Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500?snr=1_41_4__42

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm excited for this. Everyone has said this game is epic, and I did not own a PS3 so I never played it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I heard they took out the sweet armours from Berserk fort he PC release. Feels bad man.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
you're getting a dragon's dogma

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna play this game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm gonna play this game
Have you played it before?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played it for about 15 minutes when it was a ps plus game but it didn't immediately hook me and I think Lightning Returns had just come out and I sunk a lot of time into that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The three starting classes are pretty distinct, so if you aren't having fun with the game try switching classes. It can make a huge difference.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The first thing I'll do is try to perfectly recreate the time I skipped a whole tower dungeon by accidentally riding a cyclops off a ledge and using its corpse to cushion my fall to the bottom.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The first thing I'll do is try to perfectly recreate the time I skipped a whole tower dungeon by accidentally riding a cyclops off a ledge and using its corpse to cushion my fall to the bottom.
That happened to me both times I played. I think it's really easy for it to happen, actually, I've had to avoid grabbing the cyclops to keep from falling.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol, An Ancient Evil Awakens.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to remake George and also have a George pawn this time if anyone wants to adventure with him. Friend pawns are free to use iirc.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Very monhun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This, but at 60fps.

http://i.imgur.com/oLah0Ul.gifv

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I love this game

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Magic Archer is very fun, but I think I'll go assassin for next playthrough

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wolves hunt in packs

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
They fixed that in Dark Arisen

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This game seems sah-weet but I never got around to playing it. Probably won't now either, but some day mayube.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Hell yeas. They sure kept us waiting

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I also played this when it was free for ps plus but had trouble getting into it. I seem to recall some quests that reminded me too much of grindy MMO quests. I'm definitely getting this for the pc however, I don't use the ps3 enough

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I've only seen videos of this but magic seems powwerful and Im intrigued

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i can't wait to play this again.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

this and tekken is why my ps3 is still hooked up

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

cant wait for the mods

i hope someone makes a skeleton race so i can be a skeleton sorcerer

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

All I want from the PC release is a consistent FPS.

Loved the game but it loving chugged on the PS3.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
powerfully stoked

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

metricchip posted:

All I want from the PC release is a consistent FPS.

Loved the game but it loving chugged on the PS3.

Watch the steam trailer.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my only remaining wish for capcom would be a DMC 3 rerelease for steam

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
(puts a bucket down on the store counter and "Between The Sheets" by the Isley Brothers starts playing)

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Red Suit posted:

Magic Archer is very fun, but I think I'll go assassin for next playthrough

I like the fact that you can play and max out every single class with one character. This game owns as hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I can't wait.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh shiiitttt

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm going to mod the menu music to be the original menu music instead of the Dark Arisen one.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone will mod the berserker armor back in I hope

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope it's easily moddable and it's not a loving nightmare

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope it's easily moddable and it's not a loving nightmare

quote:

Q) What’s Capcom’s stance on fan-made mods?
A) We won’t stop modders from tinkering around with the Steamworks edition of the game. The act of modding Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen and use of modded content is not officially warranted or supported by Capcom. Play at your own risk.

Q) Does the game support modding? Any plans to integrate with Steam Workshop?
A) Dragon’s Dogma does not officially provide mod functionality nor tools to enable community mods. This is primarily due to limitations on the proprietary MT Framework engine and MTF development tools used to create the game. Unfortunately, tools only exist as a full-on development suite, contains licensed middleware solutions, fonts, and assets that cannot be sub-licensed, and therefore commissioned for internal use only.

who knows

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm going to mod the menu music to be the original menu music instead of the Dark Arisen one.

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like this game a lot. i got up to the end of the first act before getting distracted by other stuff, but i'm going to finish it on the 360 at some point. it definitely makes you realize how lovely a lot of other open world combat is in comparison once you play it.

• Locked thread