Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

jaffyjaffy posted:

Welp my refund got denied.

If you have the email chain still could you forward it to info@informationredux.com ? Trying to get some hard numbers on these refunds so we can get a good look at what is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

there are going to be so many suicides when this fails :stonklol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I will kill myself

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Oh, think so huh? Then wait'll you get a load of this...https://archive.is/fCIJR

ps: I searched all my blogs and social media. Nope, I don't see any hits on where I have ever - ever - used that word. As in, ever. Like I said, they're not even trying anymore

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I have a few serious concerns about NPC crew

quote:

Why do people keep posting this drivel.
If you love everything they've done so far, why would you think they will suddenly flat out screw up some random mundane mechanic like this? What... suddenly they have no ability to design games when it comes to NPC's in particular, but everything else they absolutely nail it and its amazing... right?
Its the old problem again. The same one I keep seeing and it peeves me to no end.
"I can't think of a solution to this, therefor nobody can think of a solution to this! CIG can't make the game I want because they can't think of a solution to this! I MUST HELP THEM EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T THINK OF A SOLUTION TO THIS!"
Just stop, stop, please stop. Just stop fretting over little poo poo that has no chance of happening. They are going to pay due diligence to this mechanic in the game just like all of the other things they're designing, and it will be good, if not great, and there is NO WAY they just let it be absolute trash.
Your concerns are foolish and unwarranted, and it looks bad. Focus on what you can do to support their designing the game to be the best it can be. Feedback for NPC balancing is probably most helpful when you actually see just what the hell they are working on - since you cannot because all we have is the 3 points you posted, you should stick to what you know, which is almost nothing.
I mean literally read your post and tell yourself while reading it: "This was all based on 3 sentences worth of information and assumptions I made. Nothing more."
If I take heat for this post, I don't care. I am venting the same as the OP.

:allears:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I loathe the SC community and hope the game never comes out

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I take issue with this because I just loaded the game up and it is absolute trash, in fact I would struggle to find a better way of describing it

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

D_Smart posted:

ps: I searched all my blogs and social media. Nope, I don't see any hits on where I have ever - ever - used that word. As in, ever. Like I said, they're not even trying anymore

Would you say his claim is...demonstrably false?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

I liked in the current PTU where they "absolutely nail"ed spaceship physics. And how they've nailed gigantic battles with multiple multi-crewed ships on both sides.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol the meltdowns have been getting really good recently. There's probably a dawning realization that the winter and spring are going to be pretty barren content wise, just as it was last year...or maybe the unspeakable happens...

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I bought one of the $30 special packages. Looking forward to this epic game

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your patience with this ticket.
We have reviewed your account status and regret that we are not able to accommodate your request for a refund since it was received outside of the statutory 14 day period.
Your pledge was made as part of the crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for the development of “Star Citizen.” As such you were aware that the funds would be actively applied after receipt for this purpose, not idly maintained in a bank account, and therefore could not be subject to a refund once used. As you may know from the extensive information on our website Robertsspaceindustries.com, Cloud Imperium Games has been working diligently over the past 3 years on the development of the game, and now employs over 260 staff in four studios. 2,538 reports, updates and web shows have been made available during this time, and first modules with limited gameplay were offered as early as in fall of 2013 – by now hundreds of thousands of gameplay hours have been played on our servers. The development of the game is proceeding steadily, and a substantial part of the promised game offering dozens of gameplay hours has been made available to the backers in early release versions (see further detail below).
Pursuant to the terms of your agreement (see Sec. 4 of the Commercial Terms, and Sec. IV.A of the subsequent Terms of Service, as applicable, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos), your payment was a deposit to be used for the “Game Cost” (as defined therein), and such deposit has since been “earned by CIG and become non-refundable to the extent that it is used for the Game Cost...” You further agreed to “irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above.” The only exception would be a return of unearned funds remaining in case of an abandonment of the project. If you pledged on Kickstarter, you agreed to these terms when you transferred your pledge account to robertsspaceindustries.com.
These terms are consistent with the specific nature of crowdfunding and the foreseeable use of your pledge – we hope you appreciate that we cannot ask our hard working personnel to return some of their salary nor that it would be appropriate to use current backers’ funds provided for game development as a refund for an earlier and committed pledge.
While a substantive part of the promised gameplay is now available, we acknowledge that delivery of some game elements has been delayed due to expansion of Star Citizen’s scope. This expansion is a result of the community’s declared desire to have the initial release version of the game developed to a much greater depth than contemplated originally upon start of the campaign. It is inherent to the nature of crowdfunding that such an adjustment to the project may occur. Ultimately, this will benefit all backers including yourself, since every backer will be receiving a much greater value for his/her pledge, but it may – as in this case – cause an extension of the delivery dates.
We acknowledge that some individual backers may find the additional wait undesirable. However, as per Sec. VII of the ToS, you did “acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a promise by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time.”
We’d like to point you to the significant gameplay which is now available; https://robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list and if you haven't already, we encourage you to download the installer from this url: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download and patch up to play the latest version of the game.
Star Citizen is a project for gamers, by gamers. Delays and changes are always unfortunate, but in our case they are also one of the reasons the project is so special. By financing the project using crowd funding, our team is not beholden to a publisher who would insist we ship a game unfinished or broken to meet a particular date. Thanks to continued backing of our community, we have the needed creative freedom over the project, to create a unique game, and we feel the results, such as unparalleled immersion and fidelity, are already speaking for themselves!
We sincerely hope you enjoy the updates both current and future in the Star Citizen 'Verse.
Thank you.
RSI Customer Service Management

Well, got my refund denial letter today. I guess that means it's game on. Has anyone made any inroads with chargebacks when a credit card was used through PayPal? My purchases range from 2013 to a few months ago. I saw Beer's advice from a few pages ago, and I've been collecting tidbits from this thread over the last six weeks for the predicted eventuality that they'd try to gently caress me over. Still, if anyone successfully gets their money back from a credit card purchase channeled through PayPal, post your experience.

e: 'Murica

Dirty Hairy fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 20, 2015

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chin posted:

So was the World of Warcraft Alpha 2.0 2.1 just one starter zone for one race with only male characters, no character customization, and a fraction of the promised classes?

I don't understand game development :smith:

The ancient, ancient WoW Alpha was a modified version of the Warcraft 3 engine and never saw the light of day for the general public, save for maybe a dozen screenshots. The engine the first non-Blizzard/friends and family people saw was more-or-less the same one that's in use today.

(This is also how you do a staggered release properly, since you're generally not relying on random internet people to do comprehensive bugtesting for you: get the engine to a largely playable state internally, then let out a trickle of beta invites and the occasional beta weekend to generate interest. When potentially interested parties are searching your game on YouTube and finding every third video to be a "watch my spaceship's hull leave its skeleton and hump a wall forever" deal, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.)

D_Smart posted:

Oh, think so huh? Then wait'll you get a load of this...https://archive.is/fCIJR

The idea that only a single person writing on the internet has ever used the word "demonstrably" is hilarious. Talk about grasping at the shadows of straws.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Loaded game - connection error
Loaded game, got in a dudes ship behind him and then got stuck in floor. Flew around space for a bit looking at the guys walls.
Pressed Use (wtf is this poo poo even for?) and nothing happened, 2 minutes later I am in space frozen unable to move.
Choose to return to hangar, Star Citizen has stopped responding.
loving great game you got here chaps

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Amethyst posted:

will you give us your impressions of Alpha 2.0?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Amethyst posted:

Have fun. Hopefully the remainder of the brain doesn't melt.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Amethyst posted:

Have fun, it's good

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

A Neurotic Jew posted:

will you give us your impressions of Alpha 2.0?

I'm not really interested in playing the alpha. I'll wait for 1.0

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

This fuckin guy :lol:

pgabz always makes a post that makes me chuckle. :3:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CrazyLoon posted:

That guy is still prattling on ha ha
Also:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

D_Smart posted:

I use “demonstrably” quite often, and I'm sure lots of EVEfugees remember my long-winded and aggressive dissections of tons of whine-posts on those forums. So maybe I'm just you (or vice versa) or something. :D

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CrazyLoon posted:

It's been going on for days now this, I don't even read what they wrote

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

This fuckin guy :lol:

That was....I don't even know how to describe it. I need help.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Tippis posted:

I use “demonstrably” quite often, and I'm sure lots of EVEfugees remember my long-winded and aggressive dissections of tons of whine-posts on those forums. So maybe I'm just you (or vice versa) or something. :D

D.Smart alt spotted. Confirmed goons are D.Smart alts.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

That was....I don't even know how to describe it. I need help.

You should see the part where I say we should agree to disagree but they won't have that ha ha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that guy writes careposts on r/kotakuinaction

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

xanif posted:

Would you say his claim is...demonstrably false?

Yes. Demonstrably so.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That went on for much longer that I anticipated.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Dirty Hairy posted:

Well, got my refund denial letter today. I guess that means it's game on. Has anyone made any inroads with chargebacks when a credit card was used through PayPal? My purchases range from 2013 to a few months ago. I saw Beer's advice from a few pages ago, and I've been collecting tidbits from this thread over the last six weeks for the predicted eventuality that they'd try to gently caress me over. Still, if anyone successfully gets their money back from a credit card purchase channeled through PayPal, post your experience.

Could you forward the email chain to info@informationredux.com ? I'm gathering some data on these like dates of communications with cig, how much was spent, how long it is taking them to deny a request, etc (basically just numbers).

Also, has anyone got a refund since the refund denials have started?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

VenusRedux posted:

Could you forward the email chain to info@informationredux.com ? I'm gathering some data on these like dates of communications with cig, how much was spent, how long it is taking them to deny a request, etc (basically just numbers).

Also, has anyone got a refund since the refund denials have started?

I have had no reply as of yet

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

I don't even have words. Going to the comment section just warms me all over.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

real time rendered = real

REAL IS IN THE NAME DUH

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I don't even have words. Going to the comment section just warms me all over.

That's the dude I am talking to now :lol:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Star Citizens are the gift that keeps on giving, and giving, and giving (money to CIG).

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

REAL IS IN THE NAME DUH

He is playing me like a fiddle I tell you

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Well poo poo. Looks like we'll have a future in washing Dereks windows. I know it's not where I saw my future, but sometimes you have to play the hand your dealt. I'm not providing the goddamn Windex though. That's on you Derek.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

I loathe the SC community and hope the game never comes out

I hope it does come out.

I hope it's an entirely bland and by the numbers fps but in space.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
If you're bitching about not getting a refund (lol refunding so late), at least say which country you are in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

REAL IS IN THE NAME DUH

What does he even base the “real time” part on?
He seems to be referencing some other video showing the same thing — how does he know it's “real” (or real time)?

• Locked thread