snaz

u can tell wjem someone has never actually eaten fresh seafood and has only walked to the counter at his local midwestern, landlocked grocery store & scoffed at the thawed out tuna steak labeled "FRESH TUNA" and the miasma surrounding it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Secks Cauldron posted:

rye bread. mayonnaise. hot sauce. red onion. aquavit/schnapps.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 19, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

dad of the year

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Food4Less near my mom's place had these:
Pacific Pearl fancy smoked oysters, Brunswick sardines in olive oil & spring water (no salt added), La Sirena sardines in tomato sauce and tomato sauce with chili, Star fillets of anchovies in olive oil, Geisha fancy smoked baby clams in cottonseed oil, and Chicken of the Sea sardines in oil (lightly smoked).

The La Sirenas will need an actual can opener, which my mom doesn't have at her assisted living facility. :(

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Android Bicyclist posted:

The Food4Less near my mom's place had these:
Pacific Pearl fancy smoked oysters, Brunswick sardines in olive oil & spring water (no salt added), La Sirena sardines in tomato sauce and tomato sauce with chili, Star fillets of anchovies in olive oil, Geisha fancy smoked baby clams in cottonseed oil, and Chicken of the Sea sardines in oil (lightly smoked).

The La Sirenas will need an actual can opener, which my mom doesn't have at her assisted living facility. :(

lmao your mom is old and cant take care of her and you dont love her eough to take care of her so you sent her to a home to die

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Secks Cauldron posted:

Tabasco sauce

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

of COURSE the secret to a tasty 'dine is a burst of shark poo poo OF COURSE

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

I want to be that old man when I am old enough to give no fucks. Though of course, I'll have failed if I am ever the ancestor of such a pathetic manchild as the one behind the camera.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Ewwwwwww no!

and then his girlfriend tries them and loves it. My favorite part is 1:45 when the dad busts out laughing at his dumbass son.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
okay just had some king oscar jalapeno sardines on toast with avocado spread on top and gently caress me it was delish

i also got king oscar black pepper 'dines to try - any suggestions? no crackers god drat it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

cram me sideways posted:

okay just had some king oscar jalapeno sardines on toast with avocado spread on top and gently caress me it was delish

i also got king oscar black pepper 'dines to try - any suggestions? no crackers god drat it

Put em up ur butt lol

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Haha good frief

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
My dinner: toasted rosemary and olive oil bread with a spread composed of KO Mediterraneans (mashed), a little bit of cream cheese, and chopped lacto-fermented garlic. Extremely good and hopefully by Monday I won't stink anymore.

Edit:

cram me sideways posted:

stipulation: if you get the dine dad tag you must actually be a dad and not just a disgusting old male

in which case ahahahah you're a loving dad you god drat idiot all you had to do was NOT blow a baby up your girlfriend wth

what if you literally cannot become a dad out of no choice of your own

Male Tiers fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 20, 2015

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Sardines aren't as tasty as canned salmon so I never eat them at home but when I'm camping I eat them on crackers with Marmite.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Oily smallfish are great! But I don't eat the bones.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Sardines aren't as tasty as canned salmon

WRONG

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Maoist Pussy posted:

But I don't eat the bones.

Goddamn weakass vittles bitch

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Dunno what you guys are bitching about with the bones. Maybe they're noticeable in the cheaper brands with bigger sardines, but in KOs they're small and so soaked up in olive oil that you can't even tell the bones are there when you eat them. I've gotten many people overcome their ridiculous fear of this. It's good and you will never sense any bones.

it's also got useful nutrients as well that you're missing out on ya fuckin wimps, like 4x the calcium of what your weak skinless boneless cans have

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

well, i guess if there's more eating of the bones ths is a good sardine thread.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ive never cared for sardines or anchovies. is there like a big ol sardine that would change my mind ala ahi tuna vs shiity canned tuna?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alan Smithee posted:

Ive never cared for sardines or anchovies. is there like a big ol sardine that would change my mind ala ahi tuna vs shiity canned tuna?

Try again but spend the extra dollar and get good ones like King Oscar or Bela.

Don't be like me and try Beach Cliff as your reintroduction to sardine country. Cheap sardines can be good but you're rolling the dice.

Check out the can and find out the country of origin. If it's a European country or Morocco you're good to go

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
are there seriously people grossed out by eating sardine bonnes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Nooner posted:

lol you ate a squirrel? are you a redneck or just poor and retarded hahaahhahaha :roflolmao:

Sorry you aren't at the top of the food chain you beta bitch